SUNY upstate, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can call them up and ask if they are still offering acceptences. Remember, a VERY small percentage of applicants are SDN members

Members don't see this ad.

Its been 3 weeks for me and I'm hoping to hear this week. I'm hoping for the best. Anyone else waiting/expecting to hear this week?

I'm waiting also...i interviewed at on the 17th. I checked my status page today and it said DECISION MADE....we'll see

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting also...i interviewed at on the 17th. I checked my status page today and it said DECISION MADE....we'll see

Mine doesnt say anything on the status page, so I don think I was reviewed yet. When did you see the update?

Hey everyone, I was accepted 9 weeks ago today. Still haven't made up my mind where I'm headed but good luck to everyone with the Upstate decisions. Hopefully I hear about many acceptance calls tonight!

Whats the range of times they typically call?

Wednesday night: 7:30 - 9:00
Friday: 11:30 - 1:00

Mine doesnt say anything on the status page, so I don think I was reviewed yet. When did you see the update?

The status page doesn't matter. Mine has not been updated since october.

has anyone been taken off the Suny Upstate pre-interview hold?

call me crazy, I interviewed on the 24th and still NO CALL??!!!!:p

3 weeks have gone by no call :(. Do they make calls on fridays if they already made calls in that week on wed?

3 weeks have gone by no call :(. Do they make calls on fridays if they already made calls in that week on wed?
Uh...3 weeks is kind of a ridiculous turnaround time my friend. 4-5 weeks is more likely. Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh...3 weeks is kind of a ridiculous turnaround time my friend. 4-5 weeks is more likely. Hang in there.

One school got back to me 2 weeks post-interview so it's def possible

i interviewed on the 16th, got called on 24th (wed) at night like 8pmish and got in then.

Things are not looking good for me. 3 weeks and no call/no status update. Well, I'm pretty much expecting WL/rejection now.

Things are not looking good for me. 3 weeks and no call/no status update. Well, I'm pretty much expecting WL/rejection now.

Same here, but maybe we havent been reviewed...?

Same here, but maybe we havent been reviewed...?
Exactly. I interviewed at 3 schools that get back to you in under a month, but SUNY Upstate is not one of them. They told me that they get back to people in about a month. As time wears on, it would probably take even longer.

I didn't get reviewed until more than four weeks after my interview and I got accepted so hang in there.:luck:

I didn't get reviewed until more than four weeks after my interview and I got accepted so hang in there.:luck:

Thanks WildTumor. I do hope I get something next Wed.

I interviewed on November 13th and then found out 3.5 weeks later that I was accepted. That was November.... realize that you are probably going to wait about 4-6 weeks now. Have some faith god damnit!

Well my status page was just updated to decision made. Ugh :(. Hopefully i still get HP waitlist. Really thought that it went well, but its out of my hands. GL to the rest of you.

Well my status page was just updated to decision made. Ugh :(. Hopefully i still get HP waitlist. Really thought that it went well, but its out of my hands. GL to the rest of you.

there is still hope Dr. curious!! Maybe you'll still get a call! I really hope you get in! :luck: :luck: :luck:

there is still hope Dr. curious!! Maybe you'll still get a call! I really hope you get in! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thanks for the encouragement, I hope your right. Unfortunately, based on this thread it seems that it will be at best a waitlist. (Unless anyone here knows otherwise)

We are in the same boat Dr.Curious. My status changed to "decision made" during the weekend though noboby called me yet. Well, I don't think they reject a lot of ppl outright post interview. So it's either high-priority WL or low-priority WL.

I am withdrawing my acceptance so that'll open up a spot.

Good luck guys!!:luck:

I am withdrawing my acceptance so that'll open up a spot.

Good luck guys!!:luck:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Wild Tumor. Hee hee. On High Priority waitlist, so if anyone else wants to give up their acceptance, feel free :D

guys, I ve been waiting for your upodates (its Wed night)- what's goiong on?
Did you find out anything new about your status?

Well my status has been decision made since sunday, no mail and obviously no call. So dont really know whats going on. My guess is I should get the mail friday or sat.

dr. curious, when was your interview?
I had mine on 24th/01 and my status page is the same, actually there is no row that would indicate status as such.
I have no idea what to think.
My understanding, is that an appropriate entry appears as an additional row of information when any decision is made, right?

appreciate your advice!

Yup, it appears. Not a designated row till the decision has been made. My interview went real well too, so I was a bit disappointed.

To my surprise I got a HP list letter in the mail today. Yay, all hope is not lost.

Now, any idea how many people get pulled off this list usually?

To my surprise I got a HP list letter in the mail today. Yay, all hope is not lost.

Now, any idea how many people get pulled off this list usually?

Congrats!! So happy for you..I was in the exact same situation a few weeks ago, so I know how amazing it is when you find out you were high priority! :D

can anyone post the website for the SUNY status page?

Yay, Just got the HPA list letter today!
Does anyone know how well this list moves?

Yay, Just got the HPA list letter today!
Does anyone know how well this list moves?

Many of my classmates to whom I have spoken said they got in off the waitlist (HPA). I don't want to give anyone false hope, but the anecdotal evidence says many from HPA do "get the call" after May 15.

Anyhow, good luck to you all. You all seem like very nice people, very supportive of your peers on SDN. :thumbup:

Back to my reading for Brain and Behavior!:scared: j/k

racerx

I need advice, a good one.
Had my interview on the 24th of January - it is almost 4 weeks now and no change on my status page (which I treat as a blessing), however no call either. Where do I stand?
Would it be prudent to contanct the admissinos, or am I jumping gun here?

your input is appreciated
dilantin

I think you should give them a call and ask. You don't have anything to lose. Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Has anyone got phone calls this evening from SUNY? I know they went to commitee today (they were a little behind because of last weeks weather). I interviewed 3 weeks ago and am hoping for the call

any news from SUNY Upstate? did any one get a call?:)

thanks for the link to the status page, but I forgot my login info, is it my AMCAS number?

I need advice, a good one.
Had my interview on the 24th of January - it is almost 4 weeks now and no change on my status page (which I treat as a blessing), however no call either. Where do I stand?
Would it be prudent to contanct the admissinos, or am I jumping gun here?

your input is appreciated
dilantin

I don't think the status page signify anything at all. The only thing I have on my status page is my completed file. My interview and acceptance were still not updated the last time I checked. Really, call them if anything. When I called them the morning of the third week (after I interviewed), they told me I had not been reviewed but they called later that night to inform me of my acceptance.

To cut the long story short, don't rely too much on the status page. Call them if anything

i think that makes sense, will call hem on Friday, this is my 4th week, and they call on Wed/Fri, so I 'll give them a chance to call me :)
How long did you wait for your acceptace call? was it exactly 3 weeks? or is that a function of spots availability?
thanks!

I don't think the status page signify anything at all. The only thing I have on my status page is my completed file. My interview and acceptance were still not updated the last time I checked. Really, call them if anything. When I called them the morning of the third week (after I interviewed), they told me I had not been reviewed but they called later that night to inform me of my acceptance.

To cut the long story short, don't rely too much on the status page. Call them if anything

thank you for the Login info,
what about the PIN, is that provided by SUNY?