StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(music for ambiance)

You step off the train and look around. It's a quiet little valley, flourishing green and with flowers blooming everywhere. The perfect spring environment. It's quite a change from the busy city life you've grown accustomed to. You see a mountainous range in the distance. It's beautiful, but is so far away, you have a hard time believing those peaks are real. It seems like just a fantasy or a trick of the eye. You pay no more mind to them. Maybe you'll visit the mountains again someday.

It was a surprise to get that letter in the mail, saying that your grandfather had passed away and willed the family farm to you. You haven't set foot on the farm in years - not since you were a small child. You walk onto the property and your heart sinks - the farm is looking pretty overgrown and run-down, not at all the pastoral paradise you remember from your childhood. The only buildings standing are Grandpa's tiny house and a greenhouse that looks like it's seen better days. But you can see the possibilities, as you look at the vast expanse of acreage. You can make a life here. You're sure of it.

You're greeted by a man who introduces himself as the mayor of Pelican Town. He offers his condolences on the loss of your grandfather, and says that everyone in town is looking forward to getting to know you. He hands you an envelope and says it's to get you started, before excusing himself to attend to Srs Town Bznss. You open the envelope to find 8 parsnip seeds and 500 gold (500g). You're sure that'll come in handy at the general store later.

You see a flyer sticking out of your mailbox and examine it carefully. It talks about how some people and animals have been going missing, never to be seen again. How peculiar. It warns you to keep an eye out for shady people, and to support your local farmers. Well, of course you support yourself. Wonder what that's all about.

Welcome to StardeWW Valley, a role madness game brought to you by the mod squad that brought you Madagascar.

14 players remain.

1. @potentialsheltervet
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @Dana_May_B
4. @kdswg
5. @Zenge142
6. @genny
7. @WildZoo
8. @samac
11. @Truenamer
13. @Barkley13
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @bluestoat
18. @BobLoblaw78

Sidecars:
1. @violetvett
2. @justafluff
3. @AceHydro
4. @IvyMoose

Subs:
*crickets*

Tots:
1. @Lawpy
2. @alleycat03
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WorthlessOxygen
5. @Doggo Labs

6. @Viscernable

The thread will be unlocked after a few more opening posts.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Rules, including participation requirements

1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “shorty is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks. Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 9 PM EST (8 PM CST/6 PM PST). Night will close at 10 AM EST or earlier if all submissions are received.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM. Do not open PMs with other players. There may be mechanics for PMs in this game, or there may not be, but those will be opened by the mods. If they exist.

The mechanics, I mean. The mods exist. We're pretty sure. 85% chance.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 36/12 cycle/5 content posts per 12/12 cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through RNG. Anything can happen. This modsquad enjoys mass executions. Consider yourselves warned, but remain clam.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text. Please use the terms “vote” or “yeet” when placing your vote.

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out. Discussing night results prior to write-up posting will get you a spanking.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mods in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.

13. We frown upon the use of village code and angleshooting. It will not help you in this game. All it will do is annoy the mods, and we have twitchy trigger fingers.
Examples of what we consider village code or angleshooting:
"My role PM contains the phrase "vanilla beans are the best beans," does anyone else have that phrase?"
"All the wolves that flipped were creatures you find in the mines, so let's all role reveal and solve by role names".

This game, like other shorty games, is specifically designed so it cannot be solved that way. So don't do it.

14. This game has the opportunity to buy and sell things. Please communicate your financial decisions in your role PM in the same manner you would submit night actions, e.g.:
N1: shorty dumps out the contents of her piggy bank and uses them to buy 3 real piggies

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Game-Specific Mechanics (READ THIS)

This game has some unusual mechanics in it. Some you'll discover along the way, but there are some rules around others that you should read. You really should read all the rules posts, but especially read this one, even if you are a self-proclaimed mechanics hater.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a game based on a game about farming. As such, you will have the opportunity to grow and sell crops of your own. Seeds will be available for purchase after voting closes; there is an unlimited amount of each seed type at the store. Please submit your planting choices in your role PM during nights in the same format as submitting other night actions, e.g. "N1: shorty plants 8 parsnips."

As you know, farming revolves around seasons, and some crops only grow during certain seasons. Crops in this game have different growing times, much like the real game. This will be listed alongside the description of the seed packet in the store. Unless otherwise stated, the seeds only grow during the current season, and will die when the seasons change. Plan accordingly with when you choose to plant things. The mods will post a reminder of how many days remain in the season with the start of each day.

All seasons will be 2 game days other than the first Spring (which we are currently in), which will be 3 to allow for planting long grow time crops.

When you sell crops, they are sold to the bank. They do not go to other players. There is no transferring of seeds or money to other players.

There may be opportunities to purchase a limited number of items from the store occasionally (other than seeds). Items are first-come, first-serve, and submissions must be made in your role PM to purchase them, e.g. "shorty buys the sword". If someone beats you to it, too bad, so sad. ITEMS MUST BE ORDERED BY THE STORE AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAYER USE THE FOLLOWING NIGHT CYCLE.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
It is now Day 1. Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3/2022.

3 days of spring remain.

Last edited:
  • Love
First!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
well hello everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can I please have some clarification?
Dubz stated her intent in yeeting me was for “lulz and angries”

Sporty preemptively said it was Dubz’s intent to get me yeeted.

When you assume you “make an ass out of you and me” as the saying goes.

Sporty mistakingly made an assumption that turned out to be non factual.

Although I’m still unclear on Dubz’s overall strategy, or purpose in voting me, in general.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users

Although I’m still unclear on Dubz’s overall strategy, or purpose in voting me, in general.
I can't say I've ever heard that saying.

• Care
  • Wow
  • Sad
I can't say I've ever heard that saying.
Really!?

“You know what happens when you assume?

You make an ass out of you and me.”

Assume. Ass U Me.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
How’s it going?
pretty good! excited to finally play another game since my physiology test was last week hahaha now i get to use this game as a reason to procrastinate studying for anatomy :heckyeah:

• Care

Thank you for the detailed explanation. 10/10 good words

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hello, fellow farmers!

Really looking forward to my second game. My goal: to not get eated or misyeeted until at least day 3 :D

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hello, fellow farmers!

Really looking forward to my second game. My goal: to not get eated or misyeeted until at least day 3 :D
That’s specific
And I don’t like it.
*intense stare*
You woofin?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
That’s specific
And I don’t like it.
*intense stare*
You woofin?

Oh hey, just curious, are you a wolf in this game too?
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users