Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At least we know there's at least like 5 spots open right?

This might actually be one of the best reasons to be an SDNer. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

This might actually be one of the best reasons to be an SDNer. ;)
can also be the worst... knowing throughout the coming months that spots are still opening up and not getting a call. lol

So is the glass half full or half empty? :laugh:

But I will agree with you.

I thought this thread would have been on fire with people getting calls today but I guess people either haven't posted or calls haven't gone out yet...I'm still waiting :(

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think he'll start calling today? or until the next interview date is conducted??

I would say he calls tomorrow...at least that will be the big one where he will call for all the denials so far. Then it will be a random call here and there until the week before school/ they fill up. When are the next interviews?

I would say he calls tomorrow...at least that will be the big one where he will call for all the denials so far. Then it will be a random call here and there until the week before school/ they fill up. When are the next interviews?

I don't believe they have scheduled any as of yet. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). No telling of when they will call guys, just hang in there. I'm sure it'll be soon!

So would they call or let you know whether if you are denied?

Only people who are getting in will receive phone calls. Everyone else is considered "waitlisted," not denied, since the wait list is constantly moving right up to the first day.

Ok...got a call today from Dr Robertson but I was at work and just got off at 11 pm. Now I'm kind of freaking out that he might've given my spot away bc I couldn't call back today. Def will call him first thing in the morning

Ok...got a call today from Dr Robertson but I was at work and just got off at 11 pm. Now I'm kind of freaking out that he might've given my spot away bc I couldn't call back today. Def will call him first thing in the morning

Lol, dont worry, he gives you some time to call him back. I got a phone call while I was in my BioChem II lab. It was too late for me to call him back (8pm) so I called him at noon the next day to give him my acceptance.

Lol, dont worry, he gives you some time to call him back. I got a phone call while I was in my BioChem II lab. It was too late for me to call him back (8pm) so I called him at noon the next day to give him my acceptance.

So I work at 8. Do you know if he'll be in his office like 7:30?

I don't believe they have scheduled any as of yet. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). No telling of when they will call guys, just hang in there. I'm sure it'll be soon!

I know I had an issue with my Student Affairs Calendar today and I am hesitant to trust it, but I see this on there, so I assume it's already scheduled.

Attachments

• interviews.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 65
Members don't see this ad :)
So I work at 8. Do you know if he'll be in his office like 7:30?

He MIGHT be, but their office doesn't open til 8 or 9am. I wouldn't worry too much. I called him the next day too. I think sometime during a break or lunch will be just fine.

Congratulations! :thumbup:

I just got a call from Dr. Robertson! I'M IN! I'm so happy but I'm trying to hold back the tears!

omg i'm so happy for you guys! wish its my turn next!

Yeah I wonder if he calls just one after another or takes breaks? I hope I get called:(

i think the waiting is the most difficult part of this whole application process

This might be a dumb question, but is someone hasn't been called for an interview yet, is it safe to assume they are on the "denied" list???

This might be a dumb question, but is someone hasn't been called for an interview yet, is it safe to assume they are on the "denied" list???

not necessarily. its been stated earlier in this thread that they have a few interview dates later on as well in order to fill the remaining seats. it just depends on how many people decline their admission offers.

I just got a call from Dr. Robertson! I'M IN! I'm so happy but I'm trying to hold back the tears!

Congrats!:thumbup:
And let the tears flow! Last year, I actually cried while on the phone with Dr Robertson. :)

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!! There is a Facebook page going. I think only about 5 people are on so far. There may be a link somewhere on this thread so go find it and send a request so we can all get to know each other! I'm Lisa V., by the way.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!! There is a Facebook page going. I think only about 5 people are on so far. There may be a link somewhere on this thread so go find it and send a request so we can all get to know each other! I'm Lisa V., by the way.

it's on page 10

I tried looking for the facebook page but I couldn't find it, does any one have the link?

Edit: NM I found it, here it is if any one else needs it :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/273255822750783/

May I join? We did last year to help answer any of your questions and get to know you guys. I think it worked out well. Except it later ended up being a general TAMHSC Pharmacy group because it was full of P2s and P3s too. haha.

Does anyone know when school will start in the fall? I still have to take OCHEM II this summer and the class doesn't end until August 16th.

Does anyone know when school will start in the fall? I still have to take OCHEM II this summer and the class doesn't end until August 16th.

Last year we started on the 15th (but had to be there by the 8th for orientation week)

Sorry, I was in classes all day yesterday and didn't help with the facebook links. And of course existing students can join, we'd love to bug you with all of our questions :-D

Just apply to join, and I'm pretty much approving everyone indiscriminately.

So there's a pre-orientation in June and a week-long orientation in August?

That is pretty much correct. Use your time in pre-orientation to look for a place to live and then when orientation comes around, you'll get the fun stuff where the organizations will try to recruit you. There will also be rush events from Kappa Psi and Phi Delta Chi going on, so be sure to check those out.

When you get to your P2 year, you'll be here just for the orientation period due to recertification stuff (unless they change it again) and there will be some things that you might be trying to do for whatever organizations you join (such as preparing to recruit students or preparing for the year ahead).

stats on new people being accepted? Though irrelevant now, but still just keeping the numbers game alive. :)

That is pretty much correct. Use your time in pre-orientation to look for a place to live and then when orientation comes around, you'll get the fun stuff where the organizations will try to recruit you. There will also be rush events from Kappa Psi and Phi Delta Chi going on, so be sure to check those out.

Do the organizations ever have events on Saturdays that you know of? I'm planning on coming home every weekend but I also want to be involved with organizations

stats on new people being accepted? Though irrelevant now, but still just keeping the numbers game alive. :)

GPA: 3.78
PCAT: 62 (I know its low)
Experience: Shadowed in hospital and retail pharmacy, Pharmacy tech certified
No bachelors
LOR: Director of pharmacy from hospital, Microbio and ochem 1&2 professor
Interview: I thought I did good but I think I could have done a little better

GPA: 3.2 (blah)
PCAT: 80
Experience: Shadowed in a local pharmacy for a few months
Bachelors back in 2004 - I'm OLD (in comparison to most of you)!
Interview: nervous wreck! but ok i guess?

Y'all do a point system there? How does it break down? Does a bachelor degree add any points and what about experience?

10 pts = GPA
10 pts = PCAT
30 pts = Letters of Recommendation
25 pts = Interview
75 pts = TOTAL

4 - 5 pts = **Bonus (South Texas Resident, Advanced degree, Pharmacy Technician Certification, etc. I know these do exist as I sat on the interview panel last year. Yes 3rd and possibly 4th year students interview applicants.)**

So if an applicant has a 3.3 GPA, 87 PCAT, and 3 great letters (really who is going to write you a bad letter at this point), the points would be:
GPA 3.3/4.0 = 8.25/10
PCAT 87/99 = 8.78/10
Letters (3 at 10 pts each) = 28/30 (ok one recommender didn't really like the person)
Pre-interview score = 45.03/50 (pretty good chance this person is getting interviewed)
If the interview goes well 22/25 (believe me this is a high interview score some people were bad...:eek:) or so you're looking at 65.03/75. But do NOT get too focused on the numbers it is just a rating scale things could change. If you are invited for an interview:
1. Prepare!
2. Be familiar with the program (one of my favorite questions was "What do you think of our curriculum?")
3. Practice!
4. Relax (please don't cry during the interview :scared:)

Here's the breakdown, it was posted a long time ago

Is anyone planning on living in Javelina Station? I wanted to try and find a room mate if anyone is interested, I'm a girl.

Do the organizations ever have events on Saturdays that you know of? I'm planning on coming home every weekend but I also want to be involved with organizations

All organizations will have some events on the weekend. Considering (if I'm not mistaken) you're close to the Valley, you should be fine either way. I mean, for some things, you will have to be down here (e.g. Rush events that may be on the weekend as well as some other events such as service learning), but you're a mere... 1.5-2 hour drive away?

However, given your (assumed) location, there will be some service learning opportunities down in the Valley so that you can actually go home to do those on the weekend. That, of course, is more towards your benefit, but if you want to be truly active in any of the organizations, keep in mind that there will be occasions where you may want/need to stay in town.

I think the points system has changed a bit. I remember Dr. Robertson giving me this:

25 - Interview
15 - GPA
15 - PCAT
10 - LoR
10 - Essay

Does anyone remember anything different from this year?

Either way, neither system counts a bachelor's as any solid points, but all of your experiences are fair game to talk up in your interview, which is where most of the points are.

I got a call from Dr. Robertson around 2:30 today I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! Well worth the horrible wait!!:):D

GPA: 3.2 (blah)
PCAT: 80
Experience: Shadowed in a local pharmacy for a few months
Bachelors back in 2004 - I'm OLD (in comparison to most of you)!
Interview: nervous wreck! but ok i guess?

Hey, I got my Bachelors Degree in 2004 and I'm not old! ;)

LOL! well im not old either just "older" than most that applied.

LOL! well im not old either just "older" than most that applied.

Expect that to be the case in any class/school you enter. I think the 2015 class has the youngest members. If my memory hasn't failed me (which it did on Tuesday morning... :'( ), then 2014's average was around... 23? I remember being under, but not by much.