This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For those who have interviewed at Tech. I know most have said that the interview process is very chill. But is there interview process a typical one? As in, you interview with a professor for 30ish minutes with typical interview questions? Or were the questions more geared towards your application?

If anybody can help, it would mean a lot! I have an interview with them on the 15th.
I interviewed at Tech on the Lubbock campus at the end of September and was accepted two weeks after my interview! I would definitely classify their interview as more traditional. I was asked questions like why I wanted to be a PT, why I think Tech would be a good program for me, how I handle stress, and why I am different from other candidates. I wasn't asked anything where I felt like I had to scramble to find the words to answer the question. I felt like I was having a conversation more so than being interviewed. Overall, I felt very welcomed by the faculty and students there. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you want more specifics or have any other questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at Tech on the Lubbock campus at the end of September and was accepted two weeks after my interview! I would definitely classify their interview as more traditional. I was asked questions like why I wanted to be a PT, why I think Tech would be a good program for me, how I handle stress, and why I am different from other candidates. I wasn't asked anything where I felt like I had to scramble to find the words to answer the question. I felt like I was having a conversation more so than being interviewed. Overall, I felt very welcomed by the faculty and students there. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you want more specifics or have any other questions.
Thank you. I really appreciate the response! Congrats on getting accepted into the program!
 
Update:
Interview at USA Austin invited 2 weeks ago.
Rejected from Baylor last week no interview.
Rejected from Texas State this week no interview.
Hey Typical Average Student, we have a lot of the same history. I have been accepted to USA-Austin, rejected by Baylor with no interview.
I do have an interview with UIW coming up. I am curious how long after your interview did you hear that you were accepted? And how does the UIW interview compare with the USA interview?
 
Last edited:
For those who have interviewed at Tech. I know most have said that the interview process is very chill. But is there interview process a typical one? As in, you interview with a professor for 30ish minutes with typical interview questions? Or were the questions more geared towards your application?

If anybody can help, it would mean a lot! I have an interview with them on the 15th.
I interviewed at the Amarillo campus, I had a ton of time to chat with first year students. My actual interview was with one professor for about 15 mins. They just want to honestly get to know you, why you applied there, and why you chose PT. Good luck!!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know what the interview process is like at Texas State?
First you will have the orientation, where all DPT professors are going to be introduced. The interviews follow right after, depending on what time yours is scheduled. The interviews usually conducted by a faculty member and a clinician. Your questions will depend on who is interviewing you, based on my experience, but most of them are pretty much the same as anywhere else.
I highly recommend you to attend meet and greet event the day before the interview, meeting current DPT students may help you to get the "character" of the program, so to speak. 🙂
 
Has anyone interviewed at UTMB already and could speak on what the interview was like?

Yeah I actually interviewed down there early in September and it was split into two separate interviews. A group discussion type of interview with other interviewees and then a 1 on 1 interview that includes a case scenario and also your standard 1 on 1 questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have acceptances at Texas Tech and Angelo State. I also loved my experience at Texas State and am waiting to hear back. Does anyone have any advice that might make this decision easier
 
Yeah I actually interviewed down there early in September and it was split into two separate interviews. A group discussion type of interview with other interviewees and then a 1 on 1 interview that includes a case scenario and also your standard 1 on 1 questions.

how was the group discussion? Also, we’re the case scenarios hard..? Or just more of an ethical/critical thinking type of scenario? I have an interview with them next Tuesday! Have you hear back yet?
 
Has anyone been accepted to TWU Dallas? I know some people were already rejected but I haven't seen anyone post about being accepted.
 
Has anyone been accepted to TWU Dallas? I know some people were already rejected but I haven't seen anyone post about being accepted.
I got rejected from them in October. A friend of mine got accepted into the Dallas location sometime in October/November I believe.
 
Has anyone been accepted to TWU Dallas? I know some people were already rejected but I haven't seen anyone post about being accepted.
I also haven't heard anything from TWU (Houston campus, applied 10/14). My webadvisor admission status changed to "Second App Review" today though, so maybe that's something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! What are your other options and where does TXST fall on your top choice list?
I also have got into Angelo State and Texas Tech. Its hard to say, I was really impressed with Texas State, but cost is also higher than ASU which I enjoyed as well.
 
Anyone at the Texas Tech interview in Amarillo 11/15 hear anything yet?

I heard back the following Friday on 11/22 after the interview that I got into the Lubbock Campus. I don't think they've completed making offers yet though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who’s gotten acceptance offers!!! Just did the interview yesterday at UTHSCSA and hopefully will hear back in 2 weeks or so since the 1st years are taking finals next week.