-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't gotten an email, mail or call yet and my AADSAS is still invited for interview. At this point is it still possible to receive an acceptance call or would it most likely be a waitlist? 🙁 I just assume they must have called the acceptances earlier in the day
Edit: Waitlisted
Edit: Waitlisted
Last edited:
AADSAS status updates to waitlisted. 🙁
Same here!aadsas changed to wait listed :/
Keep your head up guys! i had loads of friends last year get waitlisted and get in around January, February time.
I think the high hundreds means 700-800.High hundreds would it mean 200~300? Mine is still invited for interview haha
They interview ~600 applicants.I think the high hundreds means 700-800.
savannah9553
New Member
Does anyone else’s still say “invited for interview”
Mine does. When did you interview?Does anyone else’s still say “invited for interview”
savannah9553
New Member
November 22Mine does. When did you interview?
So did I! Maybe they didn't make decisions for our group yet?November 22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same day! Status is also invited for interviewSo did I! Maybe they didn't make decisions for our group yet?
Pink.Flamingo
Full Member
Did anyone interview with someone other than Dr.Lippman and received an acceptance? I feel like all the waitlisted students interviewed with someone else.
Thisguy222
Full Member
When I spoke on the phone and the women said high hundreds I think she meant in the higher 100 level range like 150-175 or soThey interview ~600 applicants.
Did anyone interview with someone other than Dr.Lippman and received an acceptance? I feel like all the waitlisted students interviewed with someone else.
That is not true. Plenty of people of other interviewers got accepted.
Waitlisted
SamTheSpy
New Member
I interviewed with Dr. Garber and got accepted.Did anyone interview with someone other than Dr.Lippman and received an acceptance? I feel like all the waitlisted students interviewed with someone else.
Yeah I interviewed with someone else and got in.Did anyone interview with someone other than Dr.Lippman and received an acceptance? I feel like all the waitlisted students interviewed with someone else.
same for meApplication Status changed to Waitlisted for me
how many times did you guys refresh your email/this thread today? think i refreshed somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand times
would've done more but i was too busy texting my friends the equivalent of an emotional rollercoaster
I interviewed with Dr. Quintin.Did anyone interview with someone other than Dr.Lippman and received an acceptance? I feel like all the waitlisted students interviewed with someone else.
Thisguy222
Full Member
Don't think that's the case at all, interviews are expensive to host for the university and it would be a waste of their time to waitlist every person they interviewed. A little less than half of all interviewees will get declined.I could be wrong, but it seems like every person who has interviewed thus far was either accepted or waitlisted. Doesn't seem like there has been even one rejection from someone who has interviewed, so the waitlist must be crazy long
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't think that's the case at all, interviews are expensive to host for the university and it would be a waste of their time to waitlist every person they interviewed. A little less than half of all interviewees will get declined.
I've also heard from friends who currently attend, have been accepted/waitlisted that they waitlist everyone who don't get accepted. No one gets rejected. Their waitlist is huge but they don't do post-Dec interviews.
Also, they give you a cold sandwich for lunch. They don't have to spend any money. Just need to dedicate some time.
D
deleted980501
I've also heard from friends who currently attend, have been accepted/waitlisted that they waitlist everyone who don't get accepted. No one gets rejected. Their waitlist is huge but they don't do post-Dec interviews.
Also, they give you a cold sandwich for lunch. They don't have to spend any money. Just need to dedicate some time.
Based on last year's thread seems like students who interviewed in December get priority review before waitlisted pre-dec students? Then pooled together after Jan 3rd?
Thisguy222
Full Member
I think you are generalizing a bit. It's an interview... ...not everyone's goes perfectly.I've also heard from friends who currently attend, have been accepted/waitlisted that they waitlist everyone who don't get accepted. No one gets rejected. Their waitlist is huge but they don't do post-Dec interviews.
Also, they give you a cold sandwich for lunch. They don't have to spend any money. Just need to dedicate some time.
All I'm saying is thus far it seems 100% of people who have interviewed were either accepted or waitlisted, prove me wrong if that's not the case. There hasn't been one person who interviewed that got a rejection thus far, not one. Also what? As someone else said the interview costs next to nothing aside from a sandwich. So I'm sticking with my original point that the waitlist seems to be crazy long because everybody who interviewed that didn't get accepted has now been waitlistedDon't think that's the case at all, interviews are expensive to host for the university and it would be a waste of their time to waitlist every person they interviewed. A little less than half of all interviewees will get declined.
All I'm saying is thus far it seems 100% of people who have interviewed were either accepted or waitlisted, prove me wrong if that's not the case. There hasn't been one person who interviewed that got a rejection thus far, not one. Also what? As someone else said the interview costs next to nothing aside from a sandwich. So I'm sticking with my original point that the waitlist seems to be crazy long because everybody who interviewed that didn't get accepted has now been waitlisted
I am pretty sure they Waitlist everyone as well
greentealattte
Full Member
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?
Thisguy222
Full Member
The interview days cost them more than a sandwich lmao. They are paying those people that ask us questions and show us around the school lololol. Why don't they interview everyone or more people? Time is money. Yes, not everyone is qualified, but it costs money(more than the sum total of application fees); that's the bottom line.
Darianel9512
New Member
100% of the people waitlisted on this thread, not 100% of the people interviewed overall.All I'm saying is thus far it seems 100% of people who have interviewed were either accepted or waitlisted, prove me wrong if that's not the case. There hasn't been one person who interviewed that got a rejection thus far, not one. Also what? As someone else said the interview costs next to nothing aside from a sandwich. So I'm sticking with my original point that the waitlist seems to be crazy long because everybody who interviewed that didn't get accepted has now been waitlisted
Thisguy222
Full Member
Exactly. Don't think many people that got outright declined are very incentivized to post on this thread either, whereas many people who got waitlisted are very much incentivized to post/read.100% of the people waitlisted on this thread, not 100% of the people interviewed overall.
You disregarded the fact that somebody posted that they have heard from current students that everyone interviewed is either accepted or waitlisted in December. Again, find me one person who was interviewed that was rejected yesterday. It would be beyond extraordinarily unlikely that not even one person would post that they got rejected on the thread when we have literally 100+ people who posted about getting accepted or waitlisted. Find me just one...The interview days cost them more than a sandwich lmao. They are paying those people that ask us questions and show us around the school lololol. Why don't they interview everyone or more people? Time is money. Yes, not everyone is qualified, but it costs money(more than the sum total of application fees); that's the bottom line.
The latest.Well, my status is invited for interview, not waitlist, and the other two people from here who interviewed with me on the same day Nov 22nd, are showing the same status
I don't even know if this means rejection, or our group just has not been considered yet
Thisguy222
Full Member
You disregarded the fact that somebody posted that they have heard from current students that everyone interviewed is either accepted or waitlisted in December. Again, find me one person who was interviewed that was rejected yesterday. It would be beyond extraordinarily unlikely that not even one person would post that they got rejected on the thread when we have literally 100+ people who posted about getting accepted or waitlisted. Find me just one...
Dude chill lol believe whatever you want our opinions on this are equally irrelevant.
You're the one who started with me dude. I'm done though, no use trying to reason with the unreasonable. Good luckDude chill lol believe whatever you want our opinions on this are equally irrelevant.
You're the one who started with me dude. I'm done though, no use trying to reason with the unreasonable. Good luck
Half the things @Thisguy222 is saying makes no sense. Just ignore him
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We expect civil conduct in all fora, but especially in the school-specific threads.
I interviewed today (should hear back on Jan 3rd). They said that they called about 150 ppl yesterday for acceptance offer, about 315 ppl in the waitlist atm. They're expecting about 50% or less from those 150 to accept the offer so everyone in the waitlist still has a chance. Hope that helps for those who are waiting
Last edited:
omg 150 people accepted? that is a lotI interviewed today (should hear back on Jan 3rd). They said that they called about 150 ppl yesterday for acceptance offer, about 315 ppl in the waitlist atm. They're expecting about 50% or less from those 150 to accept the offer so everyone in the waitlist still has a chance. Hope that helps for those who are waiting
omg 150 people accepted? that is a lot
Yes but keep in mind those ppl probably got accepted to other programs too. That's why Dr. L said that they only anticipated max 50% of those 150 to actually take the offer
How many more interviews they are going to hold? I wonder do we come before waitlisted people because we are still under review?I interviewed today (should hear back on Jan 3rd). They said that they called about 150 ppl yesterday for acceptance offer, about 315 ppl in the waitlist atm. They're expecting about 50% or less from those 150 to accept the offer so everyone in the waitlist still has a chance. Hope that helps for those who are waiting
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K