***The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

predenttarheel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread yet! Who has gotten their supplemental?

Members don't see this ad.

Many people received theirs along with MWU-AZ. I remember seeing a thread in the Pre-Dental forum. No word from them yet, however.

No word yet but should be fairly soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have the issue of their LORs showing as incomplete?

I have 4 LORs on my AADSAS application when I submitted and the MWU portal is saying they don't have them yet. It is strange because MWU-AZ has the letters as complete and I haven't submitted the supplemental app for them, but MWU-IL they do not show up and I have completed and submitted their supplemental app

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar to the email, but the way the phrased it seems like they have giving me an interview, and they are only waiting for the supplemental application.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. I hope so! Did you get the "why mwu" email also? Perfect supplemental fodder.

Yes I got it late last night. Thanks man! Good luck to you too!

Just curious if anyone knows how strict MWU-IL is on the LORs... ?

I have two science, 1 non science and a employer

Just curious if anyone knows how strict MWU-IL is on the LORs... ?

I have two science, 1 non science and a employer

Did you look into the requirements on their website at all?
  1. Two letters of recommendation.
    • One must be from either a predental advisory committee or a science professor
    • The CDMI prefers other letters from either someone with a D.O./M.D. or D.D.S./D.M.D. degree and/or professionals who can testify to the integrity and ethical standards of the applicant
    • Letters written by immediate family members are not acceptable
    • All letters of evaluation must be submitted directly by the evaluators to AADSAS

I'm starting D1 at MWU-il next week. Ask me any questions you have and I'll tell you about my experience.

Reactions: 3 users
Alex? Do you have an interview at MWU-il? If end up interviewing here let me know. That would be sweet!
No I don't. I haven't heard from them yet but if I don I will let you know! Has school started for you?

No I don't. I haven't heard from them yet but if I don I will let you know! Has school started for you?

I start on the first. I didn't get an interview at mwu until March. I'm sure you'll be set long before then.

How long does it take to receive the supplemental after submission.

Cool thanks! Do you mind telling me the essays so I can go ahead and get started before school starts?
#1. Can we just use this thread what it was intended for? It's really annoying.

#2. Yes, we are all on the same boat, but we are also competing against each other for these spots. If you wanted to complete your supplemental materials before school starts, you should have submitted sooner? Not trying to be rude.

#3. I'm pretty sure that MWU would not approve of that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#1. Can we just use this thread what it was intended for? It's really annoying.

#2. Yes, we are all on the same boat, but we are also competing against each other for these spots. If you wanted to complete your supplemental materials before school starts, you should have submitted sooner? Not trying to be rude.

#3. I'm pretty sure that MWU would not approve of that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
lol so you're one of those. I really hope I don't go to school with you.

Reactions: 14 users
INTERVIEW!!!
Monday September 21st

Reactions: 3 users
Interview! Monday September 21st!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did you get an email? What does it say on the Midwestern portal?
Basically an email said I am invited to an interview, go to the website to choose a date, then a confirmation email send to me after that.

Basically an email said I am invited to an interview, go to the website to choose a date, then a confirmation email send to me after that.
So on the portal it has something when you go to interview scheduling?

So on the portal it has something when you go to interview scheduling?
I received the invitation by email along with instruction to schedule an interview. In the ADEA AADSAS web, it still said Received/Under review.

You guys theived all the monday spots!!!haha my interview is tuesday the 29th of september.

Reactions: 1 users
Did any one get a letter from them in the mail?

I did. Mine was dated as the same day as my app was mailed out so maybe they do that for everyone? I got a little scared haha I thought it was a rejection