Texas A&M c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shee-p

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy y'all! :) Applied IS. I went to A&M for undergrad and loved it. Anyone else applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Howdy y'all! :) Applied IS. I went to A&M for undergrad and loved it. Anyone else applying?
I am! I'm applying OOS though, so it's a long shot but I would love to go there!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes!!! I'm going through the excited/scared/intimidated/excited/anxious/excited loop right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is making me super nervous! December 21st seems so far away. :barf:

The wait is making me super nervous! December 21st seems so far away. :barf:
Hi! I was reading some of the other threads and it looks like the last few years TAMU has sent the interview emails a few days early!

Wait, where does it say anything about Dec. 21st?? I’ll admit, their website kinda confuses me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lol I just found it. SMH
IMG_4653.JPG

Hi! I was reading some of the other threads and it looks like the last few years TAMU has sent the interview emails a few days early!
I noticed that too! Hopefully we hear sooner than Dec 21st. :shy:

I applied to TAMU in state. I currently go to TAMU-Texarkana. Someone I knew that applied to TAMU last application cycle received an email that she was invited to interview a few days before the date posted on their website.

I got a letter in the mail a few days ago, denied! Oh well

Received some snail mail from TAMU CVM today saying I have met all preprofessional course requirements. The letter also states that all Fall 2018 transcripts must be submitted to TMDSAS by January 11, 2019. We should be notified of an interview status by December 21, 2018. Interviews are January 4 and 5, 2019.

Got the same letter today regarding classes and interviews.

I never received an email from TAMU today. I checked my spam and checked again to make sure TMDSAS has my correct email address. Have y'all received any other emails from TAMU since submitting your applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
I never received an email from TAMU today. I checked my spam and checked again to make sure TMDSAS has my correct email address. Have y'all received any other emails from TAMU since submitting your applications?
Nope haven’t gotten anything

I am not home to check, but last year this letter came through regular mail not your email.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

I am not home to check, but last year this letter came through regular mail not your email.

Sent from my SM-G920T

I misread it. After you said not your email, I went back up and read the other posts again and it says letter. I just assumed email. Thanks, it will probably arrive in the next few days.

I misread it. After you said not your email, I went back up and read the other posts again and it says letter. I just assumed email. Thanks, it will probably arrive in the next few days.

Mine probably arrived quickly because I live a little over an hour away from College Station.

I’m like 6 hrs away from college station and got my course requirements letter today

Yep, got my course requirements mail yesterday. I nearly died thinking I was denied, before I realized they just wanted to let me know I needed to complete animal nutrition (which I am)

I got mine too yesterday. They didn't take my statistics course for some reason. I am going to call tomorrow and figure out why.

Same!! I’m very frustrated about it
I called today. They said they did not take it when they first saw it is because it was coded MATH 1342 instead of being in the statistics department. My school is so small that they don't have a statistics department so my Elementary Statistical Methods course was coded in the math department. They told me to email them the syllabus and they would review it to see if it met the statistics requirement. It should go through because using Texas Common Course Numbering my course is equivalent to the course at Prairie View A&M and they accept their course.

I called today. They said they did not take it when they first saw it is because it was coded MATH 1342 instead of being in the statistics department. My school is so small that they don't have a statistics department so my Elementary Statistical Methods course was coded in the math department. They told me to email them the syllabus and they would review it to see if it met the statistics requirement. It should go through because using Texas Common Course Numbering my course is equivalent to the course at Prairie View A&M and they accept their course.
They fixed mine too for a similar reason. I’m so relieved lol I hated stats and thought I was gonna have to take it again

Let us know what they say about your Math 1342. I have the same class as well, but it was a lower level statistics. I am signed up for an upper level statistics in the spring.

Last edited:
Has anybody not received their letter yet? I am trying to decide if I need to wait longer or go ahead and call to figure it out...

Let us know what they say about your Math 1342. I have the same class as well, but it was a lower level statistics. I am signed up for an upper level statistics in the spring.
They denied my statistics course so if I get an interview I will have to take an upper-level statistics course.

I went ahead and called. They send the letters out in batches once they are finished so there are still some that have not been mailed if anyone else is wondering. :)

Reactions: 3 users
How long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it

also, they didn't say I was lacking animal nutrition in the letter even though I'm currently enrolled in that course and haven't started it yet :laugh:

How long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it

I sent it to TAMU at 3:15 PM on Monday and got a response that they wouldn’t take it at 10:15AM today. I resent another syllabus for a different statistics course and awaiting response.

Just got a reply from Yolanda about the second syllabus. It has been approved.

I sent mine yesterday around 1pm and had a response by today in the morning

I also haven’t received a letter. I’m applying OOS. But starting to get concerned....

I’m OOS and I haven’t received a letter yet either. But that may be because I’m on the East Coast...

I live in College Station and already received mine. It was dated November 20th. I'm sure they're sending the rest out soon!

Did anyone else receive an email this morning that their GRE scores were not received? I used one of my free score reports on the day I took my exam to send my scores to TAMU (institution code 6812, I triple checked) and the other schools I sent them to received them so idk I just thought it was weird that TAMU did not and was curious if anyone else was in the same boat!

I did not receive an email from A&M. I sent my scores to 6 schools and I had to resend them again to 3 of the schools at my own expense. I called each school in early October to confirm receipt. That is how I found out who did not receive them.

Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily

Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily

Last year, the only snail mail we got was that letter saying you completed the prerequisites. The interview invites went out per email a few days before the final deadline that was on the website.

Have y'all tried emailing TAMU? The letter I got was just a prerequisite letter. However, it was a rejection letter to those who didn't meet the GPA requirements or had too many outstanding prerequisites.
Do you only get an email if you don't fulfill the prerequisites or also if you are good to go? And thanks, I'll probably email them if i don't get any mail within the week.

Do you only get an email if you don't fulfill the prerequisites or also if you are good to go? And thanks, I'll probably email them if i don't get any mail within the week.

I think everybody is suppose to get the letter. I finished all my prerequisites last December, and I got the letter in November basically stating I am good to go.

I think everybody is suppose to get the letter. I finished all my prerequisites last December, and I got the letter in November basically stating I am good to go.
I finally have mine too (paper mail) that says I am good to go. It just came in Dec 4. I think this is the only paper mail everyone is supposed to receive and then if you are eligible for an interview you will get an email in about two weeks saying if you were chosen to interview or not.

Reactions: 2 users
I finally have mine too (paper mail) that says I am good to go. It just came in Dec 4. I think this is the only paper mail everyone is supposed to receive and then if you are eligible for an interview you will get an email in about two weeks saying if you were chosen to interview or not.

If you don’t mind me asking, what state are you from? Bc I’m wondering if it’s taking so long because I’m so far away from Texas, or possibly because my last name is close to the end of the alphabet lol

If you don’t mind me asking, what state are you from? Bc I’m wondering if it’s taking so long because I’m so far away from Texas, or possibly because my last name is close to the end of the alphabet lol

Texas, I live about two hours from College Station. I called when others starting receiving letters just to make sure they were not all sent at once and she said mine would be sent soon. They are just sending them out as they finish them I guess but I wanted to make sure I was on the list haha.