Texas PT School Apps 2014-2015

Started by luxsit90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Woo!!!! Congrats!! What are your stats and how did you find out?!
Thank you!! I'm so excited. Not expecting to get an interview at all.
I got an e-mail from Felicity White asking to call them as soon as I can to discuss my application. And when I called Sean Bass said that they want to schedule me for an interview!

Overall GPA: 3.54
Last 60 GPA: 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 3.6

Extra-Curricular: Pre-PT Club President (currently), Pre-PT Club Secretary, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Deans List, Persian Student Society, Tactical Athlete Training Club, Pre-Pharmacy Club President + Treasurer (back when that's what I thought I wanted to do haha!), Student Government Association Freshman Intern

PT Experience Hours: 300+ in outpatient (working as tech currently), 64 in another outpatient, 152 in geriatric fitness facility (internship); Total: 500+
 
Thank you!! I'm so excited. Not expecting to get an interview at all.
I got an e-mail from Felicity White asking to call them as soon as I can to discuss my application. And when I called Sean Bass said that they want to schedule me for an interview!

Overall GPA: 3.54
Last 60 GPA: 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 3.6

Extra-Curricular: Pre-PT Club President (currently), Pre-PT Club Secretary, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Deans List, Persian Student Society, Tactical Athlete Training Club, Pre-Pharmacy Club President + Treasurer (back when that's what I thought I wanted to do haha!), Student Government Association Freshman Intern

PT Experience Hours: 300+ in outpatient (working as tech currently), 64 in another outpatient, 152 in geriatric fitness facility (internship); Total: 500+
Congrats! When did you apply to UNT?
 
  • Like
Reactions: LVL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted it in late May and my last LOR was received in early June. I was really eager to get my app in haha.
Oh good, I applied in mid July. I have heard they kinda go in order of application submission when reviewing and extending interview offers. So , I likely have not been reviewed yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LVL
Oh good, I applied in mid July. I have heard they kinda go in order of application submission when reviewing and extending interview offers. So , I likely have not been reviewed yet.
I know someone who applied 2 weeks before the early deadline and got called last week. So I have no idea what order they are going in haha. But I wish you luck!!
 
Looks like all spots for November 6th interview at UNT are taken. Next interview set for mid-January..hopefully there will be some open spots left.
 
I got contacted for an interview with UNTHSC but had to defer til January bc I'm out of the country. But I was already accepted to TWU so I'm not sure I will go through with it...I'm not super impressed by their last minute approach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LVL
Congrats! Can you share your stats?

Bachelors in psychology and classics from the University of Missouri
Graduated summa cum laude one year early
GPA: 3.96
Pre req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V162 Q152 AW 5.0
Hours: 200 outpatient 100 acute rehab hospital
Also an anatomy TA and worked in an ortho clinic doing new patient evals for three years, volunteer at an equine rehab facility


I got accepted to TWU ED and that is my #1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LVL
Looks like all spots for November 6th interview at UNT are taken. Next interview set for mid-January..hopefully there will be some open spots left.
Who told you this? I thought that there was going to be 2 interview days in November.
 
I applied to UTMB and was wondering how long it takes for information to show up in your MyStar portal after you get the initial emails about it. It says to allow 2 weeks in the original email, but it has been about that time for me and the deadline is fast approaching, so I want to make sure they're not missing anything from me.

Anyone have insight?
 
I applied to UTMB and was wondering how long it takes for information to show up in your MyStar portal after you get the initial emails about it. It says to allow 2 weeks in the original email, but it has been about that time for me and the deadline is fast approaching, so I want to make sure they're not missing anything from me.

Anyone have insight?
I have a friend who goes there and she got an interview email from them a month after she completed her supp app. Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news from UTHSCSA????

I got an email from UTHSCSA yesterday about early decision interviews. I didn't get one but it says December 11th and 12th they are doing regular interviews (75 people).

Also..Texas State sent out an interview email last Friday!
 
Have any schools sent out "no"s to anybody? I had an interview at UTMB but haven't heard from them or any other schools yet. I'm wondering if no news is good news at this point!
 
I got an email from UTHSCSA yesterday about early decision interviews. I didn't get one but it says December 11th and 12th they are doing regular interviews (75 people).

Also..Texas State sent out an interview email last Friday!

Thanks for the info... Did you email them first? or they sent you an email saying that??? (UTHSCSA)
 
I was rejected from TWU because my prerequisite GPA wasn't competitive (and it's NOT bad). I was told that 3.81 was the average prereq GPA for last year's incoming class. Hopefully this helps someone 🙂
 
I was rejected from TWU because my prerequisite GPA wasn't competitive (and it's NOT bad). I was told that 3.81 was the average prereq GPA for last year's incoming class. Hopefully this helps someone 🙂
Sorry to hear that. Rejected this year or last cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who got an interview for UNTHSC... have you gotten an e-mail with details about that day?
 
Anyone hear recently from Texas State? My application status changed to "An admission decision has been made and your decision letter will be sent via regular mail or email." I sense a rejection letter coming my way soon 🙁
 
Anyone hear recently from Texas State? My application status changed to "An admission decision has been made and your decision letter will be sent via regular mail or email." I sense a rejection letter coming my way soon 🙁
I got an email about interviews a week ago. But maybe they haven't sent out all the emails yet. Don't lose hope!!!
 
For those of you who got an interview for UNTHSC... have you gotten an e-mail with details about that day?
ok, so I just reread my invitation letter and it DOES say they are supposed to be sending out an information letter approx. a week before the interview...I haven't received it yet though....you @LVL
 
ok, so I just reread my invitation letter and it DOES say they are supposed to be sending out an information letter approx. a week before the interview...I haven't received it yet though....you @LVL
I JUST got the e-mail with details. You should get yours soon!
 
I submitted my application September 18th. I hope I'm still in the pool for ED applicants. So anxious...
 
I submitted my UNTHSC app August 19 (around that time) and I was told that November interviews had been selected and that I should be contacted anytime between now and the start of next semester about an interview or not.
 
For UNTHSC, for some reason I can't access my email? or it says "Not Set" Oh man....what did I do wrong in the set up?
sorry! it would go to whatever email you set up with your application. I don't think an email through UNT would be available until you are a student
 
I submitted my UNTHSC app August 19 (around that time) and I was told that November interviews had been selected and that I should be contacted anytime between now and the start of next semester about an interview or not.

The next interview is in mid-January..so I would expect to hear something a little after Christmas. More waiting... 🙁
 
I got an email for an interview with UTMB yesterday! And I have Tech this Friday. Anyone have any specific tips or advice?
Tech is very laid back. Just be yourself and confident. Have some questions you may have about the program ready, as a large portion is spent talking to the first year students. 🙂

Have fun and Good luck!
 
Tech is very laid back. Just be yourself and confident. Have some questions you may have about the program ready, as a large portion is spent talking to the first year students. 🙂

Have fun and Good luck!

Thank you very much! I have heard good things about the Tech interview. I appreciate your help. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming at this point that I have been rejected by Texas State and the letter just hasn't come yet. If I called them, would they be able to tell me one way or the other?
 
I was accepted into TWU-Dallas last Wednesday! Got a phone call from Mary Beth. So excited..I don't have to stress out for the next month now! Hopefully I will still get an interview at UNT

She said TWU-Dallas is sending out acceptances a little early this year, but will continue to do so until the end of December.
 
Nihsnek: big congrats!!
Can you tell us your stats? I seen you posted that you went through the waiting last year. Did you get waitlisted, rejected, accepted? And did you do something to up scores, gpa or what to try again this year?

Also, did you interview early for for UNTHSC this year for the fall 2015 class?