SMP Advice for Low GPA / Low MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I don't think you're ready for a SMP. You should retake the pre-med pre-reqs that you did poorly on, and earn at least A-s. If you do that, then focus on raising your MCAT to at least a 505. Then I think you should apply to DO schools. Do the SMP as a last resort.
 
I don't quite understand. From what I been reading on SDN, a lot of people are now looking into smp because there is no longer grade replacement for the DO schools. So how does retaking the classes I did poorly in help ?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I don't think you're ready for a SMP. You should retake the pre-med pre-reqs that you did poorly on, and earn at least A-s. If you do that, then focus on raising your MCAT to at least a 505. Then I think you should apply to DO schools. Do the SMP as a last resort.
Agree 100% with this. And go read everything written by the wise DrMidlife in the nontrade forum.