Starting to panic about IIs…help me expand my school list? / WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrc523

Reaction score
Female ORM, NY resident, CUNY undergrad + grad, 3.84 uGPA, 3.70 sGPA, MPH GPA 3.98, MCAT 508, Casper 4th quartile, Preview 5

354 hours non-clinical volunteering (mentoring + covid vaccination appointment booking)

105 clinical volunteering (ER)

1103 paid clinical (med office receptionist & assistant)

532 research (neuroscience, across 2 labs, no pubs)

one publication as a student author in a medical ethics blog

currently working in public health research and as a mental health tech

interest in primary care and women's health

-------

Current list is as follows:

LECOM

Nova DO

NYITCOM Long Island

RowanSOM

OU-HCOM

Campbell

UNECOM

TouroCOM Harlem

Buffalo

Upstate

Downstate

Stony Brook

NYMC

Albert Einstein

Hofstra

Wake Forest

Albany

Penn State

Geisinger

Drexel

Vermont

Cooper Rowan

Tufts

Quinnipiac

Tulane

NEOMed

Hackensack Meridian

Temple

Rutgers NJMS

-------

Thank you all so much in advance for the help

Edit: title

Members don't see this ad.

The New Jersey schools are donations. It's only early August, and Patience is a virtue.
The need for instant gratification Is not.

Not picking on you, OP, but SDNers are advised do not think that they're God's gift to Medicine, and should not be sitting around wondering "where are all my interviews???"

Reactions: 1 user
The New Jersey schools are donations. It's only early August, and Patience is a virtue.
The need for instant gratification Is not.

Not picking on you, OP, but SDNers are advised do not think that they're God's gift to Medicine, and should not be sitting around wondering "where are all my interviews???"
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I know I’m far from better than my peers. It’s just freaking me out to see all the posts about IIs I guess

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing you are thinking about doing. My advice is to resist the urge.

The IIs will come. It is very extremely early. Expanding your list beyond the one you spent months compiling is highly unlikely to change your outcomes.

You have a balanced mix of geographically appropriate MDs and DOs. (I humbly disagree about NJ schools being donations for NY residents.) Please don't freak out because you are seeing early IIs on SDN or reddit.

I had a reasonable amount of IIs, and did not have ANY until mid-August, with the majority coming between mid-September and mid-January. You should definitely get some bites from some of the schools on your list.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I know I’m far from better than my peers. It’s just freaking me out to see all the posts about IIs I guess
Getting off of SDN for awhile might help.

The people getting interview offers right now Are people who are not the run of the mill Applicant. Maybe they may be people who fit the school's mission, superstars, veterans, under represented minorities, legacy's,

Definitely don't pick up the habit of following threads too closely to see how many people are getting interviews when (picked up that bad habit and I'm still on here after getting accepted haha). Best advice: from my experience, I received interviews and then acceptances when I expected them the least. Relax a little! The process will extend well into late spring/early summer next year friend.

Getting off of SDN for awhile might help.

The people getting interview offers right now Are people who are not the run of the mill Applicant. Maybe they may be people who fit the school's mission, superstars, veterans, under represented minorities, legacy's,
that makes sense, thank you for your perspective.

I did the same thing you are thinking about doing. My advice is to resist the urge.

The IIs will come. It is very extremely early. Expanding your list beyond the one you spent months compiling is highly unlikely to change your outcomes.

You have a balanced mix of geographically appropriate MDs and DOs. (I humbly disagree about NJ schools being donations for NY residents.) Please don't freak out because you are seeing early IIs on SDN or reddit.

I had a reasonable amount of IIs, and did not have ANY until mid-August, with the majority coming between mid-September and mid-January. You should definitely get some bites from some of the schools on your list.
This is really encouraging, thank you for your input!

Every one is different. Every school/admissions committee. Every applicant. Every application. This is a marathon but everyone doesn't start at the same time.
Thank you very much for the encouragement

Definitely don't pick up the habit of following threads too closely to see how many people are getting interviews when (picked up that bad habit and I'm still on here after getting accepted haha). Best advice: from my experience, I received interviews and then acceptances when I expected them the least. Relax a little! The process will extend well into late spring/early summer next year friend.
I have notifications turned on for some of them and I’m definitely thinking I should turn them off at this point. It’s making me too neurotic. I appreciate your advice and encouragement, thank you!

• Care