Successful Applicants Stats - Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ross, Kansas State, Lincoln Memorial, U Penn, Ohio State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Purdue, Washington State (just canceled them all)

Congratulations!

If they give away your interviews to other applicants, you have made so many people's day today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I cannot believe I get to post here!! I got all flat out rejections last cycle and was super discouraged... never give up!

22 yr old female, NY resident, 2nd time applicant

Applied:
Cornell, Minnesota, Illinois, Mizzou, Colorado, Purdue, VAMD, LMU, St. George's
Interview Invites: LMU, St. George's, Minnesota (canceled)
Waiting to hear: Illinois, LMU (withdrew application from both)
Rejections (lol I know these too well): Mizzou, Colorado, Purdue, VAMD
Accepted: Cornell, St. George's
Attending: CORNELL :love:

Overall GPA: 3.42
Science GPA: 3.44
Last 45 GPA: 3.80

GRE (Q/V/W): 158 /159 /5.0

Degree:
BS in Animal Science, minor in business from Cornell

Veterinary Experience
Small animal veterinary assistant @AAHA accredited hospital: 1500 hours at time of app, but have been working full time since then
Volunteer at equine veterinary hospital: 200 hours
Veterinary assistant at mixed animal practice: 180 hours
Dairy cattle herd health class taught by a DVM (did blood draws, urine sampling, physical exams, etc): 40 hours

Animal Experience
Lifelong equestrian/barn worker/groom/therapeutic riding volunteer/etc: A LOT (can't remember how many I listed on the app haha but thousands)
Volunteer at wildlife rehabilitation facility: 56 hours
Domestic animal bio class (handled pigs, sheep, chicken, etc): 30 hours

Research
Primate behavior research (compared behavior of gelada baboons in the Bronx Zoo with their behavior in the wild): about 100 hours

Extracurriculars/Awards
Varsity athlete on the equestrian team, had leadership position for junior and senior year
Teaching assistant for two animal science classes
Sorority member
Pre-Vet Society
Dean's List for 4 semesters
Various academic awards from high school
Various horseback riding awards

Non-Animal Employment
Office assistant at a medical office
Student caller for the Cornell Annual Fund
Librarian assistant at my town's library

LORs
SA Vet that I work full time for now, Cornell grad, has been my mentor for years
Mixed animal vet I worked for during my senior year of undergrad
My pre-vet advisor, she taught two classes that I took and I was her TA for one class
My equestrian coach

Essays
Tried to be as original as possible for being a traditional applicant, just drew upon experiences in my life that have contributed to qualities that would make me a good vet; talked about my inspiration for wanting to be a mixed animal vet; etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
Congratulations!

If they give away your interviews to other applicants, you have made so many people's day today!

Hehe I really hope so :biglove:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Question (that is probably silly): if you aren't ready to accept an offer, is it customary to respond at all to let them know where you are? For example: I am so honored to have been given an offer, I am not ready to accept, but I will make a decision soon after I have received word from other schools, etc?) I have an acceptance I am really excited about, but I still have an upcoming interview. Do I respond now before I am ready to firm their offer? I feel like it would be polite, but I also don't want to unnecessarily add to the emails they have to wade through at admissions...

Question (that is probably silly): if you aren't ready to accept an offer, is it customary to respond at all to let them know where you are? For example: I am so honored to have been given an offer, I am not ready to accept, but I will make a decision soon after I have received word from other schools, etc?) I have an acceptance I am really excited about, but I still have an upcoming interview. Do I respond now before I am ready to firm their offer? I feel like it would be polite, but I also don't want to unnecessarily add to the emails they have to wade through at admissions...
In my experience/opinion you don't need to reply until you have made a final decision. All of the schools have an agreed upon date by which you must respond to any offers and they recognize and understand that many students apply to multiple schools and may not respond to an offer until they hear back from all of the schools to which they applied. I waited a full 3.5-4 months before replying to some of the schools I had applied to a few years ago and it's wasn't a big deal or something that they were upset about or anything. They recognize that you will have big decisions to make in the next few months. I promise they won't be hurt about not hearing from you until you've decided what you'd like to do, and they certainly won't think you're rude or unprofessional to do so.

I will add, however, that if you are in the process of making a decision emailing schools can be helpful - asking them for more information about certain aspects of their program, school, local area, etc in order to help you make you choices is totally fine. Almost every school would be more than happy to email you information or have you speak with someone in order to help you learn more about them and encourage you to attend their school.

In my experience/opinion you don't need to reply until you have made a final decision. All of the schools have an agreed upon date by which you must respond to any offers and they recognize and understand that many students apply to multiple schools and may not respond to an offer until they hear back from all of the schools to which they applied. I waited a full 3.5-4 months before replying to some of the schools I had applied to a few years ago and it's wasn't a big deal or something that they were upset about or anything. They recognize that you will have big decisions to make in the next few months. I promise they won't be hurt about not hearing from you until you've decided what you'd like to do, and they certainly won't think you're rude or unprofessional to do so.

I will add, however, that if you are in the process of making a decision emailing schools can be helpful - asking them for more information about certain aspects of their program, school, local area, etc in order to help you make you choices is totally fine. Almost every school would be more than happy to email you information or have you speak with someone in order to help you learn more about them and encourage you to attend their school.

Thank you!!! I think I probably knew the answer to that one, I am just always paranoid about being rude for some reason... I will definitely ask some follow up questions about the program once I have a better idea which schools I have to choose between, though.

Reactions: 1 user
25 yr old female, MD Resident, First-time applicant

Applied: LMU, VMCVM, MSU, Glascow, UPenn, UGA
Offered Interview: LMU, VMCVM, MSU (declined), Glascow (declined)
Accepted: UGA :clap:
Waiting to Hear: UPenn, LMU
Rejections: None so far... eek!
Attending: TBD, will await decision after VMCVM interview 1/13

Overall VMCAS GPA: 3.74
Science GPA: 3.77
Last 45 GPA: 3.73

GRE (Q/V/W): 150(38%)/150(48%)/4.0(60%) *Terrible at standardized testing :(, but I guess it isn't a deal breaker!!

Degree: BS Biology

Veterinary Experience:
1) SA clinic veterinary technician (1,650 hrs)
2) Laboratory Animal clinical technician (1,390 hrs)

Animal Experience:
1) Laboratory Animal Caretaker (640 hrs)
2) Wildlife Rehabiltation Intern (120 hrs)
3) Dairy Farm Milking Aid - (120 hrs)
3) Humane Society Volunteer - 1 shift/wk during a summer (36 hrs)
4) Therapeutic Riding Stable - Equine Volunteer/walking aid - 1 shift/wk during a summer (36 hrs)

Research Experience:
1) Laboratory animal research assistant at University of Maryland School of Medicine for past 2 years - perform various technical services for investigators/research projects. Primary Projects- testing novel biologic drug therapies for Spinal Muscular Atrophy using a transgenic mouse model and efficacy of a live-attenuated Salmonella typhimurium vaccine using a macaque model (2,090 hrs)

Employment: (non-animal)
1) Laboratory Assistant/TA - part-time all 4 years during college (800 hrs)
2) Lifeguard - 2 summers (1120 hrs)
3) Hostess/cashier part time (720 hrs)

Extracurriculars:
1) Club Field Hockey: Offensive player and executive board member - cofounder/treasurer/vice president
2) Relay for Life Committee Member: Public Relations and Advocacy subcomittee chairs
3) Alpha Omicron Pi: Collegiate Sorority Member - Activities Chair and Philanthropy Committee leader
4) Bowling League: Member and Team Captain
5) Future Animal Professionals Club Member
6) Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) member

Non-animal volunteering:
1) AFCEA (Armed forces communications and electronics association) - help with events that raise funds to support STEM scholarship programs

Awards/Honors:
1) Cum Laude
2) Phi Beta Kappa
3) Omicron Delta Kappa - Leadership Honor Society
4) Cater Society of Junior Fellows
5) Order of Omega - Greek Leadership Honor Society
6) Beta Beta Beta- Biology Honor Society

eLORS:
1) SA veterinarian
2) Academic - Science professor
3) Current Employer - Director/Chief Veterinarian of Comparative Medicine/Veterinary Resources
4) Pre-veterinary comittee composite letter

Personal Statement:
N/A - 3 question prompts
However did write an explanation statement to discuss gaps in coursework. I had to take off two non-consecutive semesters as I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at the end of my first semester of college, so talked about how I've overcome obstacles associated with chronic illness and remained determined to succeed academically, just graduating a little later than anticipated.

28yr old female, first time applicant. CO resident

**I'll be honest, I did NOT expect ANY acceptances this year- I was hoping to be able to do an application review, retake some prereqs, and reapply next year with an improved application. You guys, my GPA is LOW... my overall GPA from just my undergraduate degree was a 2.7 (YIKES). My undergraduate advisor told me that I would never go to vet School, and that I should come up with a new life plan. I mean, it's not like she was wrong to tell me that- I FAILED organic chemistry, took it again, and got a C. I think I got a C in Biochem also- honestly, I tried to block it all from my memory long ago, and I feel like reading over all my transcripts again to enter them in VMCAS may have given me some kind of school-anxiety-PTSD. I wanted to post my stats to give those with a less than stellar academic history hope- Never give up! If you really set your mind to it you can make it happen.

Applied:
RVC, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ross.
Interview Invites: RVC, Glasgow
Waiting to hear: Still haven't heard anything from Ross...
Accepted: RVC!!! (received the email 12/21, best Christmas present ever!)
Rejected: Edinburgh :( (GPA significantly lower than the cut off...)
Attending: TBD, Interview scheduled for Glasgow 1/16- fingers crossed!

Overall GPA: 3.24
Science GPA: 3.20
Last 45 GPA: Not really sure how to calculate this... but my post-bac GPA calculated by VMCAS was 3.89
GRE (Q/V/W): 153 (51%) /160 (86%) / 4 (61%)

Degree:
BS Animal Science, Minor in Bio (2011), AAS Veterinary Technology (2015)

Veterinary Experience
Both full and part time Certified Veterinary Technician at Small Animal Practice: Rotating between appointments, Sx, and Front Desk (2500 hours)
Veterinary Technician intern at Mixed animal practice (dogs, cats, horses, goats, cows) (252 hours)
Full Time Diagnostic Laboratory Technician at The Cornell AHDC, Virology Section (4000 hrs)
Laboratory Assistant (aka Lab Bitch, ha ha) at the AHDC at Cornell during Undergraduate (I autoclaved all the things) (2880 hours)

Animal Experience

Summer Barn Manager for Horse Camp in High school/ College: (1200 hours)
Varsity Equestrian Team member (1104 hours)
Various animal handling for animal science courses (sheep, dairy cattle, goats, etc)
Various animal handling for Vet tech courses (again, sheep, goats, cattle, but also cats, dogs, bunnies, rats, snakes, etc)
Wildlife Rehab- both for a class, and assisting with anesthesia for bears at rehab center later on.
Seabird census in Maine: Worked with Terns and Black-backed gulls (who are JERKS, by the way... one stole my hat)

Research
None- I did work in a lab, but I did not work directly on any research projects.
Although, now that I think about it, my work with seabirds was technically research , but my name certainly wasn't on the paper, ha ha.

Extracurriculars/Awards
High School Valedictorian
Founded Girls Service League in High School (High school was a long time ago, but too bad! I have no shame)
Pre-Orientation Service Trip
Alternative Spring Break Service trips
Undergraduate Scholarship: Awarded to students "committed to Scholarship and Service"
NCAA Athlete (Equestrian team still counts! After all, we are the reason that the sprint football team can exist. Thanks, Title IX!)
Reserve Champion at IHSA Ivies
Deans list for Vet Tech Program
Lucky Day Animal Rescue Fundraiser

Non-Animal Employment
Worked for 5ish years in Retail- 3 as a sales associate, 2 as a manager.
Restaurant Hostess in NY

LORs
Small Animal Vet, Owner of Practice where I work as a Vet Nurse, with whom I have worked closely for 2 years.
Mixed Animal Vet/Director of Veterinary Technology Program I attended, was also one of my professors
Mixed Animal Vet/Anatomy professor at my Vet Tech Program
Store Director at J.Crew, where I work as a retail manager.

Essay Questions/Personal Statement
These were not at all what I was expecting this year- funny story, I actually thought at first that the limit for each was listed in words, and was rudely made aware it was actually listed in characters by the VMCAS site when I tried to copy and paste my answers in... I talked a bit about the importance of the diversity of veterinary medicine, and honestly answered the questions, but I don't know that I said anything particularly enlightening or profound...

Reactions: 8 users
28 yr old, Male, Florida Resident, first time applicant, non-traditional
Applied:
UF, Minnesota, Michigan St, VMCVM, LSU, Midwestern, K-State, Iowa St, Wash St, UPenn
Interview Invites: UF, Minnesota, Michigan St, Midwestern, K-State (declined interview), Wash St (declined interview)
Rejected: UPenn, UF, VMCVM
Waiting to hear: LSU (OOS Alternate), Minnesota (interviewed on February 17th)
Accepted: Midwestern, Iowa State, Michigan State
Attending: TBD, (waiting for decision at Minnesota)

Degree: B.S. in Finance at Florida Gulf Coast University
Cumulative GPA: 2.92 (goes to show you there is hope for low GPA Applicants)
Last 45 GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.92

GRE: 150V/153Q/4.0W

Veterinary Experience (5221 hours)
- 486 hours working as a veterinary technician at a general practice clinic (saw exotics/avian as well)
- 2040 hours working as a receptionist at a small animal specialty and 24 hour ER hospital
- 2580 hours working as a veterinary technician assistant at a small animal specialty and 24 hour ER hospital
- 150 hours shadowing/helping an equine veterinarian at an ambulatory equine practice
- 15 hours volunteering at a wildlife hospital at a conservancy

Animal Experience (155 hours)
- 15 hours in a zoo commissary (volunteer)
- 20 hours with a parrot rescue (volunteer)
- 20 hours at a dog show (volunteer)

Leadership/extracurricular:
- 2 years of a historian of a medical club (founding officer)
- 2 years of Pre-Vet Society (general member)
- 2 years of volunteering during the summer for a CEO academy for high school students (40 hours)
- 30 hours volunteering for drug free collier (local drug prevention organization)

Work Experience
- 550 hours as a line cook (local restaurant)
- 836 hours as a line/prep cook (retirement community)
- 5920 hours as a front end supervisor/fax-n-pull associate (Sams Club)
- 600 hours as a dietary server (retirement community)
- 6880 hours as a bank teller (Regions Bank)
- 2120 hours as a licensed financial professional associate (Prudential Financial)
- 600 hours as a personal banker (Comerica Bank)

Honors/Awards:
- 4 x scholarship recipient
- Presidents list (2 Semesters)
- Summer Sales contest winner (Prudential)

Letters of Recommendation:
- Owner/ Board Certified Surgeon at Specialty/ER hospital
- Small Animal veterinarian from Specialty/ER hospital
- Veterinarian from a veterinary practice consulting company
- Equine Veterinarian
- Calculus Professor from FGCU
- Director of the Institute for Entrepreneurship/Professor at FGCU

Last edited:
Degree: B.S. in Finance at Florida Gulf Coast University
Really exciting to see a fellow FGCU graduate going to vet school. I’ve been accepted to Midwestern too (and interviewing at UF)!

Waiting to hear: Illinois (will cancel interview if I get one)
Obviously not saying you have to, but if you are going to cancel an interview if you get one, you may want to just contact Illinois now and let them know that you’re withdrawing your application since you got into and are attending your in state.

Obviously not saying you have to, but if you are going to cancel an interview if you get one, you may want to just contact Illinois now and let them know that you’re withdrawing your application since you got into and are attending your in state.
Yes actually after posting this I ended up contacting them, so maybe it could give someone else a better chance at getting an interview :) I'll edit my post now! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
24 yr old female, California resident, 2nd time applicant
Applied:
Colorado, Cornell, Michigan, Midwestern, Oregon, Washington, UC Davis, Missouri, Sydney, and Ross
Interview Invites: Midwestern, Washington, Missouri (declined), Ross (declined)
Waiting to hear: Michigan, Cornell
Accepted: Midwestern, Sydney (declined)
Attending: TBD! One more school to hear back from!

Overall GPA: 3.53
Science GPA: 3.3
Last 45 GPA: 3.3

GRE (Q/V/W)—I’m terrible with standardized tests: 151 /154 /4
Degree: BS Animal Science

Veterinary Experience
Mare and Foal Manager- 6 months (~100 hours)
Veterinary assistant – 1 year (500+ hours)
Small/exotic animal vet shadowing - (~70 hours)

Animal Experience
Mare and Foal Manager- 6 months (~624 hours)
Canine Companion- 3 years (300+ hours)
Horse rider/owner- (900+ hours)

Research
None!

Extracurriculars
Horseback riding
Weightlifting
Hiking
Snowboarding
Dancing (high school)
Reading
Mountain biking

Awards
Gail and Ruth Oliver Scholarship
Highest Honors
President’s Permanent Honor Roll
Phi Theta Kappa Lifetime Member
Employee of the Month

Non-Animal Employment
Lifeguard – 1.5 years (2,500 hours)
Multiple retail jobs – (2,000 hours)
Teacher’s aide – high school (160 hours)
Tutor – high school (~64 hours)

LORs
Small animal vet
Equine vet/professor
Professor of animal science
PhD candidate teaching assistant

I applied to a lot of schools so I had eleven pages of personal statements and essays to write. I pulled a lot of examples from my personal experiences (and not just animal-related ones). Looking over these questions helped prepare me for interviews and also practiced with my boyfriend.

Reactions: 9 users
Are people not putting where they are waitlisted and rejected this year? I thought they did in previous years.

Reactions: 2 users
Are people not putting where they are waitlisted and rejected this year? I thought they did in previous years.
That's a great point ziggy! I think a lot of people who posted earlier maybe hadn't heard back from all schools at the time (?), and people are still waiting to hear, so hopefully they can edit their posts when they find out decisions. But I certainly respect their choice not to. I will say, however, that looking at some of the more recent posts, people have indicated rejections.

BUT...in honor of being a first-time flunkie, I'd like to use this post to show my stats from last year!

Applied: Illinois, Washington State, Missouri
Interviewed: Washington State, Illinois
Waitlisted: Washington State, Illinois
RE-JECTED: Missouri (rejected via email...on a Saturday night! Mizzou savage AF!!)
Accepted: no where :(

Overall GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.98

I think I had like 400ish hours of vet experience (all SA) and 100 hours volunteering at a dog/cat shelter and 100 hours volunteering at a wildlife rehab. My GRE was the same and still sucked.

Last edited:
I’m still waiting on two more schools but my list of rejection is long :laugh:

That's a great point ziggy! I think a lot of people who posted earlier maybe hadn't heard back from all schools at the time (?), and people are still waiting to hear, so hopefully they can edit their posts when they find out decisions. But I certainly respect their choice not to. I will say, however, that looking at some of the more recent posts, people have indicated rejections.

BUT...in honor of being a first-time flunkie, I'd like to use this post to show my stats from last year!

Applied: Illinois, Washington State, Missouri
Interviewed: Washington State, Illinois
Waitlisted: Washington State, Illinois
RE-JECTED: Missouri (rejected via email...on a Saturday night! Mizzou savage AF!!)
Accepted: no where :(

Science GPA: 3.98

I think I had like 400ish hours of vet experience (all SA) and 100 hours volunteering at a dog/cat shelter and 100 hours volunteering at a wildlife rehab. My GRE was the same and still sucked.
May I say it blows my mind you weren't accepted with GPA stats like that!!!

I included rejections on mine, I hope earlier posters will edit theirs as I think it’s helpful for future applicants to see rejections as well!

May I say it blows my mind you weren't accepted with GPA stats like that!!!
Thank you! You're awesome!! Honestly, I didn't have anywhere near the experience you have, that combined with crappy GRE scores and a very nervous interview sealed my fate. But I am so happy that we got Illinois interview invites today!

22 yr old female, Michigan resident, 2nd time applicant (1st time to all but 2 of the schools -Purdue and Cornell)

Applied:Illinois, Kansas State, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa State, Mizzou, Georgia, VAMD, LMU, Cornell
Interview Invites: Michigan State, Lincoln Memorial; Interview waitlist at VAMD
Waiting to hear: Iowa, K-State, Georgia
Accepted: Michigan State
Attending: TBD

Overall GPA: 3.17
Science GPA: 3.16
Last 45 GPA: 3.45

GRE (Q/V/W)-- 154 /151 /4

Degree:
BS Animal Science (May 2017)
BS Biology and Bioethics Minor (May 2018- probably won't complete)

Animal Experience
Swine Farm Hand- 45 hrs
Dairy Study Abroad- 140 hrs
Nutrition Project- 45 hrs
Food Animal Farm Management Shadow - 70hrs
Horse Breeding Farm Hand- 300 hrs (before undergrad)
Breeding Kennel Assistant- 2600 hrs (before undergrad)

Veterinary Experience
Small Animal (Day-Practice) Shadow- 250 hrs
Small Animal ER - 2000+ hrs
Small Animal Reproduction- 100 hrs (before undergrad)
Equine Shadow- 20hrs
LA Food Animal Shadow- 12hr
Small Animal Day-Practice Employee- 180hrs

Research
2 Swine Projects - 1200 hrs
1 Dairy Project- 200 hrs

Extracurriculars
PVMA Vice President- 250 hrs
Vizsla Club Board Director- 260 hrs
Vizsla Club Field Trial Secretary- 360 hrs
PVMA Social Co-Chair- 180hrs
Hall Gov. PR Chair- 180
Student Mentor - 228 (before undergrad)
Captain - 1280 (before undergrad)

Awards/Honors
Deans list -2 semesters
Rod and Gun Club Scholarship
AKC Jr Showman Scholarship
High School Honors
High School Awards
Varsity and Academic Letters (HS)

Non-Animal Employment
Teaching Assistant- 75hr
Sterilization Tech- 816hr
Officer Administrator- 280 (before undergrad)

Volunteer
Animal Rescue PR
Humane Society
Coaching

LORs
Small Animal Vet- shadowed for 4 years
Small Animal ER Vet- Worked with for 1 year
Small Animal ER Vet- Worked with for 2 years
Animal science professor/ Research PI/Study Abroad Coordinator

Gave a 20 year view, 10 year view and end goal
Talked about how I wanted to be the go to vet in my community
Listed skills I thought the vets I really liked had, and which ones I had by examples.

I think what is really important is how you talk about your experiences; last year my application was short but this year I had more people look at it and critique what I wrote and I realized I wasn't giving the best descriptions for my experiences!
Let me know if you have any questions! I'd love to help!

For some reason I am unable to edit my original posts

Rejections: Illinois, Purdue, Mizzou, Georgia, VAMD, Cornell
Declined: LMU interview

Thank you! You're awesome!! Honestly, I didn't have anywhere near the experience you have, that combined with crappy GRE scores and a very nervous interview sealed my fate. But I am so happy that we got Illinois interview invites today!
I'm so happy too! :) Even though I'm tired of living in Illinois haha
And gotta give you props where deserved! My experience is the only thing keeping me afloat o_O

28yr old female, first time applicant. CO resident

**I'll be honest, I did NOT expect ANY acceptances this year- I was hoping to be able to do an application review, retake some prereqs, and reapply next year with an improved application. You guys, my GPA is LOW... my overall GPA from just my undergraduate degree was a 2.7 (YIKES). My undergraduate advisor told me that I would never go to vet School, and that I should come up with a new life plan. I mean, it's not like she was wrong to tell me that- I FAILED organic chemistry, took it again, and got a C. I think I got a C in Biochem also- honestly, I tried to block it all from my memory long ago, and I feel like reading over all my transcripts again to enter them in VMCAS may have given me some kind of school-anxiety-PTSD. I wanted to post my stats to give those with a less than stellar academic history hope- Never give up! If you really set your mind to it you can make it happen.

Applied:
RVC, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ross.
Interview Invites: RVC, Glasgow
Waiting to hear: Still haven't heard anything from Ross...
Accepted: RVC!!! (received the email 12/21, best Christmas present ever!)
Rejected: Edinburgh :( (GPA significantly lower than the cut off...)
Attending: TBD, Interview scheduled for Glasgow 1/16- fingers crossed!

Overall GPA: 3.24
Science GPA: 3.20
Last 45 GPA: Not really sure how to calculate this... but my post-bac GPA calculated by VMCAS was 3.89
GRE (Q/V/W): 153 (51%) /160 (86%) / 4 (61%)

Degree:
BS Animal Science, Minor in Bio (2011), AAS Veterinary Technology (2015)

Veterinary Experience
Both full and part time Certified Veterinary Technician at Small Animal Practice: Rotating between appointments, Sx, and Front Desk (2500 hours)
Veterinary Technician intern at Mixed animal practice (dogs, cats, horses, goats, cows) (252 hours)
Full Time Diagnostic Laboratory Technician at The Cornell AHDC, Virology Section (4000 hrs)
Laboratory Assistant (aka Lab Bitch, ha ha) at the AHDC at Cornell during Undergraduate (I autoclaved all the things) (2880 hours)

Animal Experience

Summer Barn Manager for Horse Camp in High school/ College: (1200 hours)
Varsity Equestrian Team member (1104 hours)
Various animal handling for animal science courses (sheep, dairy cattle, goats, etc)
Various animal handling for Vet tech courses (again, sheep, goats, cattle, but also cats, dogs, bunnies, rats, snakes, etc)
Wildlife Rehab- both for a class, and assisting with anesthesia for bears at rehab center later on.
Seabird census in Maine: Worked with Terns and Black-backed gulls (who are JERKS, by the way... one stole my hat)

Research
None- I did work in a lab, but I did not work directly on any research projects.
Although, now that I think about it, my work with seabirds was technically research , but my name certainly wasn't on the paper, ha ha.

Extracurriculars/Awards
High School Valedictorian
Founded Girls Service League in High School (High school was a long time ago, but too bad! I have no shame)
Pre-Orientation Service Trip
Alternative Spring Break Service trips
Undergraduate Scholarship: Awarded to students "committed to Scholarship and Service"
NCAA Athlete (Equestrian team still counts! After all, we are the reason that the sprint football team can exist. Thanks, Title IX!)
Reserve Champion at IHSA Ivies
Deans list for Vet Tech Program
Lucky Day Animal Rescue Fundraiser

Non-Animal Employment
Worked for 5ish years in Retail- 3 as a sales associate, 2 as a manager.
Restaurant Hostess in NY

LORs
Small Animal Vet, Owner of Practice where I work as a Vet Nurse, with whom I have worked closely for 2 years.
Mixed Animal Vet/Director of Veterinary Technology Program I attended, was also one of my professors
Mixed Animal Vet/Anatomy professor at my Vet Tech Program
Store Director at J.Crew, where I work as a retail manager.

These were not at all what I was expecting this year- funny story, I actually thought at first that the limit for each was listed in words, and was rudely made aware it was actually listed in characters by the VMCAS site when I tried to copy and paste my answers in... I talked a bit about the importance of the diversity of veterinary medicine, and honestly answered the questions, but I don't know that I said anything particularly enlightening or profound...
You give me hope! Could you private message me I have some questions?

First post on SDN, to everyone applying with a low grades, don't give up hope! Good GRE scores and experience helped me overcome a truly awful GPA.

24 yr old male, Colorado resident, 1st time applicant
Applied:
Colorado State, Midwestern, Oregon State, Washington State, UC Davis(why?), WesternU, LMU, Virginia-Maryland
Interview Invites: WesternU
Rejections: Colorado State, Oregon State, Washington State, UC Davis, VMC
Waiting to hear: Midwestern, LMU (essentially rejections at this point?)
Accepted: WesternU
Attending: WesternU!

Overall GPA: 2.92
Science GPA: 2.79 (chemistry killed me)
Last 45 GPA: ~2.9

GRE (Q/V/W)—: 164 /160 /4
Degree: BS Biological Science

Veterinary Experience

Mixed practice vet shadowing/volunteer ~ 100 hrs
Veterinary assistant at 2 SA clinics – 1000+ hrs
Lab technician at CSU vet teaching hospital- 1500 hrs

Animal Experience
Kennel attendant- 800 hrs
Animal shelter volunteer- 130 hrs

Research
Hard to quantify as my lab does research/clinical work but around 400 hrs
Last author on one submitted paper

Extracurriculars
Hiking
Skiing
Rock climbing

Non-Animal Employment
Restaurant employee (busser/server) ~2500 hrs

LORs
Small animal vet
Parasitologist/mentor
Lab coordinator

N/A

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
21 yr old female, Pennsylvania resident, 1st time applicant
Applied:
UC Davis, Colorado, U Florida, NC State, Penn, Ohio State, Cornell, Tufts
Interview Invites: UC Davis, U Florida (declined), Penn (declined), Ohio State (decline), Tufts (declined)
Accepted: UC Davis, NC State, Cornell
Attending: Probably Davis!

Science GPA: 3.89 I think?
Last 45 GPA: 3.95 (or so)

GRE (Q/V/W)—: 164 /163 /4.5
Degree: BA Biology and Environmental Studies

Veterinary Experience
Wildlife response - 630 hours
Large animal shadowing - 120 hours
Small animal at various clinics - 500 hours
Aquatic/aquarium - 20 hours

Animal Experience
Farm/horse caretaker - 2800 hrs
Shark/ray husbandry and training - 360 hrs
Zoo intern - 160 hrs
Aviary intern - 60 hrs
Shelter volunteer - 800
Petsitting

Research
Marine ecology research - 400 hrs
Forest ecology research - 300 hrs

Extracurriculars
Lots of music
Environmental organizations
Martial arts
Spoken word poetry

Non-Animal Employment
Tour guide - ~200 hrs
Lifeguarding
TA an Environmental Studies class

LORs
Small animal vet
Vet from wildlife response
Biology professor
Marine ecology research PI/professor

Mostly explaining my interest in vet medicine in the larger context of environmental work and what led me to an interest in pursuing wildlife medicine

Reactions: 10 users
21 yr old female, Pennsylvania resident, 1st time applicant
Applied:
UC Davis, Colorado, U Florida, NC State, Penn, Ohio State, Cornell, Tufts
Interview Invites: UC Davis, U Florida (declined), Penn (declined), Ohio State (decline), Tufts (declined)
Accepted: UC Davis, NC State, Cornell
Attending: Probably Davis!

Science GPA: 3.89 I think?
Last 45 GPA: 3.95 (or so)

GRE (Q/V/W)—: 164 /163 /4.5
Degree: BA Biology and Environmental Studies

Veterinary Experience
Wildlife response - 630 hours
Large animal shadowing - 120 hours
Small animal at various clinics - 500 hours
Aquatic/aquarium - 20 hours

Animal Experience
Farm/horse caretaker - 2800 hrs
Shark/ray husbandry and training - 360 hrs
Zoo intern - 160 hrs
Aviary intern - 60 hrs
Shelter volunteer - 800
Petsitting

Research
Marine ecology research - 400 hrs
Forest ecology research - 300 hrs

Extracurriculars
Lots of music
Environmental organizations
Martial arts
Spoken word poetry

Non-Animal Employment
Tour guide - ~200 hrs
Lifeguarding
TA an Environmental Studies class

LORs
Small animal vet
Vet from wildlife response
Biology professor
Marine ecology research PI/professor

Mostly explaining my interest in vet medicine in the larger context of environmental work and what led me to an interest in pursuing wildlife medicine

@echoing, just curious, did you go to NCSU's admitted students day last weekend? I was there and was pretty impressed with their zoo med opportunities :)

@echoing, just curious, did you go to NCSU's admitted students day last weekend? I was there and was pretty impressed with their zoo med opportunities :)
Yeah I was! Their opportunities in zoological medicine are definitely the selling point for me. But I'm still trying to decide between there and Davis

Yeah I was! Their opportunities in zoological medicine are definitely the selling point for me. But I'm still trying to decide between there and Davis
Do they have good zoo med too? Davis wouldn't accept the biochem class I took so I didn't apply there XD

Still can't believe I'm posting this!!

23 year old (will be 24 when entering), Female, California resident
Non traditional, First generation, Mexican, First time applicant

Applied: UC Davis, Cornell, Missouri, Western, and Ohio
Interviews: Western, Davis, Ohio (Declined)
Rejections: Cornell and Missouri
Accepted: Davis and Western
Attending: UC DAVIS!! :) :) :) WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

A.A. in Mathematics and Science 2015
Will graduate from UC Davis with a B.S. in Animal Science in 2018.

Cumulative GPA: 3.76 (When including both community college and university)
Science GPA: 3.71
Last 45 GPA: 3.60

GRE: Q: 150 V: 151 W: 4

Veterinary Experience (~2000 hrs)

- Over 2,000 hours working as a veterinary technician at a cat only hospital
- 20 hours assisting with blood draws for our in-house vet at the boarding facility I worked at
- 15 hours (and continuing) working with a LA vet

Animal Experience (~2300 hrs)

- 2,000 hours working as a cat groomer and caretaker at a boarding facility
- 60 hours working as a calf feeder
- ~150 hours (and continuing) working with Nigerian Dwarf goats
- 8 hours delivering pet food to elderly and ill for PAWS LA
- 40 hours at a shelter
- 100 hours at a cat sanctuary
- 30 hours pet sitting a geriatric dog with degenerative myelopathy

Research:
- 48 hours working on a pig trial study

Extracurricular:

- Participating and fundraising in Out of Darkness walks helping spread awareness in mental health and suicide
- Tap Dancing

Work Experience:

- ~240 hours as an English and ESL tutor for my community college learning center
- 2 years as a waitress, cashier, cheese monger at a French restaurant
- 2 years as a pretzel maker at Wetzels Pretzels

Honors and Awards:

- Five semesters on Dean's Honors List at community college
- Alpha Gamma Sigma Honors Society
- Graduated with high honors at community college
- One quarter Dean's Honors List UC Davis
- University Honors Program at UC Davis for 1 year
- Lots of Scholarships

LOR:

- Pharmacology and Toxicology Professor DVM/PhD - Also a professor at UC Davis Vet School
- DVM and Feline Specialist at Cat hospital I work at
- Owner of Nigerian Dwarf Goat farm

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I've had people I know ask me for stats, so I thought I'd add them here for everyone else. I applied to a boatload of schools because I didn't think I had a chance. I was wrong.

Never tell yourself no, let them tell you no.

22 yr old female, Maryland resident, 1st time applicant

Applied (15): Guelph-OVC, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana State, Massey, Midwestern, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi State, Royal, Sydney, Tennessee, Virginia-Maryland, Washington State, Wisconsin

Interview Invites(10): Guelph (12/17), Illinois (2/18), Kansas State (1/18), Massey (1/18), Midwestern (10/17), Minnesota (2/18), Missouri (1/18), Royal (11/17), Virginia (1/18)
Waiting to hear: everybody except lsu (waitlisted), Midwestern (waitlisted), Mississippi (rejected), and wsu (rejected)
Accepted: Kansas State, Sydney

Overall GPA: 3.67
Last 45 GPA: 3.63

GRE (Q/V/W): 160/153/4

Degree: BS Biology with a minor in Public Health (May 2017)

Veterinary Experience
Shadow at an emergency clinic: 100 hours
Shadow equine vet: 90 hours
Shadow primary care vet: 24 hours

Animal Experience
Animal rehabilitation intern: 280 hours

Research
Barn swallow behavior and parental care: 164 hours

Extracurriculars/Awards
Pre-veterinary Club - Secretary & founding member: 60 hours
Admission Student Recruiter w/ the Office of Admission- VP and President: 952 hours
South Asian Club - Social Media chair/Multicultural representative: 544 hours

Non-Animal Employment
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta - Front Desk & Activity Cart at Emory’s Children Centre: 27 hours
Currently working at an Avian and Exotics Clinic since October 2017, 32 hours a week. I have been able to mention that at interviews.

LORs
Professor of Psychology and Biology
Professor of Biology and Research Mentor
Emergency Veterinarian
Director of Diversity Programs at college
Equine Veterinarian

I want to ER work, work in a rural location, and keep my options open.
I want to make veterinary services accessible for people from different cultural and economic backgrounds.
Talked about my research and how much I value Empathy.

Reactions: 4 users
21 yr old female, PA resident, 1st time applicant

Applied:
Midwesten, LMU, Atlantic Veterinary College, RVC, Auburn, OSU, WSU, Georgia, Penn, VAMD
Interview Invites: Midwestern (declined), LMU (declined), AVC (declined), RVC (taken in November), WSU (declined), Penn (taken)
Waiting to hear: RVC, Georgia
Rejections: OSU, Auburn, VAMD (after being put on an interview waitlist for them)
Accepted: Penn
Attending: PENN!!

Overall GPA: 3.25
Science GPA: 3.41
Last 45 GPA: 3.80 ish

GRE (Q/V/W): 158/ 160/ 5.5

Degree:
BS in Molecular Biology from a rigorous undergrad school

*I won't be super specific about hours*
Veterinary Experience
- Current ER Vet Tech at a private large hospital (past year)
- Worked with wildlife alongside a Vet in Costa Rica for 4 weeks (wildlife is my interest)
- Currently volunteer as a Vet Tech at a shelter (1.5 ish years)
- Volunteer as a Vet Tech at free vaccine clinics (2ish years, they run 1x per month)
- Surgical shadow for a summer
- local SPCA volunteer in High School

Animal Experience
- Penn Vet Working Dog Center
- Visited multiple animal sanctuaries & volunteered there

Research (I have lots of Research experience)
- Mitochondrial Research Lab, 10 weeks
- Various Penn Research Labs for 12 weeks
- Koala Disease Research for over 120 hours
- A few labs at my undergrad school

Extracurriculars/Awards *most of these I've been involved with since I got to my undergrad school*
- Pre-Vet Club member (1.5 years)
- Heavily involved with a scholarship association at my undergrad...multiple leadership positions in it (3.5 years)
- Volunteer at a local grocery store that provides affordable, local groceries (3.5 years)
- Work with various environmental groups on campus (3.5 years)
- Mentorship program with at-risk youth in Elementary schools around my undergrad campus (3.5 years)

Non-Animal Employment
Worked at the campus gym for around 2 years (good times)

Awards
- awarded the highest merit scholarship at my undergraduate school (2% of incoming class gets it)
- various awards for my research involvement
- Additional merit scholarship for my achievements my last 2 semesters in science

LORs
- Physics professor at my undergrad (I did HORRIBLY in Physics, but had the guts to ask her for one anyway because she knew me well, I was always in her office asking her questions because I really didn't get it at all. I think it worked in my favor)
- Vet at shelter I worked at
- Researcher I worked for (at Penn)

Essays
Discussed my admiration of wildlife and our earth, and how combined with my love for the creativity and innovation involved in Vet Med, this motivates me to want to become a wildlife Vet. Also talked about how listening to others and considering all perspectives (especially different ones) is very important in being successful.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I didn't do so hot academically in my first 2 years. I really thought I was going to have to retake classes and I remember feeling awful about my prospects this time last year. But, I put my head down (it was tough to drown out those voices in my head telling me I didn't have the slightest chance) and did really well the last 2 semester with lots of Animal Science classes and proved my abilities as a student. Don't give up if you have a **** GPA going into junior year, I turned it around for myself and so can you. At the end of the day, it's about PERSISTENCE. If you really want to become a Vet, you'll work as hard as it takes to get there. Hard work pays off. Good luck to everyone who is gearing up to apply...just remember numbers don't define you, and you just need ONE yes!!

Reactions: 7 users
20 year old female, Michigan resident, 1st time applicant

Applied: Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue, Mizzou, LMU, VAMD, Tufts, Colorado State

Interview Invites: Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue (Declined Interview), Mizzou, LMU, Colorado State

Waiting to hear: Illinois (interview in Feb.), Mizzou, Colorado State, LMU

Rejections: Tufts, VAMD

Overall GPA: 3.79

Science GPA: 3.72

Last 45 GPA: 3.86

GRE (Q/V/W): 149 /153 /4.5

Degree: BS Biology, Pre-Veterinary Emphasis and Minor in Religious Studies (April 2018)

Veterinary Experience

Veterinary Assistant at Emergency Hospital: 1350 hours

Shadowed SA General practice: 55 hours

Shadowed Mixed Animal General practice: 140 hours

Shadowed wildlife veterinarian: 49 hours

Shadowed zoo veterinarian: 30 hours

Animal Experience

Wildlife Rehabilitation Internship: 280 hours

Animal Sanctuary Volunteer: 3 hours

Research

Lab animal care and collection of data on sugar glider patagiums, 376 hours

Identification of parasites in rhesus macaque feces, 60 hours

Extracurriculars/Awards

AVMA Convention Attendee

APVMA National Treasurer

Pre-Vet Club throughout undergrad

Pre-Vet Club Treasurer

Pre-Professional Council Member

Pre-Professional Council Secretary

Various leadership and conference attendees for a youth group in high school, including founder of an entrepreneurship program

APVMA Symposium Attendee

Michigan Veterinary Conference Attendee

Midwest APVMA Symposium Attendee

Midwest American Academy of Religion Conference Attendee

Member of Campus’ Hillel

Various volunteering

Student Scholar’s Day Presenter on Sugar Glider Research

Presented Paper on Snake Handling at Midwest American Academy of Religion Conference

Publication of Snake Handling Paper in school’s Scholarworks

Various awards in high school

Various honors society memberships

Biology scholarship and university scholarships

Dean's List/Academic Honors 6/6 semesters

Non-Animal Employment

Worked as a file clerk for 2 years

Worked as a waitress for 2 years

LORs

Small animal vet

Religious studies professor

Advisor

Research mentor/Cell and Molecular professor

Emergency veterinarian

Director of wildlife rehabilitation

I wrote about pursuing a career in emergency medicine due to an experience with my own dog at an emergency hospital. I also wrote about how I liked how fast-paced and challenging the area was, and coming in contact with people of many different backgrounds. I spoke about the importance of One Health and how the opportunities to contribute to society in vet med are limitless. I also wrote about empathy and communication skills and their importance in the field.

I've had people I know ask me for stats, so I thought I'd add them here for everyone else. I applied to a boatload of schools because I didn't think I had a chance. I was wrong.

Applied (15): Guelph-OVC, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana State, Massey, Midwestern, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi State, Royal, Sydney, Tennessee, Virginia-Maryland, Washington State, Wisconsin

Interview Invites(10): Guelph (12/17), Illinois (2/18), Kansas State (1/18), Massey (1/18), Midwestern (10/17), Minnesota (2/18), Missouri (1/18), Royal (11/17), Virginia (1/18)
Waiting to hear: everybody except lsu (waitlisted), Midwestern (waitlisted), Mississippi (rejected), and wsu (rejected)

Veterinary Experience

Animal Experience

Research

Extracurriculars/Awards
Admission Student Recruiter w/ the Office of Admission- VP and President: 952 hours

Non-Animal Employment
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta - Front Desk & Activity Cart at Emory’s Children Centre: 27 hours
Currently working at an Avian and Exotics Clinic since October 2017, 32 hours a week. I have been able to mention that at interviews.

LORs
Emergency Veterinarian
Equine Veterinarian

I want to make veterinary services accessible for people from different cultural and economic backgrounds.

Veterinary Experience

Animal Experience

Research

Extracurriculars/Awards

Non-Animal Employment

LORs
Emergency Veterinarian
Equine Veterinarian

When did you hear back from Kansas??

22 yr old female, Michigan resident, 2nd time applicant
Waiting to hear:
Iowa, K-State, Georgia

Just to keep this updated

Attending: MSU

What way are you leaning?
I'm really torn between WSU and Midwestern! WSU is much cheaper but living in Pullman will make finding a good job for my SO hard, while he has one in Phoenix waiting for him. This debate all depends on if I get into WSU so we'll see! If not then Midwestern it is!

23 year old female, Delaware resident, 1st time applicant, first generation

I am so excited to post here, and I am hoping to show that even without super competitive grades/experiences, you still hold a chance!

Applied: Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, VAMD, Wisconsin, Penn, Georgia, Cornell, Minnesota, Iowa, Tufts

Interview Invites: Michigan, Illinois, Penn, Minnesota, Tufts

Waiting to hear: Tufts, Wisconsin, Georgia, Iowa. Cancelling interviews for Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota (hope one of you gets a spot!)

Rejections:
VAMD (after being waitlisted for an interview), Purdue, Cornell

Accepted: Penn!

Attending: 99.9% sure it will be Penn! But will consider Georgia if I am accepted as a contract student.

Overall GPA: 3.54

Science GPA: varies from ~3.2-3.4

Last 45 GPA: ~3.65

GRE (Q/V/W): 155/155/4.5

Degree: Triple major: BS in Biology, BS in Neuroscience, and BS in Health/Health Policy from well regarded undergraduate school.

Veterinary Experience

Veterinary Technician at Small/Exotic animal Hospital: ~2500 hours

Animal Experience

Wildlife Care Internship: ~300 hours

Cat shelter volunteer: ~600 hours

Research

None!

Extracurriculars/Awards

Deans List
Various volunteering/community service positions within the community and abroad
Leadership positions at school

Non-Animal Employment

Intern at urgent care facility

LORs

Small animal vet

Professor of Microbiology

Lawyer/Professor of Epidemiology & Biostats

Director of Student Activities

I wrote about pursuing a career in small animal/exotic/avian medicine, (also interested in wildlife medicine) but I am excited at the prospect of gaining experience in a diversity of fields, and it is entirely possible that this may alter my future goals. As for special interests, I would enjoy pursuing dentistry or neurology. I also wrote about veterinarians' importance in the One Health initiative and how they influence numerous sectors of society.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm so excited to be able to post here finally!!

20yr old female, first time applicant. NC resident

Applied:
NCSU, UGA
Waiting to hear: UGA
Accepted: NCSU
Rejected: None
Attending: NCSU!!!!!!!!

Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.92
Last 45 GPA: I'm honestly not sure but I can calculate it if anyone wants to know.
GRE (Q/V/W): 158 (69%) /157 (76%) / 3.5 (42%)

Degree:
BS Zoology

Veterinary Experience
Small animal vet assistant (1396 hrs)
Large animal shadowing/assisting (168 hrs)

Animal Experience
Dog agility (842 hrs)
Livestock handler at county fair (60 hrs)

Research
Research assistant in cardiac genetics lab (120 hrs)

Extracurriculars/Awards
University Scholars Program
High school swim team captain
Junior marshal
Dean's list every semester
FFA American Degree
Multiple placements in state and national FFA CDEs (Marketing, Agricultural Issues Forum, Veterinary Medicine and Farm Business Management)
FFA State Proficiency Award winner (1st place in both Veterinary Science and Small Animal Care and Production)

Non-Animal Employment
Hostess at an Italian restaurant in high school

LORs
Small animal vet/Owner of small animal clinic I worked at
Large animal vet I shadowed
High school FFA advisor

Essay Questions
I mostly talked about how competing in agility (and since applying, other dog sports) has developed my passion for dogs lol. :laugh:

Update:
21 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant

Applied:
Cornell, Tufts, Michigan, LMU, UPENN, Iowa, Kansas, Purdue, Minnesota, Ohio, Missouri
Interviews: LMU, Tufts, Minnesota, Purdue, Ohio, Missouri, Kansas, UPenn (declined interviews to UPenn, Purdue & Minnesota)
Accepted: Tufts, LMU
Rejected: Michigan
Waitlisted: Cornell, Missouri, Kansas
Attending: 99% sure Tufts, still waiting on Iowa

GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.86
Last 45: 4.00

GRE (v/q/w): 160/161/4.5

Degree: Pre veterinary sciences B.S from UMass Amherst

Veterinary Hours :
-1300 between two small animal clinics(with exoctics, and a couple marine patients )
-100 ish hours shelter med but I put it under animal experience as most of the time a vet did not supervise

Animal hours:
-2500 Small animal kennel
- around 400-500 Large animal from hands on classes and TA-ing

Research : 300 hours ( one semester in a neurobiology lab, 2 semesters in an avian biacoustic lab, now working on thesis)

Extra curriculaes:

-Teaching assistant for a hands on sheep management class
-honors college

Non animal employment : none, all my jobs involved animals

LORs
-
small animal vet
-guidance counselor
-manager at kennel job
-animal reproduction professor
-bio professor
-animal welfare and TA supervisor professor

Essays: not really applicable

Hello and CONGRATS to everyone! YAY!

20 year old female, Ohio resident, 1st time applicant

Applied:
Ohio State
Interview Invites: Ohio State
Accepted: Ohio State
Attending: Ohio State!:soexcited:

Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 4.00
Last 45 GPA: 4.00

GRE (Q/V/W): 156 / 152 / 4 (eek)

Degree:
none - applied after my sophomore year & entering veterinary school after my junior year! However, my undergraduate school is great - on successful completion of your 1st year of professional school, you can come back and graduate with your bachelors (no extra classes required)! So...
Major: Animal Science
Minor: Chemistry
expected Spring 2019

Veterinary Experience:
~ 1800 hours in a small animal private practice. Worked here all throughout high school and summers/ breaks during college
~ 100 hours large animal/ equine
~ 35 hours at a veterinary camp for HS students at Ohio State CVM - exotics/zoo animal/wildlife
~ 21 hours handling wildlife at same small animal clinic

Animal Experience:
~ 60 hours working at my university's barn (feedings, cleaning, treatments) - cattle/goats/sheep/pigs

Research:
none (I know, I know)

Extracurriculars/Awards:
a few scholarships awarded to animal science majors
Dean's list - all semesters
English award for a rhino poaching project
Phi Kappa Phi (Honor Society) member

Non-Animal Employment:
none

LORs:
1. small animal veterinarian (OSU graduate) from clinic I've worked at FOREVER
2. small animal veterinarian (MSU graduate) from same clinic
3. biology teacher from HS who I was very close to

Essay Questions/Personal Statement:
talked about my career goals (obviously), veterinary medicine's role in public health, mentioned the mental health issue... nothing too crazy!

We did it! ;)

Reactions: 8 users
Hello and CONGRATS to everyone! YAY!

20 year old female, Ohio resident, 1st time applicant

Applied:
Ohio State
Interview Invites: Ohio State
Accepted: Ohio State
Attending: Ohio State!:soexcited:

Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 4.00
Last 45 GPA: 4.00

GRE (Q/V/W): 156 / 152 / 4 (eek)

Degree:
none - applied after my sophomore year & entering veterinary school after my junior year! However, my undergraduate school is great - on successful completion of your 1st year of professional school, you can come back and graduate with your bachelors (no extra classes required)! So...
Major: Animal Science
Minor: Chemistry
expected Spring 2019

Veterinary Experience:
~ 1800 hours in a small animal private practice. Worked here all throughout high school and summers/ breaks during college
~ 100 hours large animal/ equine
~ 35 hours at a veterinary camp for HS students at Ohio State CVM - exotics/zoo animal/wildlife
~ 21 hours handling wildlife at same small animal clinic

Animal Experience:
~ 60 hours working at my university's barn (feedings, cleaning, treatments) - cattle/goats/sheep/pigs

Research:
none (I know, I know)

Extracurriculars/Awards:
a few scholarships awarded to animal science majors
Dean's list - all semesters
English award for a rhino poaching project
Phi Kappa Phi (Honor Society) member

Non-Animal Employment:
none

LORs:
1. small animal veterinarian (OSU graduate) from clinic I've worked at FOREVER
2. small animal veterinarian (MSU graduate) from same clinic
3. biology teacher from HS who I was very close to

Essay Questions/Personal Statement:
talked about my career goals (obviously), veterinary medicine's role in public health, mentioned the mental health issue... nothing too crazy!

We did it! ;)

Yay! Congrats! You’re gonna love OSU! Go Bucks:love: