The Little Mermaid WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unless someone was converted, what Mel told me in our PM coincides with the kill choice.
You're going to have to explain that a little more, because I'm not seeing the connection, or why you should be basing anything on what Mel said in PM

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to have to explain that a little more, because I'm not seeing the connection, or why you should be basing anything on what Mel said in PM

Mel started calling Crayola chaos out of nowhere which implies to me the wolves already knew and he slipped that out. And Mel has avoided saying anything about DVMD the whole game.

Unofficial Day 7 Lynch Tally

AM (1) - DVMD
DVMD (1) - AM

2/5 votes
lynch close in ~ 11 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Mel started calling Crayola chaos out of nowhere which implies to me the wolves already knew and he slipped that out. And Mel has avoided saying anything about DVMD the whole game.
Well, he wasn't alive that long. But I see what you mean.

Still, I'd like some reason why I shouldn't lynch you rather than just reasons why I should lynch DVMD.

Oh FFS, AM is full of crap.

@Animal Midwife how about this....I've laid out everything....I'm Max the dog, had one lynch avoidance.

You've laid out nada...who are you...it is time. We are at that point.

You've been shady as hell all game

Lynched yourself.

Wouldn't answer questions directly when asked. Especially the whole how you knew there were 3 wolves. And how you knew who 2 were. You evaded and avoided then claimed accolades only once those players were gone.

So clear the air.... because you've been the only one dodging questions all game.

Still, I'd like some reason why I shouldn't lynch you rather than just reasons why I should lynch DVMD.

I really suck at defending. Is there a specific reason(s) you think I'm a wolf?

You've laid out nada...who are you...it is time. We are at that point.

You know I hold out on role revealing as long as possible.

Lynched yourself.

I was being a little b****. I only ended up knowing one wolf instead of two and was frustrated.

Wouldn't answer questions directly when asked. Especially the whole how you knew there were 3 wolves. And how you knew who 2 were. You evaded and avoided then claimed accolades only once those players were gone.

Through my experience with PMing, I've gotten pretty decent at parsing out wolfy reactions towards me. I still think there's three wolves.

So clear the air.... because you've been the only one dodging questions all game.

Ask away.

I really suck at defending. Is there a specific reason(s) you think I'm a wolf?

You know I hold out on role revealing as long as possible.

I was being a little b****. I only ended up knowing one wolf instead of two and was frustrated.

Through my experience with PMing, I've gotten pretty decent at parsing out wolfy reactions towards me. I still think there's three wolves.

Ask away.

All a bunch of non-answers... and repeated hand waving. How does "my experience with PMing/parsing out wolfy interactions" have ANYTHING to do with the number of wolves in the game? Huh? Also, how did you KNOW the wolves but only claimed accolades and went "ha-ha, see told you!" after the wolves finally died? These are the questions I asked above that you did not answer in this above response you need to do better than vague responses... direct answers with supportive evidence is needed.

Also please explain how Mel mentioning Crayola as chaos has anything to do with me... as you stated it does above. You seemingly just ignored that question.

How does "my experience with PMing/parsing out wolfy interactions" have ANYTHING to do with the number of wolves in the game? Huh?

It has to do with wolf-hunting the old-fashioned way. Looking for inconsistencies in game progress and knowledge. If someone seems wolfy, boom. One wolf.

Also, how did you KNOW the wolves but only claimed accolades and went "ha-ha, see told you!" after the wolves finally died?

Would you rather I didn't say anything at all? I've been doing my best to keep wolves in the dark this whole game.

Also please explain how Mel mentioning Crayola as chaos has anything to do with me... as you stated it does above. You seemingly just ignored that question.

Missed it on my first read through. Answered now.

Someone told Mel Crayola was chaos and he didn't want to discuss you.

So you are implying I told Mel that Crayola is chaos...

Two issues with this:

1. If even thought or had ANY inclination Crayola might be chaos, I would have been all over that in the thread. I don't let chaos live, at all, ever. You can see my prior game history as proof. Chaos should be killed with fire, from space. And I would have been screaming all over this thread to kill it. Yet, nada... that is because I never even thought Crayola was chaos.

2. I couldn't even PM with Crayola until well after Mel died.... and I refused to PM with her. I won't open that can of worms but basically Crayola is like WS for me, so I just avoid PMing... you probably weren't around when WS was, but for anyone who was, they would get what I am saying.

3. I bet Mel didn't discuss multiple people... not just me. Are you going to go through the list of every person Mel mentioned? Or are you only honing in on me because I am the easy lynch target today?

So your above "theory" is falling flat for multiple reasons.

It has to do with wolf-hunting the old-fashioned way. Looking for inconsistencies in game progress and knowledge. If someone seems wolfy, boom. One wolf.

Umm... duh, we all know there will be at least one wolf.. this isn't even an answer.

Would you rather I didn't say anything at all? I've been doing my best to keep wolves in the dark this whole game.

Actually, for your own info in future games since I am now 99.9% sure you are wolf, yes, saying nothing would be better for you. Going around bragging that you "know 2/3 wolves" and then skating and avoiding every question involving that until AFTER the wolves die and then going "Ha! See I told you I knew who the wolves are!!! Ha ha ha!" makes you look horridly suspicious. You would have been better to not say anything at all.

1. If even thought or had ANY inclination Crayola might be chaos, I would have been all over that in the thread. I don't let chaos live, at all, ever. You can see my prior game history as proof. Chaos should be killed with fire, from space. And I would have been screaming all over this thread to kill it. Yet, nada... that is because I never even thought Crayola was chaos.

Good to know.

2. I couldn't even PM with Crayola until well after Mel died.... and I refused to PM with her. I won't open that can of worms but basically Crayola is like WS for me, so I just avoid PMing... you probably weren't around when WS was, but for anyone who was, they would get what I am saying.

Okay...

3. I bet Mel didn't discuss multiple people... not just me. Are you going to go through the list of every person Mel mentioned? Or are you only honing in on me because I am the easy lynch target today?

You're not easy. I'm the only one voting for you. Mel mentioned 10 different villagers/non-villagers in our chat, but never any wolves (that I'm aware of).

So your above "theory" is falling flat for multiple reasons.

If it not kc or WZ, it has to be you. I can't think of any reason LIS would be a wolf.

Umm... duh, we all know there will be at least one wolf.. this isn't even an answer.

I'm talking about knowing.

Actually, for your own info in future games since I am now 99.9% sure you are wolf, yes, saying nothing would be better for you. Going around bragging that you "know 2/3 wolves" and then skating and avoiding every question involving that until AFTER the wolves die and then going "Ha! See I told you I knew who the wolves are!!! Ha ha ha!" makes you look horridly suspicious. You would have been better to not say anything at all.

Too bad that 0.01% is enough for you to be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it not kc or WZ, it has to be you. I can't think of any reason LIS would be a wolf.

Exactly my point. I am the easiest lynch target for you...

WZ just claimed Prince Eric, so you aren't likely getting a lynch in there

KC was rezzed by WZ and was previously a villager, you are unlikely to get a lynch there.

LIS is claiming an ability that (as far as I know) you don't know what it is... you are unlikely to get a lynch there.

SO... what is your choice?? Hmm... I know I am going to early lynch DVMD because she has been suspicious all game and had a suspicious ability.

This is my entire point... you left me in and targeted me because I AM the easy lynch target right now. And you notice... we have information on every single player in this game except for you.. so why exactly are you so adamant to hold back?

In the interim... this is every mod PM I have received this game..... minus the obvious thing in brackets to not allow wolves more info about what happened with LeTits and I. I am good after this. I have nothing else to share/give. I urge the others to see if they can get @Animal Midwife to reveal more about her role/character, because she really is the last unknown in the game. I am off to get lunch and enjoy another day off...

max-the-little-mermaid-33989036-400-225.jpg

Max, you are a villager and have one lynch avoidance. What a good boy!

My bad. {insert things about what occurred with LeTits}

I don't know how I missed you this morning. Sorry! :oops:

Your lynch avoidance has been used!

Yay!.... oh wait .... boooo...

;)

Hey AM!
Not sure if I should be sketched out by you, nothing has red flagged yet, but I need someone to bounce this off of, so I'm taking a chance.

Why did KC volunteer info about her ability? Sure she had 3 votes on her but they were RVS at the beginning of the day, votes that probably would have gone away. If she's town then wouldn't this paint a target on her back? (Unless thats what she was trying to do?) I don't know what a wolf would have gained by doing this either?
IDK, thoughts?

Wait, you're the one who pointed out to me that Nohika hasn't checked in. Why is your vote still on her?

I'm sorry I'm not buying this. If you were really worried about Nohika getting lynched from my vote, you could've moved your vote or unvoted. Now by pointing out Kara, it feels like you're trying to guide my suspicion back to my first misguided lynch vote....

I don't know.... I see what you're saying that we can't take Trout at face value since we don't know her alignment, but I'm really getting sketch vibes from you right now.

Alright after thinking in circles about it, I'm feeling a little better about you, and besides Coopah doesn't have the experience required to help me with this question: do you think having the ability to double vote is more likely a wolf ability or a village ability?

Is it possible Trilt/Rabbott has a double vote ability and thats why Pippy didn't get lynched?
I like Rabbott for wolf for making the tie in the first place, but if he is the one with the double vote, then he knew he wasn't making a tie, and purposely wanted to see KC lynched.
Trilt, I could possibly see as having the DV and just parking on KC for shiggles.

I need your help parsing out a theory, I don't want to do it open on thread because it might screw us.

LIS has said a statement along the lines of "I am very important to village" multiple times now. The first time was when there was absolutely no pressure on him.
Earlier after the Rabbott lynch LIS also says this:
"I'm a LITTLE surprised it didn't result in lynch-avoidance ... most people around pre-vet SDN are, in my estimation, a little afraid to lynch people who claim an important role. Some of us are more in the "screw it - you're suspicious, I'm lynching you." But things like claiming to be a seer or something can often buy you a day around here. So something like "the village can't win without me" ... kinda surprised that went down.

Ah well. Is what it is."
What are the chances that he is taking advantage of this phenomenon? If he is actually as important as he says he is, I'm afraid to push it on thread.

If LIS is a seer like he's hinting, I can't risk being redirected to him, and i think thats a distinct possibility seeing as how Crayola was swinging for the fences on me today.
Is there anything about what you know/role/whatever indicating that I should take that risk?

Exactly my point. I am the easiest lynch target for you...

WZ just claimed Prince Eric, so you aren't likely getting a lynch in there

KC was rezzed by WZ and was previously a villager, you are unlikely to get a lynch there.

LIS is claiming an ability that (as far as I know) you don't know what it is... you are unlikely to get a lynch there.

SO... what is your choice?? Hmm... I know I am going to early lynch DVMD because she has been suspicious all game and had a suspicious ability.

This is my entire point... you left me in and targeted me because I AM the easy lynch target right now. And you notice... we have information on every single player in this game except for you.. so why exactly are you so adamant to hold back?

That why I said barring conversion. You're the only one that makes sense as an original. If there was a conversion, I'd consider a different candidate. 5 original non-villagers is realistic in a game this size, yes?

I hold back because I don't like role revealing unless necessary. At all.

Hmm... Interesting Mel was concerned about being redirected to LIS... especially since we know Mel was a wolf... maybe more concerned about killing LIS??? Did this ever cross your mind AM?

That why I said barring conversion. You're the only one that makes sense as an original. If there was a conversion, I'd consider a different candidate. 5 original non-villagers is realistic in a game this size, yes?

I hold back because I don't like role revealing unless necessary. At all.

Where are the PMs from Mel about Crayola being chaos?

Hmm... Interesting Mel was concerned about being redirected to LIS... especially since we know Mel was a wolf... maybe more concerned about killing LIS??? Did this ever cross your mind AM?

Honestly no.

Where are the PMs from Mel about Crayola being chaos?

I only quoted one for each mentioned player.

Here's the chaos specific one.

That would mean there are two chaos players, one who post restricted Trilt and Crayola. Unless Crayola has both abilities which would be power-broken as hell.

Where is the PM prior to that chaos one... clearly you guys were discussing chaos players prior to that... I want to see that PM as the one you quoted is very obviously taken out of context.

Where is the PM prior to that chaos one... clearly you guys were discussing chaos players prior to that... I want to see that PM as the one you quoted is very obviously taken out of context.

Here.

I know nothing that'd be of assistance to you, but if Crayola intentionally redirects you to LIS than she's probably chaos at best. Blocking can't hurt now that you've outed yourself.

That quote is from you.... you stated chaos then she responded with the Crayola having two abilities. You started the chaos talking in that PM thread.... but then again you are cherry picking things....so maybe post all of the convo...you've got nothing to hide, so you say.

Yeah, because LIS said not to block him and I assumed Crayola saw that and would be causing trouble if that happened if chaos.

And the entire PM or am I misunderstanding?

Yeah, because LIS said not to block him and I assumed Crayola saw that and would be causing trouble if that happened if chaos.

And the entire PM or am I misunderstanding?

That part there shows you suggested Crayola as chaos, so posting on thread that someone else told Mel that is incredibly dishonest...heck you said Mel mentioned it to you and the reverse is actually true. And yes, posting all of the PMs instead of cherry picking so we can see flow and conversation.... how can we know you aren't just omitting where Mel mentioned others?

I don't think AM would have fabricated all of those PMs, and most wolves don't have the forethought to have full on conversations with fellow wolves outside of the pack PM. It would be a good strategy but it's time consuming and just doesn't happen. So I'm inclined to believe these conversations were legitimate, which would mean AM is not a wolf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I don't think AM would have fabricated all of those PMs, and most wolves don't have the forethought to have full on conversations with fellow wolves outside of the pack PM. It would be a good strategy but it's time consuming and just doesn't happen. So I'm inclined to believe these conversations were legitimate, which would mean AM is not a wolf.

I'm thinking that way too to be honest, but where does that lead us because I can promise you I'm not a wolf..... didn't fabricate my role PM. Didn't just sit on a tie last night while able to change it thus losing my lynch avoidance. I mean that would've been game winning for me.

I'm thinking that way too to be honest, but where does that lead us because I can promise you I'm not a wolf..... didn't fabricate my role PM. Didn't just sit on a tie last night while able to change it thus losing my lynch avoidance. I mean that would've been game winning for me.
How confident are you in LIS's ability being villagery?

How confident are you in LIS's ability being villagery?

Let's put it this way....I'm the only crazy person to have given that ability to a wolf, specifically because it is a decent cover. Didn't Finn or Mel state they were originally going after LIS but were redirected? I think it was Mel who said that on thread.

I dunno, I've felt odd about LIS all game but yes that ability is very much village typically.

I guess we could go down the conversion route if we wanted to. Because like I said, I don't think we have an explanation for the lack of wolf kill the night kcough killed Mel.

Unless she was the wolf doing the kill, and just made up the extra ability story.

That would make me super grumpy though.

Hey AM!
Not sure if I should be sketched out by you, nothing has red flagged yet, but I need someone to bounce this off of, so I'm taking a chance.

Why did KC volunteer info about her ability? Sure she had 3 votes on her but they were RVS at the beginning of the day, votes that probably would have gone away. If she's town then wouldn't this paint a target on her back? (Unless thats what she was trying to do?) I don't know what a wolf would have gained by doing this either?
IDK, thoughts?

Hi Mel!

I'm not actually sure what to make of kc doing this. There isn't super strong reasoning for her to be in the lead, but at the same time, it's Day 1. Just as lost as you are. I am starting to get worried though since the deadline's getting closer and only a third? (not sure how Kara and Pippy fit into the equation) of the roster's voted.

This is why I'm not a big fan of RVS. I'm hesitant to vote KC at this point because back in Dr. Horrible everyone jumped on LotF for doing the same accidental early reveal, and she ended up being village X(

Voting for someone else is fine too if you aren't sold on kc. Back-up candidates prevents last minute bandwagons which almost always end badly.

Barring some stronger reasoning I might do a vote on the pippy/kara because (modflair be damn) the whole numbering thing irks me haha, we'll see how it plays out.

Doesn't hurt to try. It's especially weird that it seemed to affect Finn and, I'm assuming, DVMD PMing. I'm in the mindset that's it's not a hydra right now, but then why are they a subset of 14?

Should I just break the tie and vote for KC?

Only if you believe her to be the wolf.

I've got little to no evidence that KC is wolf :/

Wait, you're the one who pointed out to me that Nohika hasn't checked in. Why is your vote still on her?

I'm still voting for her cause I suck.

I'm sorry I'm not buying this. If you were really worried about Nohika getting lynched from my vote, you could've moved your vote or unvoted. Now by pointing out Kara, it feels like you're trying to guide my suspicion back to my first misguided lynch vote....

I'm not sure how you'd know it was misguided. Kara wasn't lynched.

I said misguided because my two reasons for voting Kara were immediately refuted by Trilt and PBC.

Well, PBC has some grounding, but we don't know Trilt's affiliation or have any facts to back up her statement yet.

It wasn't just Trilt, but Pippy too.
I may not be seeing it, but can you show me how Trilt's post [not quoted]

Is untrustworthy? It seems like something either wolf or village could have said.

I just feel like Trilt's comment doesn't hold so much weight unless actual book-specific character are revealed.

Pippy backs up Trilt here [not quoted]

I know she does, but she also remains on Kara because it still doesn't say much for her affiliation even if true.

I don't know whether to break the tie between Pippy or kc, but I wish more people would've checked in.

I am interested in how the votes moved off of Karabou rather easily though.

I might be misreading because of inebriation, but are you saying you are suspect of Kara or are you saying you are suspect of LIS and I for moving our votes off of Kara? IDK about LIS but I hate RVS and I legitimately thought I was on to something with the "#14 numbering is wierd and Kara knows something we don't because he thinks there's other sources besides the movie" but Trilt pointed out it that it was a fair assumption because of PBC's tendencies, and PBC herself said the whole numbering thing was just coincidence. When I no longer had a case I backed off.

"I'm wary of Kara" would be most accurate. Everyone's else votes just kind of stayed heavily one person for most of the cycle, but she didn't hold votes for that long if I remember correctly.

I don't know.... I see what you're saying that we can't take Trout at face value since we don't know her alignment, but I'm really getting sketch vibes from you right now.

And yes I know I've completely misread you before, that IS in the back of my mind, but I'm going to try and figure this out tomorrow morning.

So doing a quick google search returns the wikipedia page for the original TLM story and the synopsis has a lot of similar elements from the D1 write-up (Mermaids living for 300 years, dying and turning into foam, etc.) so I don't think Trout or Kara were off base in their assumptions. I can't figure this out, I need to take this to the thread.

They may not have been wrong, but evidently it's not just a thought process exclusive to villagers seeing as Kara came up neutral.

But it doesn't ping as scum either, and I'm worried why you think it does. This might just be you and I interpreting Kara/Trilt in different ways, but I'm up for seeing what others think.

Alright after thinking in circles about it, I'm feeling a little better about you, and besides Coopah doesn't have the experience required to help me with this question: do you think having the ability to double vote is more likely a wolf ability or a village ability?

Seeing this is a simpler game, I'm going to call it village. Usually wolves get extra kills while villagers have extra votes.

Is it possible Trilt/Rabbott has a double vote ability and thats why Pippy didn't get lynched?
I like Rabbott for wolf for making the tie in the first place, but if he is the one with the double vote, then he knew he wasn't making a tie, and purposely wanted to see KC lynched.
Trilt, I could possibly see as having the DV and just parking on KC for shiggles.

I suppose it's possible that one of them had that ability, but it's impossible for me to judge at this point. In games without a double vote or lynch avoidance the same thing has happened before. It's could be an ability or a RNG lynch by the mods.

I need your help parsing out a theory, I don't want to do it open on thread because it might screw us.

LIS has said a statement along the lines of "I am very important to village" multiple times now. The first time was when there was absolutely no pressure on him.
Earlier after the Rabbott lynch LIS also says this:
"I'm a LITTLE surprised it didn't result in lynch-avoidance ... most people around pre-vet SDN are, in my estimation, a little afraid to lynch people who claim an important role. Some of us are more in the "screw it - you're suspicious, I'm lynching you." But things like claiming to be a seer or something can often buy you a day around here. So something like "the village can't win without me" ... kinda surprised that went down.

Ah well. Is what it is."
What are the chances that he is taking advantage of this phenomenon? If he is actually as important as he says he is, I'm afraid to push it on thread.

I wouldn't push it right now unless you find him sketchy otherwise.

I need help figuring out who to block tonight, or if I block at all. I want to block nohika, because she's clearly paying attention enough to know when she is mentioned, but isn't contributing. I'm worried that Crayola is still convinced I'm wolf and if before she peaced out she put in a contingency action with the mods to redirect me again, I might end up targeting LIS who has made it a point to say its not going to go well for us if I block him.

Well, if you're redirected again, say so. nokia would be fine. You can also block me, if you want.

Do you mind explaining here your whole 2/3 wolves thing that has everyone riled up?

SP was very wolfy as was finn.

...and you.

I'm done. After this game I'm changing my signature to "Hi I'm Mel, I'm constantly read sketch af. Nice to meet you."

The way you grilled SP and your subsequent cageyness reminded me of how you played in AotG so I'm going to bring that up tomorrow. Although my word is **** around here so we'll see...

If Crayola agrees to not redirect me, I'll block you and when a kill still goes through I can prove your villageness.

Not sure it will prove much, but okay.

Alright I'm not getting anything from Crayola, so I'm not blocking anyone tonight. Right now you've only got contingency lynches, if they're sticking tomorrow I'll defend you.

Are you sure you don't want to block? It's gains more info than not blocking. Crayola probably already went to bed.

If LIS is a seer like he's hinting, I can't risk being redirected to him, and i think thats a distinct possibility seeing as how Crayola was swinging for the fences on me today.
Is there anything about what you know/role/whatever indicating that I should take that risk?

I know nothing that'd be of assistance to you, but if Crayola intentionally redirects you to LIS than she's probably chaos at best. Blocking can't hurt now that you've outed yourself.

That would mean there are two chaos players, one who post restricted Trilt and Crayola. Unless Crayola has both abilities which would be power-broken as hell.

Post-restrictors are hardly ever chaos. Remember finn was a wolf when she said that.

I said screw it and blocked Nohika.

What are the chances Crayola is going to make me block myself?

I don't know the odds but it's certainly possible and wouldn't be affiliation indicative.

[replies placed next to each other for easier reading]

There. Just for you @DVMDream .

[replies placed next to each other for easier reading]

There. Just for you @DVMDream .

Thanks!

Actually makes me less suspicious of you.... I'm finding Mel's repeat concerns about being redirect to LIS odd, especially since there was no blocking ability. Why was he so concerned about that? Just bizarre.

Reactions: 1 user
If kc was the wolf, she would lose her lynch protection ability, right?

Day 7 I’m Not a Child Anymore Lynch Tally

AM (1) - DVMD
DVMD (1) - AM

2/5 votes
lynch close in ~ 4 hours at 9pm CST

giphy.gif

Oh! Wait, nvm, I read that as lynch avoidance. Yeah her original ability was to protect someone from lynch, I assumed she kept it when she was rezzed.

Yeah, not sure. I mean if she came back as the same person then I'd think she kept that ability. But since she gained an ability and we don't know who she is, I'd be surprised if she still had that ability.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, not sure. I mean if she came back as the same person then I'd think she kept that ability. But since she gained an ability and we don't know who she is, I'd be surprised if she still had that ability.

I feel like that'd be OP to have lynch protection as a wolf. I also feel like it be easy to test if she still has this ability.