Texas Waitlist Information 2005 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
getunconcsious said:
trueblue--changed UTH to 2nd at the last minute, but I'm positive it was before Jan. 15. Maybe we were supposed to finalize the match list by Jan. 1?
No, Jan. 15th was the correct date. Glad you matched to Houston!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm...if TAMU just went ahead and waitlisted everyone that matched at higher ranked places, that would do a lot to explain their out-the-wazoo waitlist. And it should do a lot to shorten it too.

TB - you mentioned earlier that you have a MPH. I applied to UTH's, just in case, and since their deadline was Feb. 1, thank goodness I did. Feel like sharing your mph experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
baylorshannon said:
TB - you mentioned earlier that you have a MPH. I applied to UTH's, just in case, and since their deadline was Feb. 1, thank goodness I did. Feel like sharing your mph experience?
I went to UTH for my MPH. Grad school is what you make of it. I can't complain about my experience. PM me for details. :)

I'm calling UTH tomorrow. the first time i called like two weeks ago i got this mean lady and i was afraid to even give her my name. but i'm running out of patience. i'll post the results of my call. late.

Hi everyone,
I know the LMFU theory is shot but I still check it now and then (habit I guess :oops: ). It changed today to 02172005. I didn't match at the school I interviewed at and did not make the waitlist (I called them up). So, did anyone else's date change? Perhaps I am on the waitlist to get on the waitlist :laugh: Still, just out of curiosity, I wonder why my date changed???

basten0 said:
I'm calling UTH tomorrow. the first time i called like two weeks ago i got this mean lady and i was afraid to even give her my name. but i'm running out of patience. i'll post the results of my call. late.

actually, i thought about this for a second and i'm going to give them tell monday. so if nothing comes in the mailbox tomorrow or saturday, then i will call on monday. (sigh :scared: )

After reading some of the other threads... I see a glimmer of hope in the horizon... haha..

well... Baylor will accept ~160 ppl for their entering class 2005. By 2/7/05, only HALF of those spots were filled... Meaning approximately 80 spots are left open at Baylor...

That just means once those spots are filled (by March 15th)... that will leave 80 spots open in the TMDSAS Schools (if ppl turn down schools for Baylor) and there will be 80 SPOTS FOR US WAITLISTERS!?! :rolleyes:

hmm... maybe i'm too optimistic... or am I analyzing this thing too much!?

sigh* gotta get some sleep! EHHK! :eek:

getunconcsious said:
Hmm...if TAMU just went ahead and waitlisted everyone that matched at higher ranked places, that would do a lot to explain their out-the-wazoo waitlist. And it should do a lot to shorten it too.
Yes, I hope so!

RTQPCR said:
Hi everyone,
I know the LMFU theory is shot but I still check it now and then (habit I guess :oops: ). It changed today to 02172005. I didn't match at the school I interviewed at and did not make the waitlist (I called them up). So, did anyone else's date change? Perhaps I am on the waitlist to get on the waitlist :laugh: Still, just out of curiosity, I wonder why my date changed???
Mine changed yesterday also. I am on the waitlist at the school I interviewed at.

basten0 said:
actually, i thought about this for a second and i'm going to give them tell monday. so if nothing comes in the mailbox tomorrow or saturday, then i will call on monday. (sigh :scared: )
Good plan dude! Where else are you waitlisted and did you match anywhere?

txkiwieyes said:
After reading some of the other threads... I see a glimmer of hope in the horizon... haha..

well... Baylor will accept ~160 ppl for their entering class 2005. By 2/7/05, only HALF of those spots were filled... Meaning approximately 80 spots are left open at Baylor...

That just means once those spots are filled (by March 15th)... that will leave 80 spots open in the TMDSAS Schools (if ppl turn down schools for Baylor) and there will be 80 SPOTS FOR US WAITLISTERS!?! :rolleyes:

Don't you wish this was the record year for the number of Texas applicants accepted to Baylor. Oh please Baylor, accept only Texans! :)

true blue said:
Good plan dude! Where else are you waitlisted and did you match anywhere?

no match on feb 1. waitlisted by galveston, TAMU, & Tech. not sure about houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
true blue said:
Don't you wish this was the record year for the number of Texas applicants accepted to Baylor. Oh please Baylor, accept only Texans! :)

damm... I didn't even think about that!
back to pulling out my hair! AHHH! :eek:

EDIT: I just looked up the percentages of in-state matriculants at Baylor for last year 2004, and it was 80%... *whew*... makes me feel a little better... :oops:

txkiwieyes said:
damm... I didn't even think about that!
back to pulling out my hair! AHHH! :eek:

EDIT: I just looked up the percentages of in-state matriculants at Baylor for last year 2004, and it was 80%... *whew*... makes me feel a little better... :oops:
Wow! That high? Makes me feel A LOT better! :)

i wish you were right but baylor accepts alot of out of state people, right, so it's gonna be less than 80 spots. i wish you were right thought.

txkiwieyes said:

Got a letter from UT-Houston today...

...but it was for my roommate getting into dental school. Bastard.

thehopeful said:
i wish you were right but baylor accepts alot of out of state people, right, so it's gonna be less than 80 spots. i wish you were right thought.
If you read txkiwieyes's post, BCM had 80% in-state matriculants last year. That's still a pretty good number.

D_LOVE said:
Got a letter from UT-Houston today...

...but it was for my roommate getting into dental school. Bastard.
Will you be calling them on Monday like basten is?

Has anyone received their UT-Houston waitlist letter yet? Also, does anyone know about how many spots usually open up to waitlisters? :confused:

I think most of us are waiting on Houston...no word yet

allisonb said:
Has anyone received their UT-Houston waitlist letter yet? Also, does anyone know about how many spots usually open up to waitlisters? :confused:

YAY! well.. kind of. :oops: I got too tired of waiting for UTH so I called them and found out that I'm on their waitlist.

She said the Waitlist letters were recently mailed out so I should be getting it in a few more days.

Also... she said there are about 100 people on the waitlist.

hope that helps allison! :rolleyes:

For all those out there still waiting to hear from UTH...

Just CALL! I know it's scary... but think of it this way... at least your weekend won't be ruined wondering about it!

I Just called 5 minutes ago and the lady was pretty nice about it.

JUST DO IT! GOOD LUCK!! :luck: :luck:

txkiwieyes said:
YAY! well.. kind of. :oops: I got too tired of waiting for UTH so I called them and found out that I'm on their waitlist.

She said the Waitlist letters were recently mailed out so I should be getting it in a few more days.

Also... she said there are about 100 people on the waitlist.

hope that helps allison! :rolleyes:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome! Congrats kiwieyes! :D

Can't get Houston on the phone...must be too late. I guess I'll wait till Monday.
Which # did you call Kiwi???
500-5123
500-5116
500-5118???

D_LOVE said:
Can't get Houston on the phone...must be too late. I guess I'll wait till Monday.
500-5123
500-5116
500-5118???
They should be open till 5. Call again :)

D_LOVE said:
500-5123
500-5116
500-5118???

Hi D_LOVE:

I called 713-500-5116!
good luck! :luck:

true blue said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome! Congrats kiwieyes! :D

THANKS TB! :love:

Hopefully we'll get more accurate numbers on how large the Waiting Lists are in early MARCH... since people are just now getting their letters and declining or accepting... :thumbup:

Hey guys,

I withdrew my application (declined to be on the waitlist) at A&M....so at least you guys are one seat closer :oops:

-tx

civic4982 said:
Just called TCOM today to tell them I'm not coming. Hope one of you gets that spot soon! Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with whatever is next for you.

Also, I'm going to be dumb and just ask, because it's really really bothering me. What is LMFU?

LMFU is last master file update. It is on your profile page at TMDSAS, upper center or upper right.

civic4982: Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you were accepted and not on the waitlist.

OrthoFixation said:
LMFU is last master file update. It is on your profile page at TMDSAS, upper center or upper right.

civic4982: Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you were accepted and not on the waitlist.

Yeah I somehow still matched with them even though i already had a match at Texas Tech from a joint program back in December. :shrug:

txguy said:
Hey guys,

I withdrew my application (declined to be on the waitlist) at A&M....so at least you guys are one seat closer :oops:

-tx
Thanks txguy! Was UTSA your top choice?

baylorshannon said:
Ok...what does the date indicate?
Nothing. I belive it is specifically in place to stress out paranoid pre-meds. ;)

so do you guys know bunch of people that will go out of state or baylor. i know one guy who's gonna go to baylor over UTH. and two other people who haven't decided yet. what about you guys do you know alot.

and does everyone that didn't match get on teh waitlist, cuase that's the way it seems. no one has yet said that the school didn't even put them on the waitlist adn just flat out rejected them.

everybody have great weekend

thehopeful said:
and does everyone that didn't match get on teh waitlist, cuase that's the way it seems. no one has yet said that the school didn't even put them on the waitlist adn just flat out rejected them.

I think everyone on this particular thread is on a waitlist of some sort :oops:
if anyone was flat out rejected... they probably wouldn't wanna look around here! hehe..

either that... or everyone is waiting to hear from UT Houston... :scared:

one more seat for southwestern given up too, good luck everyone!

thehopeful said:

I was "rejected" from Houston and San Antonio when they told me that I wasn't on their waitlist. I'm in UTMB's "applicant pool" but since there's 200 people on it I'm not sure what my chances are. But I matched at TCOM so I probably shouldnt' complain

so is there anything we can do to improve our rankings on the waiting list? I feel like I just can't sit still.

I just got my UT- Houston waitlist letter in the mail today. It's about time it arrived! Good luck to everyone with a waitlist situation. :)

so is there anything we can do to improve our rankings on the waiting list? I feel like I just can't sit still.

tmiho said:
so is there anything we can do to improve ourselves on the waiting list? I feel like I just can't sit still.

Not sure about the other waiting lists... but the ones at UT Houston and UT San Antonio are NOT Ranked... so there's really not much else you can do.

I also asked UT Houston if I could update my application... (i.e. w/ grades from the upcoming semester and last semester, as well as new healthcare experience) but they said I couldn't and they will review my app as is from TMDSAS! :mad: so that sucks...

just gotta wait around I guess. We shouldn't hear from them til' around late March at the earliest! :confused:

actually baylor will accept ~300 for a class of ~160. and they've only given out half of their acceptances. so that means they will probably take another ~100. i am deciding between southwestern and baylor and also waiting for non-rolling schools in march. hang in there guys! i am sure alot of people will make up their minds between baylor and southwestern or southwestern and out of state places after UTSW's 2nd look weekend on the 25th. i KNOW that there will be lots of waitlist movement. you may just have to wait a couple of months. also, baylor apparently closes its class on march 15th, so people will get in around then, and more spots will open up.

txkiwieyes said:

VeggieGal said:
actually baylor will accept ~300 for a class of ~160. and they've only given out half of their acceptances. so that means they will probably take another ~100. i am deciding between southwestern and baylor and also waiting for non-rolling schools in march. hang in there guys! i am sure alot of people will make up their minds between baylor and southwestern or southwestern and out of state places after UTSW's 2nd look weekend on the 25th. i KNOW that there will be lots of waitlist movement. you may just have to wait a couple of months. also, baylor apparently closes its class on march 15th, so people will get in around then, and more spots will open up.

thanks for the info VegGal! congrats on your acceptances! must be great have schools to decide from! but you deserve it! :love:

good luck deciding!

i got my houston waitlist letter on friday.

People in other threads mentioned sending letters of intent to one school that they would like most to attend. Since UTMB is my only waitlist, would it be worth a shot to write them a letter expressing my interest in the school? Or do the Texas schools not pay attention to these things?

texaninphilly said:
one more seat for southwestern given up too, good luck everyone!
Thanks! Were you accepted to Baylor?

Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.