Sierra_mountains11
WSU c/o 2025
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!! 🙂 yay we'll be classmates!!20, Female, Nevada,Traditional, First Time Applicant
Applied: Western, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Purdue, Midwestern, U of Arizona, U of Florida, LMU, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia-Maryland
Interview Invites: LMU, Washington, Colorado (accepted-no interviews this cycle), Virginia-Maryland (waitlisted-no interviews this cycle), Midwestern (withdrew application), Western (withdrew application)
Accepted: Colorado and Washington (haven’t heard from LMU)
Attending: Washington State University at the Logan, UT campus (Logan was my Preference!)
Overall GPA: 3.61
Science Prerequisite GPA: 3.46
Last 45 GPA: 3.69
GRE (Q/V/W): 154 (51%) / 149 (40%) / 3.5 (38%)
Degree(s): BS in Veterinary Science (May 2021)
Veterinary Experience:
Mixed Animal Veterinary Assistant- 802 hours
Equine Hospital Shadowing- 24 hours
Animal Experience:
Ranch/ Farm Work- 1,096 hours
Kennel Technician- 300 hours
4-H- 100 hours
Research:
Undergrad Animal Nutrition Research Assistant- 30 hours
Extracurriculars/Awards:
- Collegiate Young Farmers & Ranchers- 200 (treasurer 1 year, VP 1 year)
- Pre-Vet Club- 52 hours
- National Honor Society (HS)- 100 hours (President 1 year)
- HS Track and Field- 720 hours
- HS Basketball- 720 hours
- HS Library Club- 376 hours (President 2 years)
Non-Animal Employment:
- I was always told to include all experiences from High School on!
- Basketball Official for High School Sports- 36 hours
- Highway Construction (NDOT)- 546 hours
- Preschool Teacher Aid- 130 hours
Volunteer:
HS Booster Club- 50 hours
LORs:
2 Veterinarians (Small and Mixed Practice Vets)
1 Undergrad Veterinary Medicine Professor
1 Employer (Nevada Department of Transportation Supervisor)
Essay Questions/Personal Statement:
Most of the schools asked for supplemental essay questions and since I applied to so many schools I don’t remember all of them. I had several essays asking what I would contribute to their programs, the importance of diversity, and what makes a good veterinarian! Sorry I can’t remember more specific examples.
For personal statement:
I wrote about the importance of rural mixed animal veterinary care. I grew up in a rural area where the closes veterinarian was 1.5 hours away by car. I saw many animals suffer, both large and small. I have a strong desire to practice in rural shortage areas, serving small animals and livestock. I also shared experiences of growing up on a cattle ranch and being able to interact with animals from a young age.


