Texas Match Posted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nubtastic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The texas match was posted early, so everyone that wants to go to TCOM can see if they matched.

:D :D :D :D

I just got into the TCOM class of 2006!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

I matched with TCOM, too!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Plan B, Is TCOM your first choice?

Yes, TCOM was my first choice!! :clap:
'Plan B' is tongue in cheek, because becoming a physician was my back-up career choice.

Thank you and congratulations to you, Nubtastic!

Hopefully more people will post with acceptances today.

I'll look forward to meeting you.

:)

Got into TCOM which was my second choice but i'm still happy and excited!! Hope to see everyone in the fall! ;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

what should i do now? i didn't match w/ TCOM. it's the only school i had an interview...and i really do not want to retake the MCAT the third time. I got a 24 on the MCAT 1st and 2nd time. Should I take one year off? Is there anyway i can do to ask the admission committe at TCOM to reconsider? I'm so much in despair.

That's Great Khalistan!! Hope I'll get to meet you, but I also hope that you get into your first choice even though TCOM is a great school.

Someone

Ithink you should contact the admissions office and discuss your application with them. They willtellyou your weak points and probably offer suggestions to correct them. Don't give up hope, there is always the waitlist :)

Where is TCOM06?

Congrats Khalistan! Looking forward to meeting you both. I see that there is a TCOM2006 link on the school web site, but last time I checked there wasn't a class list yet. It also has hypertext for a 'preview weekend'!

?is TCOM06 now Titan, and going to AZCOM?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Plan B:
•Congrats Khalistan! Looking forward to meeting you both. I see that there is a TCOM2006 link on the school web site, but last time I checked there wasn't a class list yet. It also has hypertext for a 'preview weekend'!

?is TCOM06 now Titan, and going to AZCOM?•••••Plan B,

Yes! I was formerly tcom06, now I am titan.....and I am headed to Arizona!!!! I can't wait! I really liked the school and the area. Still plan on returning during some of my fourth year and, hopefully, i'll land a residency slot in Texas. Congrats to all of you who got into TCOM!!

titan

•••quote:•••Originally posted by someone2002:
•what should i do now? i didn't match w/ TCOM. it's the only school i had an interview...and i really do not want to retake the MCAT the third time. I got a 24 on the MCAT 1st and 2nd time. Should I take one year off? Is there anyway i can do to ask the admission committe at TCOM to reconsider? I'm so much in despair.•••••I think that TCOM has a master's of biomedical science program for certain applicants to strengthen their credentials and reapply. It's not a sure thing, but I do know several people who didn't get in, did the master's program, reapplied, and got a slot.

Someone2002

I agree with nubtastic, you should definitely contact the admissions committee and they will guide you through your application and where they feel you need improvement. I'm thinking since you got an interview, they believe you have the academic ability to go through the curriculum. So perhaps maybe you can think about how your interview went and see where you could improve to really show the interviewers why you want to attend TCOM. But talk to them and they will help you out. Best of Luck!

Nubtastic, justDOit,

Congrats to you guys as well! See you in the fall! :wink:

Hey everyone from the class of 2006. A website for our class is now on the TCOM website

<a href="http://www.hsc.unt.edu/organizations/tcom2006/" target="_blank">http://www.hsc.unt.edu/organizations/tcom2006/</a>

They have a message board up and a few other things, but they are not quite finished building yet.

The message board on our class page is now functioning too. I wish they would post a class list!

oh man, i'm not in the class of 2006! when will tcom send out rejection letter? i'm so depressed

stay positive. when I was living in boston both of roomates had to wait until summer to hear they got into medical school. Just because you hadn't heard anything now doesn't mean you aren't going to medical school this fall.

hey guys, i just received a letter from TCOM today that said that i'm on the waitlist. should i write a letter and tell them that i really want to go to TCOM? pls advice, thank you!

anybody on the waitlist at TCOM?

I am.

Did you ever write your letter?

i haven't..i'm waiting til march to do it!

Write the letter, call the admissions office, keep in touch. Don't be a pain, but let them know you're very interested. Every single year a couple students end up not taking a spot. My first year, someone was pulled off the waitlist from out of state on the second day of classes! You might also inquire about the master's degree program in biomedical sciences for those who don't get accepted. I've known quite a few students go through the program, apply, and get in.