Spanish or Global Health minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

is_this_name_taken_yet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman undergraduate student and am considering a minor in either Spanish or Global Health. There is only enough room for one of them in my schedule and I don't know which would be better. Both are interesting but Spanish comes with the possibility of being able to speak another language which would be useful in medical settings and for volunteering abroad. Global health also comes with the opportunity to go study or volunteer abroad and is related to infectious diseases, which is cool because the research lab I'm in works on infectious diseases. The nice thing about Spanish also is that it has super small class sizes (like between 10 and 30) while global health classes at my school are either very large (100+ students) or are online. I think it would be nice to have a non-science recommendation letter from a professor from one of the classes in my minor so small classes would probably be better. Spanish is a humanities while global health is more of a social science so there is that to consider as well (I heard humanities credits are important to have to show well-roundedness). Global health though would probably be easier to get As in. So I'm not sure which one to choose, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.