The MCAT Twitter Thread (AKA MCAT-oholics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so many of us are in the same boat, right?

We all have to take this exam, and lets be honest, it sucks. It's a roadblock and it's annoying. But we HAVE to do it, so we might as well enjoy it.

At the same time, I think having a 'support group' would be helpful. So why not post about MCAT trials/tribulations here?

Did you have an awesome study session? Grasp concept that you were having trouble with? Beast that practice test?

If so, post!

Did you have a crappy study session? Are you failing miserably at figuring out something seemingly simple? Just get frustrated at that practice exam you just took?

If so, post!

MCAT-oholics unite!

Members don't see this ad.

It's because the PS isn't well written. I'm going to finish the EK PS off this week, I think, and then start working on Nova. I think that'll help get me from a 10-12 or so, which is what I need to be able to get in practice so I can get about as high on the real deal.

Honestly, I'm a little upset with my TBR score. I got a 29 on aamc 4, 10vr/bs and 9 ps. The bs section of TBR had a lot of orgo/bio stuff that I haven't reviewed yet so that's why it was an 8 instead of a 10, so it's all good. I'm happy about the PS section increase though.

I'm a little confused as to how I should drill down after content review. I have 8 TBR exams left, 6 AAMC's left, all the ek 1001 left, and 10 GS exams left.

I know I'm not going to get through all of it, but I need to figure out how to review from it all... Hm.

ek 1001 helped me quite a bit for physics. really cleared concepts for me. I think will be helpful for weak topics if you want to reserve time for full lengths.

FINALLY done with physics review, had a good finish with that last EK quiz. hello general chemistry -_-

FINALLY done with physics review, had a good finish with that last EK quiz. hello general chemistry -_-

I'm going to be determined and try to get through the last two chapters of EK physics today.

I haven't done many of the passages or discrete q's from the last couple of ek phys/chem/or bio sections. I'll do those over this and next week.

I want to finish reading stuff by the end of this week so that I can get more out of my practice tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finished Acids/Bases. Tough stuff, really requires full concentration which undiagnosed ADD doesn't help with. Need to review some Physics, particularly lever arms and torque and perhaps impulse.

I want to at least get through Fluids and Elasticity of Solids (Physics) and Thermodynamics (Chemistry), then I'll have just 1 section of chemistry and about half of Physics. Then Bio, Then O-chem. Shyt.

Finished Acids/Bases. Tough stuff, really requires full concentration which undiagnosed ADD doesn't help with. Need to review some Physics, particularly lever arms and torque and perhaps impulse.

I want to at least get through Fluids and Elasticity of Solids (Physics) and Thermodynamics (Chemistry), then I'll have just 1 section of chemistry and about half of Physics. Then Bio, Then O-chem. Shyt.

I feel you on this, but I find that I get distracted for tasks I don't enjoy or care about. Honestly, most of this stuff is interesting at some level. Find out what makes it click for you. That makes it more interesting to study.

I can go for a few hours without getting distracted if I figure out how to make the material relate to something and then keep up with it. If I'm having a hard time concentrating, I promise myself 10-15 minute breaks for 45 minutes of hard studying. That helps too.

Your brain gets distracted when it's bored. Don't let it get bored.

I'm burning out on physics.

It's fun till you feel like you're driving your head into a brick wall again and again. Just going to finish reading EK physics tomorrow. I've absorbed maybe 30% of the last few chapters, but that's better than nothing.

Going to start NOVA up next week. I am so excited. I think I'll save the EK passages till then because I won't get anything out of doing them now.

harumph!

I'm burning out on physics.

It's fun till you feel like you're driving your head into a brick wall again and again. Just going to finish reading EK physics tomorrow. I've absorbed maybe 30% of the last few chapters, but that's better than nothing.

Going to start NOVA up next week. I am so excited. I think I'll save the EK passages till then because I won't get anything out of doing them now.

harumph!

Don't do any more physics for at least a week, and prevent burnout by juggling different areas. If you're bored of physics, then do an unrelated field in Orgo, or get some concentrated verbal in. That's what I've been doing, because it's no use to practice when your burntout on the subject.

Don't do any more physics for at least a week, and prevent burnout by juggling different areas. If you're bored of physics, then do an unrelated field in Orgo, or get some concentrated verbal in. That's what I've been doing, because it's no use to practice when your burntout on the subject.

Nah, I'm just frustrated because it makes no sense to me.

If I juggle a couple of textbooks for it, I should be able to understand a bit more.

To be honest, I worked 10 hours yesterday, then went to the gym. I sat down to do a physics chapter and mentally was like 'eff it'. I pushed through anyway and did get something out of. That time would have been better spent playing video games, cooking, and sleeping. In hindsight, I'll be more aware of that and not just drink tea/coffee and push through.

I still have 2 months and I'm almost done content review. My last TBR test was a 30 and the last aamc was a 29 (1 month ago). Things are looking good. I just have to keep a sustainable pace and take some time out to do fun things or throw some fun things in even on days I study so I get my breaks in.

To add to the madness, I just got a metric crap ton of kaplan materials from a friend from the pre cbt days.

Included was a pdf of aamc 6.

ALSO tons of bio/phys/chem/orgo section passages. Then a bunch of PS/BS/VR section exams, not to mention all the kaplan exams.

I'm not going to use all of the stuff, but having more passages to do is definitely better than using ek 1001 for stuff I understand!

So I had some time and looked at the AAMC 11 curve and broke down the percentages. The way I figured it if you get 75% correct on each section you will get exactly a 30 on the MCAT.

It is interested to note that the AAMC 3 curve was not as great ... That tells me the exams are getting harder or people are just not studying as hard ... I betting the exams are getting harder :eek:

Thermochemistry

*fack, I always miss 1 on some little shyt question.

TPR Science Workbook

Discretes: 9/10 Once again, an error that shouldn't have happened

71: 8/8
72: 5/7 [In standard state Br2 is a LIQUID not a gas. I didn't know we had to memorize that!!!]
73: 7/7
74: [Saved]
75: 4/5 Dumb error part 1
76: 4/5 Dumb error part 2
77-78: [Saved]

Electrochemistry- Princeton Review

Discretes: 9/10

79: 7/8 BANG! - in the answer key
80: 5/6 - i genuinely missed that one
81: 4/5
82: 5/5
83: 4/4
84: 5/5
85: 4/5 -legit miss
86: 6/7 -how the F am I supposed to know that the surface area of foil > sphere, i don't use foil
87-92: [Saved]

37/41 = 90.2

Electrochemisty- ExamKrackers

In Class Questions: 23/24

30-Min Exam: 17/23....Scaled 10. Corrected the errors, 5 of them were correct on the redo, evidence of my crappy inability to recognize that current is opposite the flow of electrons when pressed for time and that 1 - 0 is in fact 1.

1001 EK Stuff: Didn't feel like doing.

****Need to finish 3/27 morning. Take AAMC#(I'll figure out tomorrow).

Last edited:
So today I sat down and read the kaplan sections for the E&M stuff I did in EK yesterday. Made SO MUCH more sense.

No frustration, just straight up beasting. I feel like I have a much better understanding of stuff now and I didn't even try that hard because I knew I was going to be hitting NOVA soon.

I think I'm going to do a VR section tomorrow and then review the BS section of the TBR exam I took last weekend.

Friday, I'm going to do Kaplan physics for optics and colors stuff and either read EK orgo or reread some sections of bio or chem.

My final verdict? EK Physics is bullcrud for your first review or if you didn't JUST get out of a physics class. The concepts aren't taught well and the writing is super dense. Kaplan is good for content.

woo!

So today I sat down and read the kaplan sections for the E&M stuff I did in EK yesterday. Made SO MUCH more sense.

No frustration, just straight up beasting. I feel like I have a much better understanding of stuff now and I didn't even try that hard because I knew I was going to be hitting NOVA soon.

I think I'm going to do a VR section tomorrow and then review the BS section of the TBR exam I took last weekend.

Friday, I'm going to do Kaplan physics for optics and colors stuff and either read EK orgo or reread some sections of bio or chem.

My final verdict? EK Physics is bullcrud for your first review or if you didn't JUST get out of a physics class. The concepts aren't taught well and the writing is super dense. Kaplan is good for content.

woo!

today, i got the tbr chem book from a friend of a friend (shamelessly been asking every other person if they had it). i just read the first chapter & its a world of a difference from ek, at times the content is seemingly conflicting. I fell for every trick in the passages. My feelings about this book are so mixed - on one hand if I master it, i'm positive it will pull up my PS score. on the other hand, it's going to make my content review a lot longer and cut into my practice test time. I have a mere 6 weeks left to the beast and still have organic to cover.

Members don't see this ad :)
today, i got the tbr chem book from a friend of a friend (shamelessly been asking every other person if they had it). i just read the first chapter & its a world of a difference from ek, at times the content is seemingly conflicting. I fell for every trick in the passages. My feelings about this book are so mixed - on one hand if I master it, i'm positive it will pull up my PS score. on the other hand, it's going to make my content review a lot longer and cut into my practice test time. I have a mere 6 weeks left to the beast and still have organic to cover.

Use a practice test or two or a couple of PS sections to gauge where you are.

If your PS is solid, then move onto orgo review while reviewing some of the stuff in TBR that your foundation is solid in. You're not going to go into the test knowing 100%. You just want to have as few weaknesses as possible.

Use a practice test or two or a couple of PS sections to gauge where you are.

If your PS is solid, then move onto orgo review while reviewing some of the stuff in TBR that your foundation is solid in. You're not going to go into the test knowing 100%. You just want to have as few weaknesses as possible.

thanks, yeah, I went through the aamc 3 PS section and realised my physics is decent (maybe another read for magnetism) but my chem needs alot more help. gonna spend a week with the BR chem book and move along to o-chem. goodluck with the studying everyone!

I've taken all the AAMCs now.. had been averaging 32-33 consistently (low 31, high 34).

This morning I woke up early (same time I will for MCAT), came to the library, and took my last AAMC (FL 11). Didn't miss any for the first couple passages of PS, but then I got tricked up on a couple of questions and was an IDIOT and didn't just move on but let my perfectionism make me spend almost 10 minutes on just two or three questions. That threw off my mojo BIG TIME as I was super rushed / had to guess on the last couple PS passages.

I stayed pretty flustered and sucked up the VR, too. And Bio too.

28 (9,9,10). I've been averaging 10s and 11s on PS and VR, and 12s and 13s on BS on all the previous AAMCs.

The real deal is on Saturday, so now I'm like :scared::eek::scared: :boom:

Was it waking up earlier (I wasn't that tired.. but most of my other FLs I had to take in the evening)? Was it getting flustered and losing my cool? Or is it that AAMC 11 is much more representative of the real deal, and thus more difficult.

Please don't say the last one.

Here's to hoping for rebound on test day equally dramatic as today's flop.

^^^ @Morzh Best wishes to you, I think your last practice score may indicate that you are a bit overwhelmed. Please don't do anything tomorrow besides enjoy yourself because you've worked hard and you WILL get a GREAT score.

As for me I just completed 4 TPR Online Verbal Drills and 2 EK passages. My accuracy is much higher with TPR vs EK but this is my first full week of actually doing EK passages. I'm leaning towards possibly just using EK at the end but at the same time, I wanted to practice using both materials for now and then tweek my Verbal stratgey when I start taking AAMC Practice tests. Man, EK's way of asking things is very convoluted... lol just reading the question for the first makes me :eek. LOL I just pray the questions on the 6/16th date aren't as convoluted. Later tonight, I will look over Bio and finish Ch. 1 & 2 in EK and do some practice passages at least 1/3 for each chapter as of right now. I've been stalling hitting the ground because my TBR books are coming this weekend :love:. I finally just closed my eyes and ordered the books from TBR.

Anyways hope all is well with everyone! Can't wait for this process to be O-V-E-R!

^^^ @Morzh Best wishes to you, I think your last practice score may indicate that you are a bit overwhelmed. Please don't do anything tomorrow besides enjoy yourself because you've worked hard and you WILL get a GREAT score.

Thanks. Now that a few more hours have past I'm feeling a bit better and realize you are right. I just need to stay calm and not psych myself out. At least I can rest assured that, content-wise, I am where I need to be. It's just going to be a matter of moving quickly but methodically and recognizing what principles each question is asking me to apply.

Good luck to us all!

Lets think about this for a second. You got a 33ish average on all your aamc's right?

Are you seriously doubting your knowledge of the material? If you are, then slap yourself once. Okay, now do it again. Now once more for posterity.

Now hopefully your brain has some shock knocked into it, but is still short of a concussion.

When you sit down and take the real deal. Sit down and close your eyes. Breathe in deeply 5-10 times and exhale slowly. Then open your eyes. Look at the screen, then smile at it. Pay respect to your opponent, and then beast the **** outta it.

You got it.

Took EK 101 test 3 today. I got a 10. Again...

I'm not upset about the score, but I'm a little peeved at myself for making some of the mistakes that I did.

I got a 31/40. An 11 was a 33.

-I got 1 question wrong where I completely glanced over the 'not' part of the question. I even found the part of the passage where that part was discredited before picking the answer.
-In another question, I narrowed it down to 2 and then picked the wrong one. I see why I got it wrong now though.
-1 I took a literal answer instead of finding the metaphor. I thought about it then thought I was reading too much into it. Note to self, verbal is where you are SUPPOSED to extrapolate!

Actually, I think that last one sums up why I get things wrong most of the time. I read fast and in doing so, I often miss things in the questions. A 'not' here or there or I mistake the 'author' of the passage and the author of a quote...

So now I know the kind of traps I fall for are the ones caused by reading a little too fast. I'm going to start reading the questions a hair more carefully now. I still finish early (2 mins on this one) so taking a few seconds for the trickier questions will be a good thing.

TPR Science Workbook - Fluids and Elasticity of Solids

Discretes

42/47 = 89.3%

14: 5/6
15: 5/5
16: 5/5
17: 3/5 BS error, 1 legit error
18: 3/3 LOL
19: 4/4
20: 6/6

91.1%

21-23: [Saved]

EK Physics- Fluids + Solids

In Chapter Q's: 22/24 ....2 really dumb errors technically.

30 Min Exam: 21/23 Scaled to ...13

So Far EK Physics

Lecture 1: 13
Lecture 2: 12
Lecture 3: 11
Lecture 4: fill in here
Lecture 5: 13

Now back to Electrochemistry which I'm not to fond of....

Last edited:
@Morzh! I hope the test went/is going for you! tell us how it went!

I started spring break and have read 2 gchem chapters and done a bit of physics EK 1001. For the 1001 series, do you guys just focus on doing it and seeing why the answer is right versus scoring? I've been doing it that way because the EK books just help with practice and is not representative of the exam right? I want to practice with the 1001 and then do full on scoring and getting in MCAT mode with the PR science workbook.

I also got my haircut today. about 6 inches.
I watched Limitless yesterday. It was okay, but Bradley Cooper's godly blue eyes definitely made up for it :laugh:
I have also gone up 3 points in verbal, so I treated myself to a new (higher end) wallet today!
Blah, back to studying :)
Happy Saturday, everybody!

My head hurts.

I was doing orgo from 1pm till 10pm today. Got through 2 chapters of EK orgo. I'm going to read the last one now and then go to bed. Taking TBR 2 tomorrow.

I took breaks between studying. Played pool for about an hour, played angry birds for a little bit, etc etc. Basically broke up the sections in the chapter.

I'm not sure how I'm going to remember all the orgo, but I can start to see the patterns that I used to know. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

@Morzh! I hope the test went/is going for you! tell us how it went!

I started spring break and have read 2 gchem chapters and done a bit of physics EK 1001. For the 1001 series, do you guys just focus on doing it and seeing why the answer is right versus scoring? I've been doing it that way because the EK books just help with practice and is not representative of the exam right? I want to practice with the 1001 and then do full on scoring and getting in MCAT mode with the PR science workbook.

I also got my haircut today. about 6 inches.
I watched Limitless yesterday. It was okay, but Bradley Cooper's godly blue eyes definitely made up for it :laugh:
I have also gone up 3 points in verbal, so I treated myself to a new (higher end) wallet today!
Blah, back to studying :)
Happy Saturday, everybody!

yeah, i didn't really see the point of scoring my EK 1001s. I also took a break yesterday, caught a movie & did some shopping. Back to acids and bases today - very tedious but I think my break helped me press on :)

Took TBR-2 today.

Halfway through the PS section my housemate gets a phone call and is talking really loudly into her phone. I can't concentrate at all after that, so I basically write off the test and just take it for what it is.

I got pwned though...

PS 11
VR 7
BS 9

The BS section was really hard, and the verbal was insane. I need to get my game together for these verbal sections. I've never scored below a 10 on aamc and never below a 9 on EK 101 so this was crazy.

Also, I'm buying earplugs so I can sit down undistracted and get through exams. I plan on doing TBR 3-5 between april 1-10. Should be rad.

What do people think of the TBR verbal sections compared to the AAMC's?

If I combine the BS/PS of this test with my last aamc or ek 101 VR score, then I get a 30. Is that allowed?

;)

Still happy to be at this stage of the game with ~ 2 months left.

Did some HS level genetics for some kid I help out. I noticed on his official book worksheet they messed up incomplete dominance and codominance. I really wanna start tutoring again.

Time for more PHYSICS!!!

Electrostatics - TPR

Discretes: 71. F my A. I really should have gotten a 100%.

P1: 57%. Eww, I don't really understand the answers either. 1 I missed which I should hav asfj a;sfd
P2:

Workbook

Discretes: 17/22 -5, 4 of which should never have happened. I do these questions in a similar fashion to how I work in the lab...with other things on my mind.

24: 6/6
25: 7/7

//Took AAMC#10 PS only, did only 2 passages till I got to the individual Q's. I saw a question on lenses and I nearly shyt my pants because I didn't review that material yet. So I stopped with ~53min left. I checked the solutions of all the questions I did thus far and got them all right. I have a strange feeling the passages get harder.

Last edited:
Today I officially finished my content review using EK.

I still have passages from the books to do and things to re-review, but I'm done.

Now I'm going to go through Kaplan Gen Chem and physics, EK bio, and Nova Physics.

Taking ALL of next week off so I'm hoping that I can get it all done in that time period.

Eep!

Today I officially finished my content review using EK.

I still have passages from the books to do and things to re-review, but I'm done.

Now I'm going to go through Kaplan Gen Chem and physics, EK bio, and Nova Physics.

Taking ALL of next week off so I'm hoping that I can get it all done in that time period.

Eep!

I was at this point a few days ago, done with all content review. Took a AAMC today and got the highest score I've gotten in my life. Feels good man.

I was at this point a few days ago, done with all content review. Took a AAMC today and got the highest score I've gotten in my life. Feels good man.

I cannot wait to get to THAT point. I FINALLY get acids & base. re-learnt a bunch of math I haven't used in a lonnnggg time.

Yeah, I still haven't memorized the hormones and some of the gen chem/physics is escaping me. I think doing one more run through will do wonders. It should go faster too since I've seen everything. I hope I can do it in the 9 day period.

I just need to figure out if I want to do 3 TBR exams in those 9 days while studying, do none so I can just concentrate on content review, or maybe do 1-2 so I can get some practice in as well.

Lets see, I have a feeling that I'll do 3 of them, so hopefully I can shake off the fatigue after doing them and study for a few hours later that day after taking a break.

Woop woop!

I took a TPR test once, I got the highest score of my life too: 23. Then again, it was the first test I took and no content review. My ultimate fear....scoring lower than this with content review :(

Electricity and Magnetism - TPR

Workbook

Discretes: 25/25

26: 6/7
27: 7/7
28: 6/6
29: 7/8 -Mayb try and actually solve the problem Modus instead of intelligent guessing...."intelligent"
30: 6/7 - Legit miss, didn't know. Increasing T, increases Resistance.
31: 5/5
32: 4/4
33: 3/4 - Read the F'in Q!
34: 4/4
35: 7/8 - It's called the right hand rule for a reason, genius.
36-38: [Saved]

55/60 = 91.6% Why do I always make ****ty errors. I'm always half there while doing these questions.

Discretes:

P1: -
P2: -

Exam Krackers - E&M

In Class Questions: 21/24

30 Min: 20/23 Scaled 12

Last edited:
This week is exhausting. I got an hour and a half yesterday to do a chapter of orgo, so I finished content review from EK as I said.

Today, I was going to do work after I got done with work, but I got home at 10 after work. I'm wiped out. I have a meeting with a PI tomorrow afternoon because I want to switch jobs and I'm reading a couple of papers that his group has published so I don't sound like a prick.

So basically that means that I won't be able to study at ALL till friday because I made plans weeks ago to go to dinner and a play tomorrow (home at 11), I'm going out with friends on thursday for happy hour.

I might try to study after that on thursday, but I have a feeling that it might not be the best idea. Lets see what happens if I try.

Next week is off. So work all day every day. I'm going to literally put in 10 hours a day on sat and sun to make up for this week and then keep some momentum going for the rest of the week.

I'm glad I'm taking it easy this week, else it could lead to burnout next week, but I think that taking it easy is the right decision.

According to my calculations, if I finish all my content review by week of the 18th, I'll have over 4 weeks to do purely practice. I think that should be good, no?

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm exhausted and feel like I'm failing a little...

This week is exhausting. I got an hour and a half yesterday to do a chapter of orgo, so I finished content review from EK as I said.

Today, I was going to do work after I got done with work, but I got home at 10 after work. I'm wiped out. I have a meeting with a PI tomorrow afternoon because I want to switch jobs and I'm reading a couple of papers that his group has published so I don't sound like a prick.

So basically that means that I won't be able to study at ALL till friday because I made plans weeks ago to go to dinner and a play tomorrow (home at 11), I'm going out with friends on thursday for happy hour.

I might try to study after that on thursday, but I have a feeling that it might not be the best idea. Lets see what happens if I try.

Next week is off. So work all day every day. I'm going to literally put in 10 hours a day on sat and sun to make up for this week and then keep some momentum going for the rest of the week.

I'm glad I'm taking it easy this week, else it could lead to burnout next week, but I think that taking it easy is the right decision.

According to my calculations, if I finish all my content review by week of the 18th, I'll have over 4 weeks to do purely practice. I think that should be good, no?

You aren't failing at all. you probably need to relax a little to go full steam next week. I think you get plenty done everyday, for someone who works full time. And you've got enough time...

You aren't failing at all. you probably need to relax a little to go full steam next week. I think you get plenty done everyday, for someone who works full time. And you've got enough time...

Thanks!

I think I'll treat it like that. I think I'm going to review the 2 TBR exams I've taken on thurs after I go out. I should be home at a reasonable hour and I can eat dinner and sit down to do review. Since it's nothing 'new' I should be able to work it out.

Perspective is nice :)
I think I deserve a mini work vacation before I hit it out of the park. I'm making sure to schedule fun things to do next week as well. I'm planning on being at the coffee shop from atleast 9-5 and seeing friends or goofing off and then studying for a couple of hours again before bed.

Reading your posts give me inspiration! I work full time as well ( ~60 hours) and this past weekend has been hectic taking care of my Mom since she had surgery. But despite my priorities, I need to realize studying for this test is just as important as going to work everyday and doing a great job. Finally got my TBR books and will start tonight, most likely will study really late ( go to bed early and wake up early) to get some work done because then it will be quiet. As always stay encouraged, I know everything will work out for all of us. Especially for you since you have been ON it.

Reading your posts give me inspiration! I work full time as well ( ~60 hours) and this past weekend has been hectic taking care of my Mom since she had surgery. But despite my priorities, I need to realize studying for this test is just as important as going to work everyday and doing a great job. Finally got my TBR books and will start tonight, most likely will study really late ( go to bed early and wake up early) to get some work done because then it will be quiet. As always stay encouraged, I know everything will work out for all of us. Especially for you since you have been ON it.

Thanks duder (or dude-ette).

I actually went home for 2 weekends straight a few weeks ago because my mother had surgery as well. It was nice to be there for it so it's great.

I actually moved to the may 20 date from the april date because once I started studying and my mom told me about her surgery, I knew that things would come up that wouldn't come up in the same manner had I still been in school.

Having the extra flexibility is nice and I'm glad that I had the foresight to make sure that I'd have atleast 1 month to just do practice stuffs.

Good luck to you too!

I'm getting ready to start studying in May, or as soon as I get all my books. Just trying to get all the books I want and schedule my days. I work 40hrs/week and have a 2hr roundtrip commute to work 5 days/week. So, May-August is going to be rough.

With that said, I'm actually excited to start studying...especially after everything I have read about the TBR books. I've been out of school for 2 years and haven't taken the MCAT or studied for it in 3 years.

I'll definitely be coming back to this thread to vent...or even use it on good days :D

I'm getting ready to start studying in May, or as soon as I get all my books. Just trying to get all the books I want and schedule my days. I work 40hrs/week and have a 2hr roundtrip commute to work 5 days/week. So, May-August is going to be rough.

With that said, I'm actually excited to start studying...especially after everything I have read about the TBR books. I've been out of school for 2 years and haven't taken the MCAT or studied for it in 3 years.

I'll definitely be coming back to this thread to vent...or even use it on good days :D

That's what it's here for. You'll probably see some of us come and go as we take our tests and get off SDN to decompress for a while after.

I hope this thread goes on because I think it's nice to see how everyone else is doing.

Thanks @ ridethecliche! Hope your mom is doing well too.

But what's so crazy is that I've been working Verbal passages from TPR, EK 101, and The AAMC Official Guide and the way they ask questions are VERY different. It's mind-blowing to say the least lol but the Official Guide passages were very straight forward, especially the Humanties ones ( I have a really hard time finding the main point in convoluted Philosophy passages) which was very surprising.

I just hope practicing from these sources will make me comfortable around 6/16.

Anyone else feel that it is somewhat bogus that your accuracy may be inconsistent due to the way questions are presented in different Verbal sources?

Thanks @ ridethecliche! Hope your mom is doing well too.

But what's so crazy is that I've been working Verbal passages from TPR, EK 101, and The AAMC Official Guide and the way they ask questions are VERY different. It's mind-blowing to say the least lol but the Official Guide passages were very straight forward, especially the Humanties ones ( I have a really hard time finding the main point in convoluted Philosophy passages) which was very surprising.

I just hope practicing from these sources will make me comfortable around 6/16.

Anyone else feel that it is somewhat bogus that your accuracy may be inconsistent due to the way questions are presented in different Verbal sources?

I'm currently averaging ~10 for VR in AAMC and EK101 exams. In TBR I got a 7 and a 12. So...

Well at least that averages out. You'll have to do more to see if they've representative.

Well at least that averages out. You'll have to do more to see if they've representative.

Not really. The tbr verbal for the 2nd exam was insane. I haven't had ANY vr fluctuations yet. The first exam was a joke for tbr.

Hope to finish with E&M Passages tomorrow. Half a day for the passages, and other other half for Oscillations and Waves. Saturday for Sound, Light and Optics. And Sunday do the ICC passages for all PS and some review passages for PS and finish that AAMC#10 PS section. I'm worried about forgetting all that I've learned PS wise.

Hope to finish with E&M Passages tomorrow. Half a day for the passages, and other other half for Oscillations and Waves. Saturday for Sound, Light and Optics. And Sunday do the ICC passages for all PS and some review passages for PS and finish that AAMC#10 PS section. I'm worried about forgetting all that I've learned PS wise.

tell me about it, i'm already forgetting some physics I studied a while ago. need to referesh that before practice tests. been attacking chemistry for a while now. As quoted from BR 'for solving any gas questions, critical that you use temperature in terms of kelvins, otherwise you will encounter much sadness & dismay.' in the midst of that dismay after scoring my passages!