***The Official Indiana University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

For those that got accepted, did you guys pay your deposit yet? I’m not sure how that’s done lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the email confirming your choice to be wait listed? If so does it say what position you have?
Yes I got a confirmation email. They said that they are not allowed to disclose our position to us due to committee policy.

Accepted Dec. 2nd at 12:02 am!!!
In state.

Reactions: 1 users
I did. Wanted to be sure we all got the same type of a confirmation letter. Would love to know the odds of getting accepted from the waitlist.
I’m not sure. But all I keep hearing is that the waitlist moves very quickly at this school

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not sure. But all I keep hearing is that the waitlist moves very quickly at this school
It moves quickly for OOS mostly from what I hear which makes sense since who's going to give up the in-state tuition for this school? I certainly wouldn't..

For instate waitlist folks, I created a group on facebook called "Indiana university school of dentistry class 2024 In-state waitlist" if you want please join the group so we can know how fast things are moving. This group is ONLY for In-state waitlisted.

For instate waitlist folks, I created a group on facebook called "Indiana university school of dentistry class 2024 In-state waitlist" if you want please join the group so we can know how fast things are moving. This group is ONLY for In-state waitlisted.

Great idea! I was just thinking today if there was a way for us to connect all IN state on the wait list ;)

Anyone know when the status changes from "Offer made" to accepted? I know it after the deposit has been paid, but how long after til it updates?

For those that got accepted, do you guys wants to create a group together on Facebook?

A little late but Accepted on 12/2 at midnight OOS

Hey guys!

Join the group if you are an accepted applicant to IUSD! Let's all connect :)

Does anyone know when waitlisted students OOS tend to hear back? I heard from current students that acceptances continue well into late June. OOS here if that helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when waitlisted students OOS tend to hear back? I heard from current students that acceptances continue well into late June. OOS here if that helps.
Second round acceptances will be after New Years. I think it’ll be by the following weekend of New Years though because it falls on a Wednesday.

This is because all deposits are due December 31st. Most dental schools will not send second round acceptances until after that date, but with looking at last years thread, they sent out second round acceptances January 7 which fell on a Sunday (for Indiana).

Last edited:
Just gave up my waitlist position. Good luck!

I asked this at my interview but wanted to confirm, IU doesn't ever grant in-state status if you start as OOS correct?

I asked this at my interview but wanted to confirm, IU doesn't ever grant in-state status if you start as OOS correct?
Correct. OOS for all four years.

Correct. OOS for all four years.

thanks, will be declining my acceptance in that case (IU is crazy expensive for OOS!). Good luck to you guys!

Because they released second round acceptances the past year on the second Monday of the new year. It should be this Monday, not Sunday sorry.
Do you think it’ll be at midnight like the first round of acceptances?

I’m pretty sure they’re going to fall

I’m pretty sure they’ll call us off the waitlist, it won’t be like the first round of acceptances
Does anyone have confirmation via admissions that we will be finding out tonight if we got off the waitlist? Hoping its tonight :)

Does anyone have confirmation via admissions that we will be finding out tonight if we got off the waitlist? Hoping its tonight :)
I don’t think it’s midnight anymore. I spoke to a friend that attends the school, they said they call you off the waitlist. So I’m guessing they will start calling tomorrow in the morning!

I don’t think it’s midnight anymore. I spoke to a friend that attends the school, they said they call you off the waitlist. So I’m guessing they will start calling tomorrow in the morning!

The waitlist confirmation email I received said they would both call and email. Guess I’ll wait and see. Nothing in email so far, though. Anyone else?

Has anyone heard anything yet? It’s already 5 pm here lol. OOS.

They start accepting people off the waitlist this week, I really thought it’d be today though based off last years acceptances. I guess they changed it up.

Reactions: 2 users