***The Official Indiana University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Every interviewer is different. Best thing you can do is prepare yourself for anything to come at you. For myself though, it was very conversational.
Great advice. I will be prepared for grilling questions, but my fingers are crossed that my interview is also conversational. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Great advice. I will be prepared for grilling questions, but my fingers are crossed that my interview is also conversational. Thank you :)
Majority of the interviewees said it was conversational at the time I interviewed. You’ll be fine, don’t sweat it.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an interview invitation via email.
The date that was given to me is November 9th. However, I've already gotten an interview from other school scheduled on the same day, which I cannot reschedule anymore. I saw posting that 9th is the last one they have. I was wondering if this school can reschedule my interview from Nov 9th to Nov 2nd.
Also, would it be better to send them an email and let them know I already have another interview on that day?
What do y'all think? :unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invitation via email.
The date that was given to me is November 9th. However, I've already gotten an interview from other school scheduled on the same day, which I cannot reschedule anymore. I saw posting that 9th is the last one they have. I was wondering if this school can reschedule my interview from Nov 9th to Nov 2nd.
Also, would it be better to send them an email and let them know I already have another interview on that day?
What do y'all think? :unsure:
November 2nd is already booked. I have a friend that called to reschedule and they told him they have no openings.

Omg.......... :( That being said, no more pre-december interviews?
Choose the school that you have the best chance at, lower tuition cost, proximity to home, or whatever other reason is important to you. IU does not do any post-December interviews so if you can, try to reschedule the other school to post-December or simply cancel one of them. It's an unfortunate situation but you have some time to make this decision so consider all factors.

Interview Invite #1

Indiana University SOD.

I wonder what is the interview format like? What is the interview like compared to the school I interviewed at UDM last cycle?

Interview Invite #1

Indiana University SOD.

I wonder what is the interview format like? What is the interview like compared to the school I interviewed at UDM last cycle?
When did you get your invite? And when are you interviewing?

Interview Invite #1

Indiana University SOD.

It’s very chill at Indiana. I know mercy’s interview format is tougher.

For the eight-multiple Multiple Mini Interview, is it just a normal interview format with the student? Or is it the type of MMI where they give you a prompt, you have a few minutes to review the question, then have to discuss the topic for eight minutes?

For the eight-multiple Multiple Mini Interview, is it just a normal interview format with the student? Or is it the type of MMI where they give you a prompt, you have a few minutes to review the question, then have to discuss the topic for eight minutes?
"type of MMI where they give you a prompt, you have a few minutes to review the question, then have to discuss the topic for eight minutes" this one, but the first MMI is with a student ambassador and then the second MMI is with a faculty member

"type of MMI where they give you a prompt, you have a few minutes to review the question, then have to discuss the topic for eight minutes" this one, but the first MMI is with a student ambassador and then the second MMI is with a faculty member

Ahhh thank you! I was hoping it wasn't that kind of MMI, but at least I have time to prepare for it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh thank you! I was hoping it wasn't that kind of MMI, but at least I have time to prepare for it now.
UISD will send you and email with all the details prior to the interview date

After receiving an interview invite from IUSoD, what is the chance to get accepted?

but where tho? Can u help me find it?
There are 3 interview sessions with about 100 people per session. All of these are pre-December with no post-December interviews. There are about 100 seats in the class and they accept roughly 150 people for those seats.

There are 3 interview sessions with about 100 people per session. All of these are pre-December with no post-December interviews. There are about 100 seats in the class and they accept roughly 150 people for those seats.
Who told you this information? I heard it was about 160 something a session with only 105 accepted in the end.

Who told you this information? I heard it was about 160 something a session with only 105 accepted in the end.
From information on the statistics page. Also, they have 105 seats but accept 1.5x that amount since not everybody accepted ends up taking the seat. Most schools do this.

The first date (9/20, 9/21) had 160 people interviewed. I think in November, the next two sessions, they interview 70/70. I heard they also interview 300 people based off my friends attending their dental school now. They all got off the waitlist and some got accepted in December.

To be honest I’m not 100% sure, but usually out of state is at least 50% chance. Most interviews you get, you have over a 50% chance of getting in.
So does that means I am in good shape or have a good chance of being accepted?

To be honest I’m not 100% sure, but usually out of state is at least 50% chance. Most interviews you get, you have over a 50% chance of getting in.
I’d agree with this but add that it’s over 50% if you interview pre-December and less than 50% post-December. Either way, your chances are 1000x better with an interview than without.

I’d agree with this but add that it’s over 50% if you interview pre-December and less than 50% post-December. Either way, your chances are 1000x better with an interview than without.
Oh yea, definitely over 50% chance if you interview pre-December.

The first date (9/20, 9/21) had 160 people interviewed. I think in November, the next two sessions, they interview 70/70. I heard they also interview 300 people based off my friends attending their dental school now. They all got off the waitlist and some got accepted in December.
They are only interviewing 70 each session in November? Wow, that's a lot less than September!

They are only interviewing 70 each session in November? Wow, that's a lot less than September!
No I said I think that’s what they’re doing. You’ll find out though when you go. People that interview there should let us know.

UISD will send you and email with all the details prior to the interview date

Yeah I received the email, but it only said MMI. I interviewed at another school that called it an MMI, but it was just a normal interview format so I was confused about what to expect.

Yeah I received the email, but it only said MMI. I interviewed at another school that called it an MMI, but it was just a normal interview format so I was confused about what to expect.
they will send another email a day or 2 before the actual interview with all the info

In IUSOD interview, are we provided with toothbrushes and folders containing info about IUSoD?

I’m OOS and I need some help finding a hotel close to the school. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also did anyone experience extreme traffic while there?

I didn’t stay at a hotel but there was no traffic for me at all when I went both days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

In IUSOD interview, are we provided with toothbrushes and folders containing info about IUSoD?

Yeah, I remember getting a toothbrush, some Crest toothpaste (you’ll learn why this brand over the others) and a folder containing information about the school.

I’m OOS and I need some help finding a hotel close to the school. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also did anyone experience extreme traffic while there?

As for hotels, there are a few Marriotts (Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, and so forth - all central, nearby the dental school). You can also Airbnb if you feel comfortable doing that. I did this and found a place for $15 a night vs spending $70+ a night on hotels which are typically more expensive on the weekends too.

Traffic wasn’t bad at all but I’d still plan on leaving a bit earlier than usual just to play it safe.

Good luck to you both, it’ll go great!!

Is parking free in the garage? Where did most people interviewing park?

Contents from the e-mail sent to us, which I’m sure you’ll get as well just a day or two before.

Presentation day:
“Self-pay parking is available in the Vermont Street Garage (1004 West Vermont Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202). The garage parking entrance is on Vermont Street between University Boulevard and Barnhill Street.”

That’s where I had parked. Was around ~$8.

Interview day:
“For Saturday, September 21 only, we were just informed that parking lots 53, 54 and 62 will offer free parking. Lots 59, 63 and 80 will offer all-day parking for $10.

Attached is a campus map.”

^ don’t know if the same scenario will carry onto your experience but hopefully!

For those of you asking questions about details on your interviews, just be patient. They will send you all the information you need within a couple of days of when you’re interviewing.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there somewhere to put our winter coats when we arrive or will we be carrying them around all day, since this weekend itll be really cold. And lastly, is the school okay with holding our suitcases on our interview day somewhere? I'll have to check out of my hotel Saturday and my interview is that afternoon and i plan on going straight to the airport after.
You can’t bring anything into the interview. You can leave it with student ambassadors outside the interview room.

Is there somewhere to put our winter coats when we arrive or will we be carrying them around all day, since this weekend itll be really cold. And lastly, is the school okay with holding our suitcases on our interview day somewhere? I'll have to check out of my hotel Saturday and my interview is that afternoon and i plan on going straight to the airport after.
You can ask the hotel lobby to hold your suitcases for you. They normally have a private room to keep it safe for you until you come back to pick it up.