This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any OOS students that interviewed heard back about a final decision yet?
I was told by Mrs. Shepherd that we will get emails March 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection after interviewing on January 21st

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlist. Anyone know how much it moves?

• Care
OOS acceptance! Because I've been neurotic about timing, it was at 2:09 pm Feb 22 :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance :) I received my email at 2:09 pm (ET) Feb 22 also.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS rejection after interview. Congrats to those accepted!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi @WildZoo, would you mind me sending you some questions at some point? If it helps, I also have a bunny :) Here's a booty picture.
IMG_20220130_131017127_HDR.jpg

• Love
Late to the party, OOS waitlist!

I just spoke with Deborah about the waitlist. She said that there are 40 people on it, but no order to it. After April 15th has passed, the committee will get together and choose people from the list to fill the spots that are remaining. It can depend on diversity or she said a big factor could be area of interest (large animal, small animal, exotics, etc.).

Reactions: 2 users
Did other accepted students receive the email yesterday from Kayela Statom about CVM tours during the week of March 14? Whenever I click the signup link, the message says that no times are available during March.

Also, will there be an accepted students day also?

Did other accepted students receive the email yesterday from Kayela Statom about CVM tours during the week of March 14? Whenever I click the signup link, the message says that no times are available during March.

Also, will there be an accepted students day also?
I received it and see the same. I would just email her back and let her know. She would also probably know if there is an accepted student’s day.

Reactions: 1 user
I received it and see the same. I would just email her back and let her know. She would also probably know if there is an accepted student’s day.
OK I just emailed her about both. I'll let y'all know what she says :)

it might have all booked up - I scheduled like 2 minutes after I got the email and from what I could see there were only 3 dates available from march 14-18 and 4 times w/ 3 slots each for those 3 days

• Sad
it might have all booked up - I scheduled like 2 minutes after I got the email and from what I could see there were only 3 dates available from march 14-18 and 4 times w/ 3 slots each for those 3 days
Hmmm... That's only 36 tours, correct? That can't be all that's offered (I hope not).

Hmmm... That's only 36 tours, correct? That can't be all that's offered (I hope not).
Hopefully they only put out a few times to gauge interest and will open up more! Each slot allowed you to RSVP for a plus one so they might be seeing how many plus ones are coming and then will adjust and reopen the link.

Looking forward to meeting anyone who will be there on March 18th!

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for admitted students?

Anyone know when they send out scholarship info? Is it before April 15th or after matriculation?

Anyone know when they send out scholarship info? Is it before April 15th or after matriculation?
I spoke to the associate dean a while back and she said you apply for institutional scholarships after April 15th and you don't hear back until the late summer, but that most money goes to upperclassmen and first years shouldn't count on getting one. And you get the full amount of tuition/COA in loans I believe

Is anyone OOS accepted and declining their seat?
Hi! I am OOS and will probably decline in the next week or so. I applied to a lot of places and was already declining a couple spots to be closer to home (northeast). My parents had me wait to hear back from everywhere, even tho I have already declined places in the midwest in anticipation of going to my IS school. Hope that helps you!

Hi! I am OOS and will probably decline in the next week or so. I applied to a lot of places and was already declining a couple spots to be closer to home (northeast). My parents had me wait to hear back from everywhere, even tho I have already declined places in the midwest in anticipation of going to my IS school. Hope that helps you!
Awesome, thank you so much! My husband is finishing up his undergrad there in the fall and we’ve been dating long distance for 4 years (I’m a current student at Mississippi State) so it would be nice to not do long distance while married lol

• Care
Hi y'all! Mrs. Statom just added tour times to that link! Sign up asap if you are interested :)

Has anyone that has accepted their seat started looking for housing in the Knoxville area? I am struggling to find anything affordable and available for the 2022/2023 year.

housing in Knoxville is notoriously hard to find, I think a lot of people look for rooms opening up in houses rented by vet students though? UTK has started putting undergrad housing on a lottery system which means a lot of undergrads are moving into off campus housing, which decreases its availability. I'm still not sure if I'm going to UT yet but I scoped out housing in the west Knoxville area, near the Costco if that helps any :)

What are y'all wearing for the tour? I'll be there this Friday - excited to meet everyone!

Why am i crying?!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You’ve been everyone’s hype woman for years and DESERVE THIS!!
Oh my gosh, I got the call at 8:43am this morning so your decline quite literally became my acceptance. Thank you!!

• Love
Just gave up my OOS seat as I got into my #1! Good luck to everyone waitlisted :)

I can’t believe I finally get to ask these questions but it’s finally sunk in that it’s happening for me. Do they usually send info on anatomy Boot Camp and welcome day during the summer or just after the 15th? Who makes the c/o 2026 Facebook group? @WildZoo @BigCatFanatic2727

Just declined my OOS seat! I am so excited for whoever it goes to! Best of luck to you all

I can’t believe I finally get to ask these questions but it’s finally sunk in that it’s happening for me. Do they usually send info on anatomy Boot Camp and welcome day during the summer or just after the 15th? Who makes the c/o 2026 Facebook group? @WildZoo @BigCatFanatic2727
The officers of the current 1st year class will make the facebook group, they typically wait until after April 15th.

I'm far enough out now that I don't remember when they sent out anatomy bootcamp info, my class was the first where it was offered and I didn't do it so those details aren't in my brain anymore!

Congrats!

I'm a current first year E-board member. We have the facebook group set up and a few people are starting to join. You can find it under "UTCVM Class of 2026." There are a few other E-board members on there as well. I attended the boot camp last summer and I think they sent the email with info in late April last year. It is definitely not necessary to do well in anatomy, but I think it is super helpful and would do it again. The camp is usually two weeks during the very end of July and early August. I think we had about one week between the end of boot camp and the beginning of leadership camp/orientation.

Congrats!

I'm a current first year E-board member. We have the facebook group set up and a few people are starting to join. You can find it under "UTCVM Class of 2026." There are a few other E-board members on there as well. I attended the boot camp last summer and I think they sent the email with info in late April last year. It is definitely not necessary to do well in anatomy, but I think it is super helpful and would do it again. The camp is usually two weeks during the very end of July and early August. I think we had about one week between the end of boot camp and the beginning of leadership camp/orientation.
I searched it but can't find it, maybe because it's private?

Congrats!

Eh I found it, had to only search by "utcvm class of" but I requested to join!

Does anyone now know about how long it’ll take for the committee to get together and choose who to pull off the OOS waitlist?