StardeWW Valley - Sign Up Thread - Sign Ups CLOSED - Game Start 2/2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I just tested it and it works, you just have to be like "yes I'm sure I want to spam this thread" lol
Me every game

Members don't see this ad.

bread-rolls.gif

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FRESH ROLES SHOULD BE OUT. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECIEVED ONE PLEASE LET YOUR FRIENDLY MOD TEAM KNOW

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Tots chat still an option?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@WildZoo @bluestoat @potentialsheltervet thoughts pls

Ooohhh I have a book that discusses this! I need to find it. I think the book was like "super ancient phrases are inconclusive but seem supportive of familial binds and hereditary personality flaws" as a way to criticize people, like, dinguses can't reform. And then it went into evolution of the phrase. Gotta find it though.

Ooohhh I have a book that discusses this! I need to find it. I think the book was like "super ancient phrases are inconclusive but seem supportive of familial binds and hereditary personality flaws" as a way to criticize people, like, dinguses can't reform. And then it went into evolution of the phrase. Gotta find it though.
There’s this from wiki too

Two modern commentators, author Albert Jack[10] and Messianic Priest Richard Pustelniak,[11] claim that the original meaning of the expression was that the ties between people who have made a blood covenant (or have shed blood together in battle) were stronger than ties formed by "the water of the womb", thus "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb". Neither of the authors cite any sources to support their claim.

@WildZoo @bluestoat @potentialsheltervet thoughts pls

Idk. It seems to me like two bing-bongs decided to repurpose the phrase to suit what they wanted to say. I imagine finding the source for an "ancient proverb" is basically impossible, so I guess we'll never really know.
I did find the German phrase from the 12th century, though, so I guess that's neat.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Idk. It seems to me like two bing-bongs decided to repurpose the phrase to suit what they wanted to say. I imagine finding the source for an "ancient proverb" is basically impossible, so I guess we'll never really know.
I did find the German phrase from the 12th century, though, so I guess that's neat.
The nice thing about Iranic proverbs is that they carved this stuff in stone and had a surprisingly continuous language, so it's a lot less cryptic to interpret phrases from like the 10th or 9th century. They're also close enough to Greece that the Greeks probably had a similar and well-preserved saying. One of my favorite things about Irish deities and myth, aside from the cycles of conquest by foreign powers who become valid natives, is how nebulous the myths are

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You’ll be happy to learn that it’s my default SDN pic lol
there's another forum I post on for a video game and someone has a profile picture that is almost exactly the same as yours. I saw it and thought "Mel??" and felt like I was on SDN for a second lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
there's another forum I post on for a video game and someone has a profile picture that is almost exactly the same as yours. I saw it and thought "Mel??" and felt like I was on SDN for a second lol
I apologize to that person for whatever trauma I caused you to transfer onto them.