Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

Started by SAMBAA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, long time lurker. I was hoping if someone can clarify if you do not submit the MCAT then you must submit the GRE/SAT/ACT, or is this optional. Thanks!
This is what the website says: Applicants are required to self-report all standardized test scores within the PostBacCAS application. If you are applying for the ACMS program with MCAT scores, you also are required to self-report any additional standardized test you have taken including GRE, SAT and/or ACT scores.
 
Can someone who interviewed tell me what the general interview day schedule is like? I'm not sure why but I didn't get any emails about the schedule yet..

Are the interviews usually in the afternoon?
 
Can someone who interviewed tell me what the general interview day schedule is like? I'm not sure why but I didn't get any emails about the schedule yet..

Are the interviews usually in the afternoon?

This was my day, got the email 2 days before.

There are at least 4 different Zoom links for various interview day activities. All times are EST:

o 8:30 – 9:10 am: Meet and Greet

o 9:10 – 9:25 am: Writing Activity (will be during the Meet and Greet zoom session).

o Faculty Interview with @ 10:00:00 AM

o Blind Interview with @ 11:00:00 AM

12:00 – 1:00 pm: Meeting with tour guides

The first one lasted 30 minutes, the second one was 11 minutes, which had me nervous haha. The Zoom setup was nice, I was able to stress clean and do laundry between sessions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was my day, got the email 2 days before.

There are at least 4 different Zoom links for various interview day activities. All times are EST:

o 8:30 – 9:10 am: Meet and Greet

o 9:10 – 9:25 am: Writing Activity (will be during the Meet and Greet zoom session).

o Faculty Interview with @ 10:00:00 AM

o Blind Interview with @ 11:00:00 AM

12:00 – 1:00 pm
: Meeting with tour guides

The first one lasted 30 minutes, the second one was 11 minutes, which had me nervous haha. The Zoom setup was nice, I was able to stress clean and do laundry between sessions.

Thank you for the information! Hoping that I get my schedule soon 🙂
 
Anyone know the turnaround time from interview to acceptance/rejection? Or when there is any information released given the current timelines?
 
Has anyone got an invite to the ACMS yet, I haven't seen anyone on this thread get an interview from them after mid April. Do you know when the next will be? Should I be afraid that I haven't heard anything yet, I was marked complete 4/16?
 
Has anyone got an invite to the ACMS yet, I haven't seen anyone on this thread get an interview from them after mid April. Do you know when the next will be? Should I be afraid that I haven't heard anything yet, I was marked complete 4/16?

My whole application was done by 4/1. I got an interview invite on 4/29 for 5/12.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone got an invite to the ACMS yet, I haven't seen anyone on this thread get an interview from them after mid April. Do you know when the next will be? Should I be afraid that I haven't heard anything yet, I was marked complete 4/16?

I just completed my app 2 days ago. Worried about the same thing 🙁
 
So if we have not received an invite and our application was done before, is it just a rejection at this point?
 
Congrats! Can I ask you what the diff is bw ACMS and ACHS? I'm wondering if I should apply for ACHS as well :/
I also have the same question. I've heard that both ACHS and ACMS has linkages to medical schools and I know that ACHS offers MCAT prep. If anyone can expand, please quote this! I didn't apply to ACMS bc I passed the deadline for CASPER test.
 
Congrats! Can I ask you what the diff is bw ACMS and ACHS? I'm wondering if I should apply for ACHS as well :/
ACMS has the conditional acceptance and ACHS Doesn’t making it much less competitive. ACHS has linkages but it’s still really hard to link MD and they only have 2 MD linkages
 
ACMS has the conditional acceptance and ACHS Doesn’t making it much less competitive. ACHS has linkages but it’s still really hard to link MD and they only have 2 MD linkages
Is there still a glide year with ACHS? And is there a degree associated with it?
 
Is there still a glide year with ACHS? And is there a degree associated with it?
If you link there is no glide year. The program can be a certificate but then you won’t be eligible for financial aid but you will be if you do the program and don’t get the certificate
 
If you link there is no glide year. The program can be a certificate but then you won’t be eligible for financial aid but you will be if you do the program and don’t get the certificate
Yea that's what I was told in my interview. Do you know if there is really any benefit to having the certificate? I feel like I would prefer financial aid and no certificate but maybe I'm missing something?
 
If you link there is no glide year. The program can be a certificate but then you won’t be eligible for financial aid but you will be if you do the program and don’t get the certificate
How do you link? What is the probability of linking? And do you get to choose what med school you want to link with? I don't see much info on it online, sorry for the questions! I just don't see how ACHS (since matriculation isn't guaranteed) is better than other SMPS (like georgetown, loyola, etc where you actually obtain a degree)
 
How do you link? What is the probability of linking? And do you get to choose what med school you want to link with? I don't see much info on it online, sorry for the questions! I just don't see how ACHS (since matriculation isn't guaranteed) is better than other SMPS (like georgetown, loyola, etc where you actually obtain a degree)

It’s not, only ACMS is the real competitive SMP


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you link? What is the probability of linking? And do you get to choose what med school you want to link with? I don't see much info on it online, sorry for the questions! I just don't see how ACHS (since matriculation isn't guaranteed) is better than other SMPS (like georgetown, loyola, etc where you actually obtain a degree)
You can only apply to 1 school for linkage and you must be nominated. You must meet the minimum requirements such as a 3.3 undergraduate gpa previous to the program, 1 mcat with a 509+ and sat with a 1350 for Temple. The only other MD is SUNY in Brooklyn. The MD schools are hard to link and they typically see 1-3 link through the program per year. More likely to link DO with PCOM, but with that linkage you aren’t give a written agreement. They say that have a great track record with people getting into med school after the program not through linkage though.
 
The neurotic pre-med in me is panicking as I applied pretty late in the cycle and am unsure about how many seats in the ACMS program are available to begin with and how many acceptances have been given out so far. With the being said, has anyone received an acceptance recently?
 
For anybody else who took a 5/4 Casper, I just got the email that Temple has received my results and my application is now under review.
 
Damn I haven’t yet and I took the same date. Thanks for the update though!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When was your postbaccas verified? I submitted everything else including LOR before taking Casper. If you’re wondering you can send an email to make sure they received everything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the timeline for those waiting for an interview for ACMS? I applied and was marked complete in Feb, but haven't heard anything since
If May 15th was the deadline to apply I feel like they're gonna have at least two more interview cycles. They for sure send rejections though right?