Should I retake the classes that I got C's in during dual enrollment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jazzyfizzles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a senior in high school who is getting ready to go to college. Starting in my junior year of high school, I began to take college classes with the goal of getting an Associate's Degree by the time I leave high school so I'll be able to transfer the credits and only have to do 2 years at a university after I graduate high school.

During my time taking college classes, I didn't really have my heart set on going to medical school, so I didn't take it seriously. I was only 15/16. So for my pre-req classes, I did great in some, and not so great in others. Unfortunately I have a lot of C's in quite a few of my classes, such as chemistry and physics.

I really want to take these classes over after I graduate high school and go to college so that I can get better grades in them . However, I was wondering if it's looked down upon by medical schools for pre-med students to retake classes. Will it hurt my chances of getting into medical school if I retake them? Will it hurt my chances of getting into medical school if I DON'T retake them? Or should I just not bother transferring the credits and just start fresh once I get to college?

TLDR ; I got C's in a few of my pre-reqs in my dual enrollment classes during high school and I was wondering if I should retake those classes again, or will it be looked down upon by med schools? Or should I just not transfer the credits and start from scratch for undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you from Washington? Speaking for the school in my profile photo specifically, as far as I knew back then (which was last year), I didn't have an option of having my credits transferred or not. Everything I took in community college appears on my transcript because you'll need to submit an official transcript from your college to UW prior to matriculating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you from Washington? Speaking for the school in my profile photo specifically, as far as I knew back then (which was last year), I didn't have an option of having my credits transferred or not. Everything I took in community college appears on my transcript because you'll need to submit an official transcript from your college to UW prior to matriculating.
Nope, I'm not from Washington.