Texas Waitlist Information 2005 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
true blue said:
Where were you accepted out of state?

Good luck with TTU and TCOM :luck:

NSU COM, PCOM GA, waiting on several others.

Your good words were well received :) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why? Because I am having a bad day today. :(

I got the TAMU waitlist letter yesterday....

COULD IT HAVE COME IN A BIGGER ENVELOPE????????????????????

Gosh! My poor mom thought it might have been an acceptance (like I was mistakenly not initially matched....poor Mommy).

Ok, ok, enough ranting.

Thanks for putting up with this. I just really wanted to get that out of my system. :)

Hope you all had a good weekend! :thumbup:

true blue said:
Why? Because I am having a bad day today. :(

I got the TAMU waitlist letter yesterday....

COULD IT HAVE COME IN A BIGGER ENVELOPE????????????????????

Gosh! My poor mom thought it might have been an acceptance (like I was mistakenly not initially matched....poor Mommy).

Ok, ok, enough ranting.

Thanks for putting up with this. I just really wanted to get that out of my system. :)

Hope you all had a good weekend! :thumbup:

rant to your heart's content. its part of what we're here for. my mom might've done the same thing. except nobody has been checking our house's mailbox for medical school correspondence b/c both of my parents are out of the country on vacation and i'm in a different city. happy v-day everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
basten0 said:
rant to your heart's content. its part of what we're here for. my mom might've done the same thing. except nobody has been checking our house's mailbox for medical school correspondence b/c both of my parents are out of the country on vacation and i'm in a different city. happy v-day everyone.
Awww...thanks. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! :love:

What's up, everyone? How are you guys doing?

Does anyone have special plans for Valentine's?

EvoDevo said:
Morning TB!

I'm writing SDN Valentines. And working.

How are you?
Evo! How are you?

I've been OK. Just the usual Monday and I am bored to tears. :)

Hmmm....I wish I were as creative as some of you guys with writing Valentines.

This may not pertain to V-day; it's not an original, but a favorite:

"Roses are red,
violets are blue.
I am schizophrenic,
and so am I."

If someone wrote this to you in a Valentine's card, how would you react?

true blue said:
Evo! How are you?

I've been OK. Just the usual Monday and I am bored to tears. :)

Hmmm....I wish I were as creative as some of you guys with writing Valentines.

This may not pertain to V-day; it's not an original, but a favorite:

"Roses are red,
violets are blue.
I am schizophrenic,
and so am I."

If someone wrote this to you in a Valentine's card, how would you react?
I'd back away. Slowly. Then I'd run. :)

I'm sick. I am spending my v-day convalescing.

Happy V-day everyone :)

For those interested in TCOM, I went by today and got the expanded version previously stated in their waitlist letter. There is NO release of waitlist rank, total number waitlisted, or statement of historical waitlist movement :thumbdown:

As always, TCOM has been most gracious, friendly, courteous, respectful, etc. It really reinforces my desire to attend. No hint of possible chances on moving from the waitlist.

They did say that the most movement occurs in April and early May, when people are making their final decisions and creating openings.

Good luck all you fellow waitlisters :luck:

OrthoFixation said:
Happy V-day everyone :)

For those interested in TCOM, I went by today and got the expanded version previously stated in their waitlist letter. There is NO release of waitlist rank, total number waitlisted, or statement of historical waitlist movement :thumbdown:

As always, TCOM has been most gracious, friendly, courteous, respectful, etc. It really reinforces my desire to attend. No hint of possible chances on moving from the waitlist.

They did say that the most movement occurs in April and early May, when people are making their final decisions and creating openings.

Good luck all you fellow waitlisters :luck:
Thanks for posting this. Although I have nothing to do with the TCOM waitlist, this information is useful because it probably reflects the waitlist movement of the other schools. Thanks Ortho! :) :thumbup:

And as a side note...does anyone else think that it totally blows that the schools are not a little more open about this waitlist thing? I think it would help if they were because those of us in this predicament (?sp) could plan a little better.

Sorry, I am venting again. :( :laugh:

I should really cut down on this venting stuff! :smuggrin:

Happy Valentine's Day y'all! :love: I hope you guys had a good one. I am full of sushi. Mmmm....Miyako's!

I wish they'd be more upfront and open as well..and what was up with the GIANT TAMU envelope?? Thank God I had read the post by True Blue earlier or I would have had a heart attack!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi...

I'm new to this... but after reading all the posts... it's nice to know that so many of you out there are going thru the same thing! It gets so Frustrating... discouraging... just AHHH!!! :eek:

I called UTSA yesterday, and found out I was Waitlisted!

after reading the previous posting... 15 out of 65??? GOOD LAWD... now i'm really nervous!

Please let me know if any of you got accepted from the UTSA WaitList! how fast does that baby move anyways?

Still haven't heard from UTHouston... am I the only one?
:cool:

txkiwieyes said:
Hi...

I'm new to this... but after reading all the posts... it's nice to know that so many of you out there are going thru the same thing! It gets so Frustrating... discouraging... just AHHH!!! :eek:

after reading the previous posting... 15 out of 65??? GOOD LAWD... now i'm really nervous!

Please let me know if any of you got accepted from the UTSA WaitList! how fast does that baby move anyways?

as far as i know, no one on this board has heard from ut-houston. and 15/65 is very decent compared to the wailists at Galveston (200), A&M (221 apparently) and Tech (105). And honestly I can't see any of these schools moving more than 30 (and that seems to be a pretty generous figure) off the waitlist. i mean i really hope i'm wrong on the above statement but i don't know. good luck.

ifailedmcat said:
We should wait a full 2 weeks to see how big the waitlist really is. That's the deadline for waitlist acceptance (oxymoron :()

what do you mean by waitlist acceptance. So far I am only waitlisted at TCOM that I know and I don't think I read anything about letting them know that I wanted to stay on it. Do some schools make you send a letter in to let them know you want to be on the waitlist? Also, when do we get letters from S.A.? I don't want to call, because I don't take verbal rejection well.

Dr. Ditka said:
Do some schools make you send a letter in to let them know you want to be on the waitlist?

Yes. TAMU does. Dunno about others though.

I don't take verbal rejection well.

Totally understand but I'd go ahead and call. At least you will know. The waiting to know ANYTHING is brutal! :)

I called San Antonio last week and they said they weren't authorized to say whether or not you're on the waitlist. :confused: Have they sent letters out yet?

Blue Orchid said:
I called San Antonio last week and they said they weren't authorized to say whether or not you're on the waitlist. :confused: Have they sent letters out yet?
They lied :) Or someone is making up their own rules. Call again and see if you can get to someone else on the phone. There are others on this thread that called SA and found out already, as I'm sure you know.

Good luck and hopefully we will hear some positive news soon! :luck:

Blue Orchid said:

Call 210-567-6080 and speak with Belinda. She was the one who told me

I don't want to throw anything else out there for y'all to stress about, but my friend who got his number one choice on Feb. 1st got a waitlist letter from TAMU. He ranked them #2. :confused: Maybe there are more people on the list that aren't supposed to be and that makes the number so large....maybe that increases your chances!!! :thumbup: :) Just thought I would let y'all know.

txkiwieyes said:
Hi...

Check your PMs (since you are new to SDN, in case you aren't familiar with PMs, look on the upper right of your screen and click on "private messages")

-tx

SFAJess said:
I don't want to throw anything else out there for y'all to stress about, but my friend who got his number one choice on Feb. 1st got a waitlist letter from TAMU. He ranked them #2. :confused: Maybe there are more people on the list that aren't supposed to be and that makes the number so large....maybe that increases your chances!!! :thumbup: :) Just thought I would let y'all know.
Wow! Thanks Jess! That makes me feel a little better. :)

Why are the schools messing up so much this year about the waitlist?

true blue said:
Wow! Thanks Jess! That makes me feel a little better. :)

Why are the schools messing up so much this year about the waitlist?

Yes, thank you very much SFAJESS. Even if it turns out not to be a systematic error but just a random mistake, thanks for the support.

:luck: I'm rooting for y'all, TB, Basten0 and all the others that are in this purgatory! :luck:

Dr. Ditka said:
Also, when do we get letters from S.A.? I don't want to call, because I don't take verbal rejection well.

Dr. Ditka,

you should def call... just to find out! When I asked... I was holding my breath as she looked up my status!

I still haven't gotten my letter yet! I read earlier on the thread that they were mailing it out on the 8th or 10th... and it's already the 15th!! :scared:

Has anyone gotten their letter from UT San Antonio yet?

:) also, if you are waitlisted at San Antonio, the admissions lady said they start pulling people from the waitlist as early as March, and June 1st at the very latest!

:luck: Good LUCK Everyone! Thanks for the Advice TxGuy! I hate all this waiting!

txkiwieyes said:

I got my letter today

txkiwieyes said:
:luck: Good LUCK Everyone! Thanks for the Advice TxGuy! I hate all this waiting!

Anytime! Keep tha faith! :D

We're all here for you guys :thumbup:

-tx

SFAJess said:

Lol, what do you mean stress about? That's great news! It makes a lot of sense too, because I remember from interview day that someone said they submit a list of ~240 people to TMD. A waitlist of 200 makes no sense. San Antonio has a much larger school and they have 65 people on their waitlist?? Makes no sense at all. I am planning on calling A&M 2-3 weeks from now to inquire about the new waitlist size.

Still waiting on UTH to make its list. I already know people who are withdrawing their spots :eek:

ifailedmcat said:
Still waiting on UTH to make its list. I already know people who are withdrawing their spots :eek:

Just out of curiosity, where are the people who are withdrawing their spots going to attend?

eralza said:
Just out of curiosity, where are the people who are withdrawing their spots going to attend?

I know two who are withdrawing from Houston to attend Baylor.

I hear those are really great schools!!!! You would go far in your career if you attended that school instead of a state school. ;)

:laugh:

true blue said:
I hear those are really great schools!!!! You would go far in your career if you attended that school instead of a state school. ;)

:laugh:

I'm with True Blue! Go Baylor and Out of State schools! Leave the state spots to us still waiting... PLEASE! :love:

ifailedmcat said:
Lol, what do you mean stress about? That's great news! It makes a lot of sense too, because I remember from interview day that someone said they submit a list of ~240 people to TMD. A waitlist of 200 makes no sense. San Antonio has a much larger school and they have 65 people on their waitlist?? Makes no sense at all. I am planning on calling A&M 2-3 weeks from now to inquire about the new waitlist size.

Seriously, I thought 200 was a little ridiculous myself.

So attempting to do math this early in the day....say TAMU submitted ~250 names to TMDSAS. 89 matched so that leaves 161 that didn't. Of the 161, we will assume that half (am I being too optimistic?) of those people were accepted elsewhere (say to their top choice). That leaves ~80 people who are on the waitlist. This makes more sense to me.

Now, the dilemma in my calculations...if they were sending out 221 letters and 89 people matched, did they really send a list of 310 people to Austin this year? :confused:

Anyone care to add to this?

true blue said:
Seriously, I thought 200 was a little ridiculous myself.

So attempting to do math this early in the day....say TAMU submitted ~250 names to TMDSAS. 89 matched so that leaves 161 that didn't. Of the 161, we will assume that half (am I being too optimistic?) of those people were accepted elsewhere (say to their top choice). That leaves ~80 people who are on the waitlist. This makes more sense to me.

Now, the dilemma in my calculations...if they were sending out 221 letters and 89 people matched, did they really send a list of 310 people to Austin this year? :confused:

Anyone care to add to this?

See I was under the impression that the texas schools sent TMDSAS a ranked list of everyone they interviewed (or at least nearly everyone they interviewed, rejecting some of the ones they interviewed for reasons beyond me). Then the computer would go as deep as it needs to on these ranked lists until the classes are filled with a few extra accepts. Then the schools would know who matched with them, who didn't match with them, and who on their ranked lists still had not matched. Then they would figure out a waitlist based on that. Cause it is really ahrd for me to see how A&M, in this situation, would send a list to TMDSAS of only 250 people and then have 221 on an initial waitlist.

basten0 said:
See I was under the impression that the texas schools sent TMDSAS a ranked list of everyone they interviewed (or at least nearly everyone they interviewed, rejecting some of the ones they interviewed for reasons beyond me). Then the computer would go as deep as it needs to on these ranked lists until the classes are filled with a few extra accepts. Then the schools would know who matched with them, who didn't match with them, and who on their ranked lists still had not matched. Then they would figure out a waitlist based on that. Cause it is really ahrd for me to see how A&M, in this situation, would send a list to TMDSAS of only 250 people and then have 221 on an initial waitlist.
No, I don't think it is like that because people who interviewed at TAMU were sent rejection letters before the match. I think they have a cutoff score. I read somewhere on the main thread that they sent 250 names to TMDSAS last year and only had to go down to about 150 to fill their class. I guess the remaining 100 were waitlisted. :confused:

Who knows!

txguy said:
Anytime! Keep tha faith! :D

We're all here for you guys :thumbup:

-tx

Txguy, I live in Oregon so my letter won't be here for a while, if I am getting one. I haven't had the courage to call... Does your letter say where you are on the list?

Thanks!

Found out yesterday that I am on the San Antonio waitlist. I'm going to be withdrawing so those that are wanting to go to San Antonio - y'all can duke it out! ;)

arierty said:
Txguy, I live in Oregon so my letter won't be here for a while, if I am getting one. I haven't had the courage to call... Does your letter say where you are on the list?

Thanks!

What list? :confused: :confused:

-tx

My friend called San Antonio today. All they would say was that waitlist letters were sent out Monday. They did say that rejection letters were sent out 2 weeks ago (after the Match). Does that mean that if you haven't received anything, you're on the waitlist?

Hope that helps!

sorry txguy, I thought my original message was supposed to be to you, but I guess it was for kilppy.

txkiwieyes said:

I got my letter today

Kilppy does UTSA tell you where you are on the waitlist?

arierty said:
sorry txguy, I thought my original message was supposed to be to you, but I guess it was for kilppy.

txkiwieyes said:

I got my letter today

Kilppy does UTSA tell you where you are on the waitlist?

No worries, Its all good! :thumbup:

-tx

SA does not tell you where you are on the list..I don't think it is ranked yet b/c you have to send a letter back to them indicating whether or not you wanted to be on their list..The only thing she told me is there are about 65 people who were on the list (or sent letters) and last year they took 15-20 off. I had to pry that last bit of info out of her..

bump...:)

Do all schools make the waitlisted people complete a FAFSA form?

true blue said:
bump...:)

Do all schools make the waitlisted people complete a FAFSA form?
It couldn't hurt you to fill one out...just in case, right?

EvoDevo said:
It couldn't hurt you to fill one out...just in case, right?
Sure. I was just wondering why TAMU wanted to keep track of that many excess FAFSA profiles until August. I thought they had an emergency fund.

Really I just wanted to know if most schools do this. :)

arierty said:

Thanks!

Hi Arierty!

I think you were talking to me! haha LOL! I still haven't gotten my letter... but my roommate has yet to get the mail yet!

If you are talking about the UT San Antonio List, it actually is not ranked... it's just a pool that they pull from, so there's no actually ranking of the ppl in the pool!

:love:

Valtry said:
Found out yesterday that I am on the San Antonio waitlist. I'm going to be withdrawing so those that are wanting to go to San Antonio - y'all can duke it out! ;)

God Bless You Valtry! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.