Texas PT School Apps 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm current traveling until November 16 so if UTSW wants a date after that I will interview there. I'm probably going to cancel others ones to give someone else who really wants UTMB or Tech. Besides TWU is my top choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at Tech last Friday and it went great! They are super laid back... asked me "why do you want to be a pt", "what is something you've had to overcome in your life" (that caught me off guard), and "why tech?". It was more like a conversation. I also found this on the tech website that helped me prepare: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/careercenter/UCS Website - Physical Therapy Questions.pdf

Good luck guys!! :)

I interviewed at Tech last Friday and it went great! They are super laid back... asked me "why do you want to be a pt", "what is something you've had to overcome in your life" (that caught me off guard), and "why tech?". It was more like a conversation. I also found this on the tech website that helped me prepare: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/careercenter/UCS Website - Physical Therapy Questions.pdf

Good luck guys!! :)
I interviewed too and thought the same!! Keep us updated if you hear anything from them?

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into TWU HOUSTON and UTMB last week.

3.71 overall
>3.8 on last 60 hours
158 on GRE verbal and quantitative and 4.5 on writing
173 hours volunteering in outpatient rehab, inpatient acute, vestibular therapy, and sports medicine.
However, I got a tech position when I applied and had over 300 hours at that facility alone.

Hope this helps someone!

I was accepted into TWU HOUSTON and UTMB last week.

3.71 overall
>3.8 on last 60 hours
158 on GRE verbal and quantitative and 4.5 on writing
173 hours volunteering in outpatient rehab, inpatient acute, vestibular therapy, and sports medicine.
However, I got a tech position when I applied and had over 300 hours at that facility alone.

Hope this helps someone!

Which one are you gonna take? I got into TWU Dallas.

Hey guys! I am currently am a first year at UNTHSC and I definitely know what youre going through right now. So if you guys have any questions dont be afraid to shoot me an email or just ask on here. I know I spent every minute of my day checking my email and looking on this addictive site. Last year i interviewed at Hardin Simmons, UTMB, UNTHSC (of course), and incarnate word so i have a good base knowledge on interviewing. Also for whoever asked about UNT... Last cycle they had two interviews one in nov and one in march. I was invited to the one in march and I got the call literally a week before the interview day and they sent out interview offers as early as 3 weeks before So it does vary. This cycle they are having 2 interviews within the first couple weeks of nov so you might have a couple more weeks till you hear from them!

Reactions: 2 users
Which one are you gonna take? I got into TWU Dallas.

I'm not sure yet!! I only have about a week left to decide... :/ TWU is more research based and UTMB prides itself on being hands-on learning. Not sure which one would ultimately be better. It also seems that TWU will be much harder.

I know someone that goes to TWU Dallas and she LOVES it. She says the professors really care about the students.

Everyone I've talked to/heard from said they received their acceptance for TTUHSC exactly 2 weeks after the interview.... so for those of who interviewed on 9/26, the wait may be over soon!!!

Did anyone hear anything from tech today?

Everyone I've talked to/heard from said they received their acceptance for TTUHSC exactly 2 weeks after the interview.... so for those of who interviewed on 9/26, the wait may be over soon!!!

Last edited:
I didn't :/ I'm friends with a first year there and he said not to stress... just might be going through the process slowly this year. I hope that's that's the case!

I didn't :/ I'm friends with a first year there and he said not to stress... just might be going through the process slowly this year. I hope that's that's the case!
The fact that none of us heard from them makes me think that this is the case. Do you mind me asking what your stats are?

University of North Texas
B.S. Biology major and Chemistry minor
cGPA: 3.6
pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 149V 152Q 4.0W
Extra-curricular: Dean's List, Pre-PT Club President, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Tactical Athlete Training Club, Persian Student Society, former Pre-Pharmacy Club President (back when that's what I wanted to do)
Observation Hours: 152 geriatric, 64 outpatient orthopedic, 300+ at another outpatient orthopedic working as a tech

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my ttuhsc acceptance in the mail!

Ahhhhh!!! I just checked my mail and I got my acceptance to TTUHSC :D

Yeah it was in my physical mailbox. Go check yours!
Just checked, nothing yet :( Although I am not sure if mail has been delivered, I live next door to a UPS, so it comes quite late in the day. Has your application status been updated yet?

Just checked, nothing yet :( Although I am not sure if mail has been delivered, I live next door to a UPS, so it comes quite late in the day. Has your application status been updated yet?
Congrats btw guys!!!

My status on the TTUHSC page hasn't been updated. Don't lose hope!!

My status on the TTUHSC page hasn't been updated. Don't lose hope!!
Ok thanks! Haha

I mean my stats are

Overall gpa: 3.8
Pre-req gpa: 3.56
GRE: 152V 156Q 5.0AW
400hours observation (between out patient ortho and inpatient rehab)

So I thought I had a good shot, but I'll keep hoping :) congrats again guys! So happy for y'all

Ok thanks! Haha

I mean my stats are

Overall gpa: 3.8
Pre-req gpa: 3.56
GRE: 152V 156Q 5.0AW
400hours observation (between out patient ortho and inpatient rehab)

So I thought I had a good shot, but I'll keep hoping :) congrats again guys! So happy for y'all

You definitely have a good shot!

I got home from work with an acceptance letter waiting for me from TTUHSC :soexcited:
I was accepted into the Odessa campus though, which was so not my first choice. They also offered me a partial scholarship for the first year. Does everyone get a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I like TTU, love the scholarship but don't feel much love for the location.

@ishadpt Excuse me for just chiming in lol but I was curious, did you apply to UTSW?

I got home from work with an acceptance letter waiting for me from TTUHSC :soexcited:
I was accepted into the Odessa campus though, which was so not my first choice. They also offered me a partial scholarship for the first year. Does everyone get a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I like TTU, love the scholarship but don't feel much love for the location.

How much was your scholarship? I got $1000... I was wondering if everyone got that too.

Congrats guys! Yeah I got the lubbock campus!

$1000 a semester. I was also accepted at UTMB but they didn't offer me a scholarship.Galveston vs Odessa.

$1000 a semester. I was also accepted at UTMB but they didn't offer me a scholarship.Galveston vs Odessa.

I would definitely do Galveston based on the city itself. But you have to factor in total cost, the school itself, the closeness of your family and friends, etc.

I live in Fort Worth. So both places are far from home. I fell in love with UTMB but I also liked Tech. Right now I am just grateful I got into a program

Im hoping that my mail is running behind. Did anyone interview at TTUHSC after September 19.

I didn't apply to UTSW. Kept postponing when it came to the three essays.
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I had the PTCAS essay done when I realized there were 2 more :oops: lol I had them done in a day, revised by PTs and submitted that night. I owe it to my PT friends who encouraged me to go for it. So did you apply to TWU and UTMB only? (I'm curious since I noticed that you're at UTA; I graduate this December :D)

Ah gotcha. Yeah, I had the PTCAS essay done when I realized there were 2 more :oops: lol I had them done in a day, revised by PTs and submitted that night. I owe it to my PT friends who encouraged me to go for it. So did you apply to TWU and UTMB only? (I'm curious since I noticed that you're at UTA; I graduate this December :D)
I also graduate this December. We are probably taking a class or two together. LOL. I applied to UTMB, TWU, Hardin Simmons (declined interview invitation), UTHSCSA, UT El Paso, and Texas Tech. Where did you apply?

TTUHSC Applicants:

I just got an e-mail of acceptance and now when I click on "admissions offer" in the portal, my status has changed.

TTUHSC Applicants:

I just got an e-mail of acceptance and now when I click on "admissions offer" in the portal, my status has changed.

Thanks! I'm an international student, and I got an email today asking for some more documents (financial and passport stuff). They said they cannot completely process my application until I send it, but I'm hoping the fact that it was sent on the same day is a good sign! (Maybe they're just waiting on that!)

I have an interview for TTUHSC in Amarillo on October 24th! I can hardly wait. I hate all of this suspense.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got my letter in the mail for ttuhsc!!! I guess my mail was Running behind after all

Reactions: 1 users
I am a first year at TTUHSC. just want to say congratulations to all those already getting acceptances. If anyone on the board have questions that i can answer lmk.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else heard about an interview for UNTHSC?

Last edited: