Status
Not open for further replies.

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
I had to pry that last bit of info out of her..
AAAGGGGGHHH!!!!!

Why are they so not willing to give out info? You literally have to ask 20 questions before you find out anything! :mad: Do these admissions office people do some kind of pinky swear thing when they are hired on?

Sorry for the rant...back to your normally scheduled waiting :)
 

basten0

Guest
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
161
0
Status
txkiwieyes said:
God Bless You Valtry! :thumbup:
Definitely thank you Valtry. I can't dog on those who are holding multiple spots at maybe a TMDSAS school and 1 or more AMCAS schools cause in way you've earned the right to hold those spots for awhile. But for those of you who have dropped wait spots or even admit spots because you've made up your mind already, my props to you. now you will have till august to just chill and get ready for med school.
 
About the Ads

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
171
0
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
finally got my waitlist letter in...

sending it out tomorrow...

now to spend the next days... weeks... months... waiting... :eek:
 

basten0

Guest
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
161
0
Status
true blue said:
Thanks to TAMU and having to file FAFSA, I did my taxes early.

I am getting $1500 back!!!!!!!!!!! WHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wow, this is probably going to sound horrific but what do you mean by "thanks to TAMU and having to file FAFSA"?
 

SFAJess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
725
0
37
Temple, TX
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
true blue said:
Mornin' basten!

The waitlist letter said to file FAFSA.
Did it give your their code? Would you mind posting it? There were quite a few codes posted in our original thread and I don't know which is correct.

Thanks!! :)
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
SFAJess said:
Did it give your their code? Would you mind posting it? There were quite a few codes posted in our original thread and I don't know which is correct.

Thanks!! :)
I got the code off of the FAFSA brouchure they gave us in the financial aid packet. I think is EE00098 or something like that. I will check when I get home and post it tonight.
 

drsungoddess

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2004
106
0
38
California
Status
when you fill out the fasfa you can do a search for schools, that is how i found all of my codes.
 

txguy

...
10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
1,327
18
refer to screen name
Status
Attending Physician
SFAJess said:
TAMU wasn't showing up for me and the code somebody else had given was for the Dental school.
SFAJess--

Use the code on the FAFSA brochure we got when we interviewed at A&M: E00998. (There should be a white sticker on your FAFSA brochure that gives this school code) Just to be sure, I would call the A&M office to confirm its the right one.

I wouldn't trust the code search either....I found all of my school codes in the packets we got on the interview trail--then I called each school's financial aid office and made sure I had the right code for the medical school.

Good luck :luck: :luck:

-tx
 

brando

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
5
0
40
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Status
i read earlier that san antonio sent out rejects (post match) 2 weeks ago. if you hvent got this letter, is it a good thing? has anyone recieved a waitlist letter from them in dallas? whats taking so long?
 
About the Ads

drdljd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
3
0
Status
D_LOVE said:
Still nobody has heard from UT-H???
I spoke with the admissions office this afternoon and she said letters were mailed last Monday. She also said that the pool was not ranked and was made up of approx 100 names. (I am a parent that is sweating it out with their applicant and thought this info might be helpful)
 

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
171
0
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
drdljd said:
I spoke with the admissions office this afternoon and she said letters were mailed last Monday. She also said that the pool was not ranked and was made up of approx 100 names. (I am a parent that is sweating it out with their applicant and thought this info might be helpful)
thanks for the much needed info! I wonder if they will tell you if you're on the waiting list at UT-H if you call and ask... but i'm to nervous too call... :eek:
 

drdljd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
3
0
Status
txkiwieyes said:
thanks for the much needed info! I wonder if they will tell you if you're on the waiting list at UT-H if you call and ask... but i'm to nervous too call... :eek:
You are welcome! I didn't ask about names on the list --since I'm a parent I thought that would be pushing it a bit too far - I'm probably already TOO involved! But what's a mom to do?

Good luck to all that are impatiently waiting!
 

eralza

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2004
355
3
51
Virginia
Status
Medical Student
brando said:
i read earlier that san antonio sent out rejects (post match) 2 weeks ago. if you hvent got this letter, is it a good thing? has anyone recieved a waitlist letter from them in dallas? whats taking so long?
I got a verbal confirmation that I did not make the waitlist, but I haven't received a letter yet. However, mail usually takes a few extra days to make it over here.
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
drdljd said:
I spoke with the admissions office this afternoon and she said letters were mailed last Monday. She also said that the pool was not ranked and was made up of approx 100 names. (I am a parent that is sweating it out with their applicant and thought this info might be helpful)
Thanks for posting that. I know some people are anxiously waiting to hear from UT-H on this thread. In light of this information, surely some Houston peeps must have received the letter by now.

Anyone?
 

davidr

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2003
42
0
Visit site
Status
true blue said:
Thanks for posting that. I know some people are anxiously waiting to hear from UT-H on this thread. In light of this information, surely some Houston peeps must have received the letter by now.

Anyone?
I live less than 10 miles from the school and have not received a letter positive or negative from UTH.

They must be sitting in the mailroom ;)
 

thehopeful

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
312
0
Status
I live 15 miles from UTH and since i haven't gotten a letter i assume i am not on their waitlist. it was my first choice. as you can imagine how i feel.....
 

baylorshannon

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
88
0
Houston
Status
I live about 50 miles away, and no letter for me either. Surely they send out rejection letters though, right? I mean, schools I didn't even interview at sent rejection letters....bastards. As if I didn't know I wasn't going to be going there. ;-)
 
About the Ads

D_LOVE

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
39
0
TX
Status
Just wondering...I matched with my final choice, UTMB. I had Houston as #1, and it really was the only one I cared to go to. I guess I'll just wait to here. I know we'd all love for people to start moving up or declining offers.
 

thehopeful

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
312
0
Status
UTH told me they send waitlist letter on mon. and rejection letter will be out in two weeks so i am thinking if i haven't gotten mail yet then i didn't match. and i hear as posted only 100 people seems small.
so has no one gotten a waitlist letter. so tomorrow is the day.
 

thehopeful

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
312
0
Status
D love what choice was UTMB. 2nd or 5th.
and yo i'd take UTMB faster then speed of light.
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
SFAJess said:
TAMU wasn't showing up for me and the code somebody else had given was for the Dental school.
Jess, I'm sure you've already figured this out but just in case, the TAMU FAFSA code is E00998.

Edit: DOH! I just saw txguy's post. :laugh:
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
Call them and confirm whether you are on the waitlist or not :) . Some of you may sleep easier (whatever that is :oops: ).

I still haven't seen any posts from people waitlisted at UTH who received a letter. Nobody has gotten the letter? :eek:

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Back to my regularly scheduled glass of wine. :cool:
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
D_LOVE said:
Just wondering...I matched with my final choice, UTMB. I had Houston as #1, and it really was the only one I cared to go to. I guess I'll just wait to here. I know we'd all love for people to start moving up or declining offers.
Where all did you interview?
 

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
Back to my regularly scheduled glass of wine. :cool:[/QUOTE]


TB, I also find a glass of wine ( or three) helps kill time in this waitlist purgatory.. Watching mindless TV (the OC) helps as well..

I called both A&M and SA just to double check the #'s on their waitlists and again was told A&M sent out 221 waitlist letters and SA sent 65
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
TB, I also find a glass of wine (or three) helps kill time in this waitlist purgatory.. Watching mindless TV (the OC) helps as well..
I am amazed at how much wine I am able to consume these days. I probably shouldn't be admitting this on a public board, but what the hell! I actually made it to 4 glasses on Monday night. :eek: Well, I was also doing my taxes so I figured I deserved it anyway. :p

Merlot and a good book are my best friends these days. ;) I'm just really glad my job is a busy one. It helps keep my mind off of things (well, sort of :) )
 

getunconcsious

Very tired PGY1
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,094
9
36
Cloud 8
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Did anyone else find it somewhat offensive that stupid Aggieland is sending out letters trying to solicit us into their MPH program, and talking about how they've had so many successful reapplicants? They slipped it in with the waitlist letter. I wanted to send something back telling them to shove it (I've since decided that UTH is much better, don't know what I was smoking when I made my match list), but of course I just meekly checked that "No Thanks, withdraw my application" box and sent it back.
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
getunconcsious said:
Did anyone else find it somewhat offensive that stupid Aggieland is sending out letters trying to solicit us into their MPH program, and talking about how they've had so many successful reapplicants? They slipped it in with the waitlist letter. I wanted to send something back telling them to shove it (I've since decided that UTH is much better, don't know what I was smoking when I made my match list), but of course I just meekly checked that "No Thanks, withdraw my application" box and sent it back.
I'm so glad you brought up that MPH thing. Yes, I was a little offended. That, and I already have my MPH so I just ignored the letter anyway. A letter like that makes people think that going the MPH route will better their chances. It obviously did not help me very much. It's really all about numbers. That's the bottom line.

Congrats on UTH, getunconscious! Good luck to you! :)
 
About the Ads

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
Yep..I pretty much crumpled that thing up and chunked it in the trash..The more I think about A&M and their 221 waitlist letters, the more annoyed I get..
 

thehopeful

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
312
0
Status
about A&M, eventhough they send 221 letters about half of the people will tell them no, so the wailist will be ~100, which is tolerable. and i just watch mindless tv to keep my mind off but doesn't work, and school doesn't help either. so i just walk endlessly it seems.
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
thehopeful said:
about A&M, eventhough they send 221 letters about half of the people will tell them no, so the wailist will be ~100, which is tolerable. and i just watch mindless tv to keep my mind off but doesn't work, and school doesn't help either. so i just walk endlessly it seems.
15 days from the date on the letter is around the end of this month. When do you think they will have the actual count on the waitlist? March 15?
 

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
They have the smallest class and it seems like they sent largest number of waitlist letters..SA only sent 65, Tech around 105 and A&M sends out 221?? Come on..50 people would easily do the trick considering last year they only took 4 off the list..They want to keep your hopes up so you'll send that $45 secondary fee again next year..Sorry if this is ranty and harsh..Barring an act of God, I will be sending that fee again next year..
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
They have the smallest class and it seems like they sent largest number of waitlist letters..SA only sent 65, Tech around 105 and A&M sends out 221?? Come on..50 people would easily do the trick considering last year they only took 4 off the list..They want to keep your hopes up so you'll send that $45 secondary fee again next year..Sorry if this is ranty and harsh..Barring an act of God, I will be sending that fee again next year..
I think, from what hopeful is saying, and from Jess's post, is that people on TAMU's TMDSAS list who did not match to their school are all receiving this letter. In other words, there are some people, i.e. getunconscious and someone else (can't remember), who matched elsewhere (probably a higher choice). The thing is, I think we assume that TMDSAS or the school removes those people who were on the list but matched at their higher choice. I do not think this is the case. I am beginning to think that TAMU just sent a letter to everyone on the TMDSAS list who did not match with them at all. This sucks because what if someone who ranks and gets into their top choice decides to stay on the TAMU list because he/she changed his/her mind about his/her rank list after the match? That would suck and totally defeat what TMDSAS says on their site about how the match works.

Make any sense?

Although I do agree about the waitlist size. I think there should be no more than half of the size of the seats they are looking to fill (for example, TAMU should have no more than 40 on this list).

Kilppy, I am just as frustrated as you are. I must have another glass. :)
 

getunconcsious

Very tired PGY1
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,094
9
36
Cloud 8
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
true blue said:
I think, from what hopeful is saying, and from Jess's post, is that people on TAMU's TMDSAS list who did not match to their school are all receiving this letter. In other words, there are some people, i.e. getunconscious and someone else (can't remember), who matched elsewhere (probably a higher choice). The thing is, I think we assume that TMDSAS or the school removes those people who were on the list but matched at their higher choice. I do not think this is the case. I am beginning to think that TAMU just sent a letter to everyone on the TMDSAS list who did not match with them at all. This sucks because what if someone who ranks and gets into their top choice decides to stay on the TAMU list because he/she changed his/her mind about his/her rank list after the match? That would suck and totally defeat what TMDSAS says on their site about how the match works. :)

Yeah, it doesn't make sense, I thought they closed your application at lower ranked places :confused:

Anyways trueblue, you're great, I hope that you get accepted! And just think, everyone who withdraws from the waitlist or declines their acceptance brings you that much closer :cool:
 

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
Kilppy, I am just as frustrated as you are. I must have another glass. :)[/QUOTE]


I just poured myself another..On a positive note, I found out today I was admitted into UT-Austin as a non degree seeking grad. student..No big deal, I basically paid 50 to get back into the University, but it feels nice to be back in school..It's been almost 3 years since I have taken a class!!
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
getunconcsious said:
Yeah, it doesn't make sense, I thought they closed your application at lower ranked places :confused:

Anyways trueblue, you're great, I hope that you get accepted! And just think, everyone who withdraws from the waitlist or declines their acceptance brings you that much closer :cool:
Thanks getunconscious! I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Was UTH your 2nd or 3rd choice?
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
I just poured myself another..On a positive note, I found out today I was admitted into UT-Austin as a non degree seeking grad. student..No big deal, I basically paid 50 to get back into the University, but it feels nice to be back in school..It's been almost 3 years since I have taken a class!!
YAY to both the re-admission and another glass! :)

What classes are you planning on taking?
 

D_LOVE

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
39
0
TX
Status
thehopeful said:
D love what choice was UTMB. 2nd or 5th.
and yo i'd take UTMB faster then speed of light.
UTMB was 4th behind UT-H, SA, and Tech. I'd love to move up in TX or get in out of state so more people can get in. Guess I'll just keep checking the mail...
 

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
true blue said:
YAY to both the re-admission and another glass! :)

What classes are you planning on taking?

I was thinking Cell Bio or some upper division Bio classes..I have my BA in Psych with a minor in biology, so I have taken quite a bit of biology but more can't hurt..
 

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
171
0
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm trying to get this whole waitlist thing straight... so the only way it's going to start really moving is if people who have already matched 1) decide not to go... or 2) go to Baylor or Out of State schools....

So does anyone know when Baylor starts accepting people?? (is there a match system in place for them)?? I think once we figure out a date that Baylor starts accepting folks... it will give us a good idea on when the lines are really going to start moving...

or am I all wrong and it doesn't work this way???
:scared:
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
I was thinking Cell Bio or some upper division Bio classes..I have my BA in Psych with a minor in biology, so I have taken quite a bit of biology but more can't hurt..
Good choice!

And now showing my age (or not?)...I am listening to Wham!, Guns-n-Roses, Culture Club, INXS, etc etc...

Waiting blows! :oops:
 

kilppy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2003
92
0
40
Austin
Visit site
Status
true blue said:
Good choice!

And now showing my age (or not?)...I am listening to Wham!, Guns-n-Roses, Culture Club, INXS, etc etc...

Waiting blows! :oops:

Wow..I am not that old..Just Kidding..I am turning the big 26 in May and feel like an old timer interviewing with all these 21-22 year olds!!
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
txkiwieyes said:
I'm trying to get this whole waitlist thing straight... so the only way it's going to start really moving is if people who have already matched 1) decide not to go... or 2) go to Baylor or Out of State schools....

So does anyone know when Baylor starts accepting people?? (is there a match system in place for them)?? I think once we figure out a date that Baylor starts accepting folks... it will give us a good idea on when the lines are really going to start moving...

or am I all wrong and it doesn't work this way???
:scared:
Or defer...other than that, yes, you got it!

:oops:
 

true blue

is a chick!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
605
0
TX
Visit site
Status
kilppy said:
Wow..I am not that old..Just Kidding..I am turning the big 26 in May and feel like an old timer interviewing with all these 21-22 year olds!!
I guess I'm just an old soul. I am about to move to Johnny Cash. :D

I'm older than you :smuggrin:

:p
 

getunconcsious

Very tired PGY1
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,094
9
36
Cloud 8
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
trueblue--changed UTH to 2nd at the last minute, but I'm positive it was before Jan. 15. Maybe we were supposed to finalize the match list by Jan. 1?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads