This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hihihi123

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm going to apply to dental schools this upcoming cycle in June 2018 and I need suggestions on schools which I can apply for that I have chances to get into.
DAT: PAT-19 QR-18 RC-17 Biol-27 GC-21 OC-23 TS-24 AA-21. (I'm worried about my PAT, QR, and RC scores especially the 17 with reading.)
Science and overall GPA: 3.94.
Shadowing hours: 35 hours currently but I will continue to shadow over the summer (hopefully get it to 60-70)
Volunteer hours: 90+ & one of the humanitarian officer for my school's pre-health association
Research: 1.5 years (don't have any published articles though)
I know I'm going to apply to UNLV (in-state) and also University of Pacific, but I need more schools. Thinking about applying to about 6-7 schools. Is that enough?
Please give me suggestions on schools to apply to which I have a good chance of getting into. Thanks!
 
Your DAT TS and GPA are great. I had a 17 QR and it never came up in my interviews. The 17 RC might be a hold up for some schools that weigh that section heavily though. I would apply to 10 to be safe and mix in some privates (UPenn, Tufts/BU, Nova, Midwestern-AZ would be some to look at).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile