Texas PT Schools Application 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else pretty much given up on UNT sending out any more November interview invites?
Yeah I'm pretty much planning for a January interview at this point

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I'm pretty much planning for a January interview at this point

On Monday they still had 1/3rd of interview slots open. They said it would take them the whole week to send them out. But yea, the next round is in February it looks like.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a rejection letter/email from Texas State on Friday night. I called Monday to ask for further information, and they said that they can't tell me anything, besides that there were too many applicants for the amount of seats available, until March. She said that they received over 600 applications this year, and to determine who they interview, they plug in your GRE, last 60 hours GPA, pre-req. GPA, and math/science GPA into an equation, and the top 200 scores received an interview. :(

I'm with you Pruitt for UNT. I'm actually pretty shocked I didn't get an interview, but I've about given up on the November interview as well

Yeah, I have given up on the November UNT interviews as well. I am from California so coordinating school and work off would be difficult. But 1/3rd of the interview slots still open with slightly over a week until the interview date? Sounds pretty crazy.

Does sound crazy. I find it hard to imagine any professional school notifying people on such short notice unless someone cancels last minute.

Anyone heard from UTHSCSA yet? I had an interview with them last Friday, and they said we would hear back by the end of the week.

Anyone heard from UTHSCSA yet? I had an interview with them last Friday, and they said we would hear back by the end of the week.
i heard back in an email this morning! accepted :) have you heard anything bekahroo91?

Yep! I got my email just before noon. Accepted as well! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Of those who received a UNT interview, did you notice any kind if status change reflected on your online application? They said the status would changed when application had been reviewed?

Of those who received a UNT interview, did you notice any kind if status change reflected on your online application? They said the status would changed when application had been reviewed?

I didn't notice any status change under MyHSC. It just went from "Incomplete" to "Complete when my items (LOR, transcripts, fee, etc.) and app were sent in and received. It just says my application is complete.

I received the first email saying to call the UNT PT department at my earliest convenience to discuss my app. The second email was to confirm my interview date on 11/15. It also said, interviewees will receive an informational e-mail 1 week prior to our scheduled date. But I have not received those details yet.

I havnt looked at the online application portal since I submitted it. Sorry!!

tesla1 and bekahroo91 have yall heard from anywhere else yet??
i had an interview with unt and university of central florida and i cancelled both, since i got in to uthscsa. i have an interview with texas state at the end of january, and im still gonna go to that one. :) have you heard from any others island blondy?

Anyone know when the next set of interviews will be for UTHSCSA? I want to know when I should expect to get accepted/declined/waitlisted.

And anyone know when TTUHSC will announce if people got accepted or waitlisted after the interview? I had one November 8th. I hate waiting but apparently it's still relatively early for acceptances.

The next interviews for UTHSCSA are supposed to be mid-December, with invites going out the first week of December.

Anyone know when the next set of interviews will be for UTHSCSA? I want to know when I should expect to get accepted/declined/waitlisted.

And anyone know when TTUHSC will announce if people got accepted or waitlisted after the interview? I had one November 8th. I hate waiting but apparently it's still relatively early for acceptances.

TTUHSC got back to me exactly 2 weeks. I interviewed on November 1 and got an email on November 15 at 9AM. I know they are doing all interviews on Fridays in November (since there is no spring deadline). It could take more than 2 weeks though, but some people here got their acceptances around 13/14 days after being interviewed. Hang tight! I know it's tough, November 22nd is right around the corner! Best of luck!

The next interviews for UTHSCSA are supposed to be mid-December, with invites going out the first week of December.

Oh okay thanks for the info. I did an early interview and will roll over to the regular interview so hopefully December will be better than November!

TTUHSC got back to me exactly 2 weeks. I interviewed on November 1 and got an email on November 15 at 9AM. I know they are doing all interviews on Fridays in November (since there is no spring deadline). It could take more than 2 weeks though, but some people here got their acceptances around 13/14 days after being interviewed. Hang tight! I know it's tough, November 22nd is right around the corner! Best of luck!

Thanks Ennuisitic! Congratulations. Now I'm super excited about the 22nd! I thought I would have to wait until December. I might have a great Thanksgiving. :nailbiting:

If you don't mind sharing what were your GPA , prereq GPA and gre scores?
d int

Hey I recently emailed dr Ellison from Utmb asking about my post interview application status. Does anyone know how long it will take for her to get back to me? Or should I call?

Hey I recently emailed dr Ellison from Utmb asking about my post interview application status. Does anyone know how long it will take for her to get back to me? Or should I call?
I would wait until after Thanksgiving. Offices probably aren't full because people are on break. I'm waiting until maybe Tuesday after Thanksgiving to call TTUHSC if they haven't responded by then.

I would wait until after Thanksgiving. Offices probably aren't full because people are on break. I'm waiting until maybe Tuesday after Thanksgiving to call TTUHSC if they haven't responded by then.

just received an email from TTHSC. i got accepted. formal letters were sent out middle of last week and should get to everyone today(monday nov 25) or tomorrow. they conducted 3 sets of interviews during the fall and won't be doing anymore in the spring.

San Antonio hsc sent out invitations for interviews today as well. they will have interviews on dec 12 and 13. i am unsure if they will do interviews in the spring either since last year they didn't spend out gen admission interviews till middle of dec to interview in jan. seems like a lot of schools are trying to get done with interviews early

Congrats to all that got into the TTUHSC program! Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the program that you didn't get answered during your interviews. Good luck with the rest of your interviews!

Anyone heard anything new on UNT?

Reactions: 1 users
just received an email from TTHSC. i got accepted. formal letters were sent out middle of last week and should get to everyone today(monday nov 25) or tomorrow. they conducted 3 sets of interviews during the fall and won't be doing anymore in the spring.

San Antonio hsc sent out invitations for interviews today as well. they will have interviews on dec 12 and 13. i am unsure if they will do interviews in the spring either since last year they didn't spend out gen admission interviews till middle of dec to interview in jan. seems like a lot of schools are trying to get done with interviews early

Congratulations!! I haven't received anything from TTUHSC yet. I called and asked if they sent anything and they said nothing was sent yet. I interviewed on Nov. 8.:( I'll have to be patient. Apparently someone was accepted 5 days before school started!

Congratulations!! I haven't received anything from TTUHSC yet. I called and asked if they sent anything and they said nothing was sent yet. I interviewed on Nov. 8.:( I'll have to be patient. Apparently someone was accepted 5 days before school started!

stay positive! its still pretty early in the application process. i know they handed out a few acceptances after each set of interviews. found out lubbock campus is having another set of interviews next friday. so maybe they will notify everyone before christmas. i think everyone who interviews at least gets wait listed. i talked to some of the students and a couple got off the wait list with only days before they had to show up in lubbock. downside is they only gave me 10 days to make a deposit to secure my spot. so ill have to put down a deposit before finding out about other schools.

stay positive! its still pretty early in the application process. i know they handed out a few acceptances after each set of interviews. found out lubbock campus is having another set of interviews next friday. so maybe they will notify everyone before christmas. i think everyone who interviews at least gets wait listed. i talked to some of the students and a couple got off the wait list with only days before they had to show up in lubbock. downside is they only gave me 10 days to make a deposit to secure my spot. so ill have to put down a deposit before finding out about other schools.

Thanks!! We'll see. I still haven't heard back from UNT or UTMB lol :-/ you're right though. It is early. :) Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Has anyone heard anything new from UTSW? Their application deadline is this Sunday December 1st, so I'm hoping to maybe hear something after then.

I received a email from UTHSCSA on Monday stating that they are running behind on sending out invitations and they will be sent out next week. Did anyone else get this email?

g

I received a email from UTHSCSA on Monday stating that they are running behind on sending out invitations and they will be sent out next week. Did anyone else get this email?

g

I got the same... it was nice of them to give a projected date that we will hear by... even if it is a week from now! This waiting game is rough!

i had an interview with unt and university of central florida and i cancelled both, since i got in to uthscsa. i have an interview with texas state at the end of january, and im still gonna go to that one. :) have you heard from any others island blondy?

I have been accepted to Hardin -Simmons and UTHSCSA, and have just interviewed at UNT and UTMB. My top 2 choices are UTHSCSA and TWU though, so now in just waiting to hear back from TWU! they said it should be around Christmas time

Only 3 more weeks until we hear from TWU.....

Actually I emailed Mary Beth today to ask her a question and she told me Dallas may have their decisions by the end of the week, so who knows, we may get an early Christmas present

Did she mention Houston at all?

They called me this past Friday and asked if I spoke a second language. I wonder if i'm being considered for Dallas. Does anyone know which campus is looking at your application? Or do you only find out when you are accepted/waitlisted?

Did you have Dallas as a preference?

I had no preference. I'm from California and have no family in Texas so I couldn't give a reason. Is one more competitive than the other?

Did you have Dallas as a preference?

I don't think either is more competitive more based upon how many people want specifically into each campus. It's the same school just half the students attend in Dallas and half in Houston.
I don't know how they divide people out but it sounds like Dallas is choosing before Houston.

I just got a phone call from Mary Beth, I got accepted to the TWU Dallas Campus. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a UTHSCSA interview offer.

Wow, Impulse that's awesome! I'm hoping this means the Houston campus will be making decisions soon as well!

I am an alternate for TWU Dallas. Anyone have past experience as one? Chances of getting an acceptance down the road?

I am also an alternate, would like to know the same information that Nihsnek asked lol