You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M c/o 2023
Started by shee-p
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am! I'm applying OOS though, so it's a long shot but I would love to go there!Howdy y'all! 🙂 Applied IS. I went to A&M for undergrad and loved it. Anyone else applying?
D
deleted955210
Yes!!! I'm going through the excited/scared/intimidated/excited/anxious/excited loop right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
Hi! I was reading some of the other threads and it looks like the last few years TAMU has sent the interview emails a few days early!The wait is making me super nervous! December 21st seems so far away.![]()
D
deleted955210
The wait is making me super nervous! December 21st seems so far away.![]()
Wait, where does it say anything about Dec. 21st?? I’ll admit, their website kinda confuses me.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted955210
Wait, where does it say anything about Dec. 21st?? I’ll admit, their website kinda confuses me.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Lol I just found it. SMH
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I noticed that too! Hopefully we hear sooner than Dec 21st.Hi! I was reading some of the other threads and it looks like the last few years TAMU has sent the interview emails a few days early!
I got a letter in the mail a few days ago, denied! Oh well
Received some snail mail from TAMU CVM today saying I have met all preprofessional course requirements. The letter also states that all Fall 2018 transcripts must be submitted to TMDSAS by January 11, 2019. We should be notified of an interview status by December 21, 2018. Interviews are January 4 and 5, 2019.
Nope haven’t gotten anythingI never received an email from TAMU today. I checked my spam and checked again to make sure TMDSAS has my correct email address. Have y'all received any other emails from TAMU since submitting your applications?
I am not home to check, but last year this letter came through regular mail not your email.I never received an email from TAMU today. I checked my spam and checked again to make sure TMDSAS has my correct email address. Have y'all received any other emails from TAMU since submitting your applications?
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not home to check, but last year this letter came through regular mail not your email.
Sent from my SM-G920T
I misread it. After you said not your email, I went back up and read the other posts again and it says letter. I just assumed email. Thanks, it will probably arrive in the next few days.
I misread it. After you said not your email, I went back up and read the other posts again and it says letter. I just assumed email. Thanks, it will probably arrive in the next few days.
Mine probably arrived quickly because I live a little over an hour away from College Station.
I’m like 6 hrs away from college station and got my course requirements letter today
D
deleted955210
Yep, got my course requirements mail yesterday. I nearly died thinking I was denied, before I realized they just wanted to let me know I needed to complete animal nutrition (which I am) [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same!! I’m very frustrated about itI got mine too yesterday. They didn't take my statistics course for some reason. I am going to call tomorrow and figure out why.
I called today. They said they did not take it when they first saw it is because it was coded MATH 1342 instead of being in the statistics department. My school is so small that they don't have a statistics department so my Elementary Statistical Methods course was coded in the math department. They told me to email them the syllabus and they would review it to see if it met the statistics requirement. It should go through because using Texas Common Course Numbering my course is equivalent to the course at Prairie View A&M and they accept their course.Same!! I’m very frustrated about it
They fixed mine too for a similar reason. I’m so relieved lol I hated stats and thought I was gonna have to take it againI called today. They said they did not take it when they first saw it is because it was coded MATH 1342 instead of being in the statistics department. My school is so small that they don't have a statistics department so my Elementary Statistical Methods course was coded in the math department. They told me to email them the syllabus and they would review it to see if it met the statistics requirement. It should go through because using Texas Common Course Numbering my course is equivalent to the course at Prairie View A&M and they accept their course.
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
Has anybody not received their letter yet? I am trying to decide if I need to wait longer or go ahead and call to figure it out...
They denied my statistics course so if I get an interview I will have to take an upper-level statistics course.Let us know what they say about your Math 1342. I have the same class as well, but it was a lower level statistics. I am signed up for an upper level statistics in the spring.
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
I went ahead and called. They send the letters out in batches once they are finished so there are still some that have not been mailed if anyone else is wondering. 🙂
vetmedicine
Full Member
How long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it
vetmedicine
Full Member
also, they didn't say I was lacking animal nutrition in the letter even though I'm currently enrolled in that course and haven't started it yet 

How long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it
I sent it to TAMU at 3:15 PM on Monday and got a response that they wouldn’t take it at 10:15AM today. I resent another syllabus for a different statistics course and awaiting response.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a reply from Yolanda about the second syllabus. It has been approved.How long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it
I sent mine yesterday around 1pm and had a response by today in the morningHow long did they take to review the syllabus for anyone who had to send one in? I sent in my syllabus yesterday for my stats course STA2014 and really hoping they will accept it
heathers0101
Full Member
Has anybody not received their letter yet? I am trying to decide if I need to wait longer or go ahead and call to figure it out...
I also haven’t received a letter. I’m applying OOS. But starting to get concerned....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I also haven’t received a letter. I’m applying OOS. But starting to get concerned....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I’m OOS and I haven’t received a letter yet either. But that may be because I’m on the East Coast...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I live in College Station and already received mine. It was dated November 20th. I'm sure they're sending the rest out soon!
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
heathers0101
Full Member
I’m OOS and I haven’t received a letter yet either. But that may be because I’m on the East Coast...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same. I’m in NJ.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
futurebevobreeder
New Member
Did anyone else receive an email this morning that their GRE scores were not received? I used one of my free score reports on the day I took my exam to send my scores to TAMU (institution code 6812, I triple checked) and the other schools I sent them to received them so idk I just thought it was weird that TAMU did not and was curious if anyone else was in the same boat!
vetmedicine
Full Member
Did they give anyone a reason as to why they wouldn't take your course?
Did they give anyone a reason as to why they wouldn't take your course?
They told me they denied my statistics course because it was coded as a freshman course.
Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily[emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
I have notHas anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily[emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using
Last year, the only snail mail we got was that letter saying you completed the prerequisites. The interview invites went out per email a few days before the final deadline that was on the website.Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily[emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
I have not![]()
I haven’t either 🙁Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily[emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has anyone else gotten snail mail from A&M recently? Been checking my mailbox daily[emoji28]
I have not![]()
I haven’t either 🙁
Have y'all tried emailing TAMU? The letter I got was just a prerequisite letter. However, it was a rejection letter to those who didn't meet the GPA requirements or had too many outstanding prerequisites.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you only get an email if you don't fulfill the prerequisites or also if you are good to go? And thanks, I'll probably email them if i don't get any mail within the week.Have y'all tried emailing TAMU? The letter I got was just a prerequisite letter. However, it was a rejection letter to those who didn't meet the GPA requirements or had too many outstanding prerequisites.
Do you only get an email if you don't fulfill the prerequisites or also if you are good to go? And thanks, I'll probably email them if i don't get any mail within the week.
I think everybody is suppose to get the letter. I finished all my prerequisites last December, and I got the letter in November basically stating I am good to go.
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
I finally have mine too (paper mail) that says I am good to go. It just came in Dec 4. I think this is the only paper mail everyone is supposed to receive and then if you are eligible for an interview you will get an email in about two weeks saying if you were chosen to interview or not.I think everybody is suppose to get the letter. I finished all my prerequisites last December, and I got the letter in November basically stating I am good to go.
I finally have mine too (paper mail) that says I am good to go. It just came in Dec 4. I think this is the only paper mail everyone is supposed to receive and then if you are eligible for an interview you will get an email in about two weeks saying if you were chosen to interview or not.
If you don’t mind me asking, what state are you from? Bc I’m wondering if it’s taking so long because I’m so far away from Texas, or possibly because my last name is close to the end of the alphabet lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
TAMU Vet_11
Full Member
Texas, I live about two hours from College Station. I called when others starting receiving letters just to make sure they were not all sent at once and she said mine would be sent soon. They are just sending them out as they finish them I guess but I wanted to make sure I was on the list haha.If you don’t mind me asking, what state are you from? Bc I’m wondering if it’s taking so long because I’m so far away from Texas, or possibly because my last name is close to the end of the alphabet lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
