Texas PT Schools Application 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email from Mary Beth today. She said, " Houston won't have their lists until next Wednesday."

Members don't see this ad.

I am an alternate for TWU Dallas. Anyone have past experience as one? Chances of getting an acceptance down the road?

Their matriculation rate last year was 56% so it is still possible to get accepted. Good luck!

Thanks jasonc. By the way where did you find those stats? lol. Just wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I have been accepted to TTU and TWU Dallas. I have an interview with UTMB in January and one with Texas State in Jan as well. I didn't make the UNT early deadline due to USPS losing a transcript and I've heard nothing from UTSW so far (seems to be a reoccurring trend). I have no clue as to my preferences for schools at this point.

I spoke with UTSW yesterday and they've finished extending interviews, in case anyone wants to know.

Does anyone know if UTMB or UNTHSC is still inviting for interviews? I'm thinking no.

I also had a difficult time with UNT. After a couple of my transcripts went missing, I doubt mine were lost because of USPS. Try to avoid asking for help from the lady there. I called three different times in one day and she gave me three different answers. She never even asked who I was every time I called. There is a guy there that sometimes picks up and he is helpful. I wonder if this is a reason why they had 2/3 of their interview slots still open one week before the November interview. Does anyone know how their 2013 class did on the NPTE? The last I heard anything was that so far 9 people failed their NPTE during their first try.

So far I have been accepted to TTU and TWU Dallas. I have an interview with UTMB in January and one with Texas State in Jan as well. I didn't make the UNT early deadline due to USPS losing a transcript and I've heard nothing from UTSW so far (seems to be a reoccurring trend). I have no clue as to my preferences for schools at this point.

Well, if all goes according to schedule I guess that means they'll be calling people tomorrow! :)

A friend of mine said she got an official letter from TWU Houston rejecting her application. Has anyone else received this and was your portal updated as well? Mine still says awaiting review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already been accepted to TWU Dallas and received my acceptance letter, but my portal still says awaiting review, so I wouldn't go by that.

I'm beginning to think she meant Wednesday the 18th.

:/ I feel I've hit my quota a long time ago, lol. I'm just trying to remain patient at this point.

Given that their website says Dec 15th, I would assume she meant list out yesterday the 11th. I don't understand the purpose of the portal if they don't update it. I wonder if anyone for Houston campus has gotten a call yet.

Their website says dec 15th but I applied for early process and that letter said dec 20th. So i wouldn't worry.

Well I guess if you haven't gotten a rejection letter in the mail like my friend did, then there's still a chance. She said she received it Tuesday.

So if we are waiting for TWU Houston we will get a call if accepted and a letter in the mail if rejected? They don't email rejections?

Does anyone know if UNT has extended any acceptances yet?

Does anyone know if UNT has extended any acceptances yet?
I haven't heard back. They said during the interview it will be 2-4 weeks whether we hear back. This is the 4th week.

I heard back from Mary Beth and she said she should be getting her list anytime today! Ahhh
For twu houston I mean

Yay! I hope it's in time to start calling people!

I guess no one has heard anything about Houston yet?

I had no preference. I'm from California and have no family in Texas so I couldn't give a reason. Is one more competitive than the other?

I can't speak for this year, but in the past Dallas has been more competitive. More of the applicants listed Dallas as their preferred campus. According to MB.

One possibility, in my opinion? The people that went to TWU for undergrad (which is in Denton) want to stay in the area.

Last edited:
I heard back from Mary Beth and she said she should be getting her list anytime today! Ahhh
For twu houston I mean

Update from Mary Beth:
She still doesn't have the list yet as of 1:30 today. No ETA of when they will give it to her.

I just got accepted to TWU Houston as of 3:12pm central time!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted into houston too!! I missed the call but I go an email :) :)

missed the call but got the acceptance email from mary beth! congrats everyone! :)

Got the call today so I figured I'd sign up and meet my potential fellow students! :) Congrats, everyone!

Thoughts on TWU vs TX ST?

Consider:
On-campus housing vs. Apartment
Is parking free?
Teaching styles that match your learning style
List your priorities and see who comes out on top

Thoughts on TWU vs TX ST?
Just some thoughts based on location... A lot of people would rather live in San Marcos due to its central location, less traffic, and better aesthetics. But, a location bonus to TWU houston is that they are right in the heart of the medical center, which I think is invaluable in terms of experience and connections. If I were you, I'd do TWU :)

Congratulations to those who were accepted to TWU yesterday! Would any of you mind telling me when you need to make your decision by? I was informed that I would be an alternate for TWU, so I am hoping I still have a chance to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to those who were accepted to TWU yesterday! Would any of you mind telling me when you need to make your decision by? I was informed that I would be an alternate for TWU, so I am hoping I still have a chance to get in.

Were you an alternate for Houston or Dallas? And when did you find out?

Congratulations to those who got accepted!

I was put on a waiting list for UTHSCSA and rejected from UTMB (which was expected).
Anyone know how many people get picked from the UTHSC list on average?

Last edited:
Mary Beth informed me that a deposit is not required so I'm assuming people can just hold off as long as they want if they are waiting for other schools. About half of acceptances will accept their offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Not meaning to poke but did UTMB reject you by email or send you a letter or how do you know they rejected you?

Congratulations to those who got accepted!

I was put on a waiting list for UTHSCSA and rejected from UTMB (which was expected).
Anyone know how many people get picked from the UTHSC list on average?
ea

Were you an alternate for Houston or Dallas? And when did you find out?

Pruitt, Mary told me yesterday that I am on the alternate list. I don't know for which campus though. I think she told me unofficially bc it was not in a formal email or anything. I have just been emailing her back and forth for the last couple weeks and she was nice and randomly let me know when she found out a decision on me.

Not meaning to poke but did UTMB reject you by email or send you a letter or how do you know they rejected you?

Jballa, UTMB will send you an email if you are rejected. I had an interview with UTMB on Monday and the director of admissions said that they were probably going to send out a few more invites for interviews in January because they had over 600 applications this year. So if you have not received any emails from them yet, you probably still have a chance to be invited :)

Oh my God! Oh my God! I got the call for TWU Houston!

Reactions: 3 users