***The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I didn't get the checklist, and I also didn't get an acceptance... everything looks the same as it did before... I am not sure what that means but I'm praying it means that I'll get in without before wait listed. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did all the acceptances go out already?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did all the acceptances go out already?

Someone should call and find out. I would but I have an exam in like 30 mins sorry

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance email at 2:42 CST.

To those who are still waiting to hear, keep your heads up! Don't panic, do whatever you need to do with confidence.

Congrats to those who got accepted so far! You guys will like it here. *cheers!*

Reactions: 1 users
Your denied if your portal didnt change correct?

To those who are still waiting to hear, keep your heads up! Don't panic, do whatever you need to do with confidence.

Congrats to those who got accepted so far! You guys will like it here. *cheers!*

Don't they usually send out all acceptances/waitlists/rejection same day ?

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Maybe they need more time.

So my friend got an acceptance email today around 4 something. I immediately called to see what was up, & they told me I was waitlisted. This is the 4th school I'm waitlisted at. Incredible

If you call they tell you.

If our portal did not change does that mean we are denied?

If our portal did not change does that mean we are denied?

I assume that when the academic update changes it means wait list as opposed to rejection (why do an update if they are rejecting?). But I don't know that just because they didn't update means a rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume that when the academic update changes it means wait list as opposed to rejection (why do an update if they are rejecting?). But I don't know that just because they didn't update means a rejection
Okay, thank you. Im pretty sure they said at the interview that if your portal does not change you get a denial letter in the mail.

for those accepted did you guys also have a new required prerequisite checklist pop up when you click applicant checklist. it use to just be required documents and required exams

I'm a little confused… So when I go to my interview and if I do well enough for them to extend me an acceptance offer, but haven't finished my last 2 prerequisite courses (that I plan to take in the summer), then I won't be about to accept their offer… instead I will be wait listed?

Then I would not be able*** to accept their offer? Instead I will be wait listed?

my portal and their school website has not changed. I have a feeling that this is yet another waitlist.
here I come touro and lecom...

It's a shame because I really liked the school and really wanted to attend there if I were offered a seat.

do you guys think theyre done sending out acceptances? I mean.. they did push everyone from January into this grouping too.. that's a lot of people

do you guys think theyre done sending out acceptances? I mean.. they did push everyone from January into this grouping too.. that's a lot of people

hope so. If I get the call/email, I swear I will cry like a bxxxx.

Does anyone know what it means if your portal has not changed

I'm a little confused… So when I go to my interview and if I do well enough for them to extend me an acceptance offer, but haven't finished my last 2 prerequisite courses (that I plan to take in the summer), then I won't be about to accept their offer… instead I will be wait listed?
Does anyone know the answer to this because this is worrying me also?

No I know ppl that have gotten an acceptance and still have a a class to take

No I know ppl that have gotten an acceptance and still have a a class to take
Thank you! I thought it was weird because I know other schools give you the chance to take courses but just wanted to make sure.

So my friend got an acceptance email today around 4 something. I immediately called to see what was up, & they told me I was waitlisted. This is the 4th school I'm waitlisted at. Incredible
Did your portal change?

Does anyone know the answer to this because this is worrying me also?
I got accepted today and I still have a course to complete so it doesn't influence their decision! The course just has to be completed before matriculation.

I got accepted today and I still have a course to complete so it doesn't influence their decision! The course just has to be completed before maturation.
Thank you and congratulations!!

Is there a facebook page for the class of 2020? Would be nice to start seeing some faces!

I wouldn't make any assumption until you get an actual decision for them. I understand how these days, every time your phone beeps, you would run to it, expecting a good (or any) news from any school. It sucks, I know.

But, don't worry too much and don't freak out if other people get messages you don't. I'm almost 100% sure that doesn't mean anything. Don't let this waiting game distracts you from your daily lives! Good luck!

I wouldn't make any assumption until you get an actual decision for them. I understand how these days, every time your phone beeps, you would run to it, expecting a good (or any) news from any school. It sucks, I know.

But, don't worry too much and don't freak out if other people get messages you don't. I'm almost 100% sure that doesn't mean anything. Don't let this waiting game distracts you from your daily lives! Good luck!
Do you know if they are sending out other acceptances this week?

Thank you for that optimism. I really needed that and I appreciate it :)

Do you know if they are sending out other acceptances this week?

I've heard different stuff regarding this matter. One thing I know for sure: They are still doing interviews and the seats are not completely taken. It's not over until it's over. But hey: Prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

my portal and their school website has not changed. I have a feeling that this is yet another waitlist.
here I come touro and lecom...

It's a shame because I really liked the school and really wanted to attend there if I were offered a seat.
When do you interview @ Touro?

Any sense of what chance those of us have who interviewed in oct/nov and are wait listed? Is that a bad sign since they are still interviewing?

I know this is easier said than done, but don't assume anything. Give it time.

Hey for those who interviewed, do you remember what the retention rate was for midwestern? Also, do they do the basic letter grading or is it pass/fail? I am trying to decide between Roseman and Midwestern and I like that at Roseman you need a 90% to pass, but can't remember what Midwestern said during the interview.

Hey for those who interviewed, do you remember what the retention rate was for midwestern? Also, do they do the basic letter grading or is it pass/fail? I am trying to decide between Roseman and Midwestern and I like that at Roseman you need a 90% to pass, but can't remember what Midwestern said during the interview.

Not sure about the statistics, but I can answer your question about grading at MWU: It is basic letter grading. However, the dean said that they do not report it to anybody unless you made a request to release the grade. So, it is somewhat pass/ fail.
What do you mean by "at Roseman you need a 90% to pass," btw? like... you need to get at least A- for all the courses?

Not sure about the statistics, but I can answer your question about grading at MWU: It is basic letter grading. However, the dean said that they do not report it to anybody unless you made a request to release the grade. So, it is somewhat pass/ fail.
What do you mean by "at Roseman you need a 90% to pass," btw? like... you need to get at least A- for all the courses?
Thank you letting me know! And yes, at roseman you have to get an A- or 90% at the end of every block to continue. But they offer remediation the day after the test to help you. So instead of having the weekend off, you would study to take the test again. But for Midwestern, if you were thinking about specializing, they would release the letter grades then?

Waitlist at Midwestern came in today. Interviewed on 2/8

Thank you letting me know! And yes, at roseman you have to get an A- or 90% at the end of every block to continue. But they offer remediation the day after the test to help you. So instead of having the weekend off, you would study to take the test again. But for Midwestern, if you were thinking about specializing, they would release the letter grades then?

For each course huh? That's a lot of pressure! But then again, the difficulty/ grading criteria are probably adjusted for the courses. Otherwise, I imagine the retention rate would be super low.

But yes, MWU would release the letter grades if you request it for specialization purposes.

However, just as a note, if you are thinking about specializing you should be aware of this new standardized test: ADAT (Advanced Dental Admission Test), which will take place starting this year.

Waitlist is not that bad, I was flat out rejected!! woohoo via snail mail.
I was really hoping they were just taking their time, but no, was rejected. Thought interview wasn't bad either, but I guess they weren't too impressed.

Moving along, but it's a shame since I really liked the program and the school. (not the weather though)

Have you gotten in elsewhere?

the letter was dated 23rd, so I am assuming they sent out waitlists/rejections on the same day as they emailed acceptanced to whoever got acceptances on 23rd.
It sucks for me , but good luck guys. Now I am hoping for another miracle..

Waitlist is not that bad, I was flat out rejected!! woohoo via snail mail.
I was really hoping they were just taking their time, but no, was rejected. Thought interview wasn't bad either, but I guess they weren't too impressed.

Moving along, but it's a shame since I really liked the program and the school. (not the weather though)

So sorry to hear that. Maybe you'll get somewhere better! Don't lose hope! I'm rooting for you, bruh!!