This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hihihi123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to apply to dental schools this upcoming cycle in June 2018 and I need suggestions on schools which I can apply for that I have chances to get into.
DAT: PAT-19 QR-18 RC-17 Biol-27 GC-21 OC-23 TS-24 AA-21. (I'm worried about my PAT, QR, and RC scores especially the 17 with reading.)
Science and overall GPA: 3.94.
Shadowing hours: 35 hours currently but I will continue to shadow over the summer (hopefully get it to 60-70)
Volunteer hours: 90+ & one of the humanitarian officer for my school's pre-health association
Research: 1.5 years (don't have any published articles though)
I know I'm going to apply to UNLV (in-state) and also University of Pacific, but I need more schools. Thinking about applying to about 6-7 schools. Is that enough?
Please give me suggestions on schools to apply to which I have a good chance of getting into. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT TS and GPA are great. I had a 17 QR and it never came up in my interviews. The 17 RC might be a hold up for some schools that weigh that section heavily though. I would apply to 10 to be safe and mix in some privates (UPenn, Tufts/BU, Nova, Midwestern-AZ would be some to look at).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user