Step 2 CS January 2020 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RHL ONE

CLASS OF 2020!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on January 29th 2020? 7.5 weeks is a long time especially when you made dumb mistakes on the exam and you begin doubting if you truly passed or not. This wait is a killer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt the NBME “patched” it they probably also have no idea why it didn’t work last month. They couldn’t care less, as long as u pay the $$$$$.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding resubmitting scores - this Radiology PD says they don’t recheck CS after interview and doubts others do...also seen many reports of matching (AMG) without passing CS even in IM. But still probably safer to resubmit(?). Thinking too much into it. I hope I passed....

I cant focus on anything, skipped clinicals today, just posting nonsense (sorry), haven’t felt this horrible in A long time...

Reactions: 1 user
Regarding resubmitting scores - this Radiology PD says they don’t recheck CS after interview and doubts others do...also seen many reports of matching (AMG) without passing CS even in IM. But still probably safer to resubmit(?). Thinking too much into it. I hope I passed....

Pretty sure you can’t certify your rank list without passing CS. It’s one of the requirements I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Pretty sure you can’t certify your rank list without passing CS. It’s one of the requirements I believe.

You can definitely certify your rank list without CS as mine has been certified since it opened. Verifying it is a different thing as that is dependent on your school. So if your haven’t passed CS your school may not verify you as it may be a graduation requirement.

I saw another thread about this. If you are an IMG you need to have passed CS before the rank list deadline because you need it for ECFMG certification. If you are not ECFMG certified by then you get withdrawn from the match. AMGs don't have this issue because they don't need ECFMG certification and thus can match without a passing CS score.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw another thread about this. If you are an IMG you need to have passed CS before the rank list deadline because you need it for ECFMG certification. If you are not ECFMG certified by then you get withdrawn from the match. AMGs don't have this issue because they don't need ECFMG certification and thus can match without a passing CS score.

Didn’t know this, hope it’s a moot point for me but regardless hope it’s true.

Not gonna lie, been dreading this release. I think my opinion on my performance in the exam has gotten worse daily.

I don't think. I KNOW my opinion of my performance on this exam has gotten worse daily. I can just not stop going over everything I did wrong that day. To make matters worse, the person I practiced with ended up failing and having to retake it. I'm now legit terrified of what it will mean for my chances of matching and graduating this year if I don't pass. I was convinced I'd failed Step 1 and Step 2 CK (I passed them), but this is a whole other level. Plus I was nearly always in the bottom 5% on my school's OSCEs, even though I somehow miraculously passed my school's mock CS.

I don't think. I KNOW my opinion of my performance on this exam has gotten worse daily. I can just not stop going over everything I did wrong that day. To make matters worse, the person I practiced with ended up failing and having to retake it. I'm now legit terrified of what it will mean for my chances of matching and graduating this year if I don't pass. I was convinced I'd failed Step 1 and Step 2 CK (I passed them), but this is a whole other level. Plus I was nearly always in the bottom 5% on my school's OSCEs, even though I somehow miraculously passed my school's mock CS.

Lol my school OSCE score report actually said fail on it but nobody ever contacted me and it’s a “P” on my transcript haha.

They failed me for communication stuff which I passed comfortably on first CS. Passed comfortably on clinicals, failed ICE. Both total BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMG. Holy **** I'm crying. I wasn't gonna check cause I was worried if I failed I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I had so much riding on this exam. My school only allows 3 attempts at CS and its a graduation requirement. If I had failed and then been down to the last attempt to pass or forfeit my entire degree, a passing step 1 and ck, and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Reactions: 4 users
IMG. Holy **** I'm crying. I wasn't gonna check cause I was worried if I failed I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I had so much riding on this exam. My school only allows 3 attempts at CS and its a graduation requirement. If I had failed and then been down to the last attempt to pass or forfeit my entire degree, a passing step 1 and ck, and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Good for you my friend congratulations

So FCVS is a 100% accurate right?? Mine says pass but I was so sure I blew it it seems too good to be true

Reactions: 1 user
Guys honestly I made so many mistakes, I started top down on my note for this attempt and so my supporting evidence and investigations were really rushed. Barely had any work up. Bare bones physical exams. I walked out of there shook and somehow passed according to FCVS. Have hope you guys!!. I have never been so stressed. For almost 2 months I couldn't do anything else but think about this test. I never felt like this after step 1 or CK where I walked out feeling fine.

To AMG's: Did you "Print Permit" disappear on the NBME website? And is this a sure sign that scores are coming out this week? If my "Print Permit" hasn't disappeared, does this mean I'll have to wait until next week?

To AMG's: Did you "Print Permit" disappear on the NBME website? And is this a sure sign that scores are coming out this week?
Mine has. For Step 1 and Step 2 CK, my scores came out the Wednesday after it happened. And people's stories from prior CS threads also indicate that this is the case.

IMG....passed
FCVS trick worked for me. 1:01 am . Completely shocked at all the mistakes I made and still managed to pass. Congratulations to everyone in the same boat as me.

Reactions: 4 users
IMG here. trick worked. i passed! it's 10:30pm LA time here. i'm going to get drunk now, boys! best of luck!! *wishing everyone passed!!*

Reactions: 1 users