So.. any SDN cats ever come across each other in real life planned or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A physician I shadowed a few times is on SDN, i recognized his username b/c it was similar to his real name. I might someone who is now my really good friend via SDN. Ive met many people on teh interveiw trail, chubbychaser comes to mind. I wanna meet jgberken if for no reason than to prove she's not actually a bird.

p.s. silverlining you should put together a socal partay sometime during xmas break!!!
hehe I'm not a bird...I promise! It would be nice to meet ryserr and some other SDNers (Humid!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've met Vadd0 (didn't know until I got home though), and melissainsd was my student tour guide at interview, and hopefully I'll be able to see Phoenix. in July or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, I met Phoenix. Haha, forgot to mention that. :p I don't see her around much any more except in the Mayo thread.

Ohh william hwang's got nothing on me.

so.... I'm guessing he's on the bottom then? ;)

I kid I kid!

I'm much more appropriate in person, as the people who's met me will testify... I hope...:xf:

but a bunch of the people that I've met on SDN actually ended up being my classmates

i met a couple of people at an interview and they told me their sn's. I was actually on a flight with the moderator and we had assigned seats right next to each other

Met 2 SDN'ers at interviews

i met a couple of people at an interview and they told me their sn's. I was actually on a flight with the moderator and we had assigned seats right next to each other

OMG did you get an autograph?!?!?

Hmm I have encountered some people talking about SDN at interviews but I have always been afraid to "out" myself. I think its not impossible that student-interviewers read SDN, so I tread a bit lightly. I'm pretty sure if someone was determined to they could probably figure out who I am based on my posts, but uh I'm pretty sure nobody would bother. I'd definitely like to meet some SDNers in real life tho they seem pretty insightful from some of their posts, heh maybe after the admissions bit is past.
-Roy

Hmm I have encountered some people talking about SDN at interviews but I have always been afraid to "out" myself. I think its not impossible that student-interviewers read SDN, so I tread a bit lightly. I'm pretty sure if someone was determined to they could probably figure out who I am based on my posts, but uh I'm pretty sure nobody would bother. I'd definitely like to meet some SDNers in real life tho they seem pretty insightful from some of their posts, heh maybe after the admissions bit is past.
-Roy

So I'm guessing your real name isn't Roy? :laugh:

It's actually amazing how you'll always hear people talk about SDN at interviews, but they never claim to post. They always either read interview feedback or lurk the forums. I'd say I've talked to maybe 20 people who claim to know SDN, but only 2-3 who have actually owned up to posting.

It's actually amazing how you'll always hear people talk about SDN at interviews, but they never claim to post. They always either read interview feedback or lurk the forums. I'd say I've talked to maybe 20 people who claim to know SDN, but only 2-3 who have actually owned up to posting.

oh yea, lurkers abound. They always knew who I was and creeped me out.

i wonder if anyone was interviewed by LizzyM

noone knows about LizzyM. dont bother guessing. you'll just get warned by the SDN troops.

Ditto. I have a few people I would want to meet, Vihsadas for one and The Prowler, PandaBearMD and the other amazing posters who always, without hesitation, put pre-meds in their place.

Well said

it's funny you say this bc it's happened to me. at one of my interviews, one of the interviewees broke the ice in the waiting room by asking everyone if they've heard of SDN and was describing the site as a forum for worrying premeds. everyone in the room claimed to have read a few posts but denied having posted on the site. i wanted (and should have!) said that i've posted but after everyone dismissed the site as being silly, i didn't want to be odd ball.

about the original q. i think i met funkydrmonkey at one of my interviews tho i didn't want to put him on the spot by asking. i'm sure i met other SDNers but without knowing it.

deny deny deny. youve never heard of it. why would anyone want to talk about this stuff? what network? wow that is nerd.

deny deny deny. youve never heard of it. why would anyone want to talk about this stuff? what network? wow that
is nerd.

"Have you heard of SDN?"
lolwutud3.jpg

it's funny you say this bc it's happened to me. at one of my interviews, one of the interviewees broke the ice in the waiting room by asking everyone if they've heard of SDN and was describing the site as a forum for worrying premeds. everyone in the room claimed to have read a few posts but denied having posted on the site. i wanted (and should have!) said that i've posted but after everyone dismissed the site as being silly, i didn't want to be odd ball.

about the original q. i think i met funkydrmonkey at one of my interviews tho i didn't want to put him on the spot by asking. i'm sure i met other SDNers but without knowing it.

wow, this is soooooo true....somehow SDN has come up in like 60% of my interviews...and ive yet to find anyone who owns up to posting, i deny so myself...

and i know this is a lie because i have ran into 5 SDN'ers on the interview trail...never have i approached em tho, cuz i prefer my anonymity...:smuggrin:

I met shemarty at vandy,

Haha, I remember. That was pretty impressive! I remember when you guessed, I kind of panicked a bit because I realized how...public my life had suddenly become.

----
A few weeks later, I, in turn, guessed who shemarty was without her telling me (without her even seeing me, I think).

On a side note Shemarty comes up occasionally as a party topic at my school, usually in the context of "%^&* my interviews suck, Shemarty gets into all the good schools".. I let out a little chuckle everytime

Oh boy. Yea, I also am a little surprised at how public everything has become. I had no intention of trying to stay anonymous, but I also didn't think I'd run into people at interviews who knew my MCAT score.

At one of my recent ones, somebody asked me "so, did you finally get that Penn interview invite?" Haha...

Pianola, you're right I didn't see you! The Baylor interview was huge, and I only vaguely remember your answer to 'favorite food.'

Silverlining tells me that my name comes up sometimes when she hosts the tours at UCSD.

I can't imagine how weird it might be next year when some of my future classmates know all this random stuff about me from SDN/mdapps...

Pianola, you're right I didn't see you! The Baylor interview was huge, and I only vaguely remember your answer to 'favorite food.'

Yeah, yeah. I don't even know why it even occurred to me to guess who you were. I guess I don't know that many people into surgery :p and I think I remembered reading that you were interviewing the same day as me (in the Baylor thread). So yeah, I guess I knew that you had to be in the room somewhere.

(I didn't post my interview date, because several people had figured out who I was on SDN)

Silverlining tells me that my name comes up sometimes when she hosts the tours at UCSD.

I can't imagine how weird it might be next year when some of my future classmates know all this random stuff about me from SDN/mdapps...

You should seen our orientation week, the SDN people trying to find each other in the crowd (we had a game going to see who would find who first). Unfortunately most of those guys don't post on SDN anymore now that they are super busy.