Temple University - Philly Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcidETCH

UPENN SDM '07
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be having my interview at Temple next week. For anyone who has interviewed there, could you please tell me which streets to avoid as I will be driving there and am unfamiliar with the area. I hear that the surrounding area is "ghetto" so any help to avoid these areas would be much appreciated. Also, is it safe to park the car near the school? Thanks.

AE

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
You should be able to park in the hospital parking lot, so call and ask about that option and stay on Alleghaney or Broad.....The other streets aren't as friendly per se. Good luck, don't sweat it, relax and yah might just get in.

T2006

One last thing....I saw you had an interview at Pitt....Yeah pitt was nice when I was there, but in all honesty Temple has got Pitt beat in just about every aspect, I think you might be changing your mind after next week..........

Definitely, Temple is a top school...but what worries my parents is the neighbourhood that Temple is located in. Maybe everything that I've heard is exaggerated, but hey, I just wanted to make sure which streets to avoid. Maybe I'll meet you at the interview and you can share with me your experiences there. Thanks for the info.

AE