StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did the prismatic shard serve any purpose? Or just shiny?
That would be the biggest disappointment in the history of WW.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Did the prismatic shard serve any purpose? Or just shiny?
It was a 1x tinker item, but the person would have to give it to someone. They could choose who to give it to.

We liked the tinker ability, but Zenge in particular is pretty dangerous as a tinker, and I didn't want my games to get a reputation of potentially nuking wolves with tinker items, which is why we made it expensive and put that restriction on it.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WHAT WAS THE CULT MECHANIC
Cult could convert every other night, genny was the money thief, she had a 1x death avoidance b/c we wanted to guarantee she got to convert once, and they also had a 1 time entire-group protect that they used but didn't end up needing that night. Their wincon was to be 50% of the living roster.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Not sure what tinkerer item means in this context. I should probably just bookmark the noob game definitions list.

It was a 1x tinker item, but the person would have to give it to someone. They could choose who to give it to.

We liked the tinker ability, but Zenge in particular is pretty dangerous as a tinker, and I didn't want my games to get a reputation of potentially nuking wolves with tinker items, which is why we made it expensive and put that restriction on it.
Tinker?

• Haha
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Cult could convert every other night, genny was the money thief, she had a 1x death avoidance b/c we wanted to guarantee she got to convert once, and they also had a 1 time entire-group protect that they used but didn't end up needing that night. Their wincon was to be 50% of the living roster.
So if it had been 1:1:1 what would have happened?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What would’ve happened if she’d tried to convert dubz?

• Love
So if it had been 1:1:1 what would have happened?
I think it would have been a wolf win, but tbh I started panicking thinking about that scenario and our conclusion was "let's hope we don't have to really think this through since we didn't specify the wolf parity as being with village specifically or not"

• Haha
  • Love
I think it would have been a wolf win, but tbh I started panicking thinking about that scenario and our conclusion was "let's hope we don't have to really think this through since we didn't specify the wolf parity as being with village specifically or not"
Chances were low anyway lol

I was going to shoot True most likely if genny got yoten today, so I guess I could have won :thinking:

Like I said, I wasn't being intentionally misleading :laugh:
Well, genny wouldn't have died, so this still would have triggered a cult win.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh true, I forgot about genny's avoidance

So they would have had to yeet sporty...which definitely wasn't going to happen

• Care
Makes me feel better knowing that they had pretty much sealed the deal (not too much better though, since my actions got them to this point)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
The store mechanics, btw, were very similar to the item mechanics in LaWWpy; we RNGed how many items were going into the store on any given night, then RNGed if the axe was one of them (it had only a 20% chance of being available on any given night), and then RNGed the remainder depending on whether the axe went in. And each item could only be purchased and used twice before it would be out of the game permanently.

Cults are hard to balance with, especially in a small game. So much swing.

Smh village had no appreciation for my Cult kill :p
I appreciated you frequently and verbally in the thread! I called you the best wolf ever before I even knew who you were!

• Haha
I appreciated you frequently and verbally in the thread! I called you the best wolf ever before I even knew who you were!
Ok fair
I do try

But actually I was just convinced AM was about to turn on me lol she was too clear to live

Also, my Stoaty soul-read remains untarnished. I knew there was no chance in hell she would have a cool evil role and not be walking around the house cackling constantly

• Haha
Last thing I'll say/ask; as one of the last two villagers, it's hard not feeling like I'm the reason we lost; especially because I whiffed a powerful mechanical boon (the axe) and also helped Dubz misyeet several people.

How do I process this properly? How much really is my fault (and a learning opportunity) vs Dubz and Genny just being good at this?

• Care
Last thing I'll say/ask; as one of the last two villagers, it's hard not feeling like I'm the reason we lost; especially because I whiffed a powerful mechanical boon (the axe) and also helped Dubz misyeet several people.

How do I process this properly? How much really is my fault (and a learning opportunity) vs Dubz and Genny just being good at this?
I never process properly (see me at the of Shots). I just try to go harder in the next game.

• Care

Firstly, it’s really not your fault at all. This game was already particularly hard with so many factions, let alone being in endgame in general.

Secondly, the hard thing about being vig is that late game your impact is that much bigger. It sure wasn’t wrong to shoot Barks with what you knew. It just unfortunately wasn’t the right person.

Thirdly, processing is hard. I’m not the right person to ask because I’m still angry about a few games lol

• Care
:laugh::roflcopter:
i am not. do you know how many villagers i have shot as a village vig? too many to count!
Next game I'm going to ignore all the people saying that activity is NAI, if I'd ignored them for my gut I'd have not gone after Bob and gone after you harder. Next time!

I calculated it out and I'm only responsible for maybe 50% of your incorrect votes ;)

But no I mean, multiball games are tough. There's no magic recipe for identifying cult. They're wolfhunting so...they can blend in with village really well.

You can probs blame me for you thinking barks was a good candidate for the wolf too. I pushed that one pretty hard lol

• Haha
oh also i'm addicted when is next game

• Love
it was actually when you unyeeted me after i village read you to see if you'd unyeet me and take me to endgame ;)
Oh I wasn't even thinking about that when I changed my vote lol it was a show of support for Zenge's sporty vote, plus my vote for you didn't seem to be going anywhere and I needed a viable alternative to the wooflet

• Haha