You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tennessee c/o 2026 hopefuls
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hi!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Good luck everyone!! I'm a UTK grad and still around the school doing PhD things. If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way 🙂
I wonder if we have run into each other without knowing it - I am working with Dr. Whitlock and one of his PhD students quite a bit. Fingers crossed for me finallyGood luck everyone!! I'm a UTK grad and still around the school doing PhD things. If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way 🙂
I am still surprised that so few people have discovered the forum yet this year but it always builds up as the cycle goes on! Good luck to you guys! Are you IS or OOS?
First time applicant, OOS 😀
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
We might! I'm usually not around the vet school itself though, I just pop on every once in a while 🙂 my research is in a different departmentI wonder if we have run into each other without knowing it - I am working with Dr. Whitlock and one of his PhD students quite a bit. Fingers crossed for me finally
I submitted on Sept 29 and no word yet! Will someone let me know if/when they first hear about interviews? I'm a bit unsure of the timeline since their website doesn't have a general timeline that I can find. I am IS too!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Since you're in-state I expect you'll be hearing about interviews one way or the other pretty soon - IS interviews are supposed to be over Zoom the 22nd and 23rd of this month.I submitted on Sept 29 and no word yet! Will someone let me know if/when they first hear about interviews? I'm a bit unsure of the timeline since their website doesn't have a general timeline that I can find. I am IS too!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
OOS interviews aren't until January so I would expect sometime in mid-December at the earliestDoes anybody know when OOS interview invites go out?
Just heard! Interview invite!
sarahg1919
Full Member
Have any OOS applicants gotten any sort of application received email or know if they do this?
Same here, nothing yet!Hi there! I am a first-time OOS applicant and I have not received any emails or other communications from them since my VMCAS was verified.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to their site, OOS interviews aren't until January so it may be a while til we hear anything!Same here, nothing yet!
Has anyone here interviewed at UTK before and have any tips for me? I'm super nervous!!!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I've both interviewed and now been an interviewer for a few years! It's a very relaxed, conversational interview 🙂 a little bit different being over zoom, but we really just want to get to know you. It's a team of 2-3 people, usually 3, typically two doctors and a clinical year or PhD student. The only info we have beforehand is your experience hours and your essays. It's about 20 minutes of us taking turns asking you questions, and then time at the end for you to ask questions or tell us anything else you want to.Has anyone here interviewed at UTK before and have any tips for me? I'm super nervous!!!
I've both interviewed and now been an interviewer for a few years! It's a very relaxed, conversational interview 🙂 a little bit different being over zoom, but we really just want to get to know you. It's a team of 2-3 people, usually 3, typically two doctors and a clinical year or PhD student. The only info we have beforehand is your experience hours and your essays. It's about 20 minutes of us taking turns asking you questions, and then time at the end for you to ask questions or tell us anything else you want to.
Just wondering what age the oldest student is in the DVM program currently? Wondering if I just need to give it up and quit wasting money on apps. Also, why is this a thing? Why can’t we be counted as competitive students? Ugh, so frustrating. [emoji20]
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure about currently, I'm not familiar with everyone in the current classes since I graduated last year, and I don't know if that information is published anywhere. There was someone in her 50s accepted in c/o 2019. Think the oldest in my class was late 30s or early 40s. I don't know details beyond that.Just wondering what age the oldest student is in the DVM program currently? Wondering if I just need to give it up and quit wasting money on apps. Also, why is this a thing? Why can’t we be counted as competitive students? Ugh, so frustrating. [emoji20]
I'm not sure about currently, I'm not familiar with everyone in the current classes since I graduated last year, and I don't know if that information is published anywhere. There was someone in her 50s accepted in c/o 2019. Think the oldest in my class was late 30s or early 40s. I don't know details beyond that.
50’s?! YES! You made my night. I only applied to one other place and I just looked up their stats and they haven’t accepted a student over 45 in any recent years. You’ve given me a tiny sliver of hope!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Did they state that had or do you know of applicants who were older? If not that doesn't necessarily mean anything about your chances - it might just mean they didn't get many (or any) applicants over 45 🙂50’s?! YES! You made my night. I only applied to one other place and I just looked up their stats and they haven’t accepted a student over 45 in any recent years. You’ve given me a tiny sliver of hope!
Did they state that had or do you know of applicants who were older? If not that doesn't necessarily mean anything about your chances - it might just mean they didn't get many (or any) applicants over 45 🙂
It’s on the website, they had hundreds of candidates over the last 5 years and clearly stop at 45. They even had a candidate age 62! I’m so impressed by that person!
Good luck to any in state people interviewing today and tomorrow!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I hope everyone who interviewed today had a great experience! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
@WildZoo How are interviews with only 2 interviewers scored when normally it's based on 3 on the panel? Are the scores equalized to be 50/50 instead of a ~33ish per interviewer?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's what I would guess, I don't actually know for sure@WildZoo How are interviews with only 2 interviewers scored when normally it's based on 3 on the panel? Are the scores equalized to be 50/50 instead of a ~33ish per interviewer?
You won't until December, probably.Has anyone from OOS received an email from Tennessee? Even one just confirming they received your app?
Any ideas when IS will hear back with decisions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lsexton11
Full Member
Nothing! OOSHas anyone from OOS received an email from Tennessee? Even one just confirming they received your app?
I interviewed on 10/22, they said middle of December.Any ideas when IS will hear back with decisions?
interesting, last year it looks like some decisions were sent out on dec 4! I guess it's still a waiting game then 🙂I interviewed on 10/22, they said middle of December.
D
deleted989551
Just checking again to see if any OOS students have received any emails yet? Thanks 🙂
Haven’t heard anything. The informational booklet/download on their site has December marked as when they send OOS interview invites!Just checking again to see if any OOS students have received any emails yet? Thanks 🙂
Tennessee's other vet school (LMU) is already releasing acceptances! I am hoping UTK hopefully lets us know soon! I am terrible at waiting🤣
There’s some differences though!! LMU does not differentiate between IS and OOS! AND LMU is not sending out ALL acceptances. Just early acceptances which is usually about 50 in past yearsTennessee's other vet school (LMU) is already releasing acceptances! I am hoping UTK hopefully lets us know soon! I am terrible at waiting🤣
For the last 3 years, IS interviewees heard back early December (1st week or so), both accepted and rejected. They are obviously completely different in every way compared to LMU so I wouldn't even try to begin comparing their timelines. I do know that applicant file reviewers had a soft deadline of mid November to have their packets scored so I would say at the latest, it will in fact be the middle of December. My gut tells me it will be the first week of Dec, maybe the last Friday of finals (the 9th). That is all complete speculation, though, because I can't help thinking and speculating. In all honesty, I have no idea and I don't think we can go off of any previous year's timeline other than in a really generalized way to make guesses. They will come when they come.Tennessee's other vet school (LMU) is already releasing acceptances! I am hoping UTK hopefully lets us know soon! I am terrible at waiting🤣
I genuinely think mid-december is them being generous and giving padding so they aren't getting tons of calls and emails...... I think it will be early December, at the latest maybe the last week of Finals which ends on the 9th. Last two years the emails were sent during/after finals and this year, finals at Dec 5-9. All complete speculation, though. None of us really know for sure! Good luck!I interviewed on 10/22, they said middle of December.
Oh boy. I mentioned LMU because it's the only other school I applied to that is releasing decisions, but TN will be releasing them possibly this week?? Commence terror😵
floofmaster3000
New Member
I agree - first or second week of December for sure. My bday is 12/9... A UTK acceptance would be the best gift 🙏🙏🙏
futurevet2104
Full Member
IS accepted!
IS accepted!
Congrats! [emoji322]
IS ACCEPTED!!!!
IS ACCEPTED!!!!
Aww, and you were terrified! Congratulations! No worries about LMU now either!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
literally so terrified, I thought I hallucinated the email! 😵 I AM SO EXCITED!Aww, and you were terrified! Congratulations! No worries about LMU now either!
futurewildlifedoc
Full Member
IS acceptance!!
IS wait list, so many of my friends received acceptances! Congratulations to you guys! Crossing my fingers to be pulled off the list
vet_ashlynn
UTCVM c/o 2025!
Hi guys, I am a first year at UTCVM and I just wanted to make myself available to anyone who has any questions about UT or wants to discuss anything about preparing for veterinary school. Congrats to those accepted and waitlisted this is a major accomplishment!!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Congrats everyone!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 4K