Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just talked to someone in the admissions office, they said you only have to keep a 2.75 this semester.

Haha really? I was planning on making all Cs. All of my classes are practically electives anyway. Just need to graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

The sharing of stats will lead to comparisons that will lead to anxiety.

Not only that, but as one of the posts before said, interviews count the most.

I got in with a 3.2 and a 72 with no degree and about two years of tech experience. Not very competitive, but I guess my interview knocked it out of the water.

My stats are: gpa is 3.83 and pcat 62. No Bachelor degree and no pharmacy expercience just some volunteering at a hospital pharmacy for couple of months.
I thought my interview did not go well but obviously it did:). I am over the moon:laugh:...I feel I worked my butt off for this and it's time to get some reward for all the hard work.

Good luck to all.

For all of you who got accepted, who is seriously planning on accepting the offer? or are you waiting for other schools?

Comparing your stats to those who have been accepted into the program will not help you in any way.

Have confidence in yourself and hope for the best. I understand it is nerve-wrecking, but you have done everything you can up to this point already.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry so much about stats!! Seriously! If you got an interview, your stats are good enough. I genuinely think the interview will be the biggest game changer.

Ok, I posted earlier but I don't see it anywhere (so forgive me if this is repetitive). I'm happy to say that I got accepted!!! Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

Don't worry so much about stats!! Seriously! If you got an interview, your stats are good enough. I genuinely think the interview will be the biggest game changer.

This.

After the interview, your "stats" become largely irrelevant.

This.

After the interview, your "stats" become largely irrelevant.
true dat!

by this point they already deemed you worthy.

its just a matter of where you rank as a whole now with the points (a good chunk being made up of ur interview).

Where there a lot of people last year who didn't get the initial acceptance letter, but got a call later on and was accepted?

Congrats to all who have been accepted!! They finally responded saying they received my last recommendation letter. So hopefully I'll be hearing good news soon?!? :xf::luck::confused:

Congratulations! :)

Edit:

Like I said, don't freak out yet. I think I got my email LATE in the afternoon while others got theirs early in the morning.
How LATE in the afternoon? Like 7pm? Though that would technically fall under "Evening" at that point right? lol

Hi all! Congrats to those accepted!
I was just wondering, I know they don't send out denial letters because of the ranking system, but do they send out emails saying if we are waitlisted or something that indicates that?

thanks!

I graduated from TAMUCC in 2004 after finishing up at Del Mar in 2002. For the last 6 years I've lived in Fort Worth, but I'm a single mom now and am ready to get back to CC to be close to family.

I meant to respond to this earlier but never got around to it. Congrats on getting accepted!!! Im so happy for you because I was a single mom too for a long time so I know first hand how challenging it is. But we did it!!

Will you be moving to Kingsville or Corpus?

Congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Congrats to those accepted!
I was just wondering, I know they don't send out denial letters because of the ranking system, but do they send out emails saying if we are waitlisted or something that indicates that?

thanks!

You will not know if you are "waitlisted" since we don't really have a "waitlist" It's more of EVERY interviewer is ranked. They go down that list. Hang in there!

Just got my acceptance, last name starts with D. Actually psyched myself out; I've subscribed to the thread, so I thought the email would be just another post when my phone buzzed. Congrats to everyone, and good luck to everyone else!

I'm working on a facebook group, but apparently I need friends to invite before I can finalize it. Please message me with a link to your facebook and I'll invite you.

Search Lisa Lopez Valdez and you will find me! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Where there a lot of people last year who didn't get the initial acceptance letter, but got a call later on and was accepted?

Last year, I actually received an interview invite AFTER some acceptances had been sent out. I ended up interviewing on March 24 (a thursday) and was accepted less than one week later. I remember I had just gotten home from work and my phone rang but I didn't want to get up to answer it cause I was feeling tired and lazy. But I soon as I heard Dr Robertson's voice on the answering machine I raced to the phone!

So, again, I say to keep hope alive!!:)

Last year, I actually received an interview invite AFTER some acceptances had been sent out. I ended up interviewing on March 24 (a thursday) and was accepted less than one week later.

When did they contact you they wanted to bring u in for an interview, 1-2 weeks before? Which makes me wonder at what point do they decide to bring in a dozen or so more people to interview, maybe once they go through their first half of the list and are like... "uhhh...lets see if we can get a few more interviews in and maybe some if them can wow us"

Does anyone remember if they sent all the emails out on the same day last year or in years past?

"I'm doing good" ????

your scores were competitive enough. =D

btw is that suppossed to be like a bird or something? lol

I guess that would be the proper response... I'm a tad... inept in casual conversation sometimes?

Be as it may, my scores while here aren't as competitive... at least, this year anyway. I made No Chi...

The emoticon was more of a shrug? I wasn't aware it looked like a bird. =/

How LATE in the afternoon? Like 7pm? Though that would technically fall under "Evening" at that point right? lol

I think I got mine pretty late at night. I was still reeling from a rejection when I saw it.

Then again, I didn't check earlier in the day because of said rejection, lol...

maybe we can click around last years forum? lol. alas! i must study or i def would...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=767548

I linked that earlier in the thread, but I doubt everyone read through all of it. I had to link the previous year's several times last year...

maybe we can click around last years forum? lol. alas! i must study or i def would...
Seems like they sent them all on the same day last year. But! Lots of people declined so people on the thread were still getting invite calls from Dr. Roberts all through March. They even had more people interview and picks some of those people.

Does that mean the remaining bunch that didn't get an initial invite were not up to par so they had to call other people into interview? Who knows but it seems like there is still hope.

I'm so glad you guys posted things today!
I haven't been checking my emails and I came on here and saw people received emails so I checked mine and it was there!!
Yay! What a relief.

Congratulations to everyone who got in!

I meant to respond to this earlier but never got around to it. Congrats on getting accepted!!! Im so happy for you because I was a single mom too for a long time so I know first hand how challenging it is. But we did it!!

Will you be moving to Kingsville or Corpus?

Congrats again!

Hi Lisa! My name's Lisa too. Congrats on getting accepted! My plan for now is to move back in with my parents in Corpus. How about you?

Yeah this is the only school I applied to, for a few reasons,and I thought my interview went well so hopefully I still have a chance

Congrats to all accepted today. Congrats to Capt Picard on his acceptance...although shouldn't you be going something rotation oriented? Journal Club maybe....

For all those posting stats, it looks like it was a fairly competitive group of applicants this year (so the trend continues). The hard part now is to decide to accept the offer or not. If you have a week or two to reply take your time. Do not just agree to come if it is not the absolute best fit. You are qualified, you interviewed now celebrate take some time for it all to sink in and then mull over the offer. I know this is coming from someone about to graduate but I just did the same thing with residency interviews. Be excited, be happy, but do NOT be too hasty.

For all those with anxiety, questioning your stats, and not sent the magical golden email. Let me try to talk you off the ledge. I believe I posted my story in previous threads but I will repeat it here as it might help someone. I interviewed late in the Class of 2012 cycle. At the time it was in March. April was supposed to be acceptance time and I did not get one the first round. My stats were not that great GPA < 3.0, PCAT ~95 (2nd time ~87 first time), no experience, shadowed a little, worked as an undergrad, and had a BS. After two - three weeks I started wondering what to do. I had been waitlisted at another school already so I waited some more. In May Dr. Robertson called. I missed it. I called him back and was offered acceptance. When the acceptance packet came I still did not know what to do. I had subsequently been accepted to the waitlisted school and another school (there were strings attached to the other two). A&M accepted me first. I signed the form, paid the $500 and never looked back. This was my second year applying to school but first time to A&M. I do not regret my decision and it has worked out far better than I could have imagined. School is difficult, but it is worth it in the end. So for those not accepted, I know it hurts, it is disappointing, but things will work out. It is easy to say this because it is now four years later, but it will work out.

My advice to all - work smart. I knew I messed up in undergrad and started to work smart in pharmacy school. I entered with a family and if I can make it through anyone can.

Congrats again to the accepted and to the rest, keep your chin up.:thumbup:

Hi Lisa! My name's Lisa too. Congrats on getting accepted! My plan for now is to move back in with my parents in Corpus. How about you?

Awesome! Lol! I plan on staying here in Corpus. We have a house here and my kids are here and I dont think we can afford to pay for an apt. and a mortgage. Also, I dont think Id want to be away from my kids all week. Carpool!!!! haha jk! :laugh:

For all those with anxiety, questioning your stats, and not sent the magical golden email. Let me try to talk you off the ledge. I believe I posted my story in previous threads but I will repeat it here as it might help someone. I interviewed late in the Class of 2012 cycle. At the time it was in March. April was supposed to be acceptance time and I did not get one the first round. My stats were not that great GPA < 3.0, PCAT ~95 (2nd time ~87 first time), no experience, shadowed a little, worked as an undergrad, and had a BS. After two - three weeks I started wondering what to do. I had been waitlisted at another school already so I waited some more. In May Dr. Robertson called. I missed it. I called him back and was offered acceptance. When the acceptance packet came I still did not know what to do. I had subsequently been accepted to the waitlisted school and another school (there were strings attached to the other two). A&M accepted me first. I signed the form, paid the $500 and never looked back. This was my second year applying to school but first time to A&M. I do not regret my decision and it has worked out far better than I could have imagined. School is difficult, but it is worth it in the end. So for those not accepted, I know it hurts, it is disappointing, but things will work out. It is easy to say this because it is now four years later, but it will work out.

My advice to all - work smart. I knew I messed up in undergrad and started to work smart in pharmacy school. I entered with a family and if I can make it through anyone can.

Congrats again to the accepted and to the rest, keep your chin up.:thumbup:

Words of inspiration and hope. 2 kudos. :thumbup::thumbup: errr 2 thumbs up

The emoticon was more of a shrug? I wasn't aware it looked like a bird. =/

that was a shrug????? theres a smiley for that: :shrug:

i would stick with the chicken story instead if i were you... lol!

that was a shrug????? theres a smiley for that: :shrug:

i would stick with the chicken story instead if i were you... lol!

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

No one appreciates text based emoticons anymore! Lol.

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;
I can see what the first part of this is... but whats the second part? Must be some ANTI-ILLUMINATI underground group thing.... that I wont ever understand

No one appreciates text based emoticons anymore! Lol.
It's just that they are hard to deciper...like hieroglyphics.

Last edited:
I can see what the first part of this is... but whats the second part? Must be some ANTI-ILLUMINATI underground group thing.... that I wont ever understand

Flipping a table in anger, lol...

It's just that they are hard to deciper...like hieroglyphics.

&#30495;&#30340;&#21966;? :smuggrin:

Last edited:
anyone get any emails today?

looks like emails no mas (more). at least until they first give you a call in the coming weeks.... but by then u will already know. heh. its been rather quiet on this thread today. :mad:

haha yeah. guess i better get ready for the upcoming TSU interviews

Looks like there's a pretty small number of 2016 using SDN, then. IIRC, our thread was lit up the year I got in around this time (April for us). :shrug:

Hopefully the rest of you hear back, soon. With a lot of people applying to numerous schools, some hard decisions are being made right now, and wait-listers will start receiving phone calls as acceptances at each of the schools are declined. :xf:

When did they contact you they wanted to bring u in for an interview, 1-2 weeks before? Which makes me wonder at what point do they decide to bring in a dozen or so more people to interview, maybe once they go through their first half of the list and are like... "uhhh...lets see if we can get a few more interviews in and maybe some if them can wow us"

They contacted me about 3 weeks before the interview date. And I was told that they wanted to interview more people because they hadn't interviewed the 250 people that they wanted to interview. Some people had either didn't accept the interview invite or cancelled. So I was told that they wanted to interview at least a total of 250 people before proceeding with more acceptances.

Looks like there's a pretty small number of 2016 using SDN, then. IIRC, our thread was lit up the year I got in around this time (April for us). :shrug:

Hopefully the rest of you hear back, soon. With a lot of people applying to numerous schools, some hard decisions are being made right now, and wait-listers will start receiving phone calls as acceptances at each of the schools are declined. :xf:
and with that... everyone addmitted better accept and attend the school :D

So I was told that they wanted to interview at least a total of 250 people before proceeding with more acceptances.
:eek:

I'm guessing there were maybe 20 people in that "2nd round"? Hmm..
So anyone else not interviewed yet still has a good chance of hearing back maybe late this week or next week for an interview. I hope they do that so that a few SDNers that didnt interview get that interview :D.

I got my acceptance email yesterday. By any chance has anyone gotten their package in the mail? Excited to meet all of you :) -Javier G.

and with that... everyone addmitted better accept and attend the school :D

That's quite the generous thought. I recall at one point someone went "I hope some of y'all don't accept so I get an email... :(" or something along those lines...

I got my acceptance email yesterday. By any chance has anyone gotten their package in the mail? Excited to meet all of you :) -Javier G.

I got my package from the school today. Now I need to figure out how to come up with $500 by next week. :eek:

Awesome! Lol! I plan on staying here in Corpus. We have a house here and my kids are here and I dont think we can afford to pay for an apt. and a mortgage. Also, I dont think Id want to be away from my kids all week. Carpool!!!! haha jk! :laugh:

Hey, I'm all for carpooling, especially since gas prices are supposed to hit $5/gallon this summer. I'll be living near Ayers and Saratoga. How old are your kids? My daughter is 4 so I'm trying to find a good daycare down there.

I got my package from the school today. Now I need to figure out how to come up with $500 by next week. :eek:

don't u get those "checks" in the mail with 19% interest for 500 bucks from banks? lol. problem solved. just paying it back will suck. but hey... pharmacy school is way more expensive right? lol :bang:

Sometimes I forget to put emoticons when I'm joking or being sarcastic. :smuggrin:
Are you insinuating that you were being facetious when you typed "that's quite the generous thought"? :eyebrow:

Last edited: