The Offical "Oh Crap! I have to take shirt off in OMM lab in August" Workout Log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At first glance, i misread the heading of this thread "The Offical Oh Crap! I have to take SKIRT off in OMM lab in August" Workout Log" lmao. For some reason i kept wondering why women have a problem with this?:D

Members don't see this ad.

Being a guy... from my own personal perspective, and I think most guys will agree with me.. I don't think too many of us are getting too excited seeing women in sports bras and shorts as 20 somethings... Really, if you think about it you can see more at the beach or in store ads. Wanting to look good is an issue for everyone I'm sure, but the risk of being "oogled" in your sports bra is probably minimal. Hell, I'm not even bringing my hidden video camera. ;)

I thought the thrill was more touching the girls than seeing them. Plus that you're seeing them close up and not just in print.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just came back from a 5mile race.. woot 30:38 ran the last mile at 5:54 sweet. and this was with the last 6days at Killington, VT snowboarding - well more like falling on my @ss the whole time lol

I guess the prospect of any touching I will be doing in OMM lab isn't too erotic to me... Foreplay has never , and probably will never include palpating C4... although who knows.. ;)

Just came back from a 5mile race.. woot 30:38 ran the last mile at 5:54 sweet. and this was with the last 6days at Killington, VT snowboarding - well more like falling on my @ss the whole time lol

oo congrats! You should be quite proud of yourself! I ran a 10k today, just for fun. If you are into running, you should look into the nike + system. It hooks into your ipod nano and you can set it for the distance, time, calories, etc.
Good luck!

Being a guy... from my own personal perspective, and I think most guys will agree with me.. I don't think too many of us are getting too excited seeing women in sports bras and shorts as 20 somethings... Really, if you think about it you can see more at the beach or in store ads. Wanting to look good is an issue for everyone I'm sure, but the risk of being "oogled" in your sports bra is probably minimal. Hell, I'm not even bringing my hidden video camera. ;)

Ummm......I will not be agreeing with you on this one. Im 22, Im a guy, so yeah lets just say I really like girls.

looks like im screwed. oh well.

Ummm......I will not be agreeing with you on this one. Im 22, Im a guy, so yeah lets just say I really like girls.

What he said.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZnvkqClmA[/YOUTUBE]

This is MY fitness tool.

:)

No official workout for me. I skate a lot though, so that's exercise. And I'm going to Vegas next week so I'll be able to walk the Vegas strip, that's more exercise. I'm also considering signing up for a dance class, maybe salsa or swing, although I saw a clip of a strip dance class that looked really cool. Everyone had their own pole in class and learned to swing on it. I told my mom how fun it looked, I got the look of death.

BTW, there is no actual stripping done in the classes (sorry guys!) It's basically just pole dancing.

I saw the strip dancing on Oprah. I really really want it. But I think it's going to have to wait until I'm in my own house. :)

http://www.sfactor.com/shop/Striptease_Pole_dancing_classes_book.asp

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZnvkqClmA[/YOUTUBE]

This is MY fitness tool.

:)

I'm bracing myself for the avalanche of "Heyyy Kimmy" greetings from the men out there.

as a young gentleman into fitness, i am quite excited about OMM. i'm not shy:p

ps- i do in fact own the g-string with matching bow tie... for reasons which i choose not to disclose.

Though not accepted yet...I've got a metabolism assessment at the gym in 30 minutes...

Time to start working back toward "Best body in HS class" shape rather than looking like a pear with man boobs. My 20's were hell on my body.

oo congrats! You should be quite proud of yourself! I ran a 10k today, just for fun. If you are into running, you should look into the nike + system. It hooks into your ipod nano and you can set it for the distance, time, calories, etc.
Good luck!

Have you used this Nike+ system already? Got a nano now, so I was thinking about it...but not sold...

iPod + bike + lakeshore paths for me. Couple that with a few free weights and you're good to go. Also ground flaxseed is quite the wonder food in many ways (I won't go into all of it here), and it should help hasten whatever fitness results you'd like to see.

Have you used this Nike+ system already? Got a nano now, so I was thinking about it...but not sold...

i got it as a present in mid november. i used to run a mile or two every once in a while. but in the past 2 months i ran 75 miles and in the last 2 weeks i have been able to run 5 miles each time i work out. nike + is great if you need motivation, especially if you set goals and participate in challenges.

yes the nike+ system is fabulous! It really pushes you...for example, if you set it for distance, say a 5K, once you go over that amount, it tells you how much longer you go, it'll say "7 kilometers completed, 2 kilometes past your goal". If you have a long run, a girl will come on and say"congratulations, you just completed your longest run to date!" Its really quite cool.
The actual system is only $30, that is once you have the sneakers(which were like $80 on sale), and the ipod nano.

Similar to what bigfatk was saying, I used to be a big runner, but not so much anymore, and earlier this week i ran a 10k(6.2 miles), which I haven't done in months, and I defintely think the nike+ had something to do with it.

Plus, getting into running now is a great thing, b/c once we get to med school and we don;t have much time anymore, running is a great, high-intensity workout that you can do when you only have 30, 45 or 60 minutes to work out.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a pair of the shoes on sale...I have something in my DNA that won't allow me to pay 100 bucks for a pair of running shoes...

Need to get in better shape just to start running much!

I've been keeping my eyes open for a pair of the shoes on sale...I have something in my DNA that won't allow me to pay 100 bucks for a pair of running shoes...

Being a runner for 8+ years, I used to have a similar belief of not spending over $85 for a shoe etc etc.. I used to be a miler/5k runner but if you are getting into long distance running (10+ miles/run).. Do whatever it takes to get the most comfortable shoe!. its so worth it.

I used to run w/ these Asics Cumulus's and Saucony Grids but after doing half marathons and other 10+mile runs, my feet would be hurting like hell, filled w/ pus or whatnot. As soon as I changed my shoe to the Asics Gel Kinsei (although it was friggin costly - $165 (i did have a $50 gift certificate)), it provided ample cushion and support for my kind of running. I was able to run faster, longer, and recover much quicker since there was less strain on the quads. and no its not placebo.

I am not saying get the most expensive shoes out there.. but rather get the Right shoe for your type of running. Going cheapest is not the way to go if you want to excel in the sport.. for general fitness perhaps... maybe.. shrugs i donno.

.02 :laugh:

For budget, I highly recommend the Asics Gel Kayano XII's. They should be on sale for around $89 now since the XIII have recently been introduced (MSRP $134.99)

Being a runner for 8+ years, I used to have a similar belief of not spending over $85 for a shoe etc etc.. I used to be a miler/5k runner but if you are getting into long distance running (10+ miles/run).. Do whatever it takes to get the most comfortable shoe!. its so worth it.

very true. and i would have never gotten the $100 shoes myself - it was a present. but my next pair will definitely be around this price. i used to run 1 to 2 miles in my $30 Saucony sneakers and even those short runs would put blisters on my toes. it's totally worth it.

very true. and i would have never gotten the $100 shoes myself - it was a present. but my next pair will definitely be around this price. i used to run 1 to 2 miles in my $30 Saucony sneakers and even those short runs would put blisters on my toes. it's totally worth it.

something I'd also recommend is getting shoe inserts that are made to fit your feet. You take them and put it in your sneaker, and take out the inserts that come with the shoes. The inserts are formed to your feet, so they align your legs and hips and they are SO helpful. They are expensive, $100, but they are worth it.

Hum, well I HAD been planning on wearing long-sleves and stuff at school so no one thought I was all unprofessional with my tattoos and piercings...but I guess it won't matter. Well, I suppose once I get accepted to somewhere, its not as much of an issue...so no one tell them that I've got a bunch of tattoos and piercings! :D

Guess I'm glad my new partner at work is a total work-out nazi! He's making me do this body-for-life workout thing...I HURT, but it'll be good for me. Not that I'm really out of shape or anything, but I wouldn't mind being a bit more...toned.

Nate.

Hum, well I HAD been planning on wearing long-sleves and stuff at school so no one thought I was all unprofessional with my tattoos and piercings...but I guess it won't matter. Well, I suppose once I get accepted to somewhere, its not as much of an issue...so no one tell them that I've got a bunch of tattoos and piercings! :D

Guess I'm glad my new partner at work is a total work-out nazi! He's making me do this body-for-life workout thing...I HURT, but it'll be good for me. Not that I'm really out of shape or anything, but I wouldn't mind being a bit more...toned.

Nate.

The hurt goes away, especially if you use the right nutritional supplements to support recovery.

I used to run w/ these Asics Cumulus's and Saucony Grids but after doing half marathons and other 10+mile runs, my feet would be hurting like hell, filled w/ pus or whatnot. As soon as I changed my shoe to the Asics Gel Kinsei (although it was friggin costly - $165 (i did have a $50 gift certificate)), it provided ample cushion and support for my kind of running. I was able to run faster, longer, and recover much quicker since there was less strain on the quads. and no its not placebo.

I am not saying get the most expensive shoes out there.. but rather get the Right shoe for your type of running. Going cheapest is not the way to go if you want to excel in the sport.. for general fitness perhaps... maybe.. shrugs i donno.

.02 :laugh:

For budget, I highly recommend the Asics Gel Kayano XII's. They should be on sale for around $89 now since the XIII have recently been introduced (MSRP $134.99)

Oh...please don't get me wrong...I typically spend about 60-75 bucks on them...but at my current level of running (occasional), I just can't justify spending much more.
If it's something I get into as we move into spring, I will have no problem justifying it at that point. I'd like to do my first 5K in the next couple months. I've never been a runner...never liked it..not even a little bit, so this has been tough.

I think what would make it easier is if I had someone to exercise with, but that's a whole other story. :)

Oh...please don't get me wrong...I typically spend about 60-75 bucks on them...but at my current level of running (occasional), I just can't justify spending much more.
If it's something I get into as we move into spring, I will have no problem justifying it at that point. I'd like to do my first 5K in the next couple months. I've never been a runner...never liked it..not even a little bit, so this has been tough.

I think what would make it easier is if I had someone to exercise with, but that's a whole other story. :)

+1 for the exercise buddy.
I would sit on my couch all day if i didnt have a group of friends to exercise with :) being motivated is half the battle! good luck mang!

(oh and i would like to retract my statement about never having blisters.. i just came back from a 11mile run.. right foot - small blister... my first w/ these shoes! -had them for about 2months now)

Coming from being in organized athletics all the way through college, it's been rather tough finding motivation since...and then the little glitch called Hodgkin's disease in the middle. Now, I've just decided to self motivate...gotta be done.

Thanks for the :)

I will restart doing Workout#1 and #2 soon. Stopped due to injury from playing sports. If you do these exercises, stretch BEFORE and AFTER workouts to minimize and prevent injuries.

http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml

http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout2.shtml

Actually, it's more important to warm-up prior to working out, stretching before a workout instead of warming up can actually increase your chance of injury. Cool down and stretch afterwards. Don't do ballistic stretching either.

The Nike + shoes and the sytem are both awesome! I'm a runner and big workout person...the system is really motivating as are my gym playslists and a lil' bit goes a long way...

I'm that person that continuously spends $100 plus on my running shoes..I guess it's just me being spoiled with a Merck salary..but def go for it..and I'm sure all of you will look just wonderful come the fall :)

The Nike + shoes and the sytem are both awesome! I'm a runner and big workout person...the system is really motivating as are my gym playslists and a lil' bit goes a long way...

I'm that person that continuously spends $100 plus on my running shoes..I guess it's just me being spoiled with a Merck salary..but def go for it..and I'm sure all of you will look just wonderful come the fall :)

Hah! Another Big Pharma employee! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Ok, so i haven't been posting what I've been doing because well I haven't done anything lately. Anyways Im totally iced in at the moment and can't make it to the gym, so my workout currently consists of drinking heavly and pursuing women of questionable moral standards!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i got it as a present in mid november. i used to run a mile or two every once in a while. but in the past 2 months i ran 75 miles and in the last 2 weeks i have been able to run 5 miles each time i work out. nike + is great if you need motivation, especially if you set goals and participate in challenges.

not to sound pessimistic...all you folks out there who take running so seriously..here's an advice, it will also bust your knees at an early age..in some cases fasten arthritis!

not to sound pessimistic...all you folks out there who take running so seriously..here's an advice, it will also bust your knees at an early age..in some cases fasten arthritis!

yeah and it makes you annoying to all us normal people

Hey does everyone have to be the patient at some point during OMM because my religion doesn't allow me to wear clothes that don't cover my entire body. I guess i might just have to think twice about applying to DO schools because i didn't know about this aspect.

Hey does everyone have to be the patient at some point during OMM because my religion doesn't allow me to wear clothes that don't cover my entire body. I guess i might just have to think twice about applying to DO schools because i didn't know about this aspect.

You'd definitely have to be a patient - bot you an your lab partner will be the "patient" during each session. You will most likely be wearing workout clothing and have to expose the region you are working with (within reason).

at least we will still have our sexy abs while zipping around in wheelchairs. :p

but yeah, this is another reason why good shoes are important. and according to my source (runner's world magazine :D) the thing about arthritis is a myth.

at least we will still have our sexy abs while zipping around in wheelchairs. :p

but yeah, this is another reason why good shoes are important. and according to my source (runner's world magazine :D) the thing about arthritis is a myth.

Well, one important thing is to run / walk properly. Most people run and walk too heavily on their heels.

yeah and it makes you annoying to all us normal people

LOLOL okkk mr.normal, iam no out of shape old grandmother tryiing to piss you off! I have an active lifestyle, all i was trying to say was that people should lean toward working out, playing basketball etc to have a balance..instead of purely running like maniacs! Infact i believe in weight training and cardio as a key to good health...neways hopefully you understand my point of view.

hehe yeaaa the arthritis thing is something i heard from my friends.

You'd definitely have to be a patient - bot you an your lab partner will be the "patient" during each session. You will most likely be wearing workout clothing and have to expose the region you are working with (within reason).

Do you get to choose your partner?