The Official Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine Class of 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a day. I no longer feel special......
11am, i get an offer of acceptance letter..... Around 1pm, i get invited for another interview.... Then 4pm, i get an email stating that there was an error in their system.............What is going on?? I guess i have to wait just like everyone else until 12/3!!!! ( hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, what a day. I no longer feel special......
11am, i get an offer of acceptance letter..... Around 1pm, i get invited for another interview.... Then 4pm, i get an email stating that there was an error in their system.............What is going on?? I guess i have to wait just like everyone else until 12/3!!!! ( hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!)

So it wasn't an offer from me??? Could you send me an email just noting what happened and forwarding what you received? Sorry about the mix-up.

So it wasn't an offer from me??? Could you send me an email just noting what happened and forwarding what you received? Sorry about the mix-up.
My AADSAS saids I am invited for interview, but have yet to receive the golden email for interview scheduling, should I call and bother the nice lady on the other end of my weekly calls to your school?

Members don't see this ad :)
My AADSAS saids I am invited for interview, but have yet to receive the golden email for interview scheduling, should I call and bother the nice lady on the other end of my weekly calls to your school?

You should email me. Calling us will only result in directing you to email me.

You should email me. Calling us will only result in directing you to email me.
Found the email in the spam after some digging. Google must have had some glitch against case. Thank you though Dr. Chuck. I don't know how you do it, but thanks for being on here so often.

Dr. Chuck,

I also emailed you a personal message, I hope that I sent it to the right address.

HDL

Many people are emailing me if there is a waitlist to schedule individuals for pre-December interviews. There is no such waitlist, and as much as I would love to accommodate everyone for pre-December interviews, we simply do not have space left. Please register for the most convenient date for your interview.

There is more movement when post-December interviews begin. Specifically, many people will simply drop their reservation and not tell us about cancelling their interview spot. It is this situation that is really an injustice to others in the application pool.

In short, there really isn't any room to squeeze anyone else for pre-December interviews at this time. We do continue to interview into the spring, so do not lose complete hope even if you wind up getting only a later spot. We get a lot of applicants in the spring session of interviews who ultimately matriculate.

Same advice - just checked my spam and found an invite from Case sent on the 4th. Yeah!

Everyone, CHECK YOUR SPAM every single day! I got an interview from Case today and it was in my spam inbox. I am SOOOOOO thrilled!

Interviewing before Valentine's Day? BigDeal40 is the code for 40% off roundtrip flights on Southwest (until Thursday!). (Sent email to everyone who has claimed an interview spot at Case for the eligible window for flights.)

Last edited:
Interviewing before Valentine's Day? BigDeal40 is the code for 40% off roundtrip flights on Southwest (until Thursday!). (Sent email to everyone who has claimed an interview spot at Case for the eligible window for flights.)
Thanks Emil! That email notification just saved me over $200! Can't wait to see Cleveland and CWRU, my brother and his family loved it there.

Thanks a ton for the travel tip Dr. Chuck! Has anyone booked using the promo code yet? When is the 40% applied to the total on Southwest's website?

Thanks a ton for the travel tip Dr. Chuck! Has anyone booked using the promo code yet? When is the 40% applied to the total on Southwest's website?

Booked it yesterday. You see the discounted price right away when you enter the promo code before you search. Thank you Dr. Chuck for helping everyone out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just booked my flight!!! Super excited!

Thank you Dr. Chuck for the travel tip! Can't wait to meet you in person and visit CWRU!

Hello Dr. Chuck

First of all I wanted to thank you for taking your time and interacting with applicants. I had an interview at Case at the end of November last year. This year I am re applicant with improved stats in the 3rd batch, and I am currently under review according to AADSAS. I was wondering if you would be so kind and let me know if interviews are being sent out, or if the 3rd batch applicants were already reviewed and given interviews. I loved Case last year at the interview, and It would be awesome to have the opportunity to go there.

Thank you very much

My app was sent mailed 7/6 and app fee was paid 7/17...yet nothing from case....:(

Most of our interview spots have been booked: 350 interview invitations have been claimed, which means we are at capacity. We may still extend invitations for some applications that catch our attention, but if you were extended an invitation (according to AADSAS portal) but not an email, you need to contact me as soon as possible or your status will be changed to "withdrawn before interview."

We are strongly encouraging applicants to let us know if one wishes to withdraw your application from consideration before a scheduled interview date. When applicants have not done so in a timely fashion, it denies an additional opportunity for a potential applicant we might be interested in from being interviewed. In the last application cycle, about a dozen (or so) interview spots were unable to be refilled because of this lack of consideration.

If you were not selected for interview, your file may still be under consideration for an invitation for interview (because we have a lot of people who really have great applications but we don't have enough spots to extend interview invitations). Please make sure you review our website information for prospective applicants to get a better idea of the characteristics we seek in desirable applicants to help you prepare your application for next cycle.

Last edited:
:( hopefully people will give up their spots post December 3rd. :xf:

have invites already gone out for post dec. interviews?

If anyone is interested in spending some time before or after the interview - They've got the West Side Market. Nice fun farmer's market not too far from the school. Be sure to stop by for some crepes and coffee :D

If anyone is interested in spending some time before or after the interview - They've got the West Side Market. Nice fun farmer's market not too far from the school. Be sure to stop by for some crepes and coffee :D

I should note, the WSM isn't open every day of the week. It is on the Red Line (between the airport and the University-Cedar stop). And yes, it is cool and celebrated its 100th year this month.

Dr. Chuck,

Are you able to publicly comment on the typical profile of accepted dental students that receive merit-based scholarships from CWRU?

Thank you.

Are you able to publicly comment on the typical profile of accepted dental students that receive merit-based scholarships from CWRU?

Every profile is going to be different, but suffice to say, we are looking for students who really show that they have earned consideration for a pre-matriculation scholarship. We talk more about that at interview day in our financial aid section.

Unless this is a really unusual year, it should happen. It would be better though if we knew about it so we could try to schedule others into that spot.

I hope they will be considerate and do that.....hoping to get an interview post academic update:xf:

My AADAS application was mailed on 10/19, and I just received an email from CWRU SODM today saying my application has been received. I also already paid my fee. My question is how late in the application cycle am I? I have an 18 AA on my DAT, and a 3.95 sGPA as well as research experience, extracurricular activities, volunteering, leadership experience, etc. Will I still be considered even though my application was sent out on 10/19?

Thank you.

My AADAS application was mailed on 10/19, and I just received an email from CWRU SODM today saying my application has been received. I also already paid my fee. My question is how late in the application cycle am I? I have an 18 AA on my DAT, and a 3.95 sGPA as well as research experience, extracurricular activities, volunteering, leadership experience, etc. Will I still be considered even though my application was sent out on 10/19?

We cannot comment on specific applications in this forum, but suffice it to say, our deadline is January 1, and we intend to keep reviewing applications until then. You should review our presentations available on our website (see the beginning of this thread) to see if you would consider yourself a viable candidate in our pool.

According to your website, last year "The CWRU School of Dental Medicine schedule[d] to send out offers of admission at approximately the following dates during the application cycle: December 1, January 15, February 15, and March 15."

So if we have an interview scheduled for December 3rd, for example, when the first round of offers will go out, is the earliest we could potentially get an offer from Case some time in mid January?

Thank you!

Last edited:
We will decide on all interviews conducted up until this Friday for December 3 notification. Those affected have been given notice. I cannot anticipate at this time when round 2 offers will be announced since it depends on when we can schedule admissions committee meetings. But the dates noted on the website provide a guideline on when we anticipate that we will give subsequent rounds of offers. (In other words... the information that is written on the website is what we can tell you.)

Last edited:
Do students have access to patient's files from off-campus? And how many international dentists do you accept?

Do students have access to patient's files from off-campus? And how many international dentists do you accept?

I'm not sure about accessing patient's files off-campus, as I am sure there are HIPAA issues.

Our Advanced Standing program is currently closed, but we do accept international predoctoral applicants. That information should be found in the ADEA Guide.

Is the advance program closed due to a local issue, or a wider issue through the Ada, thus all schools are affected?

I see, thank you for your tireless efforts here on SDN.

Dr. Chuck,

Is there a parking lot where I can park my car for the interview? Thank you

Is there a parking lot where I can park my car for the interview? Thank you

There is an 'underground' parking lot that is right under/next to the school. Parking is expensive but convenient.

Communications protocol for December 3: Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine will be sending all notifications regarding pre-December interviewed applicants by email through the AADSAS server and the AADSAS portal. The Office of Admissions will not contact using phone calls or text messaging.

Because most schools will be sending emails through the AADSAS server, we cannot specifically guarantee the time when you will receive your email from us regarding the status of your applications (for pre-December interviewed candidates). Neither can we give you a timeline when the AADSAS portal will update. I have been given the impression that all communication through AADSAS will be delivered by around noon Eastern Time, but things can happen with servers and the internet.

Since we do have interviews going on that day (December 3), we ask that you not respond or inquire about your file by phone to our office. We encourage communication by email to our dentadmit address and we will do whatever we can to respond as quickly as possible.

If you are given an offer of acceptance, we have opened our official Facebook page for the class of 2017 (see previous posts). The admins for the page are myself, Brian Sherman, and Phil Aftoora, and any one of us three can approve your request to join.

I'm going to have someone start taking a video of me at midnight EST... Because if I get an acceptance, I might become a YouTube viral video. I will have no control over what happens. :laugh:

I'll just turn into this:

:flame:

and ascend into the sky...

anybody's aadsas status still say "invited for interview" after you've had an interview?

Mine still does and I interviewed in August.

Are merit based scholarship notifications made at the same time as acceptance notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.