Tennessee c/o 2028 hopefully

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else see in the email it says the interview is about 25 minutes? I feel that is surprisingly pretty short for an interview
Yep I saw that, I was surprised. Did your email also have a typo saying the optional zoom meeting is October 18, 2023? Mine did and I’m wondering when it actually is😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any tips for the interview and know if its more like behavioral or MMI Style?
Were you able to attend the informational meeting they held? They told us it would be a 25min interview (hard cutoff) and there would be 2-3 people (a faculty member, alumni, and current student). Also they mentioned they would only have your personal statement and vet experience (no grades). Hope this helps!
 
First time OOS applicant. Just had my interview but didn't think to ask when I would be hearing back, any ideas on decision turn around time for these most recent interview sessions?
 
First time OOS applicant. Just had my interview but didn't think to ask when I would be hearing back, any ideas on decision turn around time for these most recent interview sessions?
I didn't ask during mine yesterday's, completely forgot too lol. But in the zoom call from Wednesday they said around Valentine's Day and last year after OOS interview, it was almost exactly two weeks later they heard back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found this forum and good luck everyone, I’m getting tired of waiting on the edge of my seat also!

I wasn’t even expecting to find out this soon, I thought it would be around spring break! 😂
 
They said on the zoom call, that was on Jan.24th, that we would hear by Valentines Day. In the same zoom call they said they would try to send them out before Valentines day so any Valentine day plans wouldn't be ruin.
Oh I must have heard wrong, I can't stop refreshing my email now lol XD
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish they would just tell us today there’s no way they’re still making decisions [emoji854] I thought my interview went great and I’m still so unsure.
 
I wish they would just tell us today there’s no way they’re still making decisions [emoji854] I thought my interview went great and I’m still so unsure.
Same here! And they really did their job and sold me on the school during mine and why it would be a great fit for me so now its much higher on my list
 
Same here! And they really did their job and sold me on the school during mine and why it would be a great fit for me so now its much higher on my list

Dude same. I had no students on my panel, only specialists who were also surgeons. My interest is surgery and they all had really good advice on it and respected why I wanted to do it. My IS is UC Davis but tbh… UT is my number one now. If I don’t get in this year I’m applying again.
 
Dude same. I had no students on my panel, only specialists who were also surgeons. My interest is surgery and they all had really good advice on it and respected why I wanted to do it. My IS is UC Davis but tbh… UT is my number one now. If I don’t get in this year I’m applying again.
Me too with the no students on my panel. I have some unique interests I wasn't sure UT would be able to cater to but they certainly sold me. It is quite far from home and wasn't top on my list going into the interview but they certainly did their job well 🤣
 
Me too with the no students on my panel. I have some unique interests I wasn't sure UT would be able to cater to but they certainly sold me. It is quite far from home and wasn't top on my list going into the interview but they certainly did their job well 🤣

I only applied to 4 schools as this is my first round. My main points for choosing were: cost, specialty diversity in small animal (especially surgical), on site learning hospitals, and good NAVLE pass rates. They sold me on the school at the interview workshop and again at the interview. *sigh* I want to go there so bad.
 
I only applied to 4 schools as this is my first round. My main points for choosing were: cost, specialty diversity in small animal (especially surgical), on site learning hospitals, and good NAVLE pass rates. They sold me on the school at the interview workshop and again at the interview. *sigh* I want to go there so bad.
I'm rooting for you!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad