This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful_vet2026

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UTCVM applicant page for class of 2026! Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I’ve been looking for forums for the schools I applied to this cycle, and this is the first one I found!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone!! I'm a UTK grad and still around the school doing PhD things. If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way :)
I wonder if we have run into each other without knowing it - I am working with Dr. Whitlock and one of his PhD students quite a bit. Fingers crossed for me finally

• Care
I am still surprised that so few people have discovered the forum yet this year but it always builds up as the cycle goes on! Good luck to you guys! Are you IS or OOS?

First time OOS applicant to Tennessee!

I wonder if we have run into each other without knowing it - I am working with Dr. Whitlock and one of his PhD students quite a bit. Fingers crossed for me finally
We might! I'm usually not around the vet school itself though, I just pop on every once in a while :) my research is in a different department

I submitted on Sept 29 and no word yet! Will someone let me know if/when they first hear about interviews? I'm a bit unsure of the timeline since their website doesn't have a general timeline that I can find. I am IS too!

I submitted on Sept 29 and no word yet! Will someone let me know if/when they first hear about interviews? I'm a bit unsure of the timeline since their website doesn't have a general timeline that I can find. I am IS too!
Since you're in-state I expect you'll be hearing about interviews one way or the other pretty soon - IS interviews are supposed to be over Zoom the 22nd and 23rd of this month.

Just heard! Interview invite!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any OOS applicants gotten any sort of application received email or know if they do this?

Hi there! I am a first-time OOS applicant and I have not received any emails or other communications from them since my VMCAS was verified.
Same here, nothing yet!

Has anyone here interviewed at UTK before and have any tips for me? I'm super nervous!!!

Has anyone here interviewed at UTK before and have any tips for me? I'm super nervous!!!
I've both interviewed and now been an interviewer for a few years! It's a very relaxed, conversational interview :) a little bit different being over zoom, but we really just want to get to know you. It's a team of 2-3 people, usually 3, typically two doctors and a clinical year or PhD student. The only info we have beforehand is your experience hours and your essays. It's about 20 minutes of us taking turns asking you questions, and then time at the end for you to ask questions or tell us anything else you want to.

Reactions: 3 users
I've both interviewed and now been an interviewer for a few years! It's a very relaxed, conversational interview :) a little bit different being over zoom, but we really just want to get to know you. It's a team of 2-3 people, usually 3, typically two doctors and a clinical year or PhD student. The only info we have beforehand is your experience hours and your essays. It's about 20 minutes of us taking turns asking you questions, and then time at the end for you to ask questions or tell us anything else you want to.

Just wondering what age the oldest student is in the DVM program currently? Wondering if I just need to give it up and quit wasting money on apps. Also, why is this a thing? Why can’t we be counted as competitive students? Ugh, so frustrating.

Just wondering what age the oldest student is in the DVM program currently? Wondering if I just need to give it up and quit wasting money on apps. Also, why is this a thing? Why can’t we be counted as competitive students? Ugh, so frustrating.
I'm not sure about currently, I'm not familiar with everyone in the current classes since I graduated last year, and I don't know if that information is published anywhere. There was someone in her 50s accepted in c/o 2019. Think the oldest in my class was late 30s or early 40s. I don't know details beyond that.

I'm not sure about currently, I'm not familiar with everyone in the current classes since I graduated last year, and I don't know if that information is published anywhere. There was someone in her 50s accepted in c/o 2019. Think the oldest in my class was late 30s or early 40s. I don't know details beyond that.

50’s?! YES! You made my night. I only applied to one other place and I just looked up their stats and they haven’t accepted a student over 45 in any recent years. You’ve given me a tiny sliver of hope!

50’s?! YES! You made my night. I only applied to one other place and I just looked up their stats and they haven’t accepted a student over 45 in any recent years. You’ve given me a tiny sliver of hope!
Did they state that had or do you know of applicants who were older? If not that doesn't necessarily mean anything about your chances - it might just mean they didn't get many (or any) applicants over 45 :)

Did they state that had or do you know of applicants who were older? If not that doesn't necessarily mean anything about your chances - it might just mean they didn't get many (or any) applicants over 45 :)

It’s on the website, they had hundreds of candidates over the last 5 years and clearly stop at 45. They even had a candidate age 62! I’m so impressed by that person!

Good luck to any in state people interviewing today and tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users
@WildZoo How are interviews with only 2 interviewers scored when normally it's based on 3 on the panel? Are the scores equalized to be 50/50 instead of a ~33ish per interviewer?

@WildZoo How are interviews with only 2 interviewers scored when normally it's based on 3 on the panel? Are the scores equalized to be 50/50 instead of a ~33ish per interviewer?
That's what I would guess, I don't actually know for sure

Has anyone from OOS received an email from Tennessee? Even one just confirming they received your app?

Any ideas when IS will hear back with decisions?

I interviewed on 10/22, they said middle of December.
interesting, last year it looks like some decisions were sent out on dec 4! I guess it's still a waiting game then :)

Just checking again to see if any OOS students have received any emails yet? Thanks :)

Just checking again to see if any OOS students have received any emails yet? Thanks :)
Haven’t heard anything. The informational booklet/download on their site has December marked as when they send OOS interview invites!

Tennessee's other vet school (LMU) is already releasing acceptances! I am hoping UTK hopefully lets us know soon! I am terrible at waiting:rofl:

Tennessee's other vet school (LMU) is already releasing acceptances! I am hoping UTK hopefully lets us know soon! I am terrible at waiting:rofl:
There’s some differences though!! LMU does not differentiate between IS and OOS! AND LMU is not sending out ALL acceptances. Just early acceptances which is usually about 50 in past years

For the last 3 years, IS interviewees heard back early December (1st week or so), both accepted and rejected. They are obviously completely different in every way compared to LMU so I wouldn't even try to begin comparing their timelines. I do know that applicant file reviewers had a soft deadline of mid November to have their packets scored so I would say at the latest, it will in fact be the middle of December. My gut tells me it will be the first week of Dec, maybe the last Friday of finals (the 9th). That is all complete speculation, though, because I can't help thinking and speculating. In all honesty, I have no idea and I don't think we can go off of any previous year's timeline other than in a really generalized way to make guesses. They will come when they come.

I interviewed on 10/22, they said middle of December.
I genuinely think mid-december is them being generous and giving padding so they aren't getting tons of calls and emails...... I think it will be early December, at the latest maybe the last week of Finals which ends on the 9th. Last two years the emails were sent during/after finals and this year, finals at Dec 5-9. All complete speculation, though. None of us really know for sure! Good luck!

Oh boy. I mentioned LMU because it's the only other school I applied to that is releasing decisions, but TN will be releasing them possibly this week?? Commence terroro_O

I agree - first or second week of December for sure. My bday is 12/9... A UTK acceptance would be the best gift 🙏🙏🙏

IS wait list, so many of my friends received acceptances! Congratulations to you guys! Crossing my fingers to be pulled off the list

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys, I am a first year at UTCVM and I just wanted to make myself available to anyone who has any questions about UT or wants to discuss anything about preparing for veterinary school. Congrats to those accepted and waitlisted this is a major accomplishment!!

Reactions: 5 users