The Official Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine Class of 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just letting everyone know, a possible glitch in our emailing program may result in you getting your notification letters much earlier than we intended (which would have been December 3). I have notified ADEA to make sure they knew it was an error and not our intention.

Regardless, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Can we assume that whatever correspondence we receive from Case (even if it is early) is official? Or is there a chance that a decision sent out on Monday will differ?

Thank you Dr. Chuck!

I'm on continued review =( does this basically mean I'm waitlisted for the rest of the cycle? When will the next batch of acceptances go out?

Members don't see this ad :)
We are sending out communications over the weekend to everyone we have interviewed. You should have gotten a separate notice of that today, since another glitch means everyone will get a ton of communication from me on December 1. Then those with offers will get one more notice on December 3.

If you haven't gotten this notification, check your junk mail.

I'm on continued review =( does this basically mean I'm waitlisted for the rest of the cycle? When will the next batch of acceptances go out?

Did you attend my session during interview day, or if I wasn't there, did you get to listen to the webchat from last month?

Also, while I know I cannot control what you all do, can you all refrain from posting your acceptances (if you find out you are accepted) on Facebook, Twitter, SDN, and other social media until midnight December 3? I want to be fair to everyone else in the process.

But an offer is TRULY an offer, right? I mean of the erroneous ones sent out today?

And "under continued review" is a wait list? Or a rejection? :confused:

Also, while I know I cannot control what you all do, can you all refrain from posting your acceptances (if you find out you are accepted) on Facebook, Twitter, SDN, and other social media until midnight December 3? I want to be fair to everyone else in the process.

And "under continued review" is a wait list? Or a rejection? :confused:

The interview session was so long ago (Early August) that I've forgotten but I'll look for the link to the webchat. Thanks!

But an offer is TRULY an offer, right? I mean of the erroneous ones sent out today?

I'm pretty sure what we emailed out today by mistake is from the correct list, and not some "test email" list. However, technically, our mailed packet will be the official offer (as it will have my signature on it as a representative of the University and the School). But I'm almost certain that the emails we sent out correspond to the outcomes desired. Hopefully by next week you'll get additional confirmation. :)

Note: if anyone does not get the mailed packet by next Friday, December 7, please email or call us. We want to be sure we get you the official documents you need to respond to our offer, which must be returned by mail.

CHANGED: This is the recording of the webchat from back in October which I think outlines the decisions that will be disclosed. It is not otherwise available by search engines.

Thank you Dr. Chuck.

For those who are in the "Under Continued Review" if you watch the video. Dr. Chuck starts talking about the process around 15 minutes into the webchat.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get rejection? it seems like everyone else receive either acceptance or continue to review. I think adcom is just being nice and didnt want to send out rejection so they are using the term continuing review. Can i find out what my "rank" is if i am under continuing review?

We are sending out communications over the weekend to everyone we have interviewed. You should have gotten a separate notice of that today, since another glitch means everyone will get a ton of communication from me on December 1. Then those with offers will get one more notice on December 3.

If you haven't gotten this notification, check your junk mail.

Dr. Chuck, if we have interviewed before and did not hear anything yesterday (November 30th), will we be getting emails over the weekend? Do all students who have interviewed thus far hear something from Case on or before Dec. 3?

Thanks!

DIf we have interviewed before and did not hear anything yesterday (November 30th), will we be getting emails over the weekend? Do all students who have interviewed thus far hear something from Case on or before Dec. 3?

Thanks!

ALL candidates we have interviewed should have gotten an e-card yesterday and/or today (though there may be one or two exceptions) and should have gotten an email (by our error). Check your junk mail. If not, email me on December 3. I want to be sure the email address we have for you is correct (as it is the one you used to sign up for your interview).

did anyone get rejection? it seems like everyone else receive either acceptance or continue to review. I think adcom is just being nice and didnt want to send out rejection so they are using the term continuing review. Can i find out what my "rank" is if i am under continuing review?

Please review the recording I posted earlier in this discussion about the meaning behind continued review vs reject. Continued review is unranked and only when the class is full will we invite the continued review candidates to participate in our alternate list. Once we know who is on the alternate list, we rank that list.

We did send out decisions in all four categories: accept, continued review, hold, and reject.

All of this is described briefly on our website (near the bottom of the checklist page).

did people who got the emails yesterday get their AADSAS changed- either the website or the mobile?

We used our local client software which speaks with AADSAS' portal. I think I know what is happening, so it's possible that we will update AADSAS later but if you received your emails already, that gives you an indication of our decisions. Those with offers will have their mailed packets coming over the next week.

Hi Dr. Chuck,

Have you had any correspondence with aadsas regarding pre-dec 3rd notifications? I've seen quite a few schools release decisions so I was wondering..if anything was changed regarding notification dates, or would you say that these decisions are due to technical issues with different schools?

Just reminding everyone, you can join the class on Facebook if you have received an offer.

Ok, so... what you're saying is that these emails are as accurate as can be? If I received an email stating that I was accepted, then I should receive a corresponding acceptance packet in the mail?

if so.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Have you had any correspondence with aadsas regarding pre-dec 3rd notifications? I've seen quite a few schools release decisions so I was wondering..if anything was changed regarding notification dates, or would you say that these decisions are due to technical issues with different schools?

Just fro my own opinion: there are certain schools that probably planned to notify applicants before the agreed-upon December 3 date, but the mobile portal thing seems to be more a glitch in the program than anything deliberate. So nothing has changed on the Traffic Rules except that December 3 was the agreed-upon date for official notification.

This has the feel of "early voting" (which one can argue is a good thing). We'll all review the situation in the spring and come up with our overall protocol for AADSAS 2014 given the technical issues. This is the first time since we've had the Traffic Rules that we had to contend with a weekend notification (last year Dec 1 was on Thursday I think), and I think next year Dec 1 hits a Sunday.

Ok, so... what you're saying is that these emails are as accurate as can be? If I received an email stating that I was accepted, then I should receive a corresponding acceptance packet in the mail?

if so.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

For all intents and purposes, yes. Of course you're also probably getting bombarded by my correspondence today. :)

I did get three last night.... haha!

Good day,
Is continued review the same as under review?

Does anyone know what the tuition increase is expected to be per year? 5%? 11%?

I got the continued review :(. At least there is still hope. The thank you e-cards kinda cheered me up for some strange reason lol.

Havent even interviewed there yet but hoping for a post dec interview:xf:

Glad you liked the card. I don't think that many admissions offices thank YOU for your interview. :)

Dr. Chuck,
Yes. the cards were very much appreciated. What are my chances of acceptance in the future if I get "continued review?"
Thanks!

Dr. Chuck,
Yes. the cards were very much appreciated. What are my chances of acceptance in the future if I get "continued review?"
Thanks!

As mentioned in the presentation, it is completely dependent on 1) the number of people declining offers, 2) the number of people we interview, and 3) your academic or activities updates.

WAHHHHHHHHHH!

:eek::D:):cool::love: ... :scared:

Its (e-card) official!

If Ms. Sciulli doesn't know, it would be foolish to speculate.

Dr. Chuck,

Have any scholarships been given out with acceptances? If not, are they going to be given out soon or are they usually given out later on in the year?

Thank You :)

dr. Chuck,

have any scholarships been given out with acceptances? If not, are they going to be given out soon or are they usually given out later on in the year?

Thank you :)

+1

I have to see how much in scholarship money we do have. We usually have more scholarship money based on your performance in our program (preclinical and clinical). But we are otherwise limited when it comes to giving out scholarships.

I wanted to remind those of you holding interview spots but have decided to eliminate Case from consideration: please email dentadmit as soon as possible to cancel your interview so we can reshuffle individuals who want to interview for an earlier slot (and subsequently we can invite more people who are still interested). I'm sure all applicants who have not yet received offers or who are waiting to interview at Case would greatly appreciate your consideration.

To those already with interview spots who wish to move up, I sent an email to you noting that it would make my life easier if you could specify a set of three dates (not necessarily contiguous) that would work best for you if we were to reschedule your interview. (Also include in your email the date/time you currently hold.) If everything works, I'll contact you to verify/confirm before re-issuing you a new ticket/invitation to interview.

anyone else going to be at Case tomorrow (Wed.) or Thursday? My interview is on Thursday...

Round 1 offers have been sent out with a deadline of January 4, 2013. We will review the responses and make decisions on Round 2 offers with a goal of having decisions ready by middle of January (though specifics depend on the availability of the committee members).

If you are on continued review and do NOT wish to be reconsidered for Round 2, please let Brian know by email so we can prepare our ballots properly and you don't wind up taking a spot that you don't intend to keep. That is to say, you must opt-out to withdraw from the process of round 2. (We welcome any other correspondence from those who wish to be considered for Round 2.)

my niece got rejection email from Case :(:( she will have to re-try again next year. Congrats to your acceptance :thumbup:. Case is a great school.

No. No no no no no. I'm getting 9 email reminders to look at the 9 ecards that you guys sent us. Why cruel world, why....

Hey all, I have my interview at Case on the 7th of December at 10:30. I will arrive on Thursday afternoon from SLC and I will have a rental car and I will leave on Saturday morning early. I am hoping to get together with some people who want to check out Cleveland and some neighboring areas. My brother is alum and suggested some good places to eat.

I am LDS and will likely go see Kirtland right after the interview on Friday. Depending where you are at I may be able to give people some lifts to the interview or airport depending on schedules and locations.

Send me a message and I will get back to you.

No. No no no no no. I'm getting 9 email reminders to look at the 9 ecards that you guys sent us. Why cruel world, why....

I warned everyone... trying to manually delete each of over 1000 e-cards one at a time (no bulk-delete) was just as bad. Blame the IT folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.