You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas PT School Apps 2014-2015
Started by luxsit90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed at Tech last Friday and it went great! They are super laid back... asked me "why do you want to be a pt", "what is something you've had to overcome in your life" (that caught me off guard), and "why tech?". It was more like a conversation. I also found this on the tech website that helped me prepare: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/careercenter/UCS Website - Physical Therapy Questions.pdf
Good luck guys!! 🙂
Good luck guys!! 🙂
I interviewed too and thought the same!! Keep us updated if you hear anything from them?I interviewed at Tech last Friday and it went great! They are super laid back... asked me "why do you want to be a pt", "what is something you've had to overcome in your life" (that caught me off guard), and "why tech?". It was more like a conversation. I also found this on the tech website that helped me prepare: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/careercenter/UCS Website - Physical Therapy Questions.pdf
Good luck guys!! 🙂
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted into TWU HOUSTON and UTMB last week.
3.71 overall
>3.8 on last 60 hours
158 on GRE verbal and quantitative and 4.5 on writing
173 hours volunteering in outpatient rehab, inpatient acute, vestibular therapy, and sports medicine.
However, I got a tech position when I applied and had over 300 hours at that facility alone.
Hope this helps someone!
3.71 overall
>3.8 on last 60 hours
158 on GRE verbal and quantitative and 4.5 on writing
173 hours volunteering in outpatient rehab, inpatient acute, vestibular therapy, and sports medicine.
However, I got a tech position when I applied and had over 300 hours at that facility alone.
Hope this helps someone!
I was accepted into TWU HOUSTON and UTMB last week.
3.71 overall
>3.8 on last 60 hours
158 on GRE verbal and quantitative and 4.5 on writing
173 hours volunteering in outpatient rehab, inpatient acute, vestibular therapy, and sports medicine.
However, I got a tech position when I applied and had over 300 hours at that facility alone.
Hope this helps someone!
Which one are you gonna take? I got into TWU Dallas.
Hey guys! I am currently am a first year at UNTHSC and I definitely know what youre going through right now. So if you guys have any questions dont be afraid to shoot me an email or just ask on here. I know I spent every minute of my day checking my email and looking on this addictive site. Last year i interviewed at Hardin Simmons, UTMB, UNTHSC (of course), and incarnate word so i have a good base knowledge on interviewing. Also for whoever asked about UNT... Last cycle they had two interviews one in nov and one in march. I was invited to the one in march and I got the call literally a week before the interview day and they sent out interview offers as early as 3 weeks before So it does vary. This cycle they are having 2 interviews within the first couple weeks of nov so you might have a couple more weeks till you hear from them!
Which one are you gonna take? I got into TWU Dallas.
I'm not sure yet!! I only have about a week left to decide... :/ TWU is more research based and UTMB prides itself on being hands-on learning. Not sure which one would ultimately be better. It also seems that TWU will be much harder.
I know someone that goes to TWU Dallas and she LOVES it. She says the professors really care about the students.
Did anyone hear anything from tech today?
Everyone I've talked to/heard from said they received their acceptance for TTUHSC exactly 2 weeks after the interview.... so for those of who interviewed on 9/26, the wait may be over soon!!!
Last edited:
Was wondering the same thing if anyone has heard from Tech.Did anyone hear anything from tech today?
The fact that none of us heard from them makes me think that this is the case. Do you mind me asking what your stats are?I didn't :/ I'm friends with a first year there and he said not to stress... just might be going through the process slowly this year. I hope that's that's the case!
University of North Texas
B.S. Biology major and Chemistry minor
cGPA: 3.6
pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 149V 152Q 4.0W
Extra-curricular: Dean's List, Pre-PT Club President, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Tactical Athlete Training Club, Persian Student Society, former Pre-Pharmacy Club President (back when that's what I wanted to do)
Observation Hours: 152 geriatric, 64 outpatient orthopedic, 300+ at another outpatient orthopedic working as a tech
B.S. Biology major and Chemistry minor
cGPA: 3.6
pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 149V 152Q 4.0W
Extra-curricular: Dean's List, Pre-PT Club President, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Tactical Athlete Training Club, Persian Student Society, former Pre-Pharmacy Club President (back when that's what I wanted to do)
Observation Hours: 152 geriatric, 64 outpatient orthopedic, 300+ at another outpatient orthopedic working as a tech
Congrats!I just received my ttuhsc acceptance in the mail!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like your physical mail box or e-mail?I just received my ttuhsc acceptance in the mail!
Ahhhhh!!! I just checked my mail and I got my acceptance to TTUHSC 😀
When did it come in the mail?? Like the physical mail??
Yeah it was in my physical mailbox. Go check yours!When did it come in the mail?? Like the physical mail??
Just checked, nothing yet 🙁 Although I am not sure if mail has been delivered, I live next door to a UPS, so it comes quite late in the day. Has your application status been updated yet?Yeah it was in my physical mailbox. Go check yours!
Congrats btw guys!!!Just checked, nothing yet 🙁 Although I am not sure if mail has been delivered, I live next door to a UPS, so it comes quite late in the day. Has your application status been updated yet?
Is TT your first choice?Yeah it was in my physical mailbox. Go check yours!
Thanks! I'm sure you'll get something soon, too!Congrats btw guys!!!
UNTHSC is my first choice and TTUHSC was my second 🙂 But UNT takes forever to contact people.Is TT your first choice?
Which campus did you get into? I got into Lubbock.Is TT your first choice?
My status on the TTUHSC page hasn't been updated. Don't lose hope!!Just checked, nothing yet 🙁 Although I am not sure if mail has been delivered, I live next door to a UPS, so it comes quite late in the day. Has your application status been updated yet?
Ok thanks! HahaMy status on the TTUHSC page hasn't been updated. Don't lose hope!!
I mean my stats are
Overall gpa: 3.8
Pre-req gpa: 3.56
GRE: 152V 156Q 5.0AW
400hours observation (between out patient ortho and inpatient rehab)
So I thought I had a good shot, but I'll keep hoping 🙂 congrats again guys! So happy for y'all
Ok thanks! Haha
I mean my stats are
Overall gpa: 3.8
Pre-req gpa: 3.56
GRE: 152V 156Q 5.0AW
400hours observation (between out patient ortho and inpatient rehab)
So I thought I had a good shot, but I'll keep hoping 🙂 congrats again guys! So happy for y'all
You definitely have a good shot!
I got home from work with an acceptance letter waiting for me from TTUHSC 
I was accepted into the Odessa campus though, which was so not my first choice. They also offered me a partial scholarship for the first year. Does everyone get a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I like TTU, love the scholarship but don't feel much love for the location.

I was accepted into the Odessa campus though, which was so not my first choice. They also offered me a partial scholarship for the first year. Does everyone get a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I like TTU, love the scholarship but don't feel much love for the location.
I got home from work with an acceptance letter waiting for me from TTUHSC
I was accepted into the Odessa campus though, which was so not my first choice. They also offered me a partial scholarship for the first year. Does everyone get a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I like TTU, love the scholarship but don't feel much love for the location.
How much was your scholarship? I got $1000... I was wondering if everyone got that too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
$1000 a semester. I was also accepted at UTMB but they didn't offer me a scholarship.Galveston vs Odessa.
I would definitely do Galveston based on the city itself. But you have to factor in total cost, the school itself, the closeness of your family and friends, etc.
I had a interview at the lubbock campus. I'm hoping i get good news soon. congrats!Congrats guys! Yeah I got the lubbock campus!
I didn't apply to UTSW. Kept postponing when it came to the three essays.@ishadpt Excuse me for just chiming in lol but I was curious, did you apply to UTSW?
I interviewed in Lubbock on 9/26Im hoping that my mail is running behind. Did anyone interview at TTUHSC after September 19.
N
Interviewed at Amarillo on 9/26. Hoping the same thing! Haha
Im hoping that my mail is running behind. Did anyone interview at TTUHSC after September 19.
Im hoping that my mail is running behind. Did anyone interview at TTUHSC after September 19.
Interviewed at Amarillo on 9/26. Hoping the same thing! Haha
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I had the PTCAS essay done when I realized there were 2 more 😳 lol I had them done in a day, revised by PTs and submitted that night. I owe it to my PT friends who encouraged me to go for it. So did you apply to TWU and UTMB only? (I'm curious since I noticed that you're at UTA; I graduate this December 😀)I didn't apply to UTSW. Kept postponing when it came to the three essays.
I also graduate this December. We are probably taking a class or two together. LOL. I applied to UTMB, TWU, Hardin Simmons (declined interview invitation), UTHSCSA, UT El Paso, and Texas Tech. Where did you apply?Ah gotcha. Yeah, I had the PTCAS essay done when I realized there were 2 more 😳 lol I had them done in a day, revised by PTs and submitted that night. I owe it to my PT friends who encouraged me to go for it. So did you apply to TWU and UTMB only? (I'm curious since I noticed that you're at UTA; I graduate this December 😀)
TTUHSC Applicants:
I just got an e-mail of acceptance and now when I click on "admissions offer" in the portal, my status has changed.
Thanks! I'm an international student, and I got an email today asking for some more documents (financial and passport stuff). They said they cannot completely process my application until I send it, but I'm hoping the fact that it was sent on the same day is a good sign! (Maybe they're just waiting on that!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my letter in the mail for ttuhsc!!! I guess my mail was Running behind after all
Yay!! Which campus?
Amarillo which was my first preference 🙂Yay!! Which campus?
Nope! Have you?? They are making me anxious.Has anyone heard from UNTHSC about an interview?