Tennessee c/o 2028 hopefully

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping we near back soon I’m getting anxious
This is the week and it's probably going to be Friday but it would be lovely if it was before then!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I would say we would have to hear from them by Thursday (I know know the email said 26/27 for interviews, but there’s no way they’d do it on Saturday, so I feel like they meant the 25/26 for interviews) I could be wrong! So hopefully we will hear something by tomorrow!!

Isn’t the out of state interview this weekend? I’m confused why oos haven’t heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say we would have to hear from them by Thursday (I know know the email said 26/27 for interviews, but there’s no way they’d do it on Saturday, so I feel like they meant the 25/26 for interviews) I could be wrong! So hopefully we will hear something by tomorrow!!
Ohio state is doing Saturday interviews. I wouldn’t be surprised!

Reactions: 1 user
I went back and looked at the instate responses and it seems like they were told on a Friday.. maybe it will be the same for us OOS?

Im also getting anxious! /:
I know we are all anxious to hear back but don't get anxious because you haven't heard anything yet! None of the oos have heard so right now we are all in the same boat/playing field! I was hoping to hear today but I truly think it probably will be tomorrow.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I also think it will be tomorrow. Knoxville was just hit with an abnormal amount of snow so UT has been shut down all week too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently UT is closed again today, so at this point, who knows when we will hear back.

Apparently UT is closed again today, so at this point, who knows when we will hear back.
I mean unless they move back the interview days, I think they have to send them out today because today makes a week out from the interview.

I mean unless they move back the interview days, I think they have to send them out today because today makes a week out from the interview.
It seems like they’re probably still emailing/meeting over zoom even if the campus is closed because you’d think they’d send an email to expect delays or something by now since the weathers been bad all week.

My guess would also be a scheduled email. I doubt they are making decisions this close to the interviews. They most likely have a system that can send them all

Reactions: 2 users
OOS Rejection also! Good luck to everyone else! :)

OOS Rejection. :(
Best of luck to everyone <3

• Care
I didn’t get one
Looks like they're coming out in waves! I just got mine, honestly seems like the longer without an email maybe the better as it looks like a lot of rejections are coming out first!

OOS Rejection - Saw this one coming from a mile away. Good luck everyone!

Oos rejection. They mentioned I didn’t make it past the academic review which surprised me cause all my gpas were 3.7 or above and I made it past Illinois’ academic review, must’ve been a tough year

OOS Acceptance? It says I don't have to interview, very pleasantly surprised!

Oos rejection. They mentioned I didn’t make it past the academic review which surprised me cause all my gpas were 3.7 or above and I made it past Illinois’ academic review, must’ve been a tough year
Same for me! 3.8 GPA

Same thing happened to me. Assuming its because they only take 30 OOS.

OOS acceptance, no interview, also incredibly pleasantly surprised???

Does anyone know what the OOS gpa cutoffs were for interviews? I got an OOS rejection and was surprised it was academic related :( I have a 3.85, but I assume it’s just a competitive year
I'll be honest I don't think it was really a GPA cutoff that was the thing here (they labeled it an academic profile score--seems like they were giving all applicants a score based on their classes/grades/etc). I assume they looked at more things than just cGPA, and it probably has more to do with the fact that they only accept 25 OOS seats usually. To anyone who has those high GPAs I wouldn't take it too personally, it seems like a rough road to get accepted OOS to UTK!!!

Everyone that has commented their GPAs, those are for sure competitive GPAs but I think they had to start cutting somewhere with so few seats available. You should still be very proud of yourselves with those GPAs and im sorry it didn't happen for you in this case :( <3

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else see in the email it says the interview is about 25 minutes? I feel that is surprisingly pretty short for an interview