DubbiDoctor

2+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
I don't think you're ready for a SMP. You should retake the pre-med pre-reqs that you did poorly on, and earn at least A-s. If you do that, then focus on raising your MCAT to at least a 505. Then I think you should apply to DO schools. Do the SMP as a last resort.

lilblue

2+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I don't quite understand. From what I been reading on SDN, a lot of people are now looking into smp because there is no longer grade replacement for the DO schools. So how does retaking the classes I did poorly in help ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
I don't think you're ready for a SMP. You should retake the pre-med pre-reqs that you did poorly on, and earn at least A-s. If you do that, then focus on raising your MCAT to at least a 505. Then I think you should apply to DO schools. Do the SMP as a last resort.
Agree 100% with this. And go read everything written by the wise DrMidlife in the nontrade forum.

Reactions: lilblue
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads