The official MCAT May 20th 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sofpink

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if anyone else will be taking the MCAT on May 20 2016. I would like some support, input, and help on your MCAT strategies I am only studying 2 hours a day for the MCAT, as I am taking a full load semester. Anyone else in this track?
 
Last edited:
Maybe I should have my Mom do that, but she wouldn't understand the score and would go "WOW! You got a 490%! Good job!" .... Then I would cry...
I would seriously die if someone was like you did so well!!! You got 480 percent better than everyone else!
Have a fellow premed look if anything. At least they will know what they're looking at.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys have a top school yet? If yes, why that school?
Assuming you would get into it. I get the whole "My top school is the one that accepts me, Ill be picky after!" mentality. But what is your number one?
 
Do you guys have a top school yet? If yes, why that school?
Assuming you would get into it. I get the whole "My top school is the one that accepts me, Ill be picky after!" mentality. But what is your number one?
Stonybrook (in state) would be a dream to get into.
But I literally just want a US MD acceptance, it doesn't matter which one (unless it's California Northstate).
 
Last edited:
Do you guys have a top school yet? If yes, why that school?
Assuming you would get into it. I get the whole "My top school is the one that accepts me, Ill be picky after!" mentality. But what is your number one?
I'd be happy with my state school. 26k a year compared to 50k at other schools is hard to pass up. But if I magically jump like 6 points on the MCAT I'll probably change my mind.
 
I'd be happy with my state school. 26k a year compared to 50k at other schools is hard to pass up. But if I magically jump like 6 points on the MCAT I'll probably change my mind.
I have always wanted to go to school in Boston or New York City, but the fact that in total Ill save probably 30k a year at my state school is just so difficult to say no to.
 
Do you guys have a top school yet? If yes, why that school?
Assuming you would get into it. I get the whole "My top school is the one that accepts me, Ill be picky after!" mentality. But what is your number one?
University of Florida!!!!!!!! I'm in undergrad there now. The dream is to stay and be a double gator. However, it's a pipe dream because my GPA is too low for them 🙁 ....happily donating my money in the form of an app fee anyway 🙂
 
My plan was to press "submit" on June 21st if my score was high enough...but I haven't been very motivated to complete my application without scores. My courses, demographic info, and personal statement are done, but work/activities is dragggggggiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg. Now I fear that if my MCAT is competitive, I won't be ready and I'll be wasting more time to get in line for verification....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My plan was to press "submit" on June 21st if my score was high enough...but I haven't been very motivated to complete my application without scores. My courses, demographic info, and personal statement are done, but work/activities is dragggggggiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg. Now I fear that if my MCAT is competitive, I won't be ready and I'll be wasting more time to get in line for verification....

That was my plan also but still not done with my personal statement or work/activities 🙁
 
I finished my PS last night, it literally just clicked. I was struggling for like 2 weeks trying to get my emotions onto the page but last night I just wrote. I started from scratch and finished in about an hour. I ended up being over the character limit so I had to delete some words. After I copied it onto AMCAS and hit "finish" I could almost physically feel the stress being relieved. I am now just waiting for Tuesday then, barring a catastrophe, hitting submit. I'm tempted to add cooking to my activities though. I don't just "cook my own meals" but rather thoroughly enjoy cooking and make some pretty good dishes. It is definitely something I could talk about in an interview as well, I just don't know if its a pointless hobby to add. :/
 
I finished my PS last night, it literally just clicked. I was struggling for like 2 weeks trying to get my emotions onto the page but last night I just wrote. I started from scratch and finished in about an hour. I ended up being over the character limit so I had to delete some words. After I copied it onto AMCAS and hit "finish" I could almost physically feel the stress being relieved. I am now just waiting for Tuesday then, barring a catastrophe, hitting submit. I'm tempted to add cooking to my activities though. I don't just "cook my own meals" but rather thoroughly enjoy cooking and make some pretty good dishes. It is definitely something I could talk about in an interview as well, I just don't know if its a pointless hobby to add. :/

Personally, I think that's a great hobby to write about. According to AAMC, anything that has an impact on who you are as an individual is worth writing about.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I finished my PS last night, it literally just clicked. I was struggling for like 2 weeks trying to get my emotions onto the page but last night I just wrote. I started from scratch and finished in about an hour. I ended up being over the character limit so I had to delete some words. After I copied it onto AMCAS and hit "finish" I could almost physically feel the stress being relieved. I am now just waiting for Tuesday then, barring a catastrophe, hitting submit. I'm tempted to add cooking to my activities though. I don't just "cook my own meals" but rather thoroughly enjoy cooking and make some pretty good dishes. It is definitely something I could talk about in an interview as well, I just don't know if its a pointless hobby to add. :/
That's funny I literally did the same thing yesterday and just completely rewrote mine. But I'd say add it, it couldn't hurt.
 
WOW I'M STRESSING MAJORLY

I submitted on the 7th, but my blasted transcript's haven't arrived yet (I had my school send another last week) so I still can't get verified. Maybe that's a sign about my MCAT score......lol
That's so annoying! :dead: Getting my transcripts sent was the first thing I did when apps open because I thought my school would be slow with it.
 
WOW I'M STRESSING MAJORLY


That's so annoying! :dead: Getting my transcripts sent was the first thing I did when apps open because I thought my school would be slow with it.
Same! Even though I have not submitted yet, all my transcripts (4 schools) have been in and processed at each application service (AACOMAS and AMCAS).
 
I finished my PS last night, it literally just clicked. I was struggling for like 2 weeks trying to get my emotions onto the page but last night I just wrote. I started from scratch and finished in about an hour. I ended up being over the character limit so I had to delete some words. After I copied it onto AMCAS and hit "finish" I could almost physically feel the stress being relieved. I am now just waiting for Tuesday then, barring a catastrophe, hitting submit. I'm tempted to add cooking to my activities though. I don't just "cook my own meals" but rather thoroughly enjoy cooking and make some pretty good dishes. It is definitely something I could talk about in an interview as well, I just don't know if its a pointless hobby to add. :/
Make sure to go over the whole app a hundred times with a fine tooth comb for errors, etc.!
 
Hey guys, I had a few questions.

1) How do you know if your AMCAS gets verified? Like is there an email or something?

2) How do you know if you receive a secondary? Is this sent through the AMCAS or an email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I had a few questions.

1) How do you know if your AMCAS gets verified? Like is there an email or something?

2) How do you know if you receive a secondary? Is this sent through the AMCAS or an email?

0) Ignoring you because of your username/avi.......kidding!....kind of 😉
1) No e-mail, you have to log in to your app and check
2) E-mails from the individual schools
 
I was informed that my transcript was received today! FINALLY! Now my app is officially being verified. All that's left is to see my long-awaited score...the fate of my app hangs in the balance of the next 20 hours haha
 
University of Florida!!!!!!!! I'm in undergrad there now. The dream is to stay and be a double gator. However, it's a pipe dream because my GPA is too low for them 🙁 ....happily donating my money in the form of an app fee anyway 🙂

Wow idk how I just saw this, UF is my top too! Was going to go there for undergrad, but I got a better offer last minute to play sports elsewhere. Praying I can finally become an official gator for med school.
 
I was gonna submit on the seventh and for some reason thought it'd be a good time to completely rewrite my PS. Hoping to it submit tomorrow if my score turns out ok.
 
I feel the same...its been increasingly more difficult to sleep the last few nights.

Also, I have become so anxious I am almost non-functional. The only thing I seem capable of right now is drinking wine.
Haha I plan on doing the same tonight. Gotta make sure I'm well rested so I can hit refresh a million times tomorrow.
 
@Wolfpack93 I submitted on the 10th but only applied to an Alabama school. As a California resident, I have no chance there but it allows my app to be verified. Now, I will add more schools tomorrow depending on my score.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad