***The Official Indiana University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

They start accepting people off the waitlist this week, I really thought it’d be today though based off last years acceptances. I guess they changed it up.
how do you know, did you call and ask?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just gave up my OOS spot at Indiana. Good luck to any of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
So I called the school to ask about how/if they schedule acceptances and the answer I got is basically that they don’t. If someone turns down the offer, the next person is immediately notified of an opening. In the event that anyone doesn’t meet the deadline to pay the deposit, then it will take thirty days (~1 mo) from the time that person was given an offer, till the next person in line receives his/her own offer. TLDR; there is no way to predict when anyone might hear back. Hang tight, y’all.

Reactions: 2 users
So I called the school to ask about how/if they schedule acceptances and the answer I got is basically that they don’t. If someone turns down the offer, the next person is immediately notified of an opening. In the event that anyone doesn’t meet the deadline to pay the deposit, then it will take thirty days (~1 mo) from the time that person was given an offer, till the next person in line receives his/her own offer. TLDR; there is no way to predict when anyone might hear back. Hang tight, y’all.
Do you think majority schools work that way?

Did they mention how many people are on the wait list?

Do you think majority schools work that way?
I’m not confident enough to say. I’m sure some other schools have their own systems. I think you’d have to call the schools you’re wondering about and ask about their procedure directly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they mention how many people are on the wait list?
They didn’t mention that, and I didn’t think to ask, sorry... I’m sure they’d tell you though. Also, there might be matriculation statistics for IUSD that include that information.

There’s instructions listed in the email they sent out today! If you have any questions, reach out to me

Hey, I‘m curious. I got an email notifying me of acceptance, and another with information about the deposit, background check, etc. But I didn’t get one with specific instructions just for the deposit. I know we need our UID to make the payment. How do we get that though? So far I’ve emailed OASA, but I’m still waiting to hear back. Should I call instead?

Hey, I‘m curious. I got an email notifying me of acceptance, and another with information about the deposit, background check, etc. But I didn’t get one with specific instructions just for the deposit. I know we need our UID to make the payment. How do we get that though? So far I’ve emailed OASA, but I’m still waiting to hear back. Should I call instead?
Hey, did you recently get this acceptance? I read above that you said you called to ask about the waitlist, so I was curious if you got off since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! Did they email only or did they call you as well? Their wait list email said they would do both. Just curious. Are you OOS?

has anyone heard anything this week?

For those who are waitlisted OOS, did anyone try sending anything to the school? Like an email of intent/interest? I know it says not to in their email, but I was wondering if anyone did.

For those who are waitlisted OOS, did anyone try sending anything to the school? Like an email of intent/interest? I know it says not to in their email, but I was wondering if anyone did.
I think that regardless of whether they sent it or otherwise, it would not affect their position positively. It clearly states that your position on the list cannot be altered at this point.

Best case scenario, position is unaffected.

Worse case, you go down on the position list.

do you guys think we'll ever hear back, getting so discouraged lol.

do you guys think we'll ever hear back, getting so discouraged lol.
Everyone relax, I'm sure some of us will hear back this month and if not, then we still have up until April for more possible acceptances.

just got my acceptance letter today via email!
fyi they only give 15 days to place the deposit!

Reactions: 3 users
just got my acceptance letter today via email!
fyi they only give 15 days to place the deposit!
Congratulations!!! How much is the deposit? Is there a deadline to submit the rest of the paperwork like vaccinations and background check?

Congratulations!!! How much is the deposit? Is there a deadline to submit the rest of the paperwork like vaccinations and background check?
the deposit $1000.00, the rest of the paperwork hasn't been sent yet

I was offered an acceptance today: call and email - in state. Good luck everyone! Your time is coming too!

Reactions: 6 users
I was offered acceptance today as well around 12:30CST and will be accepting the seat. I’m OOS. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have any idea on how full the class is, how many seats left?
The number of seats are always changing, a lot of people are just holding their spots until they get off the waitlist to other schools, we still have a chance just be patient

any acceptances since the deposit deadline?? OOS

Some new information for you guys. This cycle, they're accepting 60% IS and 40% OOS. Unfortunately, they have also interviewed more people than they have in previous cycles. 100 IS applicants were interviewed and nearly 400 OOS applicants were interviewed. Also, as soon as a seat opens up, they tend to call the next person on the list almost immediately.

for those OOS who have accepted how confident are you in the projected costed of attendance at 430 K ?

Some new information for you guys. This cycle, they're accepting 60% IS and 40% OOS. Unfortunately, they have also interviewed more people than they have in previous cycles. 100 IS applicants were interviewed and nearly 400 OOS applicants were interviewed. Also, as soon as a seat opens up, they tend to call the next person on the list almost immediately.
There’s no way they interviewed 400 people for 40 seats. That’s ridiculous if that’s true.

There’s no way they interviewed 400 people for 40 seats. That’s ridiculous if that’s true.
Due to their OOS tuition cost, they’ll probably end up sending offers to a significant amount of OOS people. Also, this was directly from someone in admissions.

I personally don’t understand why their OOS tuition cost is 2x their IS. IU also rejects people post-interview. If you think about it, 400 - rejected - people that remove themselves from the waitlist - offers made to people throughout the cycle = maybe 100 people or less on the waitlist by the end of the cycle.

It is true. During interviews they told us that there were total of 480 that interviewed and the break down was 100- IS, 380 -OOS. Also true that they accept about 60 IS, 40 OOS.

It is true. During interviews they told us that there were total of 480 that interviewed and the break down was 100- IS, 380 -OOS. Also true that they accept about 60 IS, 40 OOS.
Yea so that makes sense, I interviewed the first date and they told us there were 160 of us. I didn't expect it to be all 3 days.

Due to their OOS tuition cost, they’ll probably end up sending offers to a significant amount of OOS people. Also, this was directly from someone in admissions.

I personally don’t understand why their OOS tuition cost is 2x their IS. IU also rejects people post-interview. If you think about it, 400 - rejected - people that remove themselves from the waitlist - offers made to people throughout the cycle = maybe 100 people or less on the waitlist by the end of the cycle.
Are you guestimating ~100 people or less on the waitlist after the class is full by the time of matriculation? Or like, after all is said and done, there's only 100 people you're typically competing with on the waitlist if you're trying to get into this school as a whole?