2025-2026 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSAR says they interviewed 174 out of 3718 OOS last year (around ~4.7%) and accepted 29 (closer to your 0.9% figure).

Those 174 likely had ties to the area.

My numbers came directly from the Upstate website, but i’m sure they fluctuate year by year.

Overall though, if someone has already submitted their primary, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the secondary. Already come this far, just go for it!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wondering if i should email asking about my LOR status since it’s been a week since I submitted or if I should wait longer…don’t want to jump the gun but i see other people seemed to have this resolved a lot quicker
 
they added this to portal
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5130.jpeg
    IMG_5130.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 460
wondering if i should email asking about my LOR status since it’s been a week since I submitted or if I should wait longer…don’t want to jump the gun but i see other people seemed to have this resolved a lot quicker
Hey, did you submit 3 extra rec letters? I'm confused on what to do cuz all of my letters are mostly addressed to my ability to become a phyisican-scientist already so not sure what to do?
 
Hey, did you submit 3 extra rec letters? I'm confused on what to do cuz all of my letters are mostly addressed to my ability to become a phyisican-scientist already so not sure what to do?
i originally submitted a letter packet w 4 LORs w my AMCAS on June 4. as soon as i emailed them they emailed back saying they updated my status. i just added another LOR today so hopefully that also makes it in but it seems like they’re just forgetting for a few ppl
 
As an OOS CA Resident with no ties to upstate New York (other than a girlfriend) I think I may be cooked for this app.
Dog GIF by MUG ROOT BEER
 
As an OOS CA Resident with no ties to upstate New York (other than a girlfriend) I think I may be cooked for this app.

Out of curiosity, what made you submit an app to a State school clear across the country with a heavy in state bias?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone able to access their interview portal? I scheduled my interview yesterday and got a confirmation but when I click the link again I can't find anywhere to upload a photo.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little confused about the format of this interview (+1 OS). Is there both a written portion and a live virtual portion? If so, is just the written portion in MMI format, or is the interview like that too (ie do we interview with one person or multiple people with short scenarios?)
 
I'm a little confused about the format of this interview (+1 OS). Is there both a written portion and a live virtual portion? If so, is just the written portion in MMI format, or is the interview like that too (ie do we interview with one person or multiple people with short scenarios?)

Yes, there is a written portion and a live portion. I don’t see how written can be in MMI - that doesn’t really make sense. I assume the live interview is MMI.
 
Last edited:
did anyone get the "Review the interview cheat sheet attached to this email." i don't see any interview cheat sheet attached to the email they sent me today. thank you!
 
Just finished the interview. Can’t say anything about the questions or interview specifics, but will pass along some statistics from the Dean:

- Dean said they got 7,000 applications this year.

- Of those 7,000 applications, they will interview 500.

- Of those 500 interviews, they will give acceptances to 250.

- Dean said at least 80% of the class will be in-state. One of the out of staters at the interview was originally from NY before moving away. They seem to like ties.

The interview was a very good experience.
 
Last edited:
IS Interviewed here. Info session was genuinely great experience and staff was very personable. Interview is MMI format and generally basic questions. Only one station was difficult, but I think it was just to asses your response and how you handled the pressure. Overall decent experience
 
Hey is anyone's rec letters still not marked as recieved? I emailed them 2 weeks ago about it but they just said to wait as they're processing applications.. I submitted like early august
 
Has anyone sent in updates using the "upload application updates" section? Do they reply or send you an email/notification once they've processed the update?

I have. They don’t send you any confirmation but you can see the new file in the list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad