Texas Tech Pharmacy 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did u call them or email?
I emailed them today to have the location changed. waiting for an answer..:oops:
I emailed them. Keep in mind they might run out of spots since there are a lot of applicants signed up for Abilene already.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them. Keep in mind they might run out of spots since there are a lot of applicants signed up for Abilene already.
....they already changed it to Abilene...well guess we r meant to be together...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
guess everyone is preparing for interview, thread is quiet

I got an Interview on Sept 30th in Abilene!! Hope to meet some of you there and good luck!

I just wanted to say good luck to those of you who are interviewing this Friday! I hope your interview goes well and according to plan. After the interview could you please share on how it went and a couple of tips for others or some "heads up". I know we are all anxious but having a positive attitude and mindset is critical. Also, we have made it this far so don't give up and once again GOOD LUCK! :)

Reactions: 1 user
The drive almost killed me. I totally underestimated the drive. Thought 2.5hrs should not be too bad ..think again.

Good luck everyone on their interviews!! Just be yourselves and you'll do great:clap:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, interview was not that bad at all. Students and the faculty were super nice and chill. Don't stress out too much because honestly, the best tip I could give you guys is just be yourself and be confident. Show them that you want to be there and they'll believe you want to be there.

Reactions: 1 users
Abbey haha. I think you can tell by my username XD
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
holy cow...........

Hi! I heard that there is a group presentation during the interview. Can anyone who just had the interview tell me what is it like? I would really appreciate it !

Honestly, interview was not that bad at all. Students and the faculty were super nice and chill. Don't stress out too much because honestly, the best tip I could give you guys is just be yourself and be confident. Show them that you want to be there and they'll believe you want to be there.
Hi, can you please tell me what is the student showcase part about? Thank you!

How were the interview questions like (don't need to know the exact questions)?
Do a lot of ED applicants get accepted?

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
holy cow...........
I thought your user name is pronounced "Hay-ya-bay"

i remember someone once said "pharmacy school rankings is a joke"
but does ranking system really matter when looking for a job?
The Supreme Court Judges can only be chosen from Ivy League law schools, and the Wall Street is filled with Ivy League school grads. They both show one fact: school ranking matters for certain situations.
Will CVS care about your school ranking? Probably no, they care more about your licence.
Will residency programs care? totally, they will compare a Tech grad and a UNT grad and say "hmmm, guess what, Tech wins"

From what we hear out there, Tech is a very well respected school in the workforce (esp. for clinical and residency programs). Tech has more clinical hours and is more geared towards clinical. Some schools focus only on the national test, but don't prepare students to meet patients.

Hi! I heard that there is a group presentation during the interview. Can anyone who just had the interview tell me what is it like? I would really appreciate it !

Last year it was a work situation that you had to work through. They are looking for people to participate with the group and voice an opinion.

I thought your user name is pronounced "Hay-ya-bay"
lolol well now you know haha.
Hi, can you please tell me what is the student showcase part about? Thank you!
student showcase was just basically the faculty and students showing you around like compounding labs etc.
Group interview is you as an interviewee working with other interviewees in a group. Team work is extremely important here. Contribute your opinions about a given ethical dilemma.
Good luck to everyone. You guys will do great!

lolol well now you know haha.

student showcase was just basically the faculty and students showing you around like compounding labs etc.

Group interview is you as an interviewee working with other interviewees in a group. Team work is extremely important here. Contribute your opinions about a given ethical dilemma.
Good luck to everyone. You guys will do great!
Ok! Thank you very much! :)

Hello, I was wondering if those who got accepted would kindly tell me their GPA and PCAT score? I don't know if my grades are good enough to get in anywhere :(
My PCAT:
Math: 85
Chemistry: 92
Biology: 58
Reading Comprehension: 58
Composite: 78
As you can see my reading and biology scores are very low....
My GPA isn't the best either my prereq GPA is about a 3.2 and math/science is about a 2.9 (Hopefully this increases after this semester)
Thanks for any helpful answers

Hello, I was wondering if those who got accepted would kindly tell me their GPA and PCAT score? I don't know if my grades are good enough to get in anywhere :(
My PCAT:
Math: 85
Chemistry: 92
Biology: 58
Reading Comprehension: 58
Composite: 78
As you can see my reading and biology scores are very low....
My GPA isn't the best either my prereq GPA is about a 3.2 and math/science is about a 2.9 (Hopefully this increases after this semester)
Thanks for any helpful answers
no one has been accepted yet, just interviews

Can someone who has been to an interview please inform others on how the group and individual interviews were? Maybe like "heads up" or types of questions?

What was the test you can't study for called, that they made you take at the interview?

1. There was no critical thinking test. They used to do it but they didn't do it at our interview.
2. The interview questions were situational based i.e. "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to get a job done." or "Tell me about a bad decision you made and tell us how you dealt with the consequences of that decision." They also ask "Why do you want to be a pharmacist?" obviously.
3. The group activity was a debate-type thing: they gave you an ethical dilemma and you have to talk it over with your group of interviewees to come to a solution to the problem. Ours was about pushing someone up on the liver donor list in order for him to donate $30 million for a children's cancer center. As long as you all contribute and don't leave anyone out of the discussion then you should do great. Don't talk over others either.

Hope that helps! Good luck to everyone that has an interview this Friday!

Reactions: 2 users
1. There was no critical thinking test. They used to do it but they didn't do it at our interview.
2. The interview questions were situational based i.e. "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to get a job done." or "Tell me about a bad decision you made and tell us how you dealt with the consequences of that decision." They also ask "Why do you want to be a pharmacist?" obviously.
3. The group activity was a debate-type thing: they gave you an ethical dilemma and you have to talk it over with your group of interviewees to come to a solution to the problem. Ours was about pushing someone up on the liver donor list in order for him to donate $30 million for a children's cancer center. As long as you all contribute and don't leave anyone out of the discussion then you should do great. Don't talk over others either.

Hope that helps! Good luck to everyone that has an interview this Friday!
Thank you so much for your response. This helps so much!

Im so nervous about the individual interview :(
Sadly, I have a hard time answering those types of questions.

Thank you for the feedback, it was helpful to know and I really appreciate it.

Anyone heard anything about acceptance? I'm dying over here :(

@howtobecool yeah I saw those questions a while back. Thanks though :)

Also is anyone trying to do the PharmD/MBA program?

Whoever is interviewing this Friday in Abilene would you like to meet up somewhere to grab lunch or dinner?

They're probably still working on all the applications...I guess reviewing them take a really long time.
Maybe they r comparing us to the second group. So we may not hear back from them til next week

Anyone heard anything about acceptance? I'm dying over here :(
They said you will get the result by the end of October. But don't worry, unless you didn't say a word or couldn't answer a single question . I heard that all the Early decision interviewees got accepted last year. So we are all good here.

They said you will get the result by the end of October. But don't worry, unless you didn't say a word or couldn't answer a single question . I heard that all the Early decision interviewees got accepted last year. So we are all good here.
Did you call them and ask?