• The Official August MCAT Applicant Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

nebbione

If you took the MCAT on August 19, 2006 and received an interview at any of your schools (prior to the release of scores, by chance, or immediately following, i.e. this thread will be active until October I hope), post!

Members don't see this ad.

does this count people who are retaking, so already have a set of scores out, or just people who took it for the first time....in which case I do wonder if they would give out an interview since I doubt it

i don't know why i'm replying to this thread since it has nothing to do with me, but it confused me at first, so i was intrigued

Good question:

if you already have an MCAT score, make a note of it next to your entry.
August 2006 second time

if you do not have an MCAT score, make a different note of it.
First time MCATer August 2006

We respect your privacy, if you opt not to post MCAT info, that is fine too:)

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I have been curious about this topic as well.

Best of luck to us all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
schools give invites w/o the MCAT scores?

i don't think you'll be seeing any interview invites without mcat scores...the schools i've applied to include "mcat scores" as part of the "complete file." and they won't offer interviews unless your file is complete and has been reviewed.

I've heard of schools give interview invites without secondaries but not before MCAT scores.

this post seems pretty useless. no mcat=your app does not get reviewed=no interview

this post seems pretty useless. no mcat=your app does not get reviewed=no interview

Not so! Some people retook in August and some schools might decide to grant an interview based on the first set of scores. Who knows? And it's OK for those kinds of people to post on this thread.