This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auntymarkovnikov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go: Should I take my exam July 29th, August 2nd, or August 7th (these are rough dates, i will try and make one of these happen).I am currently scheduled for August 2nd at 4pm.
PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON A GOOD DATE TO TAKE THE DAT. Atm, I am not even remotely close to being ready. I do however, plan on spending every single day studying for 12 hours per day.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Be mindful of studying smart. I can tell you are a very hard worker but take advantage of Bootcamp to the fullest. Don't do another practice test if you got a 16. Go over the wrong answers, find out exactly what you missed, go back to study materials and learn. And bio section is very broad, I suggest reading cliffnotes over and over again, rather than having flashcards which forces you to focus on specific things. It's ultimately up to you to decide, but this is my strong suggestion.

Reactions: 2 users
As far as date suggestion, I honestly think the whole studying process is mentally exhausting so the longer you take the more stressful. I had one month to prepare and I studied 15 hours a day. It was the worst 4 weeks of my life but pressuring enough to get the hell out of my bed and study.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To answer your question briefly: I would take the test when I felt ready.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I moved my test back a twice because I felt I was ready. I studied less than 6 weeks. Any more weeks of studying, my brain would've went suicidal.

To answer your question briefly: I would take the test when I felt ready.

Good luck!
I saw the post that you wrote but it appears that you edited it all out. How can you say it's not probable for me to get a 22AA in 8 weeks of study time and also tell me I'm not ready to apply? Have you taken the DAT?

As far as date suggestion, I honestly think the whole studying process is mentally exhausting so the longer you take the more stressful. I had one month to prepare and I studied 15 hours a day. It was the worst 4 weeks of my life but pressuring enough to get the hell out of my bed and study.
Hey.. for a 22+ I'd study till september. Just wondering if any of the dates I listed above are "too late"

I saw the post that you wrote but it appears that you edited it all out. How can you say it's not probable for me to get a 22AA in 8 weeks of study time and also tell me I'm not ready to apply? Have you taken the DAT?
Yes I have taken the DAT.

It shouldn't be too late! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey.. for a 22+ I'd study till september. Just wondering if any of the dates I listed above are "too late"
No it's not late, you just have to indicate on AADSAS that you are retaking

Reactions: 1 user