***The Official Indiana University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Im an oos and gave up my spot yesterday. Hoping it goes to one of you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you guestimating ~100 people or less on the waitlist after the class is full by the time of matriculation? Or like, after all is said and done, there's only 100 people you're typically competing with on the waitlist if you're trying to get into this school as a whole?
100 people or less will be left on the waitlist by the time classes start. I was told that at the end of every cycle there's a ton of people left on IU's waitlist so this is a good "guesstimate". I hope you guys on the waitlist here are also waitlisted at other schools or have at least another acceptance.

These last few posts have been incredibly discouraging but has anyone heard anything from the waitlist regardless?

Members don't see this ad :)
These last few posts have been incredibly discouraging but has anyone heard anything from the waitlist regardless?
I think this whole cycle is discouraging. There has been so much movement for the waitlist in past years, but for some reason, many other threads are dead as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I think this whole cycle is discouraging. There has been so much movement for the waitlist in past years, but for some reason, many other threads are dead as well.
I agree. I’m waitlisted at 4 schools... with really good stats but there’s no movement in any of them.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree. I’m waitlisted at 4 schools... with really good stats but there’s no movement in any of them.
3 here. I'm hoping there's a dramatic change by the end of this month. Perhaps a lot people are holding so many acceptances and this is the cause.

3 here. I'm hoping there's a dramatic change by the end of this month. Perhaps a lot people are holding so many acceptances and this is the cause.
I really hope our luck turns around. I feel your stress.

I really hope our luck turns around. I feel your stress.
I have friends that go to the school and one of them told me they’re sending acceptances off the waitlist daily depending on if the person waitlist accepts or rejects the offer. It’s just a small wave at the moment until 3 weeks into March. 100% many of the people waitlisted will hear back. Especially with 4 waitlists man, you have a high chance of hearing back. Feel like you’d have a better chance of getting in compared to not with that many waiting positions honestly.

I have friends that go to the school and one of them told me they’re sending acceptances off the waitlist daily depending on if the person waitlist accepts or rejects the offer. It’s just a small wave at the moment until 3 weeks into March. 100% many of the people waitlisted will hear back. Especially with 4 waitlists man, you have a high chance of hearing back. Feel like you’d have a better chance of getting in compared to not with that many waiting positions honestly.
I honestly don’t know anymore. I’m following up on all the schools but idk, nothing positive so far. I’m out of state for every single one of them. Which is probably why I’m waitlisted or they legit just hate me lmao. Indiana is my top and the only one I believe where the waitlist will actually move, I just hope it does. I know there’s still many ppl holding multiple seats, which is making it so hard for everyone else.
I just feel like it’s so late in the cycle now, just losing hope.

Has anyone heard back recently? or have gotten off the waitlist yet?

Don’t be discouraged by lack of movement on the wait list. One of my good friends didn’t get in off the wait list until the 2nd day of orientation. There’s a lot of movement early summer as all the acceptances go out. Hold strong!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone reached out to admissions to express interest or ask about the waitlist movement?

Has anyone reached out to admissions to express interest or ask about the waitlist movement?
I'm lowkey more curious about if this whole coronavirus thing is affecting movement... Is the school closed? Does that mean admissions office is closed? Does that mean movement is on hold...?

But nah, i havent reached out lol, IUSD said they don't want any updates or to ask about waitlist status so I'm sitting here patiently.

I was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday. It just so happens I was also accepted off the waitlist at a different school on Monday, which I will be attending. I’ll be declining my acceptance to IU today, so hopefully one of you will get some good news from them soon!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday. It just so happens I was also accepted off the waitlist at a different school on Monday, which I will be attending. I’ll be declining my acceptance to IU today, so hopefully one of you will get some good news from them soon!
In state?

Im OOS and waiting to hear back from the waitlist. Im getting both nervous and losing hope, but I wonder how many more people are left on the waitlist.

Im OOS and waiting to hear back from the waitlist. Im getting both nervous and losing hope, but I wonder how many more people are left on the waitlist.
Yes same, are you out of state of in state? I wonder when there will be more movement don't really know what to think at this point!

Yes same, are you out of state of in state? I wonder when there will be more movement don't really know what to think at this point!
im out of state! some of the older class' threads showed movement in april and may but im wondering if we'll have any delay in finding out because of the viral outbreak.

Same here! I am OOS as well waiting to hear back from the waitlist. This is really nerve wrecking...

I'm lowkey more curious about if this whole coronavirus thing is affecting movement... Is the school closed? Does that mean admissions office is closed? Does that mean movement is on hold...?

But nah, i havent reached out lol, IUSD said they don't want any updates or to ask about waitlist status so I'm sitting here patiently.

I'm a second year dental student at IUSD...the school isn't officially closed in terms of administration, so you could technically reach out to OASA (office of admissions and student affairs) but like you said, I recommend being patient. Clinics are closed except for emergency patients, and classes are now online for the rest of the semester. I only imagine that the school is continuing to work on admissions--they're extremely busy managing everything that is going on!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I’m out of state and just got accepted off the waitlist, but I have accepted a spot somewhere else and will not be accepting IU’s. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
I’m out of state and just got accepted off the waitlist, but I have accepted a spot somewhere else and will not be accepting IU’s. Good luck!

Hi, do you mind sharing when you sent in your application and what month you interviewed? Thanks

• Yeah I am in-state and waitlisted and have not heard anything about the in-state waiting list move. So I am going to say it is safe to assume for the in-state applicant this cycle is over and it is time to get ready for next year. If your in-state and wait-listed I would try asking schools what you can fix on your application. Other than that hope for the best next year :hungover::hungover::hungover:

Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying safe. I just got off of the waitlist today, however I will be declining my spot to attend IU. Don't lose hope, I think they are still extending their offers!

Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying safe. I just got off of the waitlist today, however I will be declining my spot to attend IU. Don't lose hope, I think they are still extending their offers!

Congrats! Are you IS or OSS for mercy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the acceptance! I was just wondering how did they contact you? Through phone or email?

Are you in state for IU?

Congrats on the acceptance! I was just wondering how did they contact you? Through phone or email?
Hey! So I'm out of state and they contacted me through email!

Hey! So I'm out of state and they contacted me through email!
I also was contacted via email. Felt so cheesy though since I have been holding my phone for that call since December 2nd. Oh well ‍;}

• Haha
How do they like the school? I am very curious since IU wasn't my top choice but now is the only choice.

Hi, congrats! When were you contacted?
I was contacted on the 6th apparently but it was in my junk mail for some reason. I found out on wednesday as I went through my junk mail. There is still time, 4 months left!

I was contacted on the 6th apparently but it was in my junk mail for some reason. I found out on wednesday as I went through my junk mail. There is still time, 4 months left!
Who was the sender of the email? Was it OASA?

Did your status change on the portal even tho you didn’t see the email???

I will be giving up my OOS seat. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted today OOS and will be accepting the offer! Found out through an email! Good luck everyone!

Got accepted today OOS and will be accepting the offer! Found out through an email! Good luck everyone!
Did your email say “provisional acceptance”? I just received mine today and the provisional part kind of threw me off a bit. Is this conditional? Or a true acceptance. I was on the waitlist and I just wanted to make sure that it’s a true acceptance lol to make sure it’s not too good to be true

@Jen_dental all acceptances are conditional/provisional it just means that you have to successfully complete your courses, paperwork, and more in a timely manner based on their deadlines and meet all of the conditions stated in the letter or they will offer the spot to someone else. So yes it is a true acceptance. Congrats!