Submitting AADSAS Dental School App Without LORs Received?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ekoorbnadroj

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I'm applying to dental school this cycle and my application is almost done - personal statement, official DAT/transcripts, and individual applications are all set! However, I'm still waiting on my LORs to be received. I told my professors/dentists that are writing it to (hopefully) have it done by the end of June. My question is: should I submit my application now if I want to get it in as early as possible, even though the letters haven't been received yet? Or should I wait until all of the letters have come in before I submit? I've tried looking online for this answer but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Thanks so much!
 
Hey everyone!

I'm applying to dental school this cycle and my application is almost done - personal statement, official DAT/transcripts, and individual applications are all set! However, I'm still waiting on my LORs to be received. I told my professors/dentists that are writing it to (hopefully) have it done by the end of June. My question is: should I submit my application now if I want to get it in as early as possible, even though the letters haven't been received yet? Or should I wait until all of the letters have come in before I submit? I've tried looking online for this answer but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Thanks so much!
To my understanding, dental schools won't look at your application until it is verified completely, meaning your entire application is done including the LORs. I applied this cycle and received emails from schools that they wouldn't even look at my application without first making the supplemental essay payments. If I were you, I would finish up the application and submit it without the LOR's so that once the LOR's come in, it gets sent to the school right away. Good luck!!