SUNY upstate, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted a couple of weeks ago. My first acceptance!

We'll see what happens on the other schools I'm waiting for but UPstate is looking very attractive right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Did any of you interviewed on Feb 20? My status page changed to "decision made" on I think Thursday night, but I have yet to hear back from them. At this point, I assume it will either be a rejection or a waitlist since it looks like those with an acceptance usually get a phone call. Here is to hoping it is a HPA....

Hey is the status page the same as the application page? If not, can you post the link to the status page? thanks...

Hey is the status page the same as the application page? If not, can you post the link to the status page? thanks...

It is the same page. A "decision row" will only appear after a decision has been made.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed early march and checked my application status today. Next to the decision row, it said "decision made". since I didn't get a phone call last wednesday...does this mean reject?

Ok,
So does every applicant get a phone call from SUNY Upstate no matter what, or only if you are accepted?? And is it only on Wednesdays?? Can anyone tell me how they contact you if you are rejected, waitlisted or accepted please??

I got high priority alternate and it was by mail, not email or phone call

I got accepted about a week ago. Someone called me from Upstate but I was in class so they left me a message saying to call back at some number. I did the next day, and the lady said, "I just wanted to let you know that you have been accepted to Upstate." So I am assuming they call all their accepted applicants unless I am special (unlikely). Hope this helps.

Yehosh, may i ask when did u interviewed?

Does anyone have the 2007 Match list?

Members don't see this ad :)
There hasn't been any phone call lately. Is it safe to assume that the best result that one can get post-interview from here on out is a HP wait list? Say it isn't so.

When were their last interviews?? I interviewed on March 21st and am desperately waiting to here back from them. I have been calling them every week to find iout if they have gotten to me, but they will never say. They said that they hope to have everyone notified by the end of April/ beginning of may. Ei, Yi, Yi!!:)

I interviewed March 21 too. The lady there was pretty adamant about "2 weeks to get back to you." Yea, right. End of April, beginning of May is like 5-6 weeks. Go figure - I knew 2 weeks was too good to be true.

I interviewed March 21 too. The lady there was pretty adamant about "2 weeks to get back to you." Yea, right. End of April, beginning of May is like 5-6 weeks. Go figure - I knew 2 weeks was too good to be true.

I was told 3 weeks and heard back in 4

just be patient

Hey folks... I just checked the status checker page and discovered the "Decision Made" row (I interviewed on 3/21, the last day). I was first wondering if anyone else from that day (I know a few of you are on here) also have that listed and also, for those of you who were accepted, when did they call you and was it before or after you saw "decision made." At this point I'm preparing myself for hold or, dare I say it, HP waitlist, but it would be nice to think that maybe they just haven't gotten around to calling me yet and that I might recieve one tomorrow... Thanks folks.

Hey, i just checked mine and there is no descision yet. maybe I haven't been reviewed yet. i interviewed on 3/21 too. What I have gathered from this forum is that ppl have gotten phone calls about acceptances before their status page has changed. BUT I kind of do not think they are handing out acceptances right now ( so many ppl have said that they are full and only sending out waitlists). All this info is only from what I have gathered here, you very well may receive a call tomorrow granting you acceptance. Good luck!

Ok, I just rechecked and there is a descision made. No phoe call today though!:( :(

Sorry to hear that. It would make sense that they were only interviewing for HP waitlist, given we were on the last day. Actually I was the kid who was told by my faculty interviewer (who said he was one of the senior members on the ADCOM) that that was the case. That being said, Ms. Chambers did say that there were still spots open to all of us, so we'll see.

Here's hoping that tomorrow our phones are ringing off the hook!!:p

OK, seems like those who interviewed on 3/21, all got a "decision made"

Based on everyone else, we should be getting a call (about right now) from 11:30-1:00PM if we got accepted.

Anyone get a call?

no call yet,

But if you look over the recent posts, no one has posted that they have recieved a call in like over a month. I really htink that they are not handing out acceptances right now. Maybe only HPL or LPL.
:( :oops: :)

:( I just called the school and they said that they already made all the phone calls today. The guy on the other end was kind of rude, but he said that they called people already and are only waiting for 2 people to call them back. I told him my name and he said that I was not one of them. This truly sucks:( :(
I really wanted to go there:(

Dang... No call here either. I guess we have to hope for a high priority waitlist and wait another month.

Thanks for calling senorita - still I'm kinda bummed. I don't want to wait anymore. I want to know where I'm going!

no call yet,

But if you look over the recent posts, no one has posted that they have recieved a call in like over a month. I really htink that they are not handing out acceptances right now. Maybe only HPL or LPL.
:( :oops: :)

A friend of mine recently got put on the HPL. He interviewed first week of March...just letting you guys know (I haven't really been following this thread).

Ah, yeah nothing over here either. Guess I'm in the same boat hoping for a HP waitlist spot. I was just about to call but I guess I don't need to given seniorita's conversation (seeing as I haven't recieved a call from upstate today). oh well, best of luck as far as the HP waitlist to all my fellow interviewees and also with the other schools y'all applied to.

:( I just called the school and they said that they already made all the phone calls today. The guy on the other end was kind of rude, but he said that they called people already and are only waiting for 2 people to call them back. I told him my name and he said that I was not one of them. This truly sucks:( :(
I really wanted to go there:(
Hang in there. Good luck. I hope you end up where you want to end up.

Last edited:
hey Friendly,
are you a student at Upstate, staff member?? or what??

I understand that med school office must get annoyed with us students calling all the time, but when telling someone they were not accepted, you could sound a little nicer or a little more sorry. He was just like "You're not on my list" click. It is scarey enough for me to call, but to have such abrubt and undetailed answers hurt. That's all. I guess you can see, I'm kind of a sensitive gal.:love:

also, do they really know who I am? Like do you know this for a fact or something??? I never told them my name until like the last tiem I called. All I want is to attend Upstate, that's it.

hey Friendly,
are you a student at Upstate, staff member?? or what??

I understand that med school office must get annoyed with us students calling all the time, but when telling someone they were not accepted, you could sound a little nicer or a little more sorry. He was just like "You're not on my list" click. It is scarey enough for me to call, but to have such abrubt and undetailed answers hurt. That's all. I guess you can see, I'm kind of a sensitive gal.:love:

also, do they really know who I am? Like do you know this for a fact or something??? I never told them my name until like the last tiem I called. All I want is to attend Upstate, that's it.

I'd just chalk it up to a rough day/morning/whatever for him. I applied two years ago for early assurance and then again this cycle and both times I've had nothing but positive experiences with that office. I'm not positive who exactly it is you spoke to but if its the guy that I remember who works in that office, I remember him being extremely nice and helpful. So yeah, while he could have been a bit nicer about it, I'm sure it was nothing personal and just him having a bad morning or whatever.

Every time I talked to him, which wasn't excessive at all, he's been pretty rude.

when are we allowed to call and check where we are on the list? I remember the dean saying sometime in mid to late april.

when are we allowed to call and check where we are on the list? I remember the dean saying sometime in mid to late april.

Yah, i don't know, but as soon as I get my letter, and hoping that it is HPL, I am calling right away. Prob by end of this week.

Yah, i don't know, but as soon as I get my letter, and hoping that it is HPL, I am calling right away. Prob by end of this week.

Did they say they would tell us our rank on the wait list? From everyone's experiences with the secretaries there, I don't really want to call them, but if they'll tell you where you are on the list, I guess I'll just take their crap.

Did they say they would tell us our rank on the wait list? From everyone's experiences with the secretaries there, I don't really want to call them, but if they'll tell you where you are on the list, I guess I'll just take their crap.

The dean had said to check with the office in mid April so they can give you an idea of where you stand. I figure they wanted to finish the interviewing season before anyone checks so the list is finalized.

If anyone calls tell me how it goes, im heading to class right now :(.

Just got the mail and I got letter from Upstate. Looks like I made the high priority alternate list, so that's as good as I could hope for after not getting a call last week. For the others who interviewed 3/21, let us know how it worked out when you get your letters, which I imagine will be in the next few days. Also, given that 3/21 was the last day and it seems like they've made decisions on all of us, I would imagine that they can now give us a better idea of where we are on the list because I doubt there are any more decisions to be made, so I'll be calling later today to ask about that.

they dont tell you what your rank is but i just found out today that you can email them and ask them what your chances of getting accepted are...im not exactly sure what that means...maybe they compare it to how many people made it off last year?? i dont know but i just emailed them so i guess ill find out

they dont tell you what your rank is but i just found out today that you can email them and ask them what your chances of getting accepted are...im not exactly sure what that means...maybe they compare it to how many people made it off last year?? i dont know but i just emailed them so i guess ill find out

whats their email?

Yep that's right. I called and asked about it and they said just to make sure to word your e-mail in such a way that you're asking approximately what your chances are of getting in based on where you on the list rather than asking exactly where you are. They will not release that information, but they will tell you what your chances are --- and off I go to send that e-mail out myself.